Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga (15295 Views)

FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / FG To End ₦30 Billion Monthly Electricity Subsidy Next Year — Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Johnjustice: 7:48am On Apr 03
This is nonsense, the people will protest, what about the savings from the removal of fuel subsidy?

What is the people enjoying in this nation?

Is Nigeria for politicians, only politicians are enjoying billions while the people suffer.

FG should take from excess savings from the stoppage of fuel subsidy and pay for electricity...FG should stop giving governors all the excesses from fuel subsidy stoppage, these governors are massive embezzlers, history has shown, FG should be using this excesses to subsidize electricity.

This is madness, fuel is high, naira is low, and now you want to increase electricity...is this not economic suicide?

FG, what are Nigerians enjoying from the largese of crude oil sales, increase in tax net and revenue, what do we benefit?

We see you people buying vehicles for billions with national revenue, but when it comes to the people, no money...evil politicians.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Adeolajude(m): 7:48am On Apr 03
They are very right..Nigerians deserve to pay high for darkness. In the future they should also look into how to remove subsidy from the air Nigerians breath.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by samwash(m): 7:53am On Apr 03
I nor just kwn waytin to talk, no light in the first place but you wan increase the price of electricity.
How this government go talk encourage SME start ups, this government is not ready at all for youths empowerment, they are ready to kill the dreams of every Nigerian youths who wants to legitimately make it in life.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Mrpojj(m): 8:02am On Apr 03
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/current-electricity-tariff-no-longer-realistic-says-presidency/?fbclid=IwAR34_72B3730syIg1Vj4lhcTBiCO6rJkZTBLeDzkVdhMbbcFX-5qXRH5F4Q
Omo this people they use us play, subsidy wey them remove for buhari time...
Them wan remove am again
They know we Nigerians easily forget

4 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by 1x2x3: 8:09am On Apr 03
The events unfolding in Abia serve as a poignant reminder that the stewardship of leadership is paramount. While the wrong incumbent may bemoan circumstances, the rightful custodian will adeptly navigate the available resources to orchestrate remarkable feats. Even if the tariff surges to 200 per kilowatt, one can confidently assert that the purported savings from subsidy removal will not yield substantive benefits. It is not a matter of financial destitution, but rather the inept handling of our invaluable resources.

Look at the other subsidies they removed, how has it benefitted the masses, what have they done with the money?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by LordBillionz: 8:12am On Apr 03
Jflex07:
Helinus come and defend your master. Jobless keypad warrior.
Yarimo and FreeStuffNg too

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Panda7(m): 8:16am On Apr 03
Electricity companies are idiots. Bringing bills when you cant account for how much each consumers had use the light is no brainer. Asking each house to pay as much as 6k-12k everymonth without a rate is no brainer. My wires rather remain down than to pay those compound asha.wo fools.

I remember when bills were steady and you had to pay 2k/month for steady electricity now those idiots wants to bill you excessively for epileptic power supply. My advice is if you dont have the needed infrastructure dont bother homes with your insecurities

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Pylony(m): 8:19am On Apr 03
APC is the worse thing to have happen to the masses since 2015, what in particular are Nigerians smiling from benefiting from their style of Governance? The power sector has experience more than 80 series of collapse since the incompetent Government got to power, in a nut shell, it has collapse just like their poverty yielding Government

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by cococandy(f): 8:20am On Apr 03
Tell me how a business that depends on electricity is supposed to survive.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Niok: 8:24am On Apr 03
My God even if you're Yoruba atleast try dey support the right thing
And not just because na your brother dey power....
How will this not suffocate the masses ?when we are already adjusting to the petroleum subsidy removal hardship

4 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Niok: 8:28am On Apr 03
VaginaAcademic:
As a pre-paid metre user I only pay when I like solar power is my favorite
solar no dey carry everything for house at once ogbeni

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by emelda86(f): 8:28am On Apr 03
Let him kuku remove power supply from Nigeria we are use to generator tufiakwa...

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by emelda86(f): 8:29am On Apr 03
Niok:
My God even if you're Yoruba atleast try dey support the right thing
And not just because na your brother dey power....
How will this not suffocate the masses ?when we are already adjusting to the petroleum subsidy removal hardship

For where, especially that APC supporters they always turn blind eye to relivant things.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Reloadedisraelp: 8:32am On Apr 03
Chimarto:
Tinubu just kill us
cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by 49cents(m): 8:32am On Apr 03
All the APC riff raff commemters....are waiting inn their coven whatsapp group to receive instructions on what to say about this...there is no well it can be well with you in this life for being a bigotry and supporting the suffering of many because of tribal and religious considerations

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by jayce232: 8:32am On Apr 03
oladele00:
If it's for the best interest of the nation so be it. But if it's another avenue to loot and subject people to more hardship then it should be discarded.
Be honest with yourself, what have u or the average Nigerian benefited from fuel subsidy removal? It's almost a year fuel subsidy was removed, what can u categorically point to that an average Nigerian is benefitting? We are still borrowing. We are now buying fuel at 700 per litre, what is the difference as to when we were buying at 185? It is has been increase upon increase since swearing in, but minimum wage still remain same. The way we treat ourselves as Blacks, everyday I wonder why God created the black man.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Reloadedisraelp: 8:35am On Apr 03
cococandy:
Tell me how a business that depends on electricity is supposed to survive.
electricity or darkness?🙄
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:48am On Apr 03
#68 to #200 per kW...

Mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

How will we know the 15% the subsidy removal is supposed to affect? The electricity distribution company I know will just make the increase across board...

2 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Jakumo(m): 8:50am On Apr 03
1x2x3:
The events unfolding in Abia serve as a poignant reminder that the stewardship of leadership is paramount. While the wrong incumbent may bemoan circumstances, the rightful custodian will adeptly navigate the available resources to orchestrate remarkable feats. Even if the tariff surges to 200 per kilowatt, one can confidently assert that the purported savings from subsidy removal will not yield substantive benefits. It is not a matter of financial destitution, but rather the inept handling of our invaluable resources.

Look at the other subsidies they removed, how has it benefitted the masses, what have they done with the money?

Holy chit man, you write as though writing is your profession.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by bentenny(m): 8:58am On Apr 03
Why increase electricity tariff when you are yet to fix the constant national grid breakdown?
More like paying excessively for services not provided!
This only happens in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Gentlevip: 9:04am On Apr 03
Is there no business mind to offer alternative power for us. We need multiples
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Ken4Christ: 9:19am On Apr 03
Just take your attention away from this wicked and unreasonable leaders and find a way to triumph over the difficulties in this present government.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Emmy909: 9:31am On Apr 03
LET THE POOR BREATH, DONT SUFFORCATE THEM undecided

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by sprints1: 9:33am On Apr 03
Nepa wants increase and removal of light sunsidy so that they can milk us to death. Tinubu will surely conform to them. That is why the grid is collapsing everyday... but when he annouces his proposed 60-75k minimum wage they he will have useless excuse to remove subsidy
nedu666:
From 68 naira to 200 naira per kwh. Despite that phcn will still supply darkness at exorbitant rate

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by sprints1: 9:34am On Apr 03
Yampotatocarrot:
#68 to #200 per kW...

Mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

How will we know the 15% the subsidy removal is supposed to affect? The electricity distribution company I know will just make the increase across board...
so meaning Discos like enugu will be charging 300 naira per Kwh
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by gabbasin: 9:36am On Apr 03
Let's be sincere here, if we want any semblance of stability in power supply, the tariff has to go up, but with a caveat: all customers have to be metered. Without a cost reflective tariff there will little or no investment in the power sector.
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by jaxxy(m): 9:51am On Apr 03
More shege. Lol
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by COMPAQ(m): 9:57am On Apr 03
CodeTemplar:

Above all, no prepaid metre to measure what is being used. Even crude oil isn't being metred.

Metering is the main issue. All the comments about paying for darkness have no basis if that person is metered, cos you only pay for what you use.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by benjaminlawson(m): 10:00am On Apr 03
I only pity the families of these wicked people called our leaders, by the time God begin to deal with them, all their family members will not be speared. Can you immerging, removal of subsidy on virtually everything in Nigeria; education, health, fuel, electricity etc, not because there is no money to pay it, but purely to have more money to steal, that is why verification of name only will cost our government nearly 500 million naira, sinking of a borehole for 190 million naira instead of less than 10 million naira, renovation of undilapidated building for 15 billion naira, the list is endless. They should not forget that those that ruled this country wickedly faced one judgment of God or the other.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by benjaminlawson(m): 10:04am On Apr 03
COMPAQ:

Metering is the main issue. All the comments about paying for darkness have no basis if that person is metered, cos you only pay for what you use.

Are you part of them? People are complaining of increase in price of energy from 65 to 200 naira, and you are talking of meter, would meter reduce the price.

1 Like

Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by COMPAQ(m): 10:15am On Apr 03
benjaminlawson:

Are you part of them? People are complaining of increase in price of energy from 65 to 200 naira, and you are talking of meter, would meter reduce the price.

Go and read the post i quoted on and the post that one was quoted on to understand the context of my post.

And yes, I firmly believe that the cost has to go up to save the industry. However, I do believe that the poor must be protected and I have shared my solutions to deal with this in the past. If this were implemented, it would keep the cost reasonable for the actual poor.

https://www.nairaland.com/7963173/nerc-sell-kaduna-electric-over#127851494
Re: FG To Remove Electricity Subsidy, Current Tariff Rates Unrealistic - Onanuga by Bluntemperor: 10:19am On Apr 03
Adeolajude:
They are very right..Nigerians deserve to pay high for darkness. In the future they should also look into how to remove subsidy from the air Nigerians breath.

Economic Reality And The Power Minister:
I'm sure Mr Onanuga is not economical with the Truth.
He is drawing a very wrong Narratives that Mr Adebayo Adelabu-has been proposing since he came to Power and it can Only make this Tinubu govt Unpopular because since this govt came to Power almost 11- Months ago,Nigerians have withnessed more Darkness than ever- by tellingly us that ' You want to remove Subsidies in Power Sector'e g ,as I'm writing here- no light Since yesterday Morning and this is how it has been since the Power Minister came and is not getting better!
-From that day you made the Statements, lights by All DISCOS was given just for 5 or 6- hours during the day,the rest of 18-Hours of Day and Nights - is Total Darkness!
1. Nigerians now have Complete Darkness than before you came- because the Minister was Sold a dummy by the DISCOS and he keys into it!
But what happens in these DISCOS is due to Fraud and Corruption!
2.Can the Minister of Power- show Nigerians- the Area, even his Constituency in Oyo State - if they are better off? For a Minister of Power to be using a power Bank- shows you how serious we are in finding Solutions to Power Sector! So,who is deceiving who?
3.If the Minister thinks he is deceiving the Masses - how many Transformers, and Prepaid Meters,has he brought to different Regions in Nigeria,since he resumed - let him come and give Accounts ?
4. For Mr Onanuga to come and tell the Same Narratives - that they need to remove another Subsidies - especially when the People are not enjoying any Services, other than Darkness,then we wait for another Elections and you think when it's quarter to,we will thank you,we are waiting and watching!
5 Is this not the World Bank and IMF Agenda - that you are trying to Implement - that does not take care of the People?
6.Till today,we are yet to see the Positive effects of the Oil Subsidies - you removed since May 2023-last year-
•How much have your Govt made? ------Please,show us the Monthly Revenue Oil Money, afterall,you are not running a Closed- Economy - in America, daily accruing in Oil Sectors is showing to the Populace!
• Where are the Functional Refineries - your govt promised?
• Where are the Palliatives you Promised the Workers, the Retirees, and the Masses,for since the Corruption in Poverty Alieviation Ministry, everything has been Stopped,as if the Masses are the sinners?
• How many Youths Employments-have you Created? Please,show us Sector- by -Sector!
Rather, what we see now is that you are making the Masses to become more Poorer and Poorer by your Subsidies Removal Economics .
That is the hard Economic Reality!
--Low Salaries - No Savings -----Low Consumption - No Investment!
Interestingly,the Executives + Legislatures are enjoying the Palliatives , including the Corruption in Constituency Projects!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court Uphold Ortom's Victory, Dismisses Tarzoor's Case / Senate Committee Uncovers Employment Scam In FCSC / BREAKING: Again, Yoruba Traditional Ruler Kidnapped By Fulani Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.