Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston (13471 Views)

Air France Announces The Suspension Of Flights To Niger & Mali / IATA Reacts To Emirates Suspension Of Flights From Nigeria / FG Denies Releasing Guidelines For Resumption Of Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by ijustdey: 10:41am On Apr 02
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Air Peace Airlines, Mr. Allen Onyema, yesterday, disclosed that the airline was planning to begin flights to New York and Houston by the end of 2024.

Onyema, who was a guest on ‘The Morning Show’ on ARISE News Channel, spoke on the backdrop of the airline’s Lagos- London route launch.

He stated that the company was in the process of purchasing more aircraft for this purpose.

According to him, “Air Peace is ready and prepared to take on more flights. Already, there are seven Air Peace flights going into Gatwick Airport from Nigeria daily.

Nigeria has a balance of about 14 to do. We are ready, if the government gives us Abuja-London, I will do it, because we are expecting more aircraft into the country purchased by Air Peace. If we get it, we will do it.

The airline, he added, was planning to hit New York or Houston towards the end of the year, as it was working on bringing in more 777s.

As I speak to you, my staff are in California, the engineering technical services department, are in California inspecting some three 777s we want to acquire and buy. So, if we could get them in the next two or three months, then of course, we are good to go anywhere,” he added.

Onyema, however, emphasised on some of the challenges faced by his airline in trying to achieve the long-awaited Lagos-London flights.

He said: “You suffer what I call both internal and external conspiracies. It took us seven years. We got the designation I think about six and a half years ago to go into London. Since then, it has been cat-and-mouse game.

“We actually procured our three 777s because of this route, not for any other route. However, we were not allowed to go.

“Whether you like it or not, there is what is called international aero politics which is very dirty. We applied for the TCO. TCO means Technical Country Operators permit, you must get that one before you start going into any European country, UK inclusive. “And the TCO organisation from Europe wrote our Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA). Do you know Air Peace? Do you know about their designation? And we were denied. My own country denied us, so they threw it back.”

Onyema, called for the support of the federal government for Nigerian airlines saying, “In our own country, what we are pleading; I like when you said support, the ease of doing business, let them even do that for the indigenous airlines and see us blossom, instead of badmouthing these airlines that pass through all manner of problems.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/04/02/air-peace-plan-commencement-of-flights-to-new-york-houston

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by socialmediaman: 10:43am On Apr 02
“My own country denied us” - Allen Onyema

Recent revelations have shown that Nigeria is indeed a crime scene!

Government will deliberately prevent development from happening just so the people are easier to control and manipulate

I see why some people believe they’ll be better off if left alone

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by clarocuzioo(m): 10:43am On Apr 02
Wooow

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by SmartPolician: 10:44am On Apr 02
This is the time for their staffers to start "disappearing" immediately the planes land in the United States. Our leaders and their apologists have reduced us to nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Martinsmine(m): 11:17am On Apr 02
Mad oooo

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Ikaeniyan0: 11:25am On Apr 02
It will drive down price on this route too.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by okeyley: 11:27am On Apr 02
I hope the sadists doesn't keep him waiting as they always do

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Ttipsy(f): 11:40am On Apr 02
FG should actually work with this guy and not the other way round

He has a vision

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by supremedermatol: 11:55am On Apr 02
Good to now. Naija to the world.

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Nedu05: 11:55am On Apr 02
Wow congratulations

Anambra to New York loading

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Tjra: 11:55am On Apr 02
Ttipsy:

He has a vision
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been supportive and Allen Onyema has been grateful as well.

Airpeace is a National pride and this breakthrough is a plus to the government of Jagaban.

God bless Nigeria

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by MrSundry: 11:55am On Apr 02
Awesome! Well-done team Airpeace.

Some disgusting tribalist would soon decend on this thread to start spewing rubbish.

Some will complain about the "Isi agu" outfit, others will shout about how their tribe is the greatest.

Ignorant people; they think they can exist in isolation.

If you like be Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Ijaw etc , your tribe alone cannot sustain your business.
We all need each other's patronage to grow.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by YesDaddyTill203: 11:56am On Apr 02
I watched the whole interview.
It will be great if he can start these routes. Delta and United need serious competition.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by inoki247: 11:56am On Apr 02
Ttipsy:

He has a vision

Lol if they're not working with him how did you think is getting all this....

Same FG stood by him when he was wanted by US...

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:57am On Apr 02
cry cry cry
Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by YesDaddyTill203: 11:57am On Apr 02
inoki247:

Exactly
A lot of these people are pretending as if they do not know that this man is still wanted by the FBI. The Federal government of Nigeria have just decided to look the other way. Imagine if it's Dangote that's wanted like Oyenma. The biased Nigerian press and social media will remind us everytime they talk about him. But now, you can hardly find that conversation anywhere.
Also, these people don't understand that Air peace cannot fly anywhere without thr consent, approval and support from the Nigerian govt.
The govt can decide to give the slots allocated to Nigeria through bilateral agreement to any other airline even if they don't use it.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Idun2024(f): 11:57am On Apr 02
Hehehe

That’s nice but Onyema must follow them oo
Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by farouk2much(m): 11:58am On Apr 02
Naija to the world

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:58am On Apr 02
Beautiful
Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by ClearFlair: 12:00pm On Apr 02
Some people are waiting to see clothes they will wear. Very ridiculous people.

Tribal bigots are no better than apes. Some of them are just lucky to be able to read and write and have access to internet enabled devices. Natural selection will fade them out eventually because they cannot survive in an egalitarian society. The crumbs they're feeding on will eventually dry out.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by emdis: 12:00pm On Apr 02
Wow.. na so we take no get refinery too

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Ejyksneh(m): 12:00pm On Apr 02
Good......feats that no yaríba ewedu muncher can attain aside flocking and licking of head slammers asses, frolicking and massaging northerns egos for peanuts......lazy ewedu munchers 😂😂🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

My dirty neighbour who is an ewedu muncher is on the verge of running mad because of hunger orchestrated by his kinsman iragbiji fraud.....I don't pity him as I use every opportunity I get to laugh at him and make him want to k!ll himself so I take over his dirty looking yaríba wife, i learnt she is good in bed.🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

Check my signature for more

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by BigkokoRep: 12:00pm On Apr 02
Hope the envious sadist and foolish irresponsible jihadists won't sabotage him from within!

Please plan another for Netherland and the Nordics Biko!

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by rainluv: 12:00pm On Apr 02
inoki247:

How? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by Hienna1: 12:00pm On Apr 02
wink
The feds are supporting this man, one way or the other...
Achieving all this without govt support will be extremely difficult.
Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by BigkokoRep: 12:02pm On Apr 02
Any information about our refinery Biko.... When you see a real business man, you go know. No be brief Case business men with licenses they know nothing about or how to implement.

Abeg wetin be the update on Dangote refinery, despite the billions of dollars father Xmas Emefiele and oga Boko Haram Buhari gave him?

The one they helped, no gree work. The one they sabotage naim dey show working!

#igboamaka

4 Likes

Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by richie240: 12:02pm On Apr 02
''A fishes'mouth is it's albatross''
I blv it was republic of kaghistan that made his incursion into uk possible, okwea? Izit not the same nigeria under Tinubu that finally paved the way for him?

May we not cast our seed amongst swines hence they tread on it and still attack u.
cool

socialmediaman:
“My own country denied us” - Allen Onyema

Recent revelations have shown that Nigeria is indeed a crime scene!

Government will deliberately prevent development from happening just so the people are easier to control and manipulate

I see why some people believe they’ll be better off if left alone
Re: Air Peace Plans Commencement Of Flights To New York, Houston by inoki247: 12:03pm On Apr 02
rainluv:

How? undecided

Lol ask how FG would've extradite him easily if you don't know stop trying to defend what you don't know....

When Buruji had issues with US on drugs you can see how OBJ was trying to extradite him that he has to start going from one court to another....

If FG isn't supporting Oyema even if his not in US yet he will be facing different Lawsuits in Nigeria right now to extradite him to US....

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White British Man Married To Nigerian Woman: Looking To Live In Nigeria / Air Peace: No Member Of Our Crew Absconded From Quarantine Facility / Why Does Everybody In Nigeria Want To Travel Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.