Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady (37548 Views)

US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by ultim: 6:51pm On Apr 02
officialwdhtvv:
You have no business relocating abroad if you’re 40 and above — Abroad-based life coach.

Take a listen to her reasons. Are they valid?

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McrGAqMWWi8

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5QnjJqypy8/?igsh=N3Uwdmg5dDRtZ3Yw

I guess this lady stays in Italy.

BTW, she's giving half truth and hurling over generalised info.

If you are highly skilled in tech say STEM and you are 45 to 55, you can get something fine abroad.

She should say "if you are 40+ and you are going abroad to hustle", not bla bla if you are 40 and above, don't travel abroad. She's taking as if reading from a prepared script.

3 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by omotayo11(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02
where did you see this lunatic?

All these morons.

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by AngelicBeing: 6:55pm On Apr 02
Namaster:
Listened to a few seconds of the video and I can tell she's an IDIIIOT with bad intentions.

First of all, 99% of the People who travel abroad do NOT do it to make money. So the premise of her NONSENSE argument is flawed.

The amount of money that is needed to complete the process of emigration in Nigeria is MIND-BOGGLING! The idea that it's ONLY poor people looking for money that choose to travel to UK, Europe, USA, Canada, etc is just plain DUMB!

It's even dumber when you consider the fact that a 40-year old man is UNLIKELY to receive external support to finance his plans.

People who travel do it to get AWAY from the economic quagmire, political instability, infrastructural collapse and the general LAWLESSNESS that is the hallmark of the Nigerian society.

Put simply, people travel out to get a better quality of life for themselves and their families.

Anyone who thinks people are fleeing Nigeria to make money is just being DELIBERATELY obtuse.

She's advocating for staying in Nigeria and "looking for money in dirty places". She doesn't realize that all the money in Nigeria would make no difference if you fall sick and the hospitals do NOT have ordinary X-ray machine to help with the diagnosis.

For those reading this:

If it enters your body to leave Nigeria and you can afford it, LEAVE! Even if you are 99 years old, LEAVE!
Gbamsulotely, Abraham in the Bible left his village at the age of 75 years , so ,age is not a barrier to Legal Migration cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by ayandee: 6:56pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

Those cases are far different, those ones already had kids in those countries. She is referring to 40+ newly coming to struggle from the beginning.

Any 40+ that travels abroad at that age is setting themselves up for failure.
not true in all cases. My husband and I relocated in our 40s and we like it here.

Each person's situation is different. There's no general rule for whether or not to immigrate. Everyone should do what works for them.

Just don't travel illegally. If you have PR visa or study visa, take the opportunity.

6 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by jiz: 6:58pm On Apr 02
Trash for the gullible....99% yen yen yen....just typing statistics anyhow
Namaster:
Listened to a few seconds of the video and I can tell she's an IDIIIOT with bad intentions.

First of all, 99% of the People who travel abroad do NOT do it to make money. So the premise of her NONSENSE argument is flawed.

The amount of money that is needed to complete the process of emigration in Nigeria is MIND-BOGGLING! The idea that it's ONLY poor people looking for money that choose to travel to UK, Europe, USA, Canada, etc is just plain DUMB!

It's even dumber when you consider the fact that a 40-year old man is UNLIKELY to receive external support to finance his plans.

People who travel do it to get AWAY from the economic quagmire, political instability, infrastructural collapse and the general LAWLESSNESS that is the hallmark of the Nigerian society.

Put simply, people travel out to get a better quality of life for themselves and their families.

Anyone who thinks people are fleeing Nigeria to make money is just being DELIBERATELY obtuse.

She's advocating for staying in Nigeria and "looking for money in dirty places". She doesn't realize that all the money in Nigeria would make no difference if you fall sick and the hospitals do NOT have ordinary X-ray machine to help with the diagnosis.

For those reading this:

If it enters your body to leave Nigeria and you can afford it, LEAVE! Even if you are 99 years old, LEAVE!
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Cromagnon: 6:59pm On Apr 02
Namaster:

People who travel do it to get AWAY from the economic quagmire,

Thought you said it's not for money abi economy man another thing

. political instability,

Lack of Money cause instability

. infrastructural collapse

Lack of money cause collapse

. and the general LAWLESSNESS that is the hallmark of the Nigerian society.

All cause by lack of money

Quality costs money

Smh

Hospitals get xray for those with money
Xray is not free abroad fa

For those reading this:

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Benwallt(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02
For a man or woman?
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Mcslize: 7:01pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

Those cases are far different, those ones already had kids in those countries. She is referring to 40+ newly coming to struggle from the beginning.

You're not serious. Not only setting themselves for failure.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by GUNITGuy: 7:02pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

You better have a rethink... people retire at 65 in Nigeria to take up nursing/care jobs abroad.....
The earlier you know Nigeria has no plans for you and unborn children the better for you .... The System is something else...
Leave if you can start processing ViSa to countries like Germany Luxemburg or even Russia....it get why

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by yemmit90: 7:03pm On Apr 02
YesDaddyTill203:
I agree.
I left Nigeria in the 80s when I was very young.
There is no way I would have left at even 30. In fact, I thought about going back even though I was so young back then but I didn't have control of where I wanted to live. My parents were deciding for me.

Moving to another country after 40 will affect your mental being and many people around you. People think everything is about money money.
There is more to life than just making money. Quality of life is very paramount.

People who have never made money think that money is everything. Once you make money, you will realize there's more to life than just chasing money.

An healthy 40 or 50 years old man is not too old to hustle for 10 years more and enjoy his earning for the rest of his life.

A 40 or 50 years old man can still make over 50 millions abroad withing a space of 10 years, he/she can move back to Nigeria to establish business. If 70 years old professors are still taking lectures in our universities, why can't healthy 50 years old man work in an environment he would be well paid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Elidrisy20: 7:03pm On Apr 02
You will do it for your children
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by woojin: 7:05pm On Apr 02
excaping nigeria is not age even a 70 year old man can excape to enjoy the few years left for him

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:06pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

I know 43 years old man that came, he should be 48 now, did masters with us then at 43/44, he is working with Microsoft now, earning 6 figures now, we Dey communicate well, he even see high paying job before me self. See you can make it anytime.

Life has no age limit to success, KFC GUY achieved at 60s, so many

4 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by woojin: 7:06pm On Apr 02
yemmit90:

An healthy 40 or 50 years old man is not too old to hustle for 10 years more and enjoy his earning for the rest of his life.

A 40 or 50 years old man can still make over 50 millions abroad withing a space of 10 years, he/she can move back to Nigeria to establish business. If 70 years old professors are still taking lectures in our universities, why can't healthy 50 years old man work in an environment he would be well paid.

u are right

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Owon: 7:07pm On Apr 02
officialwdhtvv:
You have no business relocating abroad if you’re 40 and above — Abroad-based life coach.

Take a listen to her reasons. Are they valid?

#wetindeyhappentv

https/m.youtube.com/watch?v=McrGAqMWWi8

httpswww.instagram.com/reel/C5QnjJqypy8/?igsh=N3Uwdmg5dDRtZ3Yw
Thunder strike her there
Mumu
Asking what people have to give to people.
She, what did she take abroad and what's she giving to people there?
DIRTY SLAVE

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by deji17: 7:08pm On Apr 02
Why do people generalise like this? There are many Nigerian professionals doing well but the focus is always on the bad news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by 79733139(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

Well understood, however I would never advise anyone to migrate in their 50s as It is not worth all the hustle & bustle.
In such cases, It's better to secure funding for their kids to move abroad instead.

Anybody who is their 40s or 50s and is driven to make a decent living will do it... a man moved to Australia at 48 years old and his doing well for himself, his story made front page... People who are okay with lifelong learning can survive, it's not rocket science.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by We4all: 7:08pm On Apr 02
Anu, if I make up my mind to relocate at 40, come and stop me. Some people will just sit in front of their cameras and be recording rubbish.

Some 40 year olds are mentally, physically and intellectually fitter than most people in their 20's and will fare better in Western countries.

When has age become a determinant for migrating? An average
Mexican can decide to migrate at any time as long as they are fit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by uvie66: 7:09pm On Apr 02
CoronaVirusPro:
Lies!

It all depends on your expertise and immigration route.

A 50 year old man with 30 years experience in Networking with desirable certifications will HIT the ground running.
....I concur, as they say experience is the best teacher, and computer network is the same all over the world, someone in there 50s will have seen and resolved hundreds of technical problems in there career, compared to a fresh graduate that only knows the theory.

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by EmekaBlue(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02
grin some people na only dem wan dey abroad like say na dem build the country for the oyibo people

Africa opoortuned monkey making noise. Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Owon: 7:09pm On Apr 02
Namaster:

For those reading this:

Perfect response to that dirty mumu

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by CoronaVirusPro: 7:13pm On Apr 02
uvie66:
....I concur, as they say experience is the best teacher, and computer network is the same all over the world, someone in there 50s will have seen and resolved hundreds of technical problems in there career, compared to a fresh graduate that only knows the theory.

Exactly!

If you have the years of experience and can talk it, it’s GAME!
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Starz825(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

my Uncle was 50 yrs when he travelled to Israel...guy as at the time he left ...he only had an abandoned plot of land......

As I speak now...he has a completely built bungalow and he's currently on another.....he had sent his wife to the UK.. processing his children mobilization to Canada..

Guy ..as a 40 yrs old Nigerian man traveling abroad...know that u are more than 15yrs younger as far as money is involved..so a 40 yr old here is just like a 25 yrs old man abroad...he will work his ass up... knowing fully well he will be paid handsomely at the end

3 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by profmallor: 7:15pm On Apr 02
if want to know if what she is saying is true, count the number of comments condemning her against the ones that think she makes sense. If the condemnations are higher, she is speaking the truth. People love to believe lies cause it's just damn easier to accept.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by allthingsgood: 7:16pm On Apr 02
CoronaVirusPro:

I know what I am saying. Good expertise and experience will always give you an edge.

My colleague left Haliburton Nigeria at 38, he presently balling with Chevron USA, and has done great things in a short period of time than most people who have been in the US for years .

How many migrating Nigerians are in Halliburton
There is no basis for comparison. Your friend was already a millionaire and is not an economic migrant unlike 90% of others

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Mcslize: 7:17pm On Apr 02
Nigerfine3:

You are very smart about it. We share same name oooo
I am planning coming back soon at early 50s. The mental stability of you working without fun isn't for everyone.
Is always a different stroke. I cannot advise anyone above 45 with good income to come abroad for a fresh start

Is it in Nigeria that people don't work? People are mentally drained in Nigeria than abroad where things work.

Have you ever get caught up with Lagos hold up before? A situation where you need to wake up by 4a.m to go to work just to beat hold up.

Some of you folks abroad don't really know the value of being in a sane society. That's why few of you are taking things for granted. Nigeria is not the way you left it. Things are very terrible here. We can't walk safely. I know of someone who was doubled crossed and his lab sprayed with bullets in his GLK when he was driving out of a hotel at about 8pm in the evening.

He was kidnapped with and taken into a bush, cleared his account and still call family members to bring money to settle the kidnappers before he was handed to the family. I was the one that roles the guy on hospital chair into one of the federal teaching hospital.

Have you ever imagined experiencing such traumatising experience?

If you know you can't provide security for yourself, just know the possibility of being hijack is much. Cuz right now, if you are living flashy, you will definitely be a target by kidnappers.

These are some of the things few of you abroad don't value. Have you heard of kidnapping in that abroad you are right now before? These people don't care if they kill their victims. They will spray the person bullets if he tries escaping.

Pls, you guys need to really appreciate the security you enjoy abroad because here in Nigeria, without your own personal security, you can't move freely if you are a big man.

I am not saying you should not come back. But be mentally ready to experience some of the things people are experiencing here so that you won't be in shock when you experience one or two of those things. That's when you will appreciate abroad life.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by legionISproteus: 7:17pm On Apr 02
Caleb15:
Life begins at 40 ma

Oh... so it's no more "a fool at 40..." I'm sure when you were young that was how you mocked older people forgetting that you will one day get old.

These days you have been insulting your presidents because of their age. When you start pushing 80-something, una go change am to praise.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by REGINALD001(m): 7:20pm On Apr 02
NO BE EVERY STUPID TALK ONE SUPPOSE TO WASTE HIS PRECIOUS REPLY ON.......... NA ONLY 9 SECONDS I WATCHED THE VIDEO AND I WAS ABLE TO DEDUSE THAT THE LADY SPEAKING ON THAT VIDEO HAS A MENTAL PROBLEM.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by uvie66: 7:21pm On Apr 02
YesDaddyTill203:
I agree.
I left Nigeria in the 80s when I was very young.
There is no way I would have left at even 30. In fact, I thought about going back even though I was so young back then but I didn't have control of where I wanted to live. My parents were deciding for me.

Moving to another country after 40 will affect your mental being and many people around you. People think everything is about money money.
There is more to life than just making money. Quality of life is very paramount.

People who have never made money think that money is everything. Once you make money, you will realize there's more to life than just chasing money.
....so how do attain that quality of life, eating what you want to eat, sleeping in an air conditioned room, driving a good car, going on multiple holidays, and other good things of life, you need money to attain these quality. Someone that is struggling to feed will never think of all these things because he or she knows it is unattainable. Person never chop no go go spend millions on airline tickets to go London for two weeks break. Because in the first place the millions are not there.
A good quality or standard of life requires money to support it.

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Caleb15(m): 7:23pm On Apr 02
legionISproteus:

Oh... so it's no more "a fool at 40..." I'm sure when you were young that was how you mocked older people forgetting that you will one day get old.

These days you have been insulting your presidents because of their age. When you start pushing 80-something, una go change am to praise.

I am sure am not the cause of your BAD upbringing, Have a nice evening.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Tendd: 7:25pm On Apr 02
When you are above 40,stay in your country and don't try to relocate anywhere except for war or extreme poverty.The lady makes much sense.You are most likely not to live a healthy life or live longer if you begin to work menial jobs or other physically demanding jobs at that age.Contrary to what most of us think,Nigerians abroad are generally not a healthy looking people and their life expectancy is relatively low.If you have children, better send them abroad if you are more than 40 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Kogi State Polytechnic Students Die In Tanker Explosion - Pictures / Woman & Her Children Die In Accident In Rivers. Graphic Photos / See What Speed Bumps Is Causing On This Abuja Road (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.