Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] (764 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by HazardAwka(m): 2:22pm On Apr 01
First, there can only be one God. One entity equalling one God. Jesus is a creation of God. Jesus is more like a special creation of God. Matthew 3 : 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.

2. Jesus should be best described as a spirit. He took flesh and dwelled amongst us. And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew26: 39
Jesus was a little frightened for his fate which he agreed to before coming down to earth.

3. Satan being Lucifer is likely older than Jesus. Reason why Satan had the guts to tempt him. You think Satan can tempt God? Matthew 4 : 8 -11 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended to him.

You think Satan will offer God, kingdoms for him and ask God to bow down and worship him?
Jesus is the son of God, that's it. Like I said, Lucifer likely came before Jesus. Jesus was crowned by God, his father. Philippians 2 : 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name

4. Jesus is a mediator. 1 Timothy 2 vs 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus
Imagine someone that says a few word and the world came into existence. He punished Sodom, punished Adam and man for their sins and you think he will make himself human to come and die and be mocked by his creation.
Enough said!!!

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:57pm On Apr 01
Are you a Christian?
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by HazardAwka(m): 3:10pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:
Are you a Christian?
Yes
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:27pm On Apr 01
HazardAwka:
Yes
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well i'm also one of Christ's disciples and i know that he is not the Almighty God because David was inspired to say:

The LORD (JEHOVAH) said to my Lord (Jesus) "sit at my right hand until i make your enemies a stool for your feet" Psalms 110:1
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Verbtips(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:
Are you a Christian?
he is right bro jehova is different from jesus
jesus also aknowledge GOD AS HIS FATHER
ALL HAS BEEN SAID,BUT IF YOU ALSO REMEMBER JESUS SAID IF YOU DENY ME B4 MEN I WILL ALSO DENY SO IN FRONT OF MY FATHER
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01
Verbtips:
ALL HAS BEEN SAID,BUT IF YOU ALSO REMEMBER JESUS SAID IF YOU DENY ME B4 MEN I WILL ALSO DENY SO IN FRONT OF MY FATHER

If TRINITARIANS catch you hen! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MrPRevailer(m): 5:55pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well i'm also one of Christ's disciples and i know that he is not the Almighty God because David was inspired to say:

The LORD (JEHOVAH) said to my Lord (Jesus) "sit at my right hand until i make your enemies a stool for your feet" Psalms 110:1

So who is Jesus?
He was just a human being and great prophet?
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MrPRevailer(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01
Verbtips:

What does this mean to you?

John 16:27-28.

Jesus said to his disciples: "I came forth from the Father. Neither came I by myself but he sent me.".

John 1:14 "The Word was with God and the Word was God. All thiings were made by him. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among men."
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MrPRevailer(m): 5:59pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:

If TRINITARIANS catch you hen! cheesy

We humans are Trinity-beings.

Body, Soul and Spirit.

And we are supposed to rule over our Spirit and body. Proverbs 25:28, proverbs 16:32, 1 Corinthians 9:27
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MrPRevailer(m): 6:17pm On Apr 01
HazardAwka:
Imagine someone that says a few word and the world came into existence. He punished Sodom, punished Adam and man for their sins and you think he will make himself human to come and die and be mocked by his creation.
Enough said!!!

That you quote the bible doesn't mean you know it. He came to pay the price of sin which is eternal death.

Isaiah 9:6 states, "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." This verse foretells the coming of the Messiah, who will be responsible for leading the people and will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace."

1 Corinthians 2:8 "Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."

Philippians 2:6 "Who being in the form of God thought it not robbery to be equal with God but made himself of no reputation. And took upon himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.".
{Isaiah 51, Isaiah 51, Isaiah 51}

Revelation 5:5,12 "Saying worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches and wisdom and strength and honour and glory and blessing............"
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38pm On Apr 01
MrPRevailer:

So who is Jesus?
He was just a human being and great prophet?

I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Deuteronomy 18:18

Now read what Apostle Peter has to say about the PROPHET God promised through Moses! Act 3:22
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:39pm On Apr 01
MrPRevailer:

We humans are Trinity-beings.
Body, Soul and Spirit.
And we are supposed to rule over our Spirit and body. Proverbs 25:28, proverbs 16:32, 1 Corinthians 9:27

This is your own conclusion but i have mine!
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Verbtips(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01
MrPRevailer:

What does this mean to you?

John 16:27-28.

Jesus said to his disciples: "I came forth from the Father. Neither came I by myself but he sent me.".

John 1:14 "The Word was with God and the Word was God. All thiings were made by him. The Word was made flesh and dwelt among men."
well quoted

1 Like

Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Verbtips(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:

i wonder why some bible write GOD NAME WITH CAPITAL LETTER LORD
AND JESUS
Small letter lord
instead of jehova and jesus
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Veecruz: 6:57pm On Apr 01
HazardAwka:
First, there can only be one God. One entity equalling one God. Jesus is a creation of God. Jesus is more like a special creation of God. Matthew 3 : 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.

If you agree that He is God's Son then you should remember that it was also Written that all things in heaven and earth were given to Him!

To do what with them?
That is where you see Proverbs 8:22-36 shows you that He is our God! Emphasis is on "Our God"

Which is why Genesis referred to Him as The Lord God!

Which is why He also Said "keep my Commandments"!

And it is still the same Jesus Christ Who is called The Lord which no other person was called so either before Him or after Him.

So these are the reasons why it is Right to call Him, God for He is "Our God"

And this apart from the fact that A Son of God, is still a God like A king' Son is still A king'!
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Veecruz: 7:00pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, well i'm also one of Christ's disciples and i know that he is not the Almighty God because David was inspired to say:...]

No you are not! You are a devil, attached to the devil's church called Jw.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:15pm On Apr 01
Verbtips:
i wonder why some bible write GOD NAME WITH CAPITAL LETTER LORD
AND JESUS
Small letter lord
instead of jehova and jesus

Please read the preface of each Bible before you read it you will know why! smiley
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01
Veecruz:

Shame on you as you cut off the Bible verse! cheesy
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Verbtips(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:

Please read the preface of each Bible before you read it you will know why! smiley
i to read it but the reason seems meaningless to me so i
used new translation
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:51pm On Apr 01
God is a general name. Which God are you referring to ?. Even Satan is called god of this world. We humans are also god. A man is god to his wife. If man and satan can be call gods ,what stopped the only son of God from being God ?

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:54pm On Apr 01
Verbtips:

i to read it but the reason seems meaningless to me so i
used new translation

OK let me tell you.

Centuries before the birth of Jesus Judaists began avoiding the mention of God's personal name because they misconstrued the law that says:

“You must not take up the name of JEHOVAH your God in a worthless way, for JEHOVAH will not leave unpunished the one who takes up His name in a worthless way. Exodus 20:7

So instead of calling God's name "JEHOVAH" they used the title "ADONAI" which means LORD but when Jesus walked the earth he refused to bow to such useless tradition since God wanted His name to be known globally {Psalms 83:18} Jesus used God's personal name without the fear of what Judaists thinks {John 17:6, 26} because that is what Moses foretold about Jesus! Deuteronomy 18:18-19

So instead of writing God's name the Jews began abbreviating it using only the consonants YHWH which no one could pronounce after Jesus they began attacking his disciples from town to town wanting to destroy Jesus' legacy! Act 4:18; 5:28

That's how the pronunciation of God's personal name got lost up till today that's why most Bible translators followed the Jewish tradition of rendering God's personal name with the title LORD using upper case.

Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Verbtips(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:

OK let me tell you,
GOD NAME APPEAR MORE THAN 7000 TIMES IN THE BIBLE,GOD IS TRYING TO MAKE US KNOW HIS NAME,I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT,BUT IT STILL SOUND USELESS.
BECUS BIBLE WAS WRITTEN WITH BY GOD'S SPIRIT (HOLY SPIRIT)USING SOME PEOPLE I.E MOSES.JOHN
THE QUOTE YOU SAID
THOU SHALL NOT CALL THE NAME OF YOU GOD IN VAIN
MEANS DIFFERENT THING WITH THEIR INTERPRETATION
SO DO YOU AGREE WITH THEM
WHEN THE BIBLE SAY NOTHING SHOULD BE DEDUCT OR ADD
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Janosky: 10:00pm On Apr 01
MaxInDHouse:

cheesy grin grin
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Janosky: 10:25pm On Apr 01
Veecruz:

If you agree that He is God's Son then you should remember that it was also Written that all things in heaven and earth were given to Him!

All things were given to Him by Himself?
Or :
All things were given to him by another being called "my God" @ Matthew 27:46?

Veecruz:

To do what with them?
That is where you see Proverbs 8:22-36 shows you that He is our God! Emphasis is on "Our God"
Did your own Bible said so at Proverbs 8:22-36?
Which verse & chapter said that?
Bring it here let everyone see it.

Veecruz:

Which is why Genesis referred to Him as The Lord God!

Your claim is not found anywhere in your own Bible.

That is the reason you don't reference nor quote any verse.
Because your LYING would be found out.

grin
Veecruz:

Which is why He also Said "keep my Commandments"!
Because your own Bible (Acts 2:42) called the gospel "the teaching of the apostles" mean they originated the gospel?
Veecruz:

And it is still the same Jesus Christ Who is called The Lord which no other person was called so either before Him or after Him.
@ 1 Corinthians 8:6, did Paul the apostle teach you that?

Veecruz:

So these are the reasons why it is Right to call Him, God for He is "Our God"

And this apart from the fact that A Son of God, is still a God like A king' Son is still A king'!

Matthew 27:46 was your God crying to himself: "my God my God why have you forsaken me?"

How many beings did Jesus reference in Matthew 27:46?

Either you LIED or Jesus did. grin
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Janosky: 10:32pm On Apr 01
Kenneth4u205:
God is a general name. Which God are you referring to ?. Even Satan is called god of this world. We humans are also god. A man is god to his wife. If man and satan can be call gods ,what stopped the only son of God from being God ?
Only one Supreme being, the Almighty is called God with capital 'G'. (Check Acts 12:22-23 & see for yourself).

Psalm 82:6 did Yahweh call his sons gods?
@ John 10:33-36? Did Jesus Christ agree with Psalm 82:6?

John 10:33, correct rendition is "a god".
(This evidence is everywhere except the translations doctored by Trinitarians).

Trinitarians capitalized it to big letter G'.
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Ken4Christ: 10:55pm On Apr 01
HazardAwka:

2. Jesus should be best described as a spirit. He took flesh and dwelled amongst us. And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” Matthew26: 39
Jesus was a little frightened for his fate which he agreed to before coming down to earth.

3. Satan being Lucifer is likely older than Jesus. Reason why Satan had the guts to tempt him. You think Satan can tempt God? Matthew 4 : 8 -11 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended to him.

You think Satan will offer God, kingdoms for him and ask God to bow down and worship him?
Jesus is the son of God, that's it. Like I said, Lucifer likely came before Jesus. Jesus was crowned by God, his father. Philippians 2 : 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name

4. Jesus is a mediator. 1 Timothy 2 vs 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus
Enough said!!!

You are a spiritual 419. You use scriptures that appears to support your opinion while ignoring many that says otherwise.

Are you a lesser man to your earthly father who gave birth to you? Your father is a man and you too is a man

Jesus being the Son of God means he has the very nature and essence of God. He is God in human flesh.

He only submit to his Father as a Son. But he is deity. He was not created. Rather God created the world through him.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. He is also referred to as the Spirit of Christ.

Is the Holy Spirit a lesser God? Certainly not. And Jesus was the one who sent the Holy Spirit down earth. If Jesus is not deity, he will not have the authority to send down the Holy Spirit.

The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are one. Though they exist separately, they always work together. Jesus said that whatsoever he sees the Father doing, that is what he does.

I will give you scriptures tomorrow to back up my claims.
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Veecruz: 11:41pm On Apr 01
Janosky:

[b]All things were given to Him by Himself?...

What else are "all things in heaven and in earth were given Him" mean?

You are just here to play out your jw madness else you would have seen I said if you Agree that He is God's Son!

1 Like

Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Janosky: 12:11am On Apr 02
Veecruz:

What else are "all things in heaven and in earth were given Him" mean?

You are just here to play out your jw madness else you would have seen I said if you Agree that He is God's Son!
According to Veecruz
"Which is why Genesis referred to Him as The Lord God!"

Veecruz believes that all things in heaven and in earth were given Him, the Lord God in Genesis"

Madam Veecruz,
@John 17:7, Jesus said, you either get the meaning or stick to your delusion.
grin
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Veecruz: 12:12am On Apr 02
MaxInDHouse:

Shame does not listen to devils. grin
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Veecruz: 12:14am On Apr 02
Janosky:

According to Veecruz
"Which is why Genesis referred to Him as The Lord God!"

Veecruz believes that all things in heaven and in earth were given Him, the Lord God in Genesis"

Madam Veecruz,
@John 17:7, Jesus said, you either get the meaning or stick to your delusion.
grin

In the end, you said Absolutely No Thing.
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Janosky: 12:15am On Apr 02
Veecruz:

You are spewing gibberish.
Did Jesus worship your Trinity delusion?
Re: Proof That Jesus Is Not God [bible Verses] by Veecruz: 12:18am On Apr 02
Janosky:

You are spewing gibberish.
Did Jesus worship your Trinity delusion?

Now, it's a new argument since you said no thing the last time. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christ Embassy / Jesus Has Done It Again: / The Joy Of A Saved Soul.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.