Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market (18078 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Barzinime(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02
Don't waste your time on them.
You think most of them read or understand what's happening?
All they want to hear is bad news.... nothing else matters
Putindbutt:

It was sold for 700 but you guys won't talk about the billions of dollars that was used to defend it.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Front0lane: 12:21pm On Apr 02
Even if the refinery don't work till 4040 your papa money de inside Dangote refinery ?!

The obidient that claim it won't work till 9090 can you tell us when Orient Refinery the Pandora cursed criminal n bastard Peter Obi Peter spent state money state producing fuel almost 20 years after it was commissioned with propaganda

tollyboy5:

So simple.
Nothing works with propaganda. Like some obidient do say, the refinery is not even near completion until 2026 orso. grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by xavuv: 12:21pm On Apr 02
💯
MT:

.. .

So, you dont know the unlicensed ones will need to look for a way to absorb the risks.

When you call Mallam on the fone, he can even tell you that he will change it for 1,500 naira, get there it is a different ball game. He just lured you to the market, he will tell you the market just crashed right now.

Those Mallams that you see transact more than 100,000USD per week on average, stop looking down on them. They have better market sense than your empty skull.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by id4sho(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

And the prices of goods and services will remain high. So, where is the change that you promised us?

Ask the traders, government won't force marketers
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Kukutente23: 12:24pm On Apr 02
MT:

So in your warped minds, you do not know the unlicensed ones are more than licensed ones.

So, you dont know the unlicensed ones will need to look for a way to absorb the risks.

When you call Mallam on the fone, he can even tell you that he will change it for 1,500 naira, get there it is a different ball game. He just lured you to the market, he will tell you the market just crashed right now.

I changed money, you were looking for prices on the internet.

Those Mallams that you see transact more than 100,000USD per week on average, stop looking down on them. They have better market sense than your empty skull.
If you operate with illegal BDC that is your problem.
But besides that it is a cheap lie to say the illegal BDC will sell dollars for you cheaper than the licensed one that is getting directly from CBN.
How's that possible
You're just a cheap, incorigible liar
And to even think you have the nerve to quote rates from illegal BDCs and even giving silly explanations
What is the price of fuel today? Is it the price from filling stations or black market traders you think we should go with?
Dumbo!!
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 12:25pm On Apr 02
EmperorCaesar:
Obidents, lets cry

PBAT is Progressive
Cardoso is Progressive
Nigeria is Progressive
Obidients are cheesy cheesy cheesy
dollar must come back to ₦216 where Dey met it if not they are all failure
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by drimzsmoke(m): 12:28pm On Apr 02
Shedrick:
Keep fooling yourself.

Sir, If you want to buy/sell dollar now now now, below is the buy and sell rate!!!

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by MT: 12:32pm On Apr 02
Kukutente23:

If you operate with illegal BDC that is your problem.
But besides that[b] it is a cheap lie to say the illegal BDC will sell dollars for you cheaper than the licensed one[/b] that is getting directly from CBN.
How's that possible
You're just a cheap, incorigible liar
And to even think you have the nerve to quote rates from illegal BDCs and even giving silly explanations
What is the price of fuel today? Is it the price from filling stations or black market traders you think we should go with?
Dumbo!!

You see the folly of jumping like a frog into argument without asking questions.

I took dollars to the parallel market and he gave me naira. I sell to the Mallam.

So if i want to change money, I will be asking Mallam to show me his license before I can transact.

Too much foolishness deposited in just one body. I wonder how that makes you feel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 12:34pm On Apr 02
tollyboy5:

You can't even prove me wrong lol. You sef knw sey Na propaganda refinery repair wey Dem use chop billions.
APC = All Promise Canceled
Dangote’s refinery which is a private owned business, is propaganda to you?

Don’t know why some people just hate the fact of their existence, whose fault say they born you for The Federal Republic of Nigeria?
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by stasius: 12:35pm On Apr 02
proff010:
Good one, by end of May dollar will be 500 to naira in Jesus name.

Amen
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Gorgeous4lyf(m): 12:38pm On Apr 02
helinues:

Have you given credit to the same government with the moves they have been making to stabilize things?

Give them credit for what exactly?
For taking the FX from around 700 to nearly 2000?
Or that APC carried us from around 260 to 700 during Buhari?
Or the fact that they campaigned to make one Naira equal to a Dollar?

We are not all fools in Nigeria.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Jughead29: 12:40pm On Apr 02
Like I said last time, from here to N900/$ if it breaks this zone or straight back to N1500
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 12:40pm On Apr 02
Gorgeous4lyf:

Have you asked yourself why it was trading @ 260 back then?
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by MT: 12:43pm On Apr 02
@Kukutente23:

It is my money.

Why are you crying more than the bereaved.

Hit any Sabo, you will know that theory is not practical.

That prices you see on the internet is not obtainable on the street.

Learn to be civil

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by helinues: 12:44pm On Apr 02
Gorgeous4lyf:

If you can't give credit when they do the right thing, then you have no moral justification to question them when they do the wrong thing. Logically
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Kukutente23: 12:46pm On Apr 02
MT:
@Kukutente23:

It is my money.

Why are you crying more than the bereaved.

Hit any Sabo, you will know that theory is not practical.

That prices you see on the internet is not obtainable on the street.

Learn to be civil

Crying? Lol. You must mistake me for someone else.

I was civil before you started with the insults

The fact is the CBN already pegged the rates at which BDCs can buy and sell dollars which is why you see that their quoted prices fall below the official market.

That's the reason not your claim of hedging. No one will hedge by selling less especially when they are getting steady supply from CBN

And like I told you, based on CBN policy, you have no reason selling for less. The CBN actually wants those dollars to come into the system cheaply. So you just robbed yourself by selling less. Simplicita
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Krankhead: 12:50pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

And the prices of goods and services will remain high. So, where is the change that you promised us?
Go and ask the people that are wicked and making the price high
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by MT: 12:50pm On Apr 02
Kukutente23:

Crying? Lol. You must mistake me for someone else.

I was civil before you started with the insults

The fact is the CBN already pegged the rates at which BDCs can buy and sell dollars which is why you see that their quoted prices fall below the official market.

That's the reason not your claim of hedging. No one will hedge by selling less especially when they are getting steady supply from CBN

Your first message on this post - you stated I was writing "jargons". Was that not insulting?

Cant you make your case in a civil, responsible manner? Cant we have a simple gentleman discourse and learn from it?

Most people that are on the streets are unlicensed. And when the entire sabo market is telling you the same rate, what can you in that in stance. In fairness to them, they sell with 5 naira differential from the price they bought it.

How many licensed do we have in the whole of Nigeria but CBN regulating prices affects those unlicensed from selling on the high, which is good.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by thesicilian: 12:53pm On Apr 02
oliverwrites:
You are so sad it is appreciating but don't want to say it.
Sometimes I wonder if some of you were homeschooled by busy parents. Your level of comprehension is abysmal
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Kukutente23: 12:55pm On Apr 02
MT:

Your first message on this post - you stated I was writing "jargons". Was that not insulting?

Cant you make your case in a civil, responsible manner? Cant we have a simple gentleman discourse and learn from it?

Most people that are on the streets are unlicensed. And when the entire sabo market is telling you the same rate, what can you in that in stance. In fairness to them, they sell with 5 naira differential from the price they bought it.

How many licensed do we have in the whole of Nigeria but CBN regulating prices affects those unlicensed from selling on the high, which is good.

Sorry. I didn't know saying you're writing jargons is an insult.
You don't need to change dollars on the street. You can change it through your dom account.
Reason people previously embraced the streets is the higher value they get.
Reason CBN pegged them lower is to encourage people to bring their dollars to the official sources.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by MT: 12:57pm On Apr 02
Kukutente23:

Sorry. I didn't know saying you're writing jargons is an insult.
You don't need to change dollars on the street. You can change it through your dom account.
Reason people previously embraced the streets is the higher value they get.
Reason CBN pegged them lower is to encourage people to bring their dollars to the official sources.

Thanks and apologies for responding harshly.

i was at GTB bank, I asked the lady in charge of the DOM if i could get a value for my dollars in naira, she said no.

I had to go through the rigours of withdrawing, and took it to the street.

Next time, I would insist to speak to the Manager. At least, you have got me educated in that regards.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by yommen: 12:59pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

A lot of business will pick up again. Those in importation business will feel a sigh of relieve.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by commoditiesnig: 1:11pm On Apr 02
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by oliverwrites: 1:33pm On Apr 02
thesicilian:

Sometimes I wonder if some of you were homeschooled by busy parents. Your level of comprehension is abysmal
I read your post again and it may well be that you are being genuine but the way some group of people behave on here makes it easy to make the conclusion I made.

For me, the naira being useless favours me but I am not callous and want the growth of the whole country as there is more prosperity when the country grows than when a few people are rich.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by TrackerSK: 1:41pm On Apr 02
DenreleDave:
sorry i didnt know my father is a fffffff

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by easzypeaszy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

blame ur Igbo business ppl for dat.
Meanwhile na Dem go suffer am later

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by zionstaar75: 2:04pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

wailing wailer who promised you anything. U go cry tire because you are an enemy of Nigeria
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by zionstaar75: 2:07pm On Apr 02
Edoreborn:
How true is this oo cos we are tired of propaganda
I'm not sure u went to school. They quoted bdc operator and you're shouting propaganda because your Evi expectations is not happening. You're an evil enemy of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Come In: Which Of These Is Holding You Back? / Folorunso Alakija Awarded 6 Offshore Oil Blocks By Sierra Leone Government / Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.