Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy - Food (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy (40375 Views)

Top Ten Popular Igbo Soups / Who Is The King Of All Nigerian Soups? (Pictures) / 5 IGBO Soups You Should Try (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by waternogetememy: 4:32pm On Apr 02
IF YOU HERE EDIKAIKONG SOUP, ACKNOWLEDGE THE AKWACROSS CALABAR PEOPLE.

IF YOU HERE AFANG SOUP, ACKNOWLEDGE THE AKWACROSS CALABAR PEOPLE.

CHANGING THE NAME TO TRY AND CLAIM IT MAKES YOU A THIEF.

WHY STEAL WHAT IS ALREADY MADE AVAILABLE FOR ALL TO ENJOY.

WHY?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by 2mch(m): 4:47pm On Apr 02
Probz:

Most Nigerians in Cameroon are probably Igbo. Nothing’s ever historically concerned Yorubas with Cameroon.

https://www.cameroon-tribune.cm/article.html/52642/fr.html/cameroon-nigeria-yoruba-community-in-littoral-gets-new

I have noticed Igbos love to talk with a lot of ignorance and arrogance. Making you look stupid most of the time. You give your tribe a bad name everywhere with such nasty and foolish way of talking.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Armaggedon: 5:20pm On Apr 02
2mch:

https://www.cameroon-tribune.cm/article.html/52642/fr.html/cameroon-nigeria-yoruba-community-in-littoral-gets-new

I have noticed Igbos love to talk with a lot of ignorance and arrogance. Making you look stupid most of the time. You give your tribe a bad name everywhere with such nasty and foolish way of talking.
what did you actually prove? Most Nigerians in Cameroon are Igbo as he said.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Armaggedon: 5:38pm On Apr 02
Inferiority complex pervades the entire fabrics of ethnic relations in Nigeria. Everyone knows Gbegiri and Ewedu are the two major soups of Yoruba origin. How Yorubas are unable to acknowledge Igbo cultural richness is funny.

Note, Yoruba people do not claim origin of Egusi soup. They either claim it's not an Igbo soup or claim it's name belong to them.

Note also that no other ethnic group claim origin of the soup except Igbo. What other ethnic groups claim is "we also cook it"

Igbos however have proven that the soup is just like other Igbo soups as all major ingredients of the soup is associated with them like the first poster noted.

No need to argue about it. Like I said, it's a coordinated expression of inferiority complex against the Igbos.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 5:49pm On Apr 02
Alexis11:

You are extremely intelligent. 😆

I know dem wella.

That's why they fear me.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 5:55pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:

No need to argue about it. Like I said, it's a coordinated expression of inferiority complex against the Igbos.

Allow me to introduce you to the writings of Basden.

Nigger Ibos: a description of the primitive life, customs and animistic beliefs, etc., of the Ibo people of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Armaggedon: 6:01pm On Apr 02
DeepThroater:

Allow me to introduce you to the writings of Basden.

Nigger Ibos: a description of the primitive life, customs and animistic beliefs, etc., of the Ibo people of Nigeria
where are you from?
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 6:02pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:
where are you from?

Southsouth where Garths explode

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Armaggedon: 6:04pm On Apr 02
DeepThroater:

Southsouth where Garths explode
What is the name of your ethnic group?
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 6:05pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:
What is the name of your ethnic group?

What's with the Facebook 2Go questionnaire ?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Armaggedon: 6:10pm On Apr 02
DeepThroater:

What's with the Facebook 2Go questionnaire ?

You don't expect me to oblige you on any Igbo discussion when you are ashamed of your social identity.

People world over wrote about Igbos. Who knows whether anyone cared about you.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Dsimmer: 6:11pm On Apr 02
Probz:

I’m not talking about Ondo/Ekiti/Osun varieties. I already know they do it better than typical Yorubas, but they’re an outlier. I’m already giving more credit to Yorubas than the average Igbo person. I know all about individual states and I’m still saying what I’m saying.

Imagine serving egusi-Ijebu at an Anambra function at Agukwu, Awka or Nnewi. As if Igbos joke with soup.

Oha soup might not be your cup of tea but people love it. That’s the bottom and top of it.

You're not making sense. Egusi is a Yoruba word with the Yoruba sound and has its meaning only in Yoruba language.

It's got several varieties and it's one of Orunmila 's favourite delicacies. it was Ajayi Crowther who introduced several Yoruba cuisines to the Igbo to stop the Igbo cannibalistic nature.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 6:14pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:
You don't expect me to oblige you on any Igbo discussion when you are ashamed of your social identity.

You guys made a fascinating fire place novel because of your savagery.

Note that no tribe in Africa was known for cannibalism and crass primitiveness.

The European only encountered your counterparts in Papua Guinea and the Polynesian archilegpo.

That's what neccesitted Basden and his co Europeans to write extensively on your primitive nature.

Waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 6:24pm On Apr 02
Cosbyrich:

Stop being ignorant.
So if you write Fufu As Fufwu or Isu As Iswu it has become an Igbo food.
See life grin
Self deceit is allowed, so can continue entertaining yourself.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 6:44pm On Apr 02
TRUTHaDDICTED:
Self deceit is allowed, so can continue entertaining yourself.

Your people where the ones who engineered every food as you are the first ones God gave every seed in Eden to hold before HE destroyed the earth with flood .

Being that we all came from Sumer and later Egypt , it is you Igbos that God gave the knowledge as you are all HIS chosen children.

Don't mind those yaribanzas .

Ibos are the greatest tribe .

Even Hitler sent a special expedition force to come and consult your great grand parents so as to unlock the hidden history of the world.

Even Netanyau is wasting his time. If the fake Jews want Zion to come today with Jerusalem as the capital of the world , they must come to Nri and consult with you guys on how to get it

The Levi tribe and the rabbinical tribe are in Ibo land.

Don't mind these British slaves called Nigerians .

Ibo race is the real chosen race.

Even Yeshua Christi real name is Emeka and his mother Mary's real name is Amaka.

Don't mind these Philistines and their house nigger antics.

Ibo people are God's only chosen people and until we all bow to them there will be no peace on earth and heaven because Baba God is angry.

Free Kanu

Free evans

Elect Obi.

Make Enugu the capital of Nigeria and Africa .

I bow to you my Messiah race.

Idiot

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Probz(m): 7:22pm On Apr 02
RevenuesBoost:

It's a Yoruba word, Wikipedia says so

lol. I literally just made a point about Wikipedia and the fact that anyone can edit it at any time, which has clearly been the case here.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by AmuDimpka: 7:22pm On Apr 02
RevenuesBoost:

Did you understand the screenshot you sent to me?
It's known in Igbo as Egusi right?
Meaning every Igbo person calls it Egusi as well because you guys don't know how to call melon in your language.
That doesn't make it an Igbo word.

It's an Igbo word right, oya Egusi means?

Una don finally collect Yoruba language too😂

Oya clap for yourself Egusi is Igbo.

I'm not from Yoruba but I know the literal meaning of the word in Yoruba.

Someone like you wrote that article in December 2022 to collect Yoruba Credit.
He doesn't even know how to spell it well😂

Mek una add am to Igbo dictionary since na Igbo word.
blablabla
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Probz(m): 7:24pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:
where are you from?

The land that created the KKK, clearly. Most Africans who have never left Africa or have that kind of exposure or understanding don’t have the same way of looking at racism but come on. You can’t be dropping the n-word like that over soup.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by leathalbeast: 7:29pm On Apr 02
mariahAngel:

In Nigeria, whatever is eaten with a swallow meal is considered soup, no matter the consistency.

Check out this thread below, to see what some of Nigerian soups look like.
We do have quite a lot of delicious looking soups.

https://www.nairaland.com/7951527/see-variety-nigerian-soups-pictures#127666461
just saw the thread, the efo riro soup is the winner in my opinion, BTW the ogbono soup looks like light soup in Ghana.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 7:37pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:

So Egusi is now Ibo heritage

See ya life

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 7:39pm On Apr 02
Probz:

lol. I literally just made a point about Wikipedia and the fact that anyone can edit it at any time, which has clearly been the case here.

The current head of editing in Wikipedia is an ibo
lesbian woman in the same league like Uju Anjua

The Jews are putting them in high positions to do their cultural Marxism and useful idiot role like that witch Ngozi Iweaka

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 7:40pm On Apr 02
Probz:

The land that created the KKK, clearly. Most Africans who have never left Africa or have that kind of exposure or understanding don’t have the same way of looking at racism but come on. You can’t be dropping the n-word like that over soup.

Nigger.

Jews invented and dominated the trans Atlantic slave trade which your people suffered the brunt of

No difference between Akata and Yanri.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:48pm On Apr 02
Probz:

History will remain history
Whether Igbo people try to bend it to their culture or not.
Yoruba language will remain Yoruba
Wikipedia can never be wrong whether you like it or not.
Keep wishing it was edited but sorry to burst your bubbles, it wasn't edited.

Egusi is a Yoruba word, whether you like it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Mandate1: 8:09pm On Apr 02
funshint:

Yoruba egusi is bey! tongue
enjoy it alone ooo.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by PureNigerDeltan(m): 9:08pm On Apr 02
Slytiger:

😂😂😂

And Ebelechukwu Jonathan 😂😂😂

The other day, they said it was an Ibo man that discovered America and twisted America to sound Ibo.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 9:34pm On Apr 02
Armaggedon:
Inferiority complex pervades the entire fabrics of ethnic relations in Nigeria. Everyone knows Gbegiri and Ewedu are the two major soups of Yoruba origin. How Yorubas are unable to acknowledge Igbo cultural richness is funny.

Note, Yoruba people do not claim origin of Egusi soup. They either claim it's not an Igbo soup or claim it's name belong to them.

Note also that no other ethnic group claim origin of the soup except Igbo. What other ethnic groups claim is "we also cook it"

Igbos however have proven that the soup is just like other Igbo soups as all major ingredients of the soup is associated with them like the first poster noted.

Sharap.

Egusi came to you by way of the Igala .

You own nothing

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Dsimmer: 9:49pm On Apr 02
RevenuesBoost:

Funny thing is apart from the Yoruba cuisines which Igbo claimed after Ajayi Crowther introduced these cuisines to the Igbo, Igbo also claimed SS soups. Tbh, I wouldn't have even bothered over it if not for the fact that Igbo not only misappropriate the facts but also, are fond of insulting the owners over it while forgetting that Igbo claimed it from the owners. Then get surprised when several facts of the real owners get pulled out in their faces while they've got no fact to back up their claim.

Same way Igbo keep playing the victim while insulting others over the civil war whereas Igbo were the ones who caused it by by killing other regional leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by mariahAngel(f): 9:59pm On Apr 02
leathalbeast:
just saw the thread, the efo riro soup is the winner in my opinion, BTW the ogbono soup looks like light soup in Ghana.

Is Ghana light soup slimy?
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by DeepThroater: 10:11pm On Apr 02
Dsimmer:

Funny thing is apart from the Yoruba cuisines which Igbo claimed after Ajayi Crowther introduced these cuisines to the Igbo, Igbo also claimed some SS soups. Tbh, I wouldn't have even bothered over it if not for the fact that they not only misappropriate the facts but also, are fond of insulting the real owners over it while forgetting that they claimed it from the owners. Then get surprised when several facts of the real owners get pulled out in their faces while they've got no fact to back up their claim.

Same way they keep playing the victim while insulting others over the civil war whereas they were the ones who started it by by killing other regional leaders.

They are idiots and ingrates .

I sha blame Gowon.

He should have ended that SMO the minute the SS regions were liberated from those cannibals .

1 Like

Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by Probz(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02
RevenuesBoost:

“Wikipedia can never be wrong”

lol. Well, that’s one thing you definitely don’t say. Also, take a look at the edit page.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by SmartMen: 6:51am On Apr 03
benebaby77:

Unfortunately, Yoruba people own egusi soup.

Akwa Ibom/Calabar/Port Harcourt people own white soup and often eat it on special occasions.

Who is the author of what you just posted? Give the name.

The only soup Yoruba have is Ewedu and Gbegiri and we all know it’s the traditional soup.

They hardly prepare the so called Egusi is most cases, when they do, they must add stew to it.

Give the author of that book or source. I can wake tomorrow and post that the Yorubas were the first to speak English in Africa.

That’s how someone said Yorubas taught Igbos how To speak English and that A Yoruba man wrote Igbo Bible and when fact started coming out, they couldn’t defend what they started. How can a Yoruba man who does not speak Igbo teach Igbos

I need the name and source of what you posted.
Re: Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy by SmartMen: 6:53am On Apr 03
RevenuesBoost:

It is obvious you don’t know Jack and that you don’t know Wikipedia can be edited by anybody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

See The Food I Prepared In My Girlfriend's House. / A Dubai-Based Nigerian Lady Fried Eggs With Rays Of The Sun (Video) / Chef Dammy Has Completed Her 120-Hour Cook-A-Thon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.