Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? (2982 Views)

Celebration As Geometric Aba IPP Turns On 3rd Turbine / Photo: Osinbajo Commissions Transcorp Afam III Fast Power 240MW Turbines / Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by chnnmfl(m): 7:25pm On Apr 01
toneroforever:

Please stop misinforming people who would like to know the true status of power supply in Aba.
There has been an improvement in some areas since the commissioning but a whole lot of places haven't experienced much changes as well.

While Geometric Power has the capacity to supply electricity 24/7 due to the 4 gas turbines,it must be noted that it will still take a while because everywhere isn't metered yet and more transformers need to be distributed too.
Also there's the issue of inadequate gas supply which is affecting all Gencos in the country.

So the fact that the power plant has been commissioned does not automatically translate to instant 24/7 power supply in Aba yet.
Geometric Power is an integrated power company. The generation of the power needs of Aba has been made possible by the installation of the gas turbines, they are now working on evacuation of the power generated and distribution to meet the residential, commercial and industrial needs.

Do you have comprehension problems?

Did you read my initial post?

What do you mean by saying that I'm misinforming people?

I said on quote "We have been enjoying 24hrs electricity in my area in Aba since Saturday evening"
I said in "my area" not the whole of Aba. I can only report where I am right now not elsewhere.

In my area in Aba we have been enjoying over 22hrs since Saturday evening which is unusual. If they take it, in few minutes they will bring it back immediately.

Read and comprehend before rushing to reply.

2 Likes

Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by castrogee(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01
chnnmfl:
We have been enjoying 24hrs electricity in my area in Aba since Saturday evening. E be like say the IPP in Aba has starting running in full capacity.

I come dey feel for generator repairers and sellers in Aba. They should start planning to switch to other businesses or move to other cities.

Bro, please can I ask you, did they install their meter at house or you're still with NEPa meter?
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by chnnmfl(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01
castrogee:

Bro, please can I ask you, did they install their meter at house or you're still win NEPa?
There is no mass installation of meter. Some houses have prepaid meter while some don't.
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by Panda7(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01
EmperorCaesar:
Reach out to your people In Lagos to relocate home

I go show Mama Ada and Papa Chibuzor this thread make dem con dey consider Aba

do you get this big mouth on the streets of lagos or you are just an internet troll?
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by yarimo(m): 8:33pm On Apr 01
Justnation:

Mr man respect yourself, and Carry your frustrations to somewhere else.

Otti is the man, labour party is the answer

Since 1999 to 2023 Abia state has been in the hands of undertakers only God did not allow them to cover the grave, otherwise Abia state would have been buried long ago.

We thank God for His goodness and mercy in giving us labour party, Otti and PETER OBI.
But why didn't you mention abure grin grin
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 01
shortgun:
When the people's vote count leaders become accountable. This is how constant electricity would have been replicated in every part of the country if not for the peoples mandate that was stolen at the federal level
GP started construction 10 years ago. Has nothing to do with otti
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by lastkingsman: 8:46am On Apr 02
ednut1:
GP started construction 10 years ago. Has nothing to do with otti

Who helped in restructuring the loan borrowed to build that plant?

Alex Otti while he was in banking (former CEO of Diamond bank).

So what do you mean by "has nothing to do with Otti"? Lol grin
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by ednut1(m): 9:03am On Apr 02
lastkingsman:

Who helped in restructuring the loan borrowed to build that plant?

Alex Otti while he was in banking (former CEO of Diamond bank).

So what do you mean by "has nothing to do with Otti"? Lol grin
I’m talking about as a Governor, Diamond bank is not the only bank that financed the project. Same diamond bank that later crashed due to excessive non performing loans . The guy is obviously working but una dey over hype.
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by stacyadams: 9:16am On Apr 02
toneroforever:

Please stop misinforming people who would like to know the true status of power supply in Aba.
There has been an improvement in some areas since the commissioning but a whole lot of places haven't experienced much changes as well.

While Geometric Power has the capacity to supply electricity 24/7 due to the 4 gas turbines,it must be noted that it will still take a while because everywhere isn't metered yet and more transformers need to be distributed too.
Also there's the issue of inadequate gas supply which is affecting all Gencos in the country.

So the fact that the power plant has been commissioned does not automatically translate to instant 24/7 power supply in Aba yet.
Geometric Power is an integrated power company. The generation of the power needs of Aba has been made possible by the installation of the gas turbines, they are now working on evacuation of the power generated and distribution to meet the residential, commercial and industrial needs.

Abeg how I fit get their geometric meter?
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by toneroforever(m): 11:50am On Apr 02
stacyadams:

Abeg how I fit get their geometric meter?

They are the ones distributing it.
Re: 24hrs Power: Is Like Geometric Aba Has Switched On Their Four Turbines? by toneroforever(m): 12:01pm On Apr 02
chnnmfl:

Do you have comprehension problems?

Did you read my initial post?

What do you mean by saying that I'm misinforming people?

I said on quote "We have been enjoying 24hrs electricity in my area in Aba since Saturday evening"
I said in "my area" not the whole of Aba. I can only report where I am right now not elsewhere.

In my area in Aba we have been enjoying over 22hrs since Saturday evening which is unusual. If they take it, in few minutes they will bring it back immediately.

Read and comprehend before rushing to reply.

Sorry sir. I didn't mean to upset you, neither do I mean misrepresent your point.
Yes there's been a marked improvement in power supply in some areas which perhaps, yours is inclusive.

Just that a lot of times I have seen people say that there's a 24 hour steady supply of electricity in every part of Aba already and we know it's not true.
The capacity to generate the electricity demand of Aba has been made possible by the commissioning.
Until Geometric Power puts everything in place that will ensure efficient distribution, regular power won't be realized.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Laid The Foundation For Buhari's Failures - Seun Osewa / Nigerians Celebrate Emeritus Prof. Taiwo At 100! / Nigerdock Restaurants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.