Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga (15348 Views)

FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / FG To End โ‚ฆ30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year โ€” Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by prothrombin(m): 7:19am On Apr 03
Make una just kuku kill us

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by BadMaster: 7:20am On Apr 03
We have never had a government this useless.

9 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by IamANigerianMan: 7:22am On Apr 03
gaby:
It is well with the poor masses.

nothing like poor mass here, which subsidy? this a broad day robbery by Tony Elumelu and co.... we need meter not subsidy!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by omoredia: 7:23am On Apr 03
Fools will run a very expensive govt cos they will never have enough to loot

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by tivta(m): 7:24am On Apr 03
Ta
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Greattha: 7:24am On Apr 03
Tighten the noose.

Afterall the Nigerian youth is docile- Amaechi.

Billions being embezzled but they're hoping it will somehow favour them and theirs.

At this rate, they will govern only themselves or the dead.

7 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by lagosrd: 7:24am On Apr 03
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/current-electricity-tariff-no-longer-realistic-says-presidency/?fbclid=IwAR34_72B3730syIg1Vj4lhcTBiCO6rJkZTBLeDzkVdhMbbcFX-5qXRH5F4Q

The FG needs to calm down first and not buy another dummy in the name of subsidy . They should take a critical indepth analysis in comparison with the immediate past fuel subsidy wahala.

If FG doesn't take the bill by the horn, the whole thing will collapse on us all.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by faceland: 7:25am On Apr 03
Give Nigerians stable electricity, let's weigh our options.
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Nice2023(m): 7:25am On Apr 03
All of u supporting this govt have not seen anything yet.

Ur parents can't afford to feed many of u here but bigotry will not allow u to have common sense.

This govt is not interested in creating millionaires but palliative driven economy (poor people). Tax,tax and keep taxing the people.

I really pity those who still have hope in this hopeless govt.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Confirm4real(m): 7:25am On Apr 03
Campaign money of Emilokan must be regained if you know you know cheesy

Hunger wey go wire Emilokan supporters still dey do press up...

7 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by faceland: 7:28am On Apr 03
IamANigerianMan:

nothing like poor mass here, which subsidy? this a broad day robbery by Tony Elumelu and co.... we need meter not subsidy!

We would self regulate. (Off the power when going out, if freezer over freeze, shut it off for some hours). That is better that the current unstable power (only if power supply would improve).
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Devaro: 7:28am On Apr 03
Just tired.

Those who support this president of our great country show your face.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Thegamingorca(m): 7:29am On Apr 03
Gbadugbakun:
We would be paying more than double of what we were paying before for darkness. Ronu people I hope you're all happy. Because very soon the average Nigerian wouldn't be able to afford electricity

Nah them go first enter street to complain grin

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by faceland: 7:30am On Apr 03
lagosrd:

The FG needs to calm down first and not buy another dummy in the name of subsidy . They should take a critical indepth analysis in comparison with the immediate past fuel subsidy wahala.

If FG doesn't take the bill by the horn, the whole thing will collapse on us all.

Yeah, business might increase price (if it is higher than running diesel generators). I hope another inflation doesn't happen.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by oladele00(m): 7:31am On Apr 03
If it's for the best interest of the nation so be it. But if it's another avenue to loot and subject people to more hardship then it should be discarded.
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Greattha: 7:32am On Apr 03
Even if you use a bullhorn or hit them in the face with this truth, they will brand you an enemy.

Guess the strategy is to keep them religious, poor and hungry so they can't think

Bigotry and foolish/senseless servitude is a disease.

Nice2023:
All of u supporting yhis govt have not seen anything yet.

Ur parents can't afford to feed many of u here but bigotry will not allow u to have common sense.

This govt is not interested in creating millionaires but palliative driven economy (poor people). Tax,tax and keep taxing the people.

I really pity those who still have hope in this hopeless govt.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Enskynelson(m): 7:32am On Apr 03
Let them remove it but we should even be seeing the light first before talking about subsidy removal.
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by lagosrd: 7:32am On Apr 03
faceland:

Yeah, business might increase price (if it is higher than running diesel generators). I hope another inflation doesn't happen.

The cabals are in all sectors . Their cash cow is power, fuel and healthcare, finance. They must show interest in all those sectors. Very insatiable set of people.

No lights and yet an increase in electricity bill is eminent. I just hope their greed will not push the people against the government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by VaginaAcademic: 7:32am On Apr 03
As a pre-paid metre user I only pay when I like solar power is my favorite

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by FireUpNow(m): 7:33am On Apr 03
With all the budget padding. Robbing the poor to finance the greedy thieves who are senators.nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by KushLyon(m): 7:37am On Apr 03
So they want to remove it again? I thought they removed it last year

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by efemena5050(m): 7:40am On Apr 03
Don't ever blame the government for the reckleness and wickedness they always infused on the people ....but rather blame the people for not being alive to their rights and pains ..........Na see finish go make person slap u even after u tell am ur sorry ......"like wat can u even do if I slap u" with all the epileptic electricity,surge in food prices , insecurities, restiveness,low per Capita income,low minimum wage,massive greed corruptions,etc.....the only thing they could think of is ,, more hardship on us....then ....I must...say this
Nigerians are indeed stupid selected people confined in a place ....this is too much .......we are so divided due to tribe and religion .....WAKE UP NIGERIANS THIS PEOPLE DON SEE US FINISH ..... .all die na die......cowards .....mumu

5 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by stacyadams: 7:40am On Apr 03
Deluxewize:
Apc will run this country to the ground.

No

APC ran the country to the ground grin

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Dpharisee: 7:42am On Apr 03
Meanwhile you are subsidising religion with N90b grin

7 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by able20(m): 7:42am On Apr 03
Tinubu support groups make una see who are the real Enemies of Nigeria.
Tinubu, Akpabio, and all of the APC leaders are the enemies, they are just pieces of shit

6 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by billyG(m): 7:43am On Apr 03
For which electricity provided?this government has not done anything thing positive.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Deogratiasfx: 7:45am On Apr 03
gaby:
It is well with the poor masses.

Some of these poor masses will call u enemy of Nigeria when u talk.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:45am On Apr 03
i don't even understand this government of ours..."huge cost of gas" as how? are we still buying gas when i thought we are the ones exporting and selling gas worldwide? i learnt we have one of the largest gas reserves in AFRICA so what is the rational for increase in gas connected to increasing tariff?
you are increasing electricity tariff for urban areas from N68 to N200, do they even know what they are doing? how can they justify this increase when some urban areas don't have constant electricity!
i just hope they knew what they are doing!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Brushstrokes20: 7:46am On Apr 03
The shyyythole is being ruled by a bunch of self serving THIEVES, but in the fullness ofโŒš time they will meet their impending Waterloo ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ’ฏ

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Onyema190: 7:46am On Apr 03
May God help us in this country. There's nothing much to say again.
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Deogratiasfx: 7:47am On Apr 03
efemena5050:
Don't ever blame the government for the reckleness and wickedness they always infused on the people ....but rather blame the people for not being alive to their rights and pains ..........Na see finish go make person slap u even after u tell am ur sorry ......"like wat can u even do if I slap u" with all the epileptic electricity,surge in food prices , insecurities, restiveness,low per Capita income,low minimum wage,massive greed corruptions,etc.....the only thing they could think of is ,, more hardship on us....then ....I must...say this
Nigerians are indeed stupid selected people confined in a place ....this is too much .......we are so divided due to tribe and religion .....WAKE UP NIGERIANS THIS PEOPLE DON SEE US FINISH ..... .all die na die......cowards .....mumu

You just said the sad truth...... Foolish Nigerians!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos - With Pictures / 'Jonathan Testifying For Dasuki In Court Is Desirable'- Dasuki's Lawyer A. Raji / Be Patient With My Government - Buhari Begs ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.