Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ (35136 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina: U.S. Treasury Urges Independent Investigation Into AfDB Head / COVID-19 Crisis: Ramaphosa, Johnson-sirleaf Akinwumi Adesina's Steps / Akinwumi Adesina Meets John Connors, American Who Sponsored Him In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by rinzaugustine: 7:27pm On Mar 30
chopnaira:
Regionalism is better. People are more united that way by tribes, tongue, and culture and it helps to foster regional nationalism and healthy competition between the regions.
first time I agree with you
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Abdul05: 7:28pm On Mar 30
angry
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Gboom: 7:28pm On Mar 30
United States of Nigeria with true federalism
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Slytiger: 7:29pm On Mar 30
OgunkeelAllMod:
Na who and who unite undecided
Lol.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30
Brilliant idea 💡 Each state carrying their own cross ✝️

Ungrateful Parasitic North Walhalla yaff solved

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by blacknp(m): 7:29pm On Mar 30
Afrobasic:
United indeed.

As if that would solve any of the challenges we're currently facing.

Mugu
Even Jesus Christ, & Mohammed working hand in glove, cannot save you.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Knight1210(m): 7:33pm On Mar 30
Meanwhile, in reality we're not United
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by FireUpNow(m): 7:35pm On Mar 30
Are we really United to form u ited states of Nigeria?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Gabayo17(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30
Correct! Pastor Adeboye proposed the same
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by tunjijones(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30
ldab:
Can the governors handle the power without intimidating anybody when given the maximum power to control the state the way we have it in America etc.

We don't need to have it through way American do, we can fumulate what works for us.

Central govt wld still be in charge of defence, economy, justice and a whole lot of depts.

Think bout it, it's way better than this current system of governance. It's also going to bring governance close to the people. One man no go dey abj dey control wetin dey happen for kafanchan, abakaliki, agbor, rank, mubi, akungba etc with same law, it can't work cos these people are different people.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by ablejesus26(m): 7:37pm On Mar 30
jericco1:
Lol but Nigeria is more divisive than ever. What is united about this hellhole? Let there be a restructuring

The man is somewhat talking about restructuring here.

I believe the problem with the Country is a mindset thing rather than a structure thing.

If You restructure this Country chances are the various state are already stained by the Nigerian mindset and the impact will still be there, nonetheless restructuring is a necessity NOW.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by ablejesus26(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30
ebufa:

Agbadorians are in power....let them stop advocating true federation and go ahead and execute true federalism!!! We want to know the actual parasites and leeches on the federation!

You cant even make a simple submission without doing this una nonsense tribal bullcrap,how do you guys feel when you do this thing sef😁
Does it makes you feel good 😁😁

Na wa.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:42pm On Mar 30
North should just go their way

Igbos too should just go their way..

Within few years, they'll be done exterminating eachother
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by sukar886: 7:42pm On Mar 30
It wont work, cos we aint united
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Greenfusion: 7:43pm On Mar 30
nlfpmod:

https://punchng.com/restructuring-afdb-boss-adesina-proposes-united-states-of-nigeria/
United what?. We should stop deceiving ourselves.....its should be divided people of nigeria.....
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Babyboyforeal(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30
The question we should ask ourselves is there anything united about Nigeria?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by noeloge82(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30
Name change is not the main thing buy the statement of allowing states function as separate entity and get support from center that's the only to go forward and not just name change
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Musisco01(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30
This to me is nonsense. If there is no fairness between the six geopolitical zones, how can there be unity? I am from the north and i would like for the country to be united, but the reality is that some see themselves with the birthright to the throne of Nigeria, so; unity right now is far fetched from us...
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by bluefilm: 7:44pm On Mar 30
If you are not talking about giving us Biafra, then I am not interested

Biafra is my last hope

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by incogni2o: 7:44pm On Mar 30
CuriousX:
Sorry sir, Nigeria is not united and can't ever be united.angry

This contraption is forced and if a referendum is conducted majority will choose to go their different ways, because this country is not working for the majority.

South South, South East and the North central being slaughtered by the fulani terrorists will opt out of this country.

Even the core north want their own sharia country so will maybe opt out. So Nigeria far from being united.

Sharap.

Don't let me curse you like Elijah cursed that unbelieving Man in the Bible.

I have a dream, Nigeria will be great to the extent people will start coming back.

Nigeria shall be great.
Nigeria will be United.
Nigeria will be Great again.
The Giant will rise.

I will experience and enjoy it.

I support what is being proposed.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Baxilexi(m): 7:46pm On Mar 30
Well done Mr Adesina, history will remember you.

Someone had opined that Nigerians don’t pay taxes, but in truth Nigerians pay so much illegal taxes that if channeled to official channels would make a difference.

Secondly, it is high time we scrap the state of origin and replace it with place of birth. If you’ve lived for 18 years on a ground, you qualify as a son of the soil.
Isn’t it hypocritical that Nigerians vie for foreign citizenship but support tribalism.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by jetguy(m): 7:47pm On Mar 30
Changing of name will not create any significant impact until our politicians mindset change from impoverished a common man in a systematic way to give them peanut during electioneering campaign in other to vote for them.

Lastly, what will kill Nigeria as a nation are :
Religion,
Tribalism
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by BigDawsNet: 7:47pm On Mar 30
I like it...
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by ablejesus26(m): 7:48pm On Mar 30
jogsman01:
Hope he's okay... Wetin united inside Nigeria except rivers united

Akwa United nko😄

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by phorget(m): 7:48pm On Mar 30
United when we are evenly disunited.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by Tektronics12: 7:49pm On Mar 30
I Disagree, I prefer "United Tribes of Nigeria". Setup Elders council where every tribes big or Small is represented. Elders Council Should Supercede and Control the President or Prime Minster!
nlfpmod:

https://punchng.com/restructuring-afdb-boss-adesina-proposes-united-states-of-nigeria/
Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by drerocker: 7:49pm On Mar 30

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina Proposes ‘United States Of Nigeria’ by ebufa: 7:50pm On Mar 30
ablejesus26:

You cant even make a simple submission without doing this una nonsense tribal bullcrap,how do you guys feel when you do this thing sef😁
Does it makes you feel good 😁😁

Na wa.

So what is the power for now?...........the government has not hidden the fact that this admin is yoruba dominated so let them use the power for our good! Stop being hyper sensitive abeg!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Mocks APC Party Leaders, Calls Them Jesters / Fayose's Supporters Make New Presidential Campaign Poster / My Ex-classmate ‘languishing’ As General Manager In Nigerian Mediocre Bank: VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.