Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States (15433 Views)

NNPC To Allocate 6m Barrels Of Crude Oil To Dangote Refinery In Decembe / IMF Tells FG To Remove Electric And Fuel Subsidies, Give More Jobs / Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by naptu2: 11:37am On Apr 03
Johnjustice:

I said 'assertion', I didn't say you quoted...by your sentence everyone knew your point is that, Dangote refinery will have no positive impact on fuel and diesel prices in Nigeria, by what you wrote, this is easily summized.

This your point is invalid, not backed by empirical data or sound reason.

JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH! WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS??

First you make false allegations against me and I ask you for evidence. Of course you have no evidence, so you manufacture some fake thought that you put in my head. ARE YOU A MIND READER??

If I want to say something, I'll say it plainly. I don't need you to manufacture some nonsense for me.

It's even obvious that this statement is absolute nonsense, because the person I quoted was complaining that Dangote was not selling fuel oil in Nigeria and I asked how he could expect Dangote to sell fuel oil in Nigeria, YET YOU CLAIMED THAT I COMPLAINED THAT DANGOTE IS NOT SELLING FUEL OIL IN NIGERIA!!!

Is reading so hard? Is comprehension so hard that you have to manufacture strange things? Are you hearing strange voices in your head and is that what made you decide to put words in my mouth??
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Sleekfingers: 11:39am On Apr 03
The last time I checked, Dangote is a businessman, not running a charity organization.....

His major priority is money money money.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Afamed: 11:43am On Apr 03
Obident should stay off this thread.

This is not the time to cry
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Ikaeniyan0: 11:45am On Apr 03
michlins:
and what happens when it happens?

You will behave like a responsible person next time
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Hammylawali: 11:47am On Apr 03
Jlow2:
the dangote cement , flour, sugar etc has been making profit, When has the price ever been reduced to make it affordable for Nigerians?

You are still not getting the point. You can’t compare a job that has middlemen (that add their own fee) to a flight business.
All dangote’s product are rolled out with middlemen. That’s why if dangote’s product I’d 2 naira, they can add theirs to make it 10 naira. But flight is a direct payment platform, their 500k flight stands without a middleman adding to the price.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Perocom(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03
hakeemhakeem:

You have phone and data but you can't make use of it very well, common research of the two phrases (naptha and fuel oil)will have enlarged your knowledge

Some brains take time to boot properly.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Believeintruth: 12:35pm On Apr 03
courage89:
Does this mean that Dangote has no intention of producing petrol for Nigerian market? The naphtha that is supposed to be hydro treated, isomerized, reformed for petrol production is now being shipped to Asia and other parts of the world for petrochemical consumption.

Is it that these units (Hydrotreater, Isomerization, Catalytic Reformer and the gasoline blending system) are not available, hence the reason why they are exporting Naphtha? What’s the holdup? When are these units going to be commissioned? How long are we going to continue to import petrol?

Clarifications from the Dangote group will go a long way to shed more light around these grey areas.

What’s the difference between this strategy of exporting Naphtha and exporting crude oil/ condensates? I hope government, NNPC are paying attention to their oversight function.

When you hear news like this you now connect the dots there was a reason why he was given approval to import crude and petroleum products. This is the smoking gun
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Believeintruth: 12:42pm On Apr 03
FreeStuffsNG:

Awesome! This is great news.

The Federal Government of Nigeria through NNPC owns 20% of the Dangote Refinery. This is truly a milestone that may soon make us next exporter of refined petroleum products.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Bros are you really high on something? No pun intended, but this statement of yours makes no sense. Naphtha is used for production of petrol through further processing, there is a demand locally for petrol and instead of you to meet that demand you now export the Naphtha to Asia where they will further refine it to petrol and export back to us, where is the logic and the sense in it,
You are here screaming exporter of refined products.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Believeintruth: 12:45pm On Apr 03
Afospecialk:

You are crying like a baby

Go to front page where you see a thread of Cadbury loss. That's the only evil news that gives joy to 99.9% of IPOBidients

As for this news, we know na cry you na go cry here. 🤣🤣😀🤣

Please talk like someone with Brain abeg
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Believeintruth: 12:46pm On Apr 03
Kukutente23:
This is meaningless
Naphtha can be either from unrefined crude or by-product of refining diesel so the story is ambiguous

it's all sheer propaganda
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Believeintruth: 12:50pm On Apr 03
YesDaddyTill203:
I swear, Nigeria have some smart people but also some of the dumbest people that God has created on Earth. Just imagine these fools complaining about a private enterprise exporting a product.
These shallow zero IQ cretins thinks that these is a mom and pop shop. This is a very complex enterprise hence it will take time to come to full production of all it products.
Really sad and pathetic how dumb some of these people are.

Dude sadly you are the one that is not sensible and dumb. Naphtha is an intermediary product of fractional distillation of crude, it is further refined to produce straight run gasoline or Petrol. Now this is the question that no one can answer, why would Dangote export Naphtha when his refinery can easily refine it to produce premium straight run gasoline or Petrol? Because it makes no sense exporting Naphtha to Houston and Asia, only for them to refine it and export the converted petrol back to us.
Unless Dangote is playing double standard with this practice, with the complicity of NNPC.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by frog12: 12:53pm On Apr 03
the man is in serious debts.... no mind them
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Front0lane: 1:05pm On Apr 03
You Are mistaken his problem is not googling to find out the truth or fact, his life is ridiculed with irredeemable bigotry chronic hatred n extreme foolishness like we witnessed daily from many obidient ipob on NL.

He'd rather Dangote fail than give him any benefit to succeed. This are traits of the Pandora criminal Peter Peter Obi supporters. they foolishly assume the own monopoly to succeeding so when they see other excel such as Dangote is doing it pain n hurt their wretched souls the more.

hakeemhakeem:

You have phone and data but you can't make use of it very well, common research of the two phrases (naptha and fuel oil)will have enlarged your knowledge
iwaeda post=129240585:

So after all the propaganda,no 'dangote' fuel for Nigeria market. When you finish lieing, you will see truth. Nigeria loves liars. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry cry cry cry

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Johnjustice: 1:29pm On Apr 03
naptu2:

JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH! WHAT NONSENSE IS THIS??

First you make false allegations against me and I ask you for evidence. Of course you have no evidence, so you manufacture some fake thought that you put in my head. ARE YOU A MIND READER??

If I want to say something, I'll say it plainly. I don't need you to manufacture some nonsense for me.

It's even obvious that this statement is absolute nonsense, because the person I quoted was complaining that Dangote was not selling fuel oil in Nigeria and I asked how he could expect Dangote to sell fuel oil in Nigeria, YET YOU CLAIMED THAT I COMPLAINED THAT DANGOTE IS NOT SELLING FUEL OIL IN NIGERIA!!!

Is reading so hard? Is comprehension so hard that you have to manufacture strange things? Are you hearing strange voices in your head and is that what made you decide to put words in my mouth??
Okay I think I misconstrue your words or didn't catch your sarcasm.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by YesDaddyTill203: 1:31pm On Apr 03
Believeintruth:

Dude sadly you are the one that is not sensible and dumb. Naphtha is an intermediary product of fractional distillation of crude, it is further refined to produce straight run gasoline or Petrol. Now this is the question that no one can answer, why would Dangote export Naphtha when his refinery can easily refine it to produce premium straight run gasoline or Petrol? Because it makes no sense exporting Naphtha to Houston and Asia, only for them to refine it and export the converted petrol back to us.
Unless Dangote is playing double standard with this practice, with the complicity of NNPC.

The sad part is that most of you dumbest retards are often so blinded by tribal bias that you are incapable of using your brain to full capacity.
If Dangote had been an Igbo man, we would not even be having this discussion.

First, the Dangote refinery is a private enterprise, and its first objective is to make a profit just like any other business. Secondly, the Dangote refinery will produce products that will bring it whatever income it desires at the appropriate time within its current capacity.
While petrol is a by-product of the distillation process, the refinery, for reasons best known to them can decide to skip that step and keep the unrefined petrol in the reservoir until the time is right.

Naphtha has a low Octane level (70) hence they are not going to refine it and send it back to Nigeria. And why would Dangote do that anyway? Cutting himself out of his own proposed market. Does that make any economic sense? The Octane used in Nigeria is 90 and above.

They could also have refined petrol in their tanks but decided not to sell for whatever reason best known to them. This is business, not charity.

This is not like selling spare parts. It is the largest single-line refinery in the world. It's not inconceivable that the petroleum refinery system is still undergoing some final engineering and testing before it can start producing petrol at the right quality and quantity.
Dangote as a businessman would love nothing more than to flood the Nigerian market with petrol and make as much money as possible.
Whatever Dangote decides to do with his refinery is none of your business. You can go and start your refinery, no one is stopping you.

BYE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Believeintruth: 1:49pm On Apr 03
YesDaddyTill203:

The sad part is that most of you dumbest retards are often so blinded by tribal bias that you are incapable of using your brain to full capacity.
If Dangote had been an Igbo man, we would not even be having this discussion.

First, the Dangote refinery is a private enterprise, and its first objective is to make a profit just like any other business. Secondly, the Dangote refinery will produce products that will bring it whatever income it desires at the appropriate time within its current capacity.
While petrol is a by-product of the distillation process, the refinery, for reasons best known to them can decide to skip that step and keep the unrefined petrol in the reservoir until the time is right.

Naphtha has a low Octane level (70) hence they are not going to refine it and send it back to Nigeria. And why would Dangote do that anyway? Cutting himself out of his own proposed market. Does that make any economic sense? The Octane used in Nigeria is 90 and above.

They could also have refined petrol in their tanks but decided not to sell for whatever reason best known to them. This is business, not charity.

This is not like selling spare parts. It is the largest single-line refinery in the world. It's not inconceivable that the petroleum refinery system is still undergoing some final engineering and testing before it can start producing petrol at the right quality and quantity.
Dangote as a businessman would love nothing more than to flood the Nigerian market with petrol and make as much money as possible.
Whatever Dangote decides to do with his refinery is none of your business. You can go and start your refinery, no one is stopping you.

BYE

you really dont' know how to lie walahi. Do you think you can deceive people with lies. Low Octane rating for fuel can be easily improved by the use of additives during the refining process of Naphtha.

You are the real retard here. Try and have sense abeg.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Big2nelson: 1:58pm On Apr 03
Penguin2:
Instead of selling to the Nigerian market to help crash the price of fuel, na US be their priority.

They told us to endure the high price of fuel that once Dangote starts refining the price will come down. Dangote don dey refine and na foreign country be their first point of call.

No wahala!

The people that were convulsing in the mouth because AirPeace Crew wore Isiagu won’t have any issues with this since it’s not Igbo man business.

Modified:

He needs to sell abroad to raise foreign exchange which will be beneficial to Nigeria and the company itself as most of it's machineries and equipment are imported and priced in dollars.
He's already flooding the Nigerian market with Diesel and Aviation fuel.
We will get there. It's just a matter of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Tunde835(m): 3:03pm On Apr 03
Putindbutt:

Wailers have landed, ask them if they want to use naptha and fuel oil to fry egg at home. i don't know what the tears is all about. same refinery they say won't refine a drop of fuel until 2026.
Abi o. They seem to think it's okay to trash Nigeria.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Segzy19: 4:51pm On Apr 03
Seems a lot of negative commenters here don't even know what naphta and fuel oil are used for...
To them, everything is propaganda, which is their new buzz word.....

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Konquest: 5:41pm On Apr 03
naptu2:
Marhelm is a Singapore based platform that provides shipping data, commodities, and trade flow analysis.

Marhelm @Marhelmdata

https://twitter.com/MarhelmData/status/1775132418313195843?t=sq7vPzKqhcTYusfgBoZMwA&s=19
That's a giant leap for the petrochemical industry.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by PHAYOL81: 6:12pm On Apr 03
Talked about this in the morning, I guess, on a thread.
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by rinzaugustine: 6:19pm On Apr 03
Penguin2:
Instead of selling to the Nigerian market to help crash the price of fuel, na US be their priority.

They told us to endure the high price of fuel that once Dangote starts refining the price will come down. Dangote don dey refine and na foreign country be their first point of call.

No wahala!

The people that were convulsing in the mouth because AirPeace Crew wore Isiagu won’t have any issues with this since it’s not Igbo man business.
There is no refinery there, carcass..all is just fraud to get forex at cheapest rate as usual, import fuel like independent marketers and continue his monopoly of cement importation
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by iwaeda: 7:32pm On Apr 03
Front0lane:
You Are mistaken his problem is not googling to find out the truth or fact, his life is ridiculed with irredeemable bigotry chronic hatred n extreme foolishness like we witnessed daily from many obidient ipob on NL.

He'd rather Dangote fail than give him any benefit to succeed. This are traits of the Pandora criminal Peter Peter Obi supporters. they foolishly assume the own monopoly to succeeding so when they see other excel such as Dangote is doing it pain n hurt their wretched souls the more.

Truth steers you in the face, but you love lies. Do yo know the workings of refineries? At least 3km you will hear humming and flashing of of PSV gasses. Did anyone around that area noticed any of such. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by IbeOkehie: 10:41pm On Apr 03
How much will Nigerians pay for the petrol? Will government continue to pay subsidy?

That's all we want to know.

Good Luck to Nigeria
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by BALLOSKI: 1:28am On Apr 04
hakeemhakeem:

The same thing modular refinery are doing - selling naphtha. That's not good for us
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by Front0lane: 9:19am On Apr 04
OK I hear you when can we expect hopping n flashing of PSV gasses from Orient Refinery the Pandora criminal n bastard Peter Obi wasted over ₦4 billion of Anambra state money one. It is close to almost 20 years after commissioning when do we expect same humming sound you expect of Dangote Refinery from Orient Refinery knowing that Orient was commission over a decade n half ago.

iwaeda:

Truth steers you in the face, but you love lies. Do yo know the workings of refineries? At least 3km you will hear humming and flashing of of PSV gasses. Did anyone around that area noticed any of such. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery Ships Naphtha To Asia And Fuel Oil To The United States by iwaeda: 9:54am On Apr 04
Front0lane:
OK I hear you when can we expect hopping n flashing of PSV gasses from Orient Refinery the Pandora criminal n bastard Peter Obi wasted over ₦4 billion of Anambra state money one. It is close to almost 20 years after commissioning when do we expect same humming sound you expect of Dangote Refinery from Orient Refinery knowing that Orient was commission over a decade n half ago.

Dangote is only importing and exporting. Enyin omo ara Galatia. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Names Of 1966 Coup Plotters.judge For Your Self & Say If It Was An Igbo Coup / APC: We Will Never Allow Ex-convict Joshua Dariye To Contest Election / Court Adjourns Sowore & Bakare's Fundamental Rights Suit To March 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.