Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn (14036 Views)

Dollar Supply Rises To $11 Billion, Naira Closes 1,572/$ / Naira Weakens At Official Market, Banks Sell $584m / Dangote Loses $2.5bn In One Month - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by SlavaUkraini: 9:15am On Apr 01
Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by zionstaar75: 9:18am On Apr 01
yahoodetector:
I thought it was N1200...or e don dey fall again? grin

If Tinubu can bring the naira below N700 where he met it after he came in...he will have my respect.

If he further brings it down to the N182 it was when Jonathan left, I would defend him anywhere with my life and become a die-hard Ronuite.

But guess what...HE CAN'T!! grin grin
keep crying and wailing on a Monday morning

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by xtimconsult(m): 9:20am On Apr 01
Idun2024:
Hehehe

Cannibals from a landlocked region of cannibalism are coming to wail again.

Everything about them is bí oò ba, o bùú lésè

Born traitors talking here... You are worst

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by amamahdaniel(m): 9:21am On Apr 01
Idun2024:
Hehehe

Is your father a fool?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by johnjose68: 9:22am On Apr 01
Islie:

https://punchng.com/naira-closes-1309-as-banks-sell-2-5bn/?amp

I wonder what Onwubuasi, the man that gets his ideas from mad men will be telling his gullible mumuwers cheesy

The guy always looks for negative news to feed them grin

When there is no much negative news, the lamba started visiting mosques and church as if he cares for them.

The guy dey prepare for his loss in 2027 grin grin
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by yahoodetector: 9:24am On Apr 01
zionstaar75:
keep crying and wailing on a Monday morning

I am not crying! I bought over 2k dollars when it was N1,400 plus and refused to sell when others were selling.

Instead, I kept it and now, I use it to buy some stuff from Amazon and Temu which after being shipped, I sell them at neck breaking prices way higher than what I bought which still looks cheap to most of my local clients.

The profits I make makes up for the cash I was looking up to if the dollar hits 2k plus so at the end of the day, it is a win-win situation for me. cool

Can't say same for you who is jobless and does nothing productive for a living other than to rant all day on Nairaland! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by edungene7: 9:25am On Apr 01
Let them keep deceiving themselves with all this fake narratives and statistics the naira will never be stable without a productive economy and constant power that would lead to production all this propaganda will soon backfire and the dollar would be flying back to were it came from

3 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by xtimconsult(m): 9:27am On Apr 01
Naira vs Dollars who is fighting who .

Wood (Naira) vs Gun (Dollars) which weapon kills fasting.

APC using dollar to fight dollar

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:36am On Apr 01
LET FUEL PRICE COME DOWN
LET FUEL PRICE COME DOWN
SO MANY PEOPLE USE THEIR SALARY TO PAY TRANSPORT FARE THEREBY SAVING NOTHING !!
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Donaldoni: 9:37am On Apr 01
@jmoore @femi

Cut your losses and sell your dollars now cheesy

Naira will stabilise at this rate until probably the resumption of the refineries.
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Donaldoni: 9:40am On Apr 01
edungene7:
Let them keep deceiving themselves with all this fake narratives and statistics the naira will never be stable without a productive economy and constant power would lead to production all this propaganda will soon backfire and the dollar would be flying back to were it came from

Shut up!

You negative wish will NEVER come to pass.

Naira will even appreciate further with the resumption of the refineries.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by bluefilm: 9:40am On Apr 01
yahoodetector:

If Tinubu can bring the naira below N700 where he met it after he came in...he will have my respect.

If he further brings it down to the N182 it was when Jonathan left, I would defend him anywhere with my life and become a die-hard Ronuite.

Even if he makes it 1$ = 40kobo, I will never become a Rønuite

Ronuites are so senseless

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by nairalanda1(m): 9:44am On Apr 01
Manufactured goods and servicies.
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by GeneralDae: 9:45am On Apr 01
yahoodetector:

1300 at official market. 1250 at parallel market.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Chikaazuonwu(m): 9:52am On Apr 01
Hey guys, get paid in your local currency by filling out this survey in less than a minute

https://www.nairaland.com/8048100/get-paid-feeling-local-survey
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Goodnewsforlife: 9:53am On Apr 01
socialmediaman:
I will commend Tinubu when he takes naira back to where he met it, and then appreciate it from there.

Naira has lost over 100% of its previous value since Tinubu took over office.

When Tinubu took over power from Buhari, naira was N460 = $1

Today, naira is at N1,300 = $1.

As a foreign investor, it means that if you invested $1 million USD in Nigeria, your investment is now worth $500,000 USD. If you borrowed that money from your US bank, you're in trouble!
u it is ehn

I pity anyone trying to satisfy u

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Basic123: 10:07am On Apr 01
yahoodetector:

You dont know the difference between PARALLEL RATE AND OFFICIAL RATE.

However,why not to 20 naira that PDP met it in 1999?

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Basic123: 10:08am On Apr 01
bluefilm:

Even if he makes it 1$ = 40kobo, I will never become a Rønuite

Ronuites are so senseless
Ronuites don't need zombified fools 😆(Oponus) ....they are not known to Labour in vein
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by clems88(m): 10:13am On Apr 01
ClearFlair:
There's suddenly 24/7 power supply
at where?? No dey Wyn person
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 10:16am On Apr 01
Idun2024:
Hehehe

Shameless

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by MT: 10:18am On Apr 01
yahoodetector:

If you go to the Mallam, you will get it for N 1250.

Mallams are creating a buffer against risk since naira keeps strengthening.

They don't want to buy today and run at a loss tomorrow.
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by oliverwrites: 10:19am On Apr 01
yahoodetector:

It is not a case of he can't, it is a case of you wish he doesn't even though you are trying to fool us by pretending you want a better Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by edungene7: 10:20am On Apr 01
Donaldoni:

Shut up!

You negative wish will NEVER come to pass.

Naira will even appreciate further with the resumption of the refineries.
Clown you think a productive economy is ran by propaganda and wishful thinking You and your fellow brain dead supporters will learn the hard way

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Richtaiwo: 10:32am On Apr 01
amamahdaniel:

Is your father a fool?
I'm not sure. But what I'm sure of is that yours is. Your outburst just confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Free2Fly: 10:45am On Apr 01
Idun2024:
Hehehe

Another frustrated and bigoted buffoon from the 'waste'land, the land of skull miners and ritualists

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by dododawa1: 11:07am On Apr 01
Tinubu working
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by DestinyNigga: 11:08am On Apr 01
Idun2024:
Hehehe

I don't want anybody to say Ebi pa wa again 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Donaldoni: 11:12am On Apr 01
edungene7:
Clown you think a productive economy is ran by propaganda and wishful thinking You and your fellow brain dead supporters will learn the hard way

Don't worry we shall know who is braindead when the refineries commence production.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Wannabenz: 12:48pm On Apr 01
Please what's B TC exchange rate?
Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Bwilliam(m): 12:52pm On Apr 01
Idun2024:
Hehehe

How does this news connect with those from "landlocked region", and why are you quick to drag them into it.

Mark my words, you will live long enough to see those people surpass you in every measure available.

1 Like

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by Alexis11: 1:16pm On Apr 01
yahoodetector:

If Tinubu bring dollar down to #1 you will still hate because your hate is ethnically motivated and that is why you want that fraudster from your region in place of him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Closes 1,309/$ As Banks Sell $2.5bn by koning: 1:16pm On Apr 01
Falling dollar rate will not make the prices of foodstuffs come down. wetin concern tomato, fish and pepper seller with dollar.

To bring the prices of foodstuffs down the FG must crash the price of FUEL and DIESEL.

Transportation costs must be reduced drastically. And cement should revert to less than 4k a bag.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Twitter From Nigeria / Affiliate Marketing! Please Don't Invest On This Nigerian Platform / Deadline For Bank Accounts Without BVN Elapses Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.