Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market (18030 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Treadway: 11:28am On Apr 02
Mele Kyari, March 31 has yet again passed, na April 2 we dey.

Freestuffsng, paraman, Sukkot, abeg call Kyari ask am say how far port Harcourt refinery na. Na the third deadline wey elapse be this oo. I wan sell this my dollar stash. Ask about Dangote refinery too abeg
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by nawaforyouo: 11:29am On Apr 02
MT:

It is 1180 in the SW

Really, chai omo see opportunity to buy o embarassed

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by OvertheTop(m): 11:30am On Apr 02
OfoIgbo:

At the moment, we are even praying for the exchange rate to come down to Buhari's unimpressive level of 800 to 1 dollar

it was 750 before the Swearing in

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by motionarena: 11:30am On Apr 02
justmondris:

It will not reflect on the price of goods instantly because alot of businesses still have goods that were purchased at the former rate in their warehouse. It will take several months for it to have a positive impact on the prices of good and services. The greed of our business owners will also delay this impact

Stop saying that crap
The period the naira was depreciating at an alarming rate was just a 2 to 3 weeks period b4 Federal Government stepped in.

Its over a month plus the naira has appreciated Now all businesses are claiming they have stocked millions of Goods at the old price.

Do you know that prices are still currently increasing

Abeg all na capping

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Honestey: 11:30am On Apr 02
I will salute Tinubu and believe in him and respect Headmaster (Cardoso) more when the exchange rate become N500 = $1 but for now I will just say well done

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Goodnewsforlife: 11:31am On Apr 02
Melagros:

And the prices of goods and services will remain high. So, where is the change that you promised us?
igbo guy

Keep quiet

So it is government that will bring down d prices of goods, learn to understand that Nigerians are greedy too

8 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by skywolf28(m): 11:33am On Apr 02
Melagros:

Oh! APC's supporter, how much have you been bribed for this sh!t? When it was 1700 to a dollar I was buying a loaf of bread 1700, now you claimed on media that it is 1200, and I'm still buying the aforementioned commodity at the same price, (I'm talking about this morning) I bought a loaf of bread 1700. Tell us, where is the change? Is the change not only visible on nairaland? Blind druggist supporter, shame on you
My economics teacher bla bla bla me , thunder fire you there

Truly your economics teacher has woefully failed embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by OvertheTop(m): 11:34am On Apr 02
justmondris:

It will not reflect on the price of goods instantly because alot of businesses still have goods that were purchased at the former rate in their warehouse. It will take several months for it to have a positive impact on the prices of good and services. The greed of our business owners will also delay this impact

What about Garri that cannot be stored for long?
How come that one too is still increasing with the decrease in Dollar?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Johnjustice: 11:35am On Apr 02
tollyboy5:

So simple.
Nothing works with propaganda. Like some obidient do say, the refinery is not even near completion until 2026 orso. grin
Lame.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by COMPAQ(m): 11:36am On Apr 02
MT:

It is 1180 in the SW

Lies, I called Aboki on broad Street, Marina now and he said he will buy at 1270 and sell at 1275

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by OvertheTop(m): 11:36am On Apr 02
MT:

It is 1180 in the SW

last time i checked it was N1300 (friday)
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Prigidypogodo(f): 11:37am On Apr 02
DenreleDave:

Obirodent..... Go and check crypto website and see for yourself.. Stop crying on obi behalf
oga shatap
Stop your dubious way
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by nawaforyouo: 11:37am On Apr 02
COMPAQ:

Lies, I called Aboki on broad Street, Marina now and he said he will buy at 1270 and sell at 1275

I for talk grin grin grin

I was about contacting someone now to buy ... and here is the lie busted angry
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Didijiji: 11:40am On Apr 02
proff010:
Good one, by end of May dollar will be 500 to naira in Jesus name.
Amen
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by nawaforyouo: 11:40am On Apr 02
Treadway:
Mele Kyari, March 31 has yet again passed, na April 2 we dey.

Freestuffsng, paraman, Sukkot, abeg call Kyari ask am say how far port Harcourt refinery na. Na the third deadline wey elapse be this oo. I wan sell this my dollar stash. Ask about Dangote refinery too abeg

grin

No be the refinery wey i sabi well?

make dem just dey play cheesy
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Kukutente23: 11:41am On Apr 02
MT:

I wonder too.

The reason is since the dollar is dropping in value everyday, the mallam needs to create a buffer for themselves to accomodate the risk.

For instance, it is 1250 right now. If they change it at that rate for you and it drops tommorrow , they run at a loss. So they will change it for less (N1180) as of now so that before the CBN rate gets to 1180, they would have hopefully sold it off and make gain.

Gone are the days when Mallams sell at arbitrary price.

I don't know if I pass my message across well.
That's a lie
The rate is pegged by CBN and the BDCs are allowed to sell at 5% above the buy rate. That's the simple reason and not the jargon you wrote
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by HugoBoss10(m): 11:41am On Apr 02
This report is not complete without mentioning the vital point that $2.5 billion was injected into the system by the CBN.
Thank you!
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by MT: 11:42am On Apr 02
OvertheTop:

last time i checked it was N1300 (friday)

I changed 1270 on Thursday. It was even a hard bargain and he agreed because I changed a lot.

They insisted on 1250 as at Thursday last week.

Sometimes what you read is different from what you see when you actually go to change

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Shedrick: 11:44am On Apr 02
Keep fooling yourself.

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by MT: 11:45am On Apr 02
Kukutente23:

That's a lie
The rate is pegged by CBN and the BDCs are allowed to sell at 5% above the buy rate. That's the simple reason and not the jargon you wrote

I don't join issue with a fool like you.

Born on the rock and raised in a swamp.

So, its all bureau de change that are licensed ?. Are all bureau de change getting their dollars from CBN?

Can't you be civil for once in your entire miserable life? Must you throw insult when you drop your message?

Your upbringing terribly sucks.

I explained what different Mallam told me and which made lot of sense.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by OfoIgbo: 11:45am On Apr 02
OvertheTop:

it was 750 before the Swearing in

Let Tinubu first get it down to 800, before he starts aiming for Buhari's unimpressive 750 - 1 dollar

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Kilometres: 11:47am On Apr 02
thesicilian:
It can jump from 700 to 900 in less than 24hrs but when it's time to appreciate you'll be seeing a 50 naira decrease in 7 days

Your house can get destroyed by fire within seconds but when it's time to rebuild it may take months.

Life

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Afamed: 11:50am On Apr 02
$ slaves definitely will not be happy

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by TrackerSK: 11:52am On Apr 02
DenreleDave:

Obirodent..... Go and check crypto website and see for yourself.. Stop crying on obi behalf
Ebola miscreant,nah propaganda go kill una

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Platinumbillz(f): 11:54am On Apr 02
O ma se ooooo.....

[qquote author=Melagros post=129227414]
Oh! APC's supporter, how much have you been bribed for this sh!t? When it was 1700 to a dollar I was buying a loaf of bread 1700, now you claimed on media that it is 1200, and I'm still buying the aforementioned commodity at the same price, (I'm talking about this morning) I bought a loaf of bread 1700. Tell us, where is the change? Is the change not only visible on nairaland? Blind druggist supporter, shame on you
My economics teacher bla bla bla me , thunder fire you there [/quote]
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Sleekfingers: 11:55am On Apr 02
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-appreciates-to-n1250-at-parallel-market/amp?/naira-appreciates-to-n1250-at-parallel-market

That's good .

So that those airline tickets can drop. Make i go enjoy small for Maldives
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by DenreleDave(m): 12:02pm On Apr 02
sorry i didnt know i was talking to a fffffff

TrackerSK:
Ebola miscreant,nah propaganda go kill una
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Kukutente23: 12:04pm On Apr 02
MT:

I don't join issue with a fool like you.

Born on the rock and raised in a swamp.

So, its all bureau de change that are licensed ?. Are all bureau de change getting their dollars from CBN?

Can't you be civil for once in your entire miserable life? Must you throw insult when you drop your message?

Your upbringing terribly sucks.

I explained what different Mallam told me and which made lot of sense.
Just imagine
It's obvious you're retarded than is previously possible.
All BDCs are licensed. The unlicensed ones operate illegally.
So what Mallam told toy is what you wrote with so much gusto
You're terribly lacking in common sense with all your shameless lies
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Blaze14k: 12:09pm On Apr 02
helinues:

Should government also be responsible for the prices of goods and services to come down..

We all blame government for everything while the citizens could even be more worse that the politicians self

Yes of course.. they have regulatory body for that.. don't act as if you don't know. If prices are too high it will equally affect them
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by drimzsmoke(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02
proff010:
Good one, by end of May dollar will be 500 to naira in Jesus name.

It's not possible!!;
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Shimbo96(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02
thesicilian:
It can jump from 700 to 900 in less than 24hrs but when it's time to appreciate you'll be seeing a 50 naira decrease in 7 days
that is Nigeria for you, same way they increased price of particular commodity everyday for month because of increase in value of dollars but when there is decrease now it still didn't affect them. Forget government, Nigerians we are our own problem.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by MT: 12:18pm On Apr 02
Kukutente23:

Just imagine
It's obvious you're retarded than is previously possible.
All BDCs are licensed. The unlicensed ones operate illegally.
So what Mallam told toy is what you wrote with so much gusto
You're terribly lacking in common sense with all your shameless lies

So in your warped minds, you do not know the unlicensed ones are more than licensed ones.

So, you dont know the unlicensed ones will need to look for a way to absorb the risks.

When you call Mallam on the fone, he can even tell you that he will change it for 1,500 naira, get there it is a different ball game. He just lured you to the market, he will tell you the market just crashed right now.

I changed money, you were looking for prices on the internet.

Those Mallams that you see transact more than 100,000USD per week on average, stop looking down on them. They have better market sense than your empty skull.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bolt, Uber Drivers Form Trade Union As FG Approves AUATWON / How To Be Poor (nigerian Edition) / Send My Birthday Wishes Or Close My Account, Man Threaten His Bank (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.