Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC (9636 Views)

My Thoughts On President Tinubu’s Speech On The Economy - Dr Joe Abah / Ministerial List: Joe Abah Reacts As He Didn’t Make Buhari’s List / Onnoghen Vs FG: Dr. Joe Abah Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Mercenary123: 7:00am On Apr 05
madridguy:
Nice challenge. The useless darkness distributors will pretend like they didn't see the tweet.
. Oga Femi, your party APC came to destroy Nigeria and Nigerians. Next year those of us who were shouting to high heavens to avoid APC will then be at the forefront of APC consolidated suffering and teeth gnashing

We must learn a lesson

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by naija4life247: 7:01am On Apr 05
The useless vagabonds will not meet up
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Satazaa: 7:01am On Apr 05
I currently live at an Abuja suburb where we don't get served much light, with an average range of 5 to 10hrs daily on peak periods and no light at all every now and then especially in the past two months, and yet the new rates classes my area as band A same with Maitama, Asokoro, wuse, katampe etc where the high and mighty lives
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by meum: 7:21am On Apr 05
Oghene86:

I am so shocked we are talking about 20hrs light when others are having 24hrs light are we caused in this country
You Dey mind dem? They’ll tell you it’s better than not having light at all. You’ll just look at them. Giant of Africa indeed
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by tnerro1(m): 7:47am On Apr 05
AareGaa:

It's a stupid challenge.
Dr Abah is not smart at all.

I don't know why some people like playing to the gallery when serious issues are at hand

Why would someone pay ₦225 per kWh even if you have light for 24 hours a day? Isn't that outrageous?

Now he is saying he's ready to pay ₦1m for 3 months if he is giving 24 hr supply.

Absolute nonsense!

Read between the lines, do you think NEPA or whatever they call themselves can supply power 20 hours a day for 3 months? Even 15 hours on any day means they have failed the agreement. They will be foolish to take up the offer

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by broadman20: 7:58am On Apr 05
AareGaa:

It's a stupid challenge.

I don't know why some people like playing to the gallery when serious issues are at hand

Why would someone pay ₦225 per kWh even if you have light for 24 hours a day? Isn't that outrageous?

Now he is saying he's ready to pay ₦1m for 3 months if he is giving 24 hr supply.

Absolute nonsense!

He has said his own, what is your own contribution?

All you know is to talk back at people, just say your own.

MUMU.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Jasonekah98: 8:06am On Apr 05
Be like na Band S i dey because grin grin...

If the electricity comes, something go spoil, you go fix am, when it comes again e go spoil. And the light no dey pass 1hour, is this life?
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by iamtoofan: 8:13am On Apr 05
meum:
They won’t accept the challenge.

The 20hours power supply on band A is a scam. Where I stay is categorized under band A. As at yesterday, we had light for a total of 10hours. 20 hours was promised to justify the N225 per kW. How is 10hours now equal to 20 hours?

Last year, EKEDC increased the tariff promising 20 hours power supply. We were paying more per kW. Did they deliver on the promise? Yes, but it lasted only a few weeks. Was the tariff reduced to what it was after they failed to deliver as promised? NO. During the few weeks it lasted, national grid collapse never affected our power supply. That’s when I realized that power can improve in the country if they want it to.

As for this their ‘band A’ scam, it’s just a way of increasing electricity tariff without causing protests. E go reach everybody. The issue be say power supply no go improve.

For most of us that reside in government rejected areas, that 10hrs is a lot, o por cheesy

in my area now, the probability i will use nepa light and watch a 2hrs movie is 20% sure

Una comments dey get me confuse, for people on prepaid meter kwh(price) × utility hours is the determinant abi no be so
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by descartes400: 8:16am On Apr 05
meum:

The 20hours power supply on band A is a scam. Where I stay is categorized under band A. As at yesterday, we had light for a total of 10hours. 20 hours was promised to justify the N225 per kW. How is 10hours now equal to 20 hours?

Last year, EKEDC increased the tariff promising 20 hours power supply. We were paying more per kW. Did they deliver on the promise? Yes, but it lasted only a few weeks. Was the tariff reduced to what it was after they failed to deliver as promised? NO. During the few weeks it lasted, national grid collapse never affected our power supply. That’s when I realized that power can improve in the country if they want it to.

As for this their ‘band A’ scam, it’s just a way of increasing electricity tariff without causing protests. E go reach everybody. The issue be say power supply no go improve.

Does class action works in Nigeria? There need to be a class action, fueled by a massive protest!

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by bobbiiee: 8:18am On Apr 05
My guess is that Dr Abah is aware of the disco inability to meet up. I fall with that billing zone. Since the tariff hike, we have not had 10 hours in 24 hours. I personally believe it's a scam. We keep quiet as usual.

AareGaa:

It's a stupid challenge.

Absolute nonsense!
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by agabusta: 8:50am On Apr 05
meum:

My goodness. You are so right!

Band A is a big scam!

This is the new scam that happens only when they announce increase.
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by swagifted(m): 8:53am On Apr 05
Watinhapen:
You people that even have light for 10 hours per day are enjoying. I haven’t seen Nepa light for the past 3 days now. Whenever they like is when they bring it and it doesn’t last for up to 3 hours for the whole day
the place I did youth service in kaduna, 2010 was when the first nepa pole reach that community... And that 2016 i went there... The first 4 months no light... Four full months.
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Kelklein(m): 9:06am On Apr 05
NERC are supposed to be independent indeed and a regulator but they are always on the side of DISCos against the people (the customers)..

I doubt if they would truly be impartial in this challenge..
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by BHigher(m): 9:32am On Apr 05
This mvmv man. Always throwing meaningless and diversionary challenges. How does this solve the empirical problem of the Gencos not being able to meet up with demand?
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by tojahh(m): 9:59am On Apr 05
helinues:
Toh

Hahaha once them hold you for blokos, the only thing you go talk na "Tor" grin

APC... We gather dey.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Promax4321: 10:19am On Apr 05
PHED N100 for 142 kWB
Kaduna Electric N88 for 163kWH
EEDC N95 for 154kWH
KEDCO N90 for 159kWH

Those that produce the gas for powering power plants pay per wattage used, monkey they work bamboo they chop mentality in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Promax4321: 10:20am On Apr 05
PHED N100 for 142 kWH
EEDC N95 for 154kWH
KEDCO N90 for 159kWH

Those that produce the gas for powering power plants pay per wattage used, monkey they work bamboo they chop mentality in Nigeria.
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Promax4321: 10:22am On Apr 05
PHED N100 for 142 kWH
EEDC N95 for 154kWH
KEDCO N90 for 159kWH

Those that produce the gas for powering power plants pay MORE per wattage used, monkey they work bamboo they chop mentality in Nigeria.
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by poiZon: 10:28am On Apr 05
Jasonekah98:
Be like na Band S i dey because grin grin...

If the electricity comes, something go spoil, you go fix am, when it comes again e go spoil. And the light no dey pass 1hour, is this life?
U no dey any Band yet

Or may be na Band-It u dey

1 Like

Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by poiZon: 10:32am On Apr 05
tojahh:

Hahaha once them hold you for blokos, the only thing you go talk na "Tor" grin

APC... We gather dey.
They should stop building hotels, they should start investing in Agro...

Farming no need Ac
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by blacknp(m): 10:32am On Apr 05
nedu666:
Eventually everyone will end up in band A. It's a matter of time. Tinubu has sold the country to imf
We will focus on the top 10 African countries where households pay the lowest electricity prices.

Please note that the information here is provided by Statista, a global market and consumer data company headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. Statistics as of December 2021, based on hourly electricity prices in Africa.

1. Sudan: This country has the lowest household electricity prices in Africa at $0.004 per kilowatt hour.

2. Libya: Household electricity prices in Libya are $0.004 per kWh.

3. Ethiopia: According to Statista, Ethiopian households pay $0.01 per kWh of electricity consumed.

4. Zimbabwe: Households in Zimbabwe also pay $0.01 per kWh of electricity they use.

5. Angola: Angolan households pay $0.03 per kWh for electricity.

6. Algeria: In Algeria, households pay $0.04 per kWh.

7. Egypt: Egyptian households pay $0.04 per kWh.

8. Ghana: Ghanaian households pay $0.05 per kWh.

9. Nigeria: Households in Nigeria pay $0.06 per kWh for electricity.

10. Tunisia: Finally, Tunisian households pay $0.07 per kWh.

https://unitedstarcrown.com/african-countries-cheapest-electricity-prices/
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Fearyourcreator: 10:40am On Apr 05
greenermodels:
Nigeria is a crime scene, the Nigeria is becoming like the biblical Israel where one can't eat unless he's a liar or a thief. Calling Nigeria a zoo or a shithole was an understatement. She's worse than that.
You wan enjoy Wetin oyinbo dey pay well to use for peanuts here and still call your government thief ...
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Kukutente23: 10:47am On Apr 05
Dogalmighty17:
I'm not on any band o! We hardly see light beyond 3 hours and they bring it mostly around 2am when folks are sleeping. And that's maybe 3 times in a week.

I think I'm on prayer band. So what's the charge for that?

grin grin grin
Ten percent
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by tojahh(m): 10:52am On Apr 05
poiZon:

They should stop building hotels, they should start investing in Agro...

Farming no need Ac

So that make bandits and boko boys use dey do football abi grin
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Kukutente23: 11:07am On Apr 05
blacknp:
We will focus on the top 10 African countries where households pay the lowest electricity prices.

Please note that the information here is provided by Statista, a global market and consumer data company headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. Statistics as of December 2021, based on hourly electricity prices in Africa.

1. Sudan: This country has the lowest household electricity prices in Africa at $0.004 per kilowatt hour.

2. Libya: Household electricity prices in Libya are $0.004 per kWh.

3. Ethiopia: According to Statista, Ethiopian households pay $0.01 per kWh of electricity consumed.

4. Zimbabwe: Households in Zimbabwe also pay $0.01 per kWh of electricity they use.

5. Angola: Angolan households pay $0.03 per kWh for electricity.

6. Algeria: In Algeria, households pay $0.04 per kWh.

7. Egypt: Egyptian households pay $0.04 per kWh.

8. Ghana: Ghanaian households pay $0.05 per kWh.

9. Nigeria: Households in Nigeria pay $0.06 per kWh for electricity.

10. Tunisia: Finally, Tunisian households pay $0.07 per kWh.

https://unitedstarcrown.com/african-countries-cheapest-electricity-prices/
What's your point?

That electricity is too cheap in Nigeria abi

Ok... with this 225per kwh, what is new position of Nigeria on the chart?`
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by femi4: 11:15am On Apr 05
DenreleDave:
grin grin grin grin grin

I have been praying and fasting hoping that our Metre is not on band A, B or C

Make we just dey like band H, W, Z, Y
I can't be using the little momey from my hustle to pay nepa bill...

Meanwhile I have a IPhone Xr 64gb for Sale, I wan use pay Nepa & Lawma bill abeg then use the rest chop

Check my profile.
No of hrs of electricity per day determines band not meter
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by Bullfallo(m): 11:47am On Apr 05
Kukutente23:

What's your point?

That electricity is too cheap in Nigeria abi

Ok... with this 225per kwh, what is new position of Nigeria on the chart?`
don’t mind the guy. Dollar was below 200 when this government came in. They causes inflation and put Nigerians in the poorest nation in the world. The comparing the exchange rates for the world most worst performing currency after devaluation of 1400%. If you calculate with the exchange rate of PDP Nigerians where paying very high. Where some state is yet to even implement 30k minimum wage
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by teewhydope(m): 12:01pm On Apr 05
I can't even complain, i have close to 23hrs of supply in my area but the increase is too much
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by teadrake(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05
meum:

My brother, too many saboteurs are frustrating the power sector. Despite trillions of Naira spent over the years m, we still can boast of 20hr uninterrupted power supply.
El-Rufai would have done a better job in that ministry.
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by teadrake(m): 12:30pm On Apr 05
Adeolajude:
These useless government is very wise..they want to use the band A (who they speculate are classy people) to test run how to place everyone on band A. Before extending to the ghetos in order to prevent chaos. The certainly know if they start from gheto and ask those ones to pay what they can't afford..many nepa will be lynched while disconnecting light.
Chief, the logic behind it that saboteurs that are frustrating the power sector will be the target of frustrated Nigerians who after paying premium will still not have access to stable electricity. I'm wondering why government cannot fight those sabotaging these effort
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05
Even me because i used upto 900k in a month for diesel and fuel in my business so in three months 1m is ok very ok for me, i join the challenge, they have increased it already, i bought electricity this morning 5k that normally gives me 61units gave me 20 this morning that is almost 200% increase
Re: Electricity Tariff: Dr Joe Abah Throws A Challenge To AEDC by ambale(m): 12:56pm On Apr 05
One issue our government institutions are having is transparency

Prior to now, we only knew about 33kva and 11kva power lines, now that they want to increase the tariff, then they start bringing Band A, B, c

How many customers knew of such arrangement in time past? All of a sudden you want us to agree cos you think you are doing us a favor

That was how ojuyobo scammed his proteges with fuel subsidy removal, till today, we never even see hourly gains, not to talk of monthly gain
DaddyGngeess:
Even me because i used upto 900k in a month for diesel and fuel in my business so in three months 1m is ok very ok for me, i join the challenge, they have increased it already, i bought electricity this morning 5k that normally gives me 61units gave me 20 this morning that is almost 200% increase

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / Is Benue State Part Of Biafra? / Full Text Of President Buhari’s 2022 Budget Presentation Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.