Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC (9635 Views)

My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah / Ministerial List: Joe Abah Reacts As He Didn’t Make Buhari’s List / Onnoghen Vs FG: Dr. Joe Abah Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by naptu2: 5:04am On Apr 05
Dr Joe Abah @DrJoeAbah

Dear @aedcelectricity, why don’t we do this: if you can commit to supplying me 20 hours electricity per day for 3 months, I will pay you N1 million, which I will deposit, in advance, today, with @NERCNG, as an independent arbiter who will confirm how much electricity I got in the period.

If you meet the target, you can keep the N1 million and I will pay any extra if the N1 million doesn’t cover the bill You can also disconnect me until I pay the balance.

If you don’t meet the target, @NERCNG will return my money and I will not pay anything for the 3 months. Deal?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by naptu2: 5:05am On Apr 05
Many other people soon joined the challenge.

Ehi$ @cool_djsoul

I will add 100k to this deal. Even 12hrs we hardly see, talk less of 20-23hrs… This is just a scam.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by meum: 5:38am On Apr 05
They won’t accept the challenge.

The 20hours power supply on band A is a scam. Where I stay is categorized under band A. As at yesterday, we had light for a total of 10hours. 20 hours was promised to justify the N225 per kW. How is 10hours now equal to 20 hours?

Last year, EKEDC increased the tariff promising 20 hours power supply. We were paying more per kW. Did they deliver on the promise? Yes, but it lasted only a few weeks. Was the tariff reduced to what it was after they failed to deliver as promised? NO. During the few weeks it lasted, national grid collapse never affected our power supply. That’s when I realized that power can improve in the country if they want it to.

As for this their ‘band A’ scam, it’s just a way of increasing electricity tariff without causing protests. E go reach everybody. The issue be say power supply no go improve.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by DenreleDave(m): 5:58am On Apr 05
grin grin grin grin grin

I have been praying and fasting hoping that our Metre is not on band A, B or C

Make we just dey like band H, W, Z, Y
I can't be using the little momey from my hustle to pay nepa bill...

Meanwhile I have a IPhone Xr 64gb for Sale, I wan use pay Nepa & Lawma bill abeg then use the rest chop

Check my profile.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by daniska3yaro(m): 6:00am On Apr 05
Hiii
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Bobloco: 6:01am On Apr 05
All these Band A, Band B or whatever is rubbish

Just a back door to general electricity tariff hike

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by helinues: 6:02am On Apr 05
Toh

10 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by greenermodels: 6:02am On Apr 05
Nigeria is a crime scene, the Nigeria is becoming like the biblical Israel where one can't eat unless he's a liar or a thief. Calling Nigeria a zoo or a shithole was an understatement. She's worse than that.

19 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:04am On Apr 05
Fff
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by oliverwrites: 6:05am On Apr 05
I honestly don't mind joining this challenge if Ikeja distribution company is up for it. This new tariff thing is obviously a scam and I hope people fight this big time.

I personally don't mind paying 225 per kilo watt but only if they are delivering on what is promised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by nedu666: 6:05am On Apr 05
Eventually everyone will end up in band A. It's a matter of time. Tinubu has sold the country to imf

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Blitzerz: 6:06am On Apr 05
Tarrif hike a lie from the pit of hell.

They dont want people to protest thats why they want to make it look like they are increasing tarrif for only rich people.

They are going to increase for everyone.

This is deceit

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by oliverwrites: 6:07am On Apr 05
meum:

The 20hours power supply on band A is a scam. Where I stay is categorized under band A. As at yesterday, we had light for a total of 10hours. 20 hours was promised to justify the N225 per kW. How is 10hours now equal to 20 hours?

Last year, EKEDC increased the tariff promising 20 hours power supply. We were paying more per kW. Did they deliver on the promise? Yes, but it lasted only a few weeks. Was the tariff reduced to what it was after they failed to deliver as promised? NO. During the few weeks it lasted, national grid collapse never affected our power supply. That’s when I realized that power can improve in the country if they want it to.

As for this their ‘band A’ scam, it’s just a way of increasing electricity tariff without causing protests. E go reach everybody. The issue be say power supply no go improve.
Something has to give, I think there will eventually be mad protests. You can't give people so little and expect so much. The suffering will get to people and eventually there will be protests not on just the electricity issue alone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Watinhapen(m): 6:11am On Apr 05
You people that even have light for 10 hours per day are enjoying. I haven’t seen Nepa light for the past 3 days now. Whenever they like is when they bring it and it doesn’t last for up to 3 hours for the whole day

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Teymanhenry(f): 6:12am On Apr 05
meum:

Na to carry placards enter every AEDC office in Nigeria. Nigerians are used to complaining and not doing a thing about it. These people have been oppressing and impoverishing us at will. Yet all we do is to sit under trees and complain. The protest should be nation wide

9 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by LadyRosa(f): 6:13am On Apr 05
grin
Ko kan aye!

Na By- pass sure pass cool

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Adeolajude(m): 6:13am On Apr 05
These useless government is very wise..they want to use the band A (who they speculate are classy people) to test run how to place everyone on band A. Before extending to the ghetos in order to prevent chaos. The certainly know if they start from gheto and ask those ones to pay what they can't afford..many nepa will be lynched while disconnecting light.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by adebayo201: 6:15am On Apr 05
The hike in power tariff is all smoke and screen.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:18am On Apr 05
The problems are Nigerian , they didn't fight during fuel , they add another one. But this one ,no bi soo , na my freezer goo suffer, I dey upgrade to 2.5 kva solar panel den disconnect the light, we that only have light once in a week....he no concern me but market to continue to high like frozen foods

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by madridguy(m): 6:19am On Apr 05
Nice challenge. The useless darkness distributors will pretend like they didn't see the tweet.

12 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Apus: 6:26am On Apr 05
The light situation even got worse as soon as they announced the increase in electricity tariff in my area.

Naija no be here ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Oghene86: 6:29am On Apr 05
meum:

I am so shocked we are talking about 20hrs light when others are having 24hrs light are we caused in this country

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by gratiaeo(m): 6:30am On Apr 05
I'm on the A band having tested by loading 5k this morning and got 20 units, but I've never experienced this 20hrs supply they speak. Make it make sense. Just collecting money for services not rendered. You shall get your due.
Eko distribution is a scam

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Dogalmighty17: 6:38am On Apr 05
I'm not on any band o! We hardly see light beyond 3 hours and they bring it mostly around 2am when folks are sleeping. And that's maybe 3 times in a week.

I think I'm on prayer band. So what's the charge for that?

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by SeeWahala: 6:39am On Apr 05
helinues:
Toh

Anytime you see your candidate tilumbu failure na to dey act like dundee but if you see Peter obi thread you go turn viper grin

Tell your handler to clean the spit falling out from your mouth as you're saying your usual "toh" undecided

10 Likes

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by ufotunang: 6:42am On Apr 05
All this band A and 20 to 24 hours electricity light is scam... people they should classify as band A should be our leaders and politcians in power and the former ones because they are the ones that always have 24hours electricity light everyday and they have the money to pay the exorbitant electricity light bill ..so tinubu let the poor to breath

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by EdiskyHarry: 6:44am On Apr 05
Ok
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by JuanDeDios: 6:45am On Apr 05
naptu2:
Many other people soon joined the challenge.

Ehi$ @cool_djsoul

Me sef want to join o. Where do I deposit N1m? Ikeja Disco is the definition of ole.
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:49am On Apr 05
meum:

before nko

when election reach they will start calling these scams reforms

another scam
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by AareGaa: 6:52am On Apr 05
oliverwrites:
I honestly don't mind joining this challenge if Ikeja distribution company is up for it. This new tariff thing is obviously a scam and I hope people fight this big time.

I personally don't mind paying 225 per kilo watt but only if they are delivering on what is promised.

It's a stupid challenge.
Dr Abah is not smart at all.

I don't know why some people like playing to the gallery when serious issues are at hand

Why would someone pay ₦225 per kWh even if you have light for 24 hours a day? Isn't that outrageous?

Now he is saying he's ready to pay ₦1m for 3 months if he is giving 24 hr supply.

Absolute nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by oliverwrites: 6:58am On Apr 05
AareGaa:

It's a stupid challenge.
Dr Abah is not smart at all.

I don't know why some people like playing to the gallery when serious issues are at hand

Why would someone pay ₦225 per kWh even if you have light for 24 hours a day? Isn't that outrageous?

Now he is saying he's ready to pay ₦1m for 3 months if he is giving 24 hr supply.

Absolute nonsense!
It is simple math. I currently spend 13k a month on nepa. And about 15-20k daily on fuel. That's minimum of 450k a month on fuel, if you increase my power supply to 20 hours a day and are taking 200k and letting me spend only 50k a month on fuel saving me 200k a month plus the cost of servicing my generator then it is no brainer for me and I know many people are in this shoe as well.

I need constant electricity for my work ( I work from home ) and will gladly pay200k for more power supply. However, the sad thing is, NEPA can't give any part of the country 20 hours per day at the moment. They will do it maybe for few weeks to justify the hike but we all know it won't last.

Sad.

13 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Radio Biafra Facebook Page Is Becoming Scanty! / Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? / 2019: States Take Position On Mode Of Picking APC Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.