Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN (9741 Views)

Contractors Hand Over $1.5bn Lekki Port After Completion / FG Approves $1.5bn For Rehabilitation Of Port Harcourt Refinery / Nigeria's $1.5bn Loan Request Approved By World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by ijustdey: 7:59pm On Mar 29
The Nigerian economy had an inflow of over $1.5bn in the past few days.

This, according to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) indicates that its monetary policy efforts are working.

The Bank’s Acting Director, Corporate Communications Department, Hakama Ali, stated these in a statement on Friday.

Ali noted that data available to the bank, indicated that the inflows resulted from a concerted effort to stabilise the foreign exchange market.

She said the naira has also continued to record gains in the Autonomous Foreign Exchange market, as it traded at N1,309/$1 as against N1,611/$1 in the second week of March 2024.

Ali noted that Thursday’s rate signified that the naira was headed in the right direction.

She assured that the Yemi Cardoso-led CBN remained committed to ensuring the stability of the market, and the appropriate pricing of the naira against other major currencies worldwide.

This comes on the heels of the CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) announcement of a two-percent increase in its benchmark rate, from 22.75 per cent to 24.75 per cent on March 26, 2024.

The Governor, Olayemi Cardoso, during his post-meeting briefing, also reiterated that the CBN had cleared all verified foreign exchange backlog, underscoring the fact that liquidity would improve in the foreign exchange market.

On March 27, 2024, the Bank conducted the Nigerian Treasury Bills (NTBs) auction of N1.64trn, at stop rates of 16.24 per cent, 17 per cent, and 21.124 per cent for the 91-day, 182-day, and 364-day tenors, respectively.

The decision to increase the interest rate raised lots of concern among citizens and economic experts.

But Cardoso said the bank’s decision was intended to stabilise the economy by bringing the interest rate at par with the current inflation in the country.

The governor said: “While the increase in interest rate may have tendencies toward strangulating the economy, with the foreign exchange rate coming down, that also helps to moderate it overall.

“And as I said earlier, you would expect that this would not be too long drawn; at least I would hope so. We are getting towards a situation where the exchange rate is moderating, and we are expecting it to moderate, and then it finds a level that, quite frankly, is sustainable.

“This would involve huge collaboration with the fiscal side because a lot of that cannot just rely on the monetary side alone.”

https://dailytrust.com/nigerian-economy-recorded-over-1-5bn-inflow-this-month-cbn/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by Nackzy: 8:02pm On Mar 29
Audio, any policy that doesn't have positive effect on it's citizens is null and void

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by SoNature(m): 8:06pm On Mar 29
It's good that the sum came into Nigeria, but if the money isn't for the government, it will end up in the black market because nobody will bring money into the country to exchange it for small amounts.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by Paraman: 8:07pm On Mar 29
Obidients won't be able to sleep tonightgrin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:09pm On Mar 29
Good.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by rinzaugustine: 8:11pm On Mar 29
Useless propaganda

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:11pm On Mar 29
Nackzy:
Audio, any policy that doesn't have positive effect on it's citizens is null and void

rinzaugustine:
Useless propaganda

Had it been it was bad news about Nigeria, there wouldn't have been questioning.

Una go all dey alive to witness the progress of Nigeria. Una go even tell una grand kids self that initially I was pessimistic

98 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by ElSudani: 8:13pm On Mar 29
Another devastating news to the enemies of Nigeria.
Another wave of japa is coming! The economy will grow so strong some people out of anger will decide to leave Nigeria.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:17pm On Mar 29
ElSudani:
Another devastating news to the enemies of Nigeria.
Another wave of japa is coming! The economy will grow so strong some people out of anger will decide to leave Nigeria.

Bro, is it true that the price of Flagyl in Nigeria have increased by 50%? The born enemies of Nigeria might have caused the price increase as all the good news coming out from right and left have been making them to shit their intestines.

Chai, poor them. Those good news are just in the making, hope we won't have shortage of Flagyl in Nigeria after some months..

grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by LagosFirstSon: 8:18pm On Mar 29
helinues:
Good.
Deep down, you know this news is mere propaganda by the "Oniro" government of Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by ElSudani: 8:19pm On Mar 29
helinues:

Bro, is it true that the price of Flagyl in Nigeria have increased by 50%? The born enemies of Nigeria might have caused the price increase as all the good news coming out from right and left have been making them to shit their intestines.

Chai, poor them. Those good news are just in the making, hope we won't have shortage of Flagyl in Nigeria after some months..

grin

My brother Flagyl is good, I hope they don't graduate to SNIPER.
What a bunch of traitors masquerading as opposition.
Political opposition is one thing, outright hate for your country is another thing.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:20pm On Mar 29
LagosFirstSon:

Deep down, you know this news is mere propaganda by the "Oniro" government of Nigeria

Heheh, so you are one of those who have contributed to the ridiculous high price of Flagyl.

Like how many do you take in a day, I dey sure say this particular news , you go need nothing less than 3 to stop the purging..

grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by LagosFirstSon: 8:23pm On Mar 29
helinues:

Heheh, so you are one of those who have contributed to the ridiculous high price of Flagyl.

Like how many do you take in a day, I dey sure say this particular news , you go need nothing less than 3 to stop the purging..

grin
Lol .. I always pray for this country to succeed

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:23pm On Mar 29
ElSudani:

My brother Flagyl is good, I hope they don't graduate to SNIPER.
What a bunch of traitors masquerading as opposition.
Political opposition is one thing, outright hate for your country is another thing.

The jokers who want to take Nigeria back from those who have been defending her from same them as they are hell bent wishing her evil.

The first good part is, all their evil wishes have been reversing back to them in multiple folds.

In addition, Dem go all dey allive to see the new Nigeria we have all been dreaming about even though it might take some years but we go all witness am together

25 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:25pm On Mar 29
LagosFirstSon:

Post just one screenshot where you have ever appreciated all the efforts been made by his Excellency Tinubu.

I do not ask for 2 or 3, just 1, either you shame me tonight or I shame you biggerly.

Only if you would respond accordingly without derailing

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by LagosFirstSon: 8:27pm On Mar 29
helinues:

Post just one screenshot where you have ever appreciated all the efforts been made by his Excellency Tinubu.

I do not ask for 2 or 3, just 1, either you shame me tonight or I shame you biggerly.

Only if you would respond accordingly without derailing
Unfortunately, Tinubu is yet to impress sane minds since his inception as president

I will rate him positively if he starts making the right decision. But right now, he's yet to impress sane minds.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:29pm On Mar 29
LagosFirstSon:

Unfortunately, Tinubu is yet to impress sane minds since his inception as president

So if you have never wished the president to succeed before, how then can you say you are praying for the country to succeed.. That's contradictory

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by ElSudani: 8:29pm On Mar 29
LagosFirstSon:

Bald faced lie. If I say God bless Nigeria, you will probably choke trying to say Amen.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by LagosFirstSon: 8:35pm On Mar 29
helinues:

So if you have never wished the president the succeed, how then can you say you are praying for the country to succeed.. That's contradictory

I was a teenager when Tinubu was governor of Lagos and I could remember that he usually goes to his alausa office through 7up bottling company way along Doherty way.

I remember how I used to stand under the sun to watch him go to late kudirat abiola cenotaph around this same route along 7up way Ikeja every June 12 .

I grew up knowing Tinubu more than most of you here .

Then, Tinubu official car w Mercedes G-wagon.

I've gotten close to Tinubu than most of you , so you see, I do not hate him. I think he's too old to pilot the affair of this country .

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:38pm On Mar 29
LagosFirstSon:

I was a teenager when Tinubu was governor of Lagos and I could remember that he usually goes to his alausa office through 7up bottling company way along Doherty way.

I remember how I used to stand under the sun to watch him go to late kudirat abiola cenotaph around this same route along 7up way Ikeja every June 12 .

I grew up knowing Tinubu more than most of you here .

Then, Tinubu official car w Mercedes G-wagon.

I've gotten close to Tinubu than most of you , so you see, I do not hate him. I think he's too old to pilot the affair of this country .

Okay

So now, if you are to compare president Tinubu with either former governors or current governor from your home state, which of them can you boast of performing more than his Excellency Tinubu?

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by rinzaugustine: 8:39pm On Mar 29
helinues:

Had it been it was bad news about Nigeria, there wouldn't have been questioning.

Una go all dey alive to witness the progress of Nigeria. Una go even tell una grand kids self that initially I was pessimistic

Amen, would be glad to see the miracle happen
Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by LagosFirstSon: 8:41pm On Mar 29
helinues:

Okay

So now, if you are to compare president Tinubu with either former governors or current governor from your home state, which of them can you boast of performing more than his Excellency Tinubu?
Tinubu didn't develop Lagos , Col. Buba Marwa laid the Lagos development foundation .

I am more Lagos than most of you ..

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by nairavsdollars(f): 8:41pm On Mar 29
Let's see if the naira gain will continue...or just a temporary thing

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by Zico5(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29
So shall it continue to be. No bad news again. All the enemies of the country shall be put to shame. May all the good news yield positive results on our economy in Jesus name. Pray for the welfare of the Jerusalem(Nigeria) and those that love it shall prosper.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by Dialpad: 8:42pm On Mar 29
Impressive
Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by Waterlilly: 8:42pm On Mar 29
story
Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by chicoMX(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29
This is good news. But then, Nigerians are still waiting for the price of beans, rice, garri to also come down.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by tnerro1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29
But prices are still going up daily, wats going on?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by Kingrshd3: 8:43pm On Mar 29
K
Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by helinues: 8:43pm On Mar 29
LagosFirstSon:

Tinubu didn't develop Lagos , Col. Buba Marwa laid the Lagos development foundation .

Hey, don't start the back and forth things. I asked you a simple question. You are from Imo state, let me just be straight, tell us any of the former Imo state governor or present which performed more than his Excellency Tinubu as governor.

You see I always highlight president Tinubu when engaging with you, I noticed it caused stomach rumbling

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Economy Recorded Over $1.5bn Inflow This Month – CBN by adioolayi(m): 8:43pm On Mar 29
Nigeria will surely succeed..

God bless Nigeria

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP May Move Against Disloyal-Governors / We’re Inviting Kashamu For Alleged Assassination Plot –police / Fela Durotoye's Independence Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.