Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady (37634 Views)

US-based Lady Reveals Why She Stopped Sending Money To Africa (Video) / If You are Doing Well In Nigeria, You Have No Business Relocating Abroad / Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by babakb: 6:24pm On Apr 02
officialwdhtvv:
You have no business relocating abroad if you’re 40 and above — Abroad-based life coach.

Take a listen to her reasons. Are they valid?

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McrGAqMWWi8

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5QnjJqypy8/?igsh=N3Uwdmg5dDRtZ3Yw

Na Dem, illegal immigrants grin grin grin

They sound so uneducated, they can't even pronounce residence permit.
It's not the age that's the problem, it's the fact that they went there illegally and are not ready to learn the language angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Ashirioluwa: 6:24pm On Apr 02
officialwdhtvv:
You have no business relocating abroad if you’re 40 and above — Abroad-based life coach.

#wetindeyhappentv

Everyone is now a motivational speaker, but about those who secure a job abroad

https://www.nairaland.com/8045088/finally-migrated-australia-age-48
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by CoronaVirusPro: 6:24pm On Apr 02
allthingsgood:

Dont waste your time

I know what I am saying. Good expertise and experience will always give you an edge.

My colleague left Haliburton Nigeria at 38, he presently balling with Chevron USA, and has done great things in a short period of time than most people who have been in the US for years .

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Cmanforall: 6:24pm On Apr 02
officialwdhtvv:

#wetindeyhappentv

For man or woman?

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by lagosrd: 6:25pm On Apr 02
officialwdhtvv:

#wetindeyhappentv

I don't have to listen to the full video, I already know the content . Let me save myself from sending out insultive post to anyone.

Fallacy of what can we call this ....
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by bablon20(m): 6:25pm On Apr 02
Thank God I went to the comment section straight. I have no free data to waste. If pesin check well well her mama 1st born wey be 52 years old still dey queue for embassies ó.

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Princewill1(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02
Hardship is everywhere it's only dvmb people that doesn't know this.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by idahme(m): 6:26pm On Apr 02
Advice from people who passed through Libya.

Some of these folks think people can't get paparrs from their comfort zone in Nigeria before relocating? People get PR and work permits before travelling. This advice is for illegal migrants, what the heck is people take ten years to get documents? So you enter Europe without documents? Wonders shall never end.

4 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by xeju: 6:27pm On Apr 02
Instead of begging oyinbo, why not come back to Africa, do the dirty jobs you're advising people and become a millionaire Is begging more honorable than than doingdirty jobs which will make you a millionaire? Whilst Iunderstand what she meant, her arguments become illogical nonsense based on her premises
officialwdhtvv:

#wetindeyhappentv

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by ekanDamie: 6:28pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

Well understood, however I would never advise anyone to migrate in their 50s as It is not worth all the hustle & bustle.
In such cases, It's better to secure funding for their kids to move abroad instead.
Yeah I agree. It doesn't make sense. Except his coming on a direct work visa
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by idahme(m): 6:28pm On Apr 02
Princewill1:
Hardship is everywhere it's only dvmb people that doesn't know this.
People who passed through Libya without documents will come out to advice people who want to relocate with a PR.

She should specify that illegal migration isn't good at that age and not those who are getting PR before they even leave Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by finallybusy: 6:30pm On Apr 02
People go wake up type or talk rubbish. Seun moderators go quickly carry am enter front page. E be like time don reach to open Twitter account. Nairaland don tire me.

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 02
finallybusy:
People go wake up type or talk rubbish. Seun moderators go quickly carry am enter front page. E be like time don reach to open Twitter account. Nairaland don tire me.

As in ehn

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by ComeToJesus: 6:32pm On Apr 02
officialwdhtvv:

#wetindeyhappentv

Stop imposing narrow minded opinions on people. We all have different destinies and paths in life. That you misstepped and lost direction isn't contingent on another person's life.

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Shikena(m): 6:32pm On Apr 02
Rubbish.

Internet access has turned people who couldn't raise their hands to answer basic questions in secondary or even primary schools into "experts". They couldn't grasp basic concepts while in developmental schools but turned to overnight experts on the internet picking a low hanging fruit topic where they can muddle up any semblance of logic.

Madam, show us your research data on this topic and define your scope of research.

4 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Bizibi(m): 6:32pm On Apr 02
ednut1:
if you travel legally age is not an issue. I have fellow Nigerians with over 20 years experience from Nigeria working in the same place i work in Canada. They mostly came for MBA or followed their younger wife in migrating.

The a writing Nigerian person in his 50s still has strength to hustle even if na menial jobs.
50's ke Starting afresh at 50 years in that system is crazy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by YesDaddyTill203: 6:32pm On Apr 02
I agree.
I left Nigeria in the 80s when I was very young.
There is no way I would have left at even 30. In fact, I thought about going back even though I was so young back then but I didn't have control of where I wanted to live. My parents were deciding for me.

Moving to another country after 40 will affect your mental being and many people around you. People think everything is about money money.
There is more to life than just making money. Quality of life is very paramount.

People who have never made money think that money is everything. Once you make money, you will realize there's more to life than just chasing money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by ednut1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 02
Bizibi:
50's ke Starting afresh at 50 years in that system is crazy.
some people are not starting afresh they just went to hustle to be able to pay for their kids schools in Nigeria and also get some people for capital before returning back home. Was common in the uk when i was there in 2005.

3 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Angelfrost(m): 6:34pm On Apr 02
I know people that relocated at 50, and succeeded in achieving the kind of greatness that eluded them while in their native country (not just Nigeria).

You Anti-Japa idiots should come up with more intelligent ways to dissuade people from joining you there.

Must you make videos and claim experts in things you are not?!! What is wrong with you Africans?!!

2 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by gabbasin: 6:34pm On Apr 02
Those who have ears, let them hear. And those who have eyes let them see. I have an aunt in her late 50s desperately trying to japa, a serving civil servant for that matter with a frail health. But to tell her all this will seem I'm discouraging her. What type of work does she think she can do abroad considering her age and not so sound health

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by vtuKiosk: 6:36pm On Apr 02
Irrespective of the age bracket, relocating to another country is a life decision that must be well thought through, possibly prayed over.

JAPA favours some but also disfavour others.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by YesDaddyTill203: 6:36pm On Apr 02
gabbasin:
Those who have ears, let them hear. And those who have eyes let them see. I have an aunt in her late 50s desperately trying to japa, a serving civil servant for that matter with a frail health. But to tell her all this will seem I'm discouraging her. What type of work does she think she can do abroad considering her age and not so sound health

Very bad idea. I hope she doesn't regret her decision later in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Dijita: 6:37pm On Apr 02
ednut1:
if you travel legally age is not an issue. I have fellow Nigerians with over 20 years experience from Nigeria working in the same place i work in Canada. They mostly came for MBA or followed their younger wife in migrating.

The a writing Nigerian person in his 50s still has strength to hustle even if na menial jobs.

A chartered accountant working as a bank manager came to the US at forty five. He is a member of my church. He worked menial jobs for about three years before getting his work authorization, I helped him to secure a job at my work as a consultant when he was 48. This is a government job. After two years, he got full time job with Barclay bank making 6 figures. That is just within 5 years. If you are a professional in Nigeria and you are ready to continue to study when you get to US and Canada, don't let people discourage you if you plan to move. I don't know much about Europe but US and Canada are not bad at all. These countries have more jobs than available skilled professionals. Especially in STEMS and accounting. My mailbox is regularly filled with companies soliciting me to come and work for them.

8 Likes

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Cantonese: 6:37pm On Apr 02
So those foreigners who are 50 and over, should leave their countries/families and relocate to Nigeria because they are overage?

At 50 and above people work and live well. Only selfish Nigerians want to travel abroad and advise others to remain in Nigeria, citing foolish reasons.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Shikena(m): 6:38pm On Apr 02
Exactly my point. Pseudo-intellectuals have no clue about properly defining the scope of their submission.

For example, here is just one of many possible research questions on this topic: "Is educational/professional background a determinant success factor for immigrants relocating from Nigeria to Canada at age 40 or above?"

I won't even bother breaking this down. It shows that some of these internet "life coaches" looking for content creation money are always punching above their weight level when it comes to "coaching". You can't give what you don't have.

ednut1:
some people are not starting afresh they just went to hustle to be able to pay for their kids schools in Nigeria and also get some people for capital before returning back home. Was common in the uk when i was there in 2005.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Tayorshd87: 6:39pm On Apr 02
joinnow:
Even 85 years old mama from Edo relocated to USA and was ask why... She said my pikin it's better to die over there and you will rest in peace.

Lol stupidity to the highest level of human endavour
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Shikena(m): 6:39pm On Apr 02
Simple! Real life examples are everywhere.

Angelfrost:
I know people that relocated at 50, and succeeded in achieving the kind of greatness that eluded them while in their native country (not just Nigeria).
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Kiapk: 6:39pm On Apr 02
Minister of aging affairs
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Teymanhenry(f): 6:42pm On Apr 02
Kelechi009:

Those cases are far different, those ones already had kids in those countries. She is referring to 40+ newly coming to struggle from the beginning.

Any 40+ that travels abroad at that age is setting themselves up for failure.

Can you give us reasons to back up your argument?

1 Like

Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by BarrElChapo(m): 6:46pm On Apr 02
Namaster:
Listened to a few seconds of the video and I can tell she's an IDIIIOT with bad intentions.

First of all, 99% of the People who travel abroad do NOT do it to make money. So the premise of her NONSENSE argument is flawed.

The amount of money that is needed to complete the process of emigration in Nigeria is MIND-BOGGLING! The idea that it's ONLY poor people looking for money that choose to travel to UK, Europe, USA, Canada, etc is just plain DUMB!

It's even dumber when you consider the fact that a 40-year old man is UNLIKELY to receive external support to finance his plans.

People who travel do it to get AWAY from the economic quagmire, political instability, infrastructural collapse and the general LAWLESSNESS that is the hallmark of the Nigerian society.

Put simply, people travel out to get a better quality of life for themselves and their families.

Anyone who thinks people are fleeing Nigeria to make money is just being DELIBERATELY obtuse.

She's advocating for staying in Nigeria and "looking for money in dirty places". She doesn't realize that all the money in Nigeria would make no difference if you fall sick and the hospitals do NOT have ordinary X-ray machine to help with the diagnosis.

For those reading this:

If it enters your body to leave Nigeria and you can afford it, LEAVE! Even if you are 99 years old, LEAVE!

Thank you for saving us the stress.
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by NothingDoMe: 6:48pm On Apr 02
ednut1:
There are people whose parents came to visit them or do omugwo in their 50s and 70s. They have refused to go back and are doing baby sitter work. Making money they could not see during their working years. Dey play 🤣
😆😆😆
Re: "You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady by Bhol28: 6:51pm On Apr 02
DEY PLAY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management / Close Kaduna-Abuja Train - Youths Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Amaechi Begins Inspection Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Modernization Project(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.