Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema (48025 Views)

2023: I Can't Be Second Class Citizen In My Own Country - Gov. Wike Blows Hot / Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by AareGaa: 8:07pm On Apr 01
Jlow2:
After lifting hundreds of nigerians free of charge uncountable times to save the nation from Shame , yet that’s how you re paid back, Nigeria is not designed for the upright and good people to prosper, very unfortunate place and country.

Amnesty money was stolen to set up Air peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by Bintasukai: 8:07pm On Apr 01
seunmsg:

So, what he couldn’t get in the last 7 years, the Tinubu administration has given him in barely 10 months. And guess those who folks like you are attacking, Tinubu and Yoruba people.

If Tinubu is to behave exactly like you ungrateful and hate filled obidients, Air Peace won’t be anywhere near UK. But he’s a nationalist and the father of the nation who is eager to support every business of Nigerian origin irrespective of the ethnicity of the owner.

For a lot of us from the SW, we don’t give a fvck about others. Do your thing peacefully and don’t try to block our way. Support your candidate in peace and let’s support our candidate in peace. Don’t interfere in our local politics especially Lagos and we won’t have problem with you.

Refusal of folks like you to do the above is what is causing the pushback. If you like wear Dibia cloth to run your business, if you offer value at good price, we shall patronize you. Nothing concern us with your attire.

All this one you are saying is story, if it does not match the victimization theory, forget it. And if the story is not that he achieved it himself or with the help of other Igbos then forget it again.

The spiel is, igbos are better than all of us, to the point where they should look down on us because we are not of their descent, if you as a Yoruba or Hausa don’t agree then you are “clearly” tribalistic. Because since it is so obvious for them to see, they wonder why you can’t see it too. Same reason they still think Obi won the election, because they voted for him, which is all that matters. Forgetting that other people voted for the current president.

And when other tribes inevitably win, against their beliefs. The victimization spiel becomes useful.

Meanwhile, the truth is that, because they think they are smarter or better, they either try sharp moves or condescend to everyone around them. That then initiates those around to retaliate or start to guard against them. Then they start crying victimization when they lose out.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by ultimateprof: 8:08pm On Apr 01
That was how government killed IBETO and they kept on promoting Dangote.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by Ezini(f): 8:09pm On Apr 01
LegendHero:

So who now un-denied him now?

Abi who is the FG now that helped him this time around?
It’s obviously President Tinubu

5 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by harmonyglobal: 8:09pm On Apr 01
Putindbutt:
You want to obtain TCO and bypassing relevant agencies in your country and you think that's possible?. abeg try dey use your brain.
U really made the point
How can u ignore your own country's agencies and catapult yourself to get a permit from Europe

5 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by abysirius(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01
No, they won't tell you that..Igbo this, Igbo that..Awon ashiere!
LegendHero:

So who now un-denied him now?

Abi who is the FG now that helped him this time around?

4 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by davodyguy: 8:12pm On Apr 01
Slytiger:

Victim mentality as usual..You guys are the biggest benefactor of one Nigeria. Your people are literally everywhere all over the country doing business.

That's the issue I have with them.
Ladipo
Oyingbo
Alaba
Computer Village

If Lagosian are hostile, they would not be here. Sane way they're thriving in Kano.

In Lagos, streets are named after them.

But in the SE how many Hausa or Yoruba billionaires are doing business there?

How welcoming are the SE people compared to how other tribes welcomed them?
.is Air peace not flying to London from Lagos?
Why not from his Village?

One Nigeria favours the Igbo more than any other tribe, that's why they can't leave Lagos. Even Alex Oti lives in Lagos, same as Peter Ibi, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Cletus Ibeto, Cosmas Maduka, Erisco etc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by davodyguy: 8:14pm On Apr 01
ultimateprof:
That was how government killed IBETO and they kept on promoting Dangote.
Do you think Air Peace would get the TCO if he's not backed by the Ministry headed by Festus Keyamo?

Who appointed Festus if not President of Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by davodyguy: 8:15pm On Apr 01
AareGaa:

Amnesty money was stolen to set up Air peace.
He still has a case in USA till date. He can't near USA, else he would be arrested

5 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by BigkokoRep: 8:16pm On Apr 01
Allow Igbos to have a country of their own.... should be the word. People wey dey sabotage you yesterday, will not turn a new leaf over night!

Every one should go their separate way!!! We will gladly dash them clowns like Gov solution and the bleaching cream govnor of Imo State plus chief Iberibe one of Imo... plus others.

waternogetememy:

ABA GEOMETRIC POWER IS READY, IT IS THE GAS IN OUR LAND IN ABUNDANCE, THEY ARE NOW USING TO DELAY IT, BECAUSE AUTHORISATION MUST COME FROM ABUJA.

THEY KEEP WASTING THEIR TIME, WHO GOD HAS BLESS, NO MAN CAN CURSE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7kr8T-d7mI

1 Like

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by LagosG: 8:17pm On Apr 01
waternogetememy:

YES GO AND LOOK AT THE PRICE OF DOLLARS 7 YEARS AGO, JUST 2 YEARS AFTER GEJ AND THE PRICE NOW AFTER BUHARI.

TINUBU GOT NO CHOICE.

HE IS PROBABLY THE LAST PERSON THAT WANTED TO DO THAT.

WE KNOW AND UNDERSTAND OURSELVES IN THIS COUNTRY.

You definitely sound unintelligent
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by banku: 8:17pm On Apr 01
Listen to Biafrans, you will think they had never ruled this country before by coalition with the North, under Jonathan or by military force.

But they do have the right to complain which has always got them more across Nigeria and leadership position in the Southern states or region.

Tinubu just got Allen Onyeama what he sought for 7 years, yet they complain, haba!

Yoruba complain during Jonathan reign to but got them nothing!

6 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by Ezini(f): 8:17pm On Apr 01
adamusuleiman1:

Ibos don't even fly to the UK that much. Their favourite destination is far east Asia.

Just asking when will air peace commence operation in the far east asia
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by Omalicious1: 8:18pm On Apr 01
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by BigkokoRep: 8:19pm On Apr 01
Did anyone stop you from going to be a billionaire in SE? Abi you no wan be billionaire too? Have you gone to rent shop and they rent out to you? Can you pay for a standard rent in any Igbo commercial city?

One Nigeria favor Igbos is because there's nothing you guys can do about it, because that area is hard to control: the informal hustling area!

davodyguy:

That's the issue I have with them.
Ladipo
Oyingbo
Alaba
Computer Village

If Lagosian are hostile, they would not be here. Sane way they're thriving in Kano.

In Lagos, streets are named after them.

But in the SE how many Hausa or Yoruba billionaires are doing business there?

How welcoming are the SE people compared to how other tribes welcomed them?
.is Air peace not flying to London from Lagos?
Why not from his Village?

One Nigeria favours the Igbo more than any other tribe, that's why they can't leave Lagos. Even Alex Oti lives in Lagos, same as Peter Ibi, Jim Ovia, Tony Elumelu, Cletus Ibeto, Cosmas Maduka, Erisco etc
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by VULCAN(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01
You sound like a joker.

Do you think you understand Nigeria more than him?

Really?

He is a consummate player of the game.

His operating level is far beyond yours that's why you don't even appreciate that he is telling this story 7 yrs after the fact while a rabble rouser like Nnamdi Kanu would have started shouting from Day 1 that the Zoo doesn't want to support his efforts.

Allen is a Premiership striker, he is playing the long game and winning

mrvitalis:
Lol same Nigeria refused to give him land to build plan maintainace hub in Enugu ... Now they are faking smiles like they are happy

Yet Allen is still doing one Nigeria

I have done one Nigeria here on nairaland... Was one of the biggest advocates

But truth is... As long as you are an Igbo man in Nigeria they would never give you a level playing ground ... The sooner igbos like Allen understand this the better

2 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by seunmsg(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01
BitterTruth01:

What exactly do you mean by don’t interfere in local politics

This is the same xenophobic nonsense that onanuga and alake were spouting during the election elections

Are you suggesting that igbos living in the southwest should only vote for presidency and stay out of governorship , state assembly and local government elections ?
Are you suggesting that it is unconstitutional for non-yoruba to contest or vote in those local elections ?

Let’s hear your explanation on this

Yes to the part in bold.

4 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by babajero(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/01/my-own-country-denied-us-allen-onyema/
Buhari came specifically to destroy Nigeria and its economy to benefit fulani.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by Winning123: 8:20pm On Apr 01
mrvitalis:

They did that to him because he was Igbo that's the simple truth

Victim mentality! Very common with you people. How many Hausas, Yorubas, Efiks, Fulanis Ijaws cry like Igbos. They swear for una.

4 Likes

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by BreconHills(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01
waternogetememy:

U THINK THEY WANTED TO GIVE HIM?

DEM NO GET CHOICE.

NAIRA FOR REACH 4000 TO 1 DOLLARS.

JUST KEEP HANDING UK,USA EUROPE, 7OOODOLLARS TO FLY INSTEAD OF 2000DOLLARS

You need to know when to stop boasting. Your boasts alienate people and stops you building valuable bridges.

The founder showed resolve and determination that was finally rewarded. But it is untrue to think that this administration did not help him agree and then implement the BASA. This simplistic igbo vs yoruba war only plays out on the streets and not in the corporate boardrooms.

Know when to stop and when to acknowledge others

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by Jamie1000: 8:21pm On Apr 01
Because of the selfish politicians from the two zones that have milked the country dry since independence 🙄
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by broadman20: 8:24pm On Apr 01
Putindbutt:
You want to obtain TCO and bypassing relevant agencies in your country and you think that's possible?. abeg try dey use your brain.

You speak like somebody from Kwara state? My guess may be right.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by BigkokoRep: 8:24pm On Apr 01
Is it not shameful that a selected few individuals in Govt sabotage their own fellow compatriot in business, such that it's now worth praising Asiwaju for what should ordinarily should be approved by a permanent secretary?

Chaiii. It's really hard to repair Nigeria with these kind of mindset. Nothing dey shame Nigerians again!

seunmsg:

So, what he couldn’t get in the last 7 years, the Tinubu administration has given him in barely 10 months. And guess those who folks like you are attacking, Tinubu and Yoruba people.

If Tinubu is to behave exactly like you ungrateful and hate filled obidients, Air Peace won’t be anywhere near UK. But he’s a nationalist and the father of the nation who is eager to support every business of Nigerian origin irrespective of the ethnicity of the owner.

For a lot of us from the SW, we don’t give a fvck about others. Do your thing peacefully and don’t try to block our way. Support your candidate in peace and let’s support our candidate in peace. Don’t interfere in our local politics especially Lagos and we won’t have problem with you.

Refusal of folks like you to do the above is what is causing the pushback. If you like wear Dibia cloth to run your business, if you offer value at good price, we shall patronize you. Nothing concern us with your attire.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by davodyguy: 8:25pm On Apr 01
BigkokoRep:
Did anyone stop you from going to be a billionaire in SE? Abi you no wan be billionaire too? Have you gone to rent shop and they rent out to you? Can you pay for a standard rent in any Igbo commercial city?

One Nigeria favor Igbos is because there's nothing you guys can do about it, because that area is hard to control: the informal hustling area!

I can't invest where one idiot will tell me not to open my business on a certain day weekly, then beat me up if I disobeyed.

Are properties in Igbo land more expensive than those in Lagos and Abuja? The answer is no

The richest real estate assets in the entire West Africa are in Lagos. Banana Island, Parkview, Old Ikoyi, Eko Atlantic, Ikeja GRA. All the GRA in the SE doesn't come close.

Are people buying in Lagos? Yes. It means they can afford to buy in the SE, which is less expensive.

But they prefer where no one will threaten them or kill them

All rich Igbo stay in Lagos, including P Square. The houses they have in Lagos, they don't have such class in SE.

Even the blogger, built her house in Lagos not in the SE.

You'll build where you feel safe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by occfx: 8:28pm On Apr 01
dre11:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/01/my-own-country-denied-us-allen-onyema/

Nigeria is definitely not your country. I now see the reason for the isiagu dressing recently. E don dey clear small small... MNK was right any way. Serve the zoo and end up in disgrace.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by mrvitalis(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01
Winning123:

Victim mentality! Very common with you people. How many Hausas, Yorubas, Efiks, Fulanis Ijaws cry like Igbos. They swear for una.
If they face half of what Igbos face they would have scattered Nigeria

How u guys look at Igbos, as daring, competitive and successful as we are and say we have victim mentality shows you don't even know what it means
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by BigkokoRep: 8:29pm On Apr 01
And I think the yullobas should stay clear from all the Oil & gas installations in SE, they're welcomed to what's found in other regions since una mumu don grown dada!!!!

Tufiakwaaaa.....una shame dey shame me. Yet, na them still be unity beggars. If the Igbos have Biafra, they can't even vote for councilor in yulloba land. Infact, you guys can make a law that says Igbos must sit at home on days of elections, yet 🤡 Clowns with IQ lower than that of a domestic donkey would never like to hear about separation. Them really sworn for una!

seunmsg:

Yes to the part in bold.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by occfx: 8:30pm On Apr 01
SoNature:
Nigeria is a terrible country where you must be as dirty as those that run it before you make it big. Corrupt people feed from making sure this country doesn't work.

The day someone like myself gets the opportunity to govern, I'll suspend the law and deal with many evil people, irrespective of their tribes and religion. Nothing will happen!

Hoping that this Moses shows up one day and eliminate all the bad elements with impunity.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by MrGerald(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01
Slytiger:

Victim mentality as usual..You guys are the biggest benefactor of one Nigeria. Your people are literally everywhere all over the country doing business.

Talking rubbish as usual, and so fvcking what?
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by worksmart(m): 8:31pm On Apr 01
I am Igbo and frankly you people claiming to be Igbo on NL complain and wail too much and real Igbo people do not complain and live in victimhood mindset.
Igbos need to start taking accountability for our condition and any disadvantage the online wailers perceive that we are in.
It is well known that a persons present condition is almost invariably a result of their own past actions and / or inaction. So instead of all the complaining and wailing online, let us retrace our steps and find where we went wrong.
mrvitalis:
Lol same Nigeria refused to give him land to build plan maintainace hub in Enugu ... Now they are faking smiles like they are happy

Yet Allen is still doing one Nigeria

I have done one Nigeria here on nairaland... Was one of the biggest advocates

But truth is... As long as you are an Igbo man in Nigeria they would never give you a level playing ground ... The sooner igbos like Allen understand this the better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by okoroemeka(m): 8:31pm On Apr 01
Fighttillvictory:

olodo can you name just three of those legal agencies he by passed or was suppose to go through
there is no agency blocking the way it is just corruption that caused the bureaucratic bottle neck,I will not be surprised if the aviation minister requested a homongous bribe which they refused to pay,'and it is a shame for an insightful and informative topic like this to desend into tribal fistcuffs ,are we not better than this?should every discourse be a competition between tribes it is then not difficult to see that the very foundations of the country is built on shaky grounds of tribalism and ethnic bigotry.
Re: My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema by landon(m): 8:32pm On Apr 01
He had a few corruption cases in the USA and Canada then oo
mrvitalis:

They did that to him because he was Igbo that's the simple truth

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot / Sambo, First Lady’s Offices Shut As Ministers Shun Aso Rock / US Reacts To Plateau Killings, Reveals What They Will Do With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.