Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market (18038 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by zionstaar75: 2:09pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

Absolutely, yes, the government should be held liable, because the evil government of the apc had promised us heaven on earth. So, it should resign if it's incapable of fulfilling her promises
keep crying wailing wailer
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by zionstaar75: 2:16pm On Apr 02
Yugoos:
JUST TAKE IT BACK TO WHERE IT WAS ON MAY 29TH 2023. ALSO RETURN FUEL TO 187 BEFORE CLAIMING BALABLUE APPRECIATION
wailing wailer
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by AfahaAbia(m): 2:17pm On Apr 02
Dollar hoarders over to you
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by fortune1968: 2:19pm On Apr 02
[quote author=tollyboy5 post=129226925]
So simple.
Nothing works with propaganda. Like some obidient do say, the refinery is not even near completion until 2026 orso. grin[/quote The so called obedients ,like their leader ,Peter Obi , neither know or see good things .Always on the negative side .Bad belle !
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by danigbo(m): 2:26pm On Apr 02
How much was the naira to dollar when Apc came to power ?

Have you given credit to the same government with the moves they have been making to stabilize things?[/quote]
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Flame333: 2:30pm On Apr 02
tollyboy5:
How black market com cheap pass official rate ?

this is where miracle comes in....

this is why is good to pray that God should give your leaders wisdom
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Konquest: 2:30pm On Apr 02
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by PHAYOL81: 2:35pm On Apr 02
Gradually climbing to safety. It may be slow but steadily, we're getting there.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by ufuosman(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02
Gradually is coming down
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by phemray(m): 2:47pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

And the prices of goods and services will remain high. So, where is the change that you promised us?

The seller quickly raised the price when dollar was up till 1700 so why can't they bring it down or is it government that will force them to be patriotic? Nigerians are quick to adjust prices up claiming dollars up, even garri?. but never to be adjusted down until task force are deployed. That's not good enough.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by monex(m): 2:54pm On Apr 02
proff010:
Good one, by end of May dollar will be 500 to naira in Jesus name.
Amen
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by zinaunreal(m): 2:56pm On Apr 02
Take back our currency how you met it. Some people will call this rubbish progress but its recovery and backwardness
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by ihustlehard: 2:59pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

And the prices of goods and services will remain high. So, where is the change that you promised us?
will come down gradually, you dont expect it to come down so fast,
the old stock bought with high dollar with have to be sold at high rate first
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by jayce232: 3:37pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

Honestly
A drug I bought 8k last month, went to the pharmacy today it is now 12800 naira. I really don't understand what is going on.

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Xammie001(m): 4:27pm On Apr 02
Zonefree:

Stabilizer.

So, what did government stabilize?

A dollar sold for N700 before this government, it's now N1250. Is that stability in your village? undecided

Nonsense!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
on a floated bases, someone is paying half of what you used, and My President said he won't do it again and let our work do justice to our currency now you are lamenting, as i do say NIGERIANS ONLY WANT CHANGE BY MOUTH

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Xammie001(m): 4:28pm On Apr 02
monex:

Amen

No be by Amen na by our actions
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by jayce232: 4:33pm On Apr 02
motionarena:

Stop saying that crap
The period the naira was depreciating at an alarming rate was just a 2 to 3 weeks period b4 Federal Government stepped in.

Its over a month plus the naira has appreciated Now all businesses are claiming they have stocked millions of Goods at the old price.

Do you know that prices are still currently increasing

Abeg all na capping
Exactly sir
You have said it all
The bold is even the big problem
Dollar is falling, price of goods are increasing
I bought drug 8k just last month at a pharmacy & naira has been appreciating since then. Today I went to same pharmacy to see same drug at 12800 naira. Naira is appreciating on paper, but price of goods are increasing in reality. Especially drugs, they are now very expensive

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by femi4: 5:19pm On Apr 02
proff010:
lolz...it didn't go up by prayers
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by motionarena: 5:32pm On Apr 02
jayce232:

Exactly sir
You have said it all
The bold is even the big problem
Dollar is falling, price of goods are increasing
I bought drug 8k just last month at a pharmacy & naira has been appreciating since then. Today I went to same pharmacy to see same drug at 12800 naira. Naira is appreciating on paper, but price of goods are increasing in reality. Especially drugs, they are now very expensive

Just imagine
Naira is just increasing on paper

Audio appreciation

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Sultannayef: 5:35pm On Apr 02
motionarena:

Just imagine
Naira is just increasing on paper

Audio appreciation

Prices will come down, but it will take a while!
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by edaferigho(m): 5:37pm On Apr 02
Buy the Dip. I repeat, buy the Dip.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by ThatFairGuy1: 5:42pm On Apr 02
We shall smile in the long run
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Paramount01(m): 6:08pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

Oh! APC's supporter, how much have you been bribed for this sh!t? When it was 1700 to a dollar I was buying a loaf of bread 1700, now you claimed on media that it is 1200, and I'm still buying the aforementioned commodity at the same price, (I'm talking about this morning) I bought a loaf of bread 1700. Tell us, where is the change? Is the change not only visible on nairaland? Blind druggist supporter, shame on you
My economics teacher bla bla bla me , thunder fire you there

The guy that said you failed your Economics teacher is very right, just look at you reasoning, so. You want this to come down instantly? I hear you, I can't explain things to sombody that have failed is economics teacher, stay in class you will say school a scam, is it not that obvious that you are olodo
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by diesel86: 6:30pm On Apr 02
rahmontech:
yet chipper cash is selling at 1430/$ as at this morning. I wish the FG stomp on these bastards. chipper cash are thieves sabotaging the efforts of the FG. something should be done.

they buy 1194 and sell 1430.
I am dumping those thieves as well, I would rather buy from Aboki and fund my dorm account .
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by alezzy13: 7:06pm On Apr 02
MT:

I wonder too.

The reason is since the dollar is dropping in value everyday, the mallam needs to create a buffer for themselves to accomodate the risk.

For instance, it is 1250 right now. If they change it at that rate for you and it drops tommorrow , they run at a loss. So they will change it for less (N1180) as of now so that before the CBN rate gets to 1180, they would have hopefully sold it off and make gain.

Gone are the days when Mallams sell at arbitrary price.

I don't know if I pass my message across well.

Hmm 🧐
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Shigireturn: 7:44pm On Apr 02
Melagros:

Yamirin God go shame wna
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Babastrong(m): 8:53pm On Apr 02
[quote author=Melagros post=129226822]
And the prices of goods and services will remain high. So, where is the change that you promised us? [flaaatyy!
enemies
of
nigeria
and
nigerians.
]
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Warriorprince(m): 9:20pm On Apr 02
Putindbutt:

Tell me the billions, maybe na your papa gave them the billions to defend it. ode

Eranko maleleyi fa, Abi orie daru ni........omo alaileko, onirankiran. Mumu,ignorant fool, na to be sharing propaganda dey know.

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Warriorprince(m): 9:20pm On Apr 02
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by omoharry(f): 9:35pm On Apr 02
proff010:
if a dollar cab drop below 700 then I will start praising Tinubu the CBN governor that they have done well .

1 Like

Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Putindbutt: 12:01am On Apr 03
Warriorprince:

Eranko maleleyi fa, Abi orie daru ni........omo alaileko, onirankiran. Mumu,ignorant fool, na to be sharing propaganda dey know.

Guy, you have a hole in your brain. you don't know what it means to "mop up" naira?. i just want to enjoy this cool weather without minding a fool.
Re: Naira Appreciates To N1,250/$ At Parallel Market by Warriorprince(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03
Putindbutt:

Guy, you have a hole in your brain. you don't know what it means to "mop up" naira?. i just want to enjoy this cool weather without minding a fool.

Oponu ayirada, why not tell me the meaning of Mop op, since you gat no brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bolt, Uber Drivers Form Trade Union As FG Approves AUATWON / How To Be Poor (nigerian Edition) / Send My Birthday Wishes Or Close My Account, Man Threaten His Bank (video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.