Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga (15345 Views)

FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by chuksbobby12: 4:40pm On Apr 03
ceejay80s:
Let's continue to come online and shout...
Let's no go out and fight...
TiNubu scare everyone one with toll gate shooting and since then everyone turn mumu, I am ready to lead us all to the battle of Nigerian history .
Enough is enough, if we don't teach them lesson , they will never learn

Lol, Chijioke nwanne m, don't bring a fight against your own people . Even your people are still punished for endsars protest. Nigeria is simply too big to be one country , but the greed for the money generated from the oil in NIGER DELTA will not allow your leaders to admit this fact. We are not mentally prepared to rule ourselves
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by chuksbobby12: 4:44pm On Apr 03
zeyt:
The biggest mistake the FG made in the power industry is privatization of NEPA. The entire Generation plants cannot operate to the full capacity due to low remittance from DISCOS. The DISCOS incur about 60 percent loss in the course of their operations.
The problem is that the Generation can't supply enough Megawatts to the National grid even if they do the Transmission infrastructure cant bear the load. While majority of the people and businesses cant afford to pay for 24hour power supply due to high level of poverty. So stable power supply in Nigeria with current arrangement is just a pipe dream.
who is to blame ?
Now the government is planning to remove subsidy on electricity and once again running away from its responsibility even further.
With high level of poverty in the country government is everything for the populace.

You are intelligent , but i want to ask o
*Ghana and Benin that have steady electricity supply , do they currently pay higher than we do ? If they do, can the tariff be increased to what they pay do that we can pay it and have steady electricity supply like them
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by mex22: 4:51pm On Apr 03
Were those useless emilokans.Shebi una don dey alright now
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Bluntemperor: 6:22pm On Apr 03
COMPAQ:

There is no need to thank PMB or PBAT! The concept ab initio was for geometric to run an integrated GENCO, and DISCO combined.

Ok,there is someone in form of Buhari- who did not allowed it, unless,you connect to National Grid,yet,there is a Tinubu-who says,go and do whatever,but here now you are making mouth!
Which Concept without authority or authorisation is useless and that is what Buhari did!
Continue your ungratefulness!
Note: we know you are the kind that don't appreciate, even the Governor and Prof Nnaji, knows what I'm saying here but since there is election loss, you can continue with your attitude!
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Phred1717: 7:12pm On Apr 03
Emilekan to the cloud... Weldon my President. Keep doing the what you know how to do(poverty) to your follow agbados
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Fearyourcreator: 10:33pm On Apr 03
yewit37486:

How does having prepaid change the point he was making?
How will you pay for energy you did not use on prepaid ... Or prepaid meter you get charged for energy you did not use cus I don't understand what you wan drag now ... I no understand abeg let me
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by yewit37486: 10:44pm On Apr 03
Fearyourcreator:

How will you pay for energy you did not use on prepaid ... Or prepaid meter you get charged for energy you did not use cus I don't understand what you wan drag now ... I no understand abeg let me

Comprehension is clearly an issue for you. Read his comment again and explain the correlation to the non-point you are making. Did he in any way imply in his comment that he does not have prepaid?!

Ofunaofu:
We are being given darkness as electricity, and they still have the effrontery to tell us that the amount we pay for the darkness is not enough, that it's not realistic paying such tariffs for electricity darkness

Honestly, these current Nigerian leaders at the helm of affairs are from the pit of hell. 
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Fearyourcreator: 11:37pm On Apr 03
yewit37486:

Comprehension is clearly an issue for you. Read his comment again and explain the correlation to the non-point you are making. Did he in any way imply in his comment that he does not have prepaid?!

You be werey ... Confirmed werey ... You don even enter market
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by yewit37486: 11:40pm On Apr 03
Fearyourcreator:

You be werey ... Confirmed werey ... You don even enter market

Good to see you've described yourself. 👍
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Fearyourcreator: 11:44pm On Apr 03
yewit37486:

Good to see you've described yourself. 👍
You be werey ... What is it to comprehend... Oloshi... Dem dey charge for prepaid wey light no dey ... Or you no Sabi prepaid .. you come dey even talk am like ...Inshort oloriburuku ni e... Little thing your papa get comprehension problem... Olofo ... Why he no buy prepaid ?
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by OALandAgents: 12:11am On Apr 04
Stop saying APC are wicked, Tinubu is weekend because Buhari did not show Nigerians Shege like Tinubu is doing.
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by ufotunang: 12:46am On Apr 04
That is why nigerians really needed Peter obi...with Peter obi all this hike in electricity light bill would not had happened
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by bishop212(m): 8:40am On Apr 04
from N68 to N200 per kilowatts hour. that is we are heading towards 5 units per1k prepaid meter card. ok
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Mrpojj(m): 9:51am On Apr 04
sterlingD:

I remember the last minister for Finance Zainab during Buhari's administration said that they had stealthy or rather quietly removed subsidy from power or were they not telling us the truth
The truth of the matter is when you hear subsidy removal
Just know they wanna increase price
Subsidy is the word they use to increase price
Buhari remove the so called subsidy in power, I remember vividly they went on radio, to say it will help increase power distribution and generation
Now they are here again
8 years later they will remove subsidy again
Nigerians we too dey forget
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by sterlingD(m): 10:20am On Apr 04
Mrpojj:

The truth of the matter is when you hear subsidy removal
Just know they wanna increase price
Subsidy is the word they use to increase price
Buhari remove the so called subsidy in power, I remember vividly they went on radio, to say it will help increase power distribution and generation
Now they are here again
8 years later they will remove subsidy again
Nigerians we too dey forget
This country eh the more you see the less you understand Abracadabra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sowore’s Campaign Signals The End Of Godfatherism In Nigerian Politics / PDP Blasts Buhari, Says He Has Nothing To Present To UN / Ekiti 2022: Fayose, Ayu Sold Out PDP To APC - Segun Oni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.