Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus (11606 Views)

House Of Reps Minority Leader, Elumelu Loses Re-election Bid To Lp's Okolie / Electoral Bill: Reps Minority Caucus Stages Walkout From Plenary / Continue Tweeting, National Assembly Minority Caucus Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by 7arrows: 8:52pm On Apr 05
Bullfallo:

Now they started again with band a. It wouldn’t be long before they unify the rate for all band.

Comparing Nigeria rate with dollar is madness. Apc devalued the currency. Nigerians were paying highly before now. If tinubu said things will come down and the exchange rate will come down. Why he didn’t wait first for the exchange rate to come down? Increasing the tariff and comparing exchange rate is contradiction to his speech that everything will come down. Similar thing he said about fuel will come down like sim card.

The man simply have nothing good to offer Nigerians .

This recent increase just shows dollar will not come down and things will not come down. He better increase minimum wage because as it is this country is finish. Just expect more inflation from hotels, malls, restaurants, goods and services. More inflation and more suffering. Some states are yet to implement minimum wage. No wonder workers don’t take government work serious many of them only mark register and have other jobs.

Even with increased minimum wage it will not have any effect. How many percentage of the citizens are government workers? If they like increase it to 100k the hardship Nigeria is about to experience in the next few years will either reset our Brains or destroy us. It's a shame. I knew this government has nothing to offer and they proved it. I warned them but they refused.

1 Like

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by 7arrows: 8:55pm On Apr 05
surgical:
Thats how fraudsters behave ,it's a diversionary tactics, it is a general increment
This is a consequence of electing a man with serious baggage, his hands will be tied, all this stupid policies are neocolonia impositions,which he has to accept because he is vulnerable, and its Nigeria that will suffer for it

And the stupid House of assembly will support and approve whatever comes their way because they are rubber stamp.
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by 7arrows: 8:57pm On Apr 05
Digmygold:

I am complaining and I am not feeding fat from any subsidy fraud like Tinubu currently is. Get your facts right before talking trash.

Don't mind the idiot. They are ashamed to apologize to the public for supporting a clueless government. How many Nigerians are feeding fat from the government?

1 Like

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by 7arrows: 9:00pm On Apr 05
rotadeco27:
I think it is a right thing in the right direction. Let the so called band A be in certain places such as GRA and other places where politicians and rich ones reside, they can not be buying land worth of billions, building mansions and castles and still expected to be paying the same tarrif with other citizens. If any one is not comfortable then don't go rent or build in such areas.
Constant power supply is one of the major considerations when people are looking for house to rent, good things do not come easy!
This same thing should be projected to car papers , it is not ideal for someone using 2000 model to be renewing papers at the same rate as someone who has flits of latest cars in his or her garage. If you want to live a rich person life , the country must benefit from your riches too. They enrol their children in expensive schools,use exotic cars , buy land and build houses in expensive places ,they should pay the expensive tarrif!
When I make my money too ,I will be ready to pay as such , after all money is made to be spent!

U fall my hand with your statement. U truly sounding like a poor man who has lost hope. Please grow above that level you are now. Change your mindset bro. God help you.

1 Like

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Digmygold: 9:01pm On Apr 05
7arrows:

Don't mind the idiot. They are ashamed to apologize to the public for supporting a clueless government. How many Nigerians are feeding fat from the government?

I tire for the generalisation o.
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Walz001: 10:00pm On Apr 05
Just in few sentence

We dont Rule like this

June July wont br a joke like i always say
Get your self ready
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by GodHimself: 10:50pm On Apr 05
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by GodHimself: 10:52pm On Apr 05
Supporting the president doesn’t mean supporting every idea that comes from the administration.

This one is a complete miss.

Time will bear me witness.

4tomandchi:
Removing subsidies is the first steps in fighting corruption I believe things will only get better those complaining are they ones feeding fat from the subsidy fraud.

God bless Mr. President
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by ogododo: 11:10pm On Apr 05
GodHimself:
That minister’s head will roll for this.

I’ve been watching him since he started toying with this idea.

It’s obvious to me that someone/some group sold him on this, he doesn’t really understand the consequences.

When ikoyi residents start bypassing meters and beating up Disco staff, your eye will clear.

Na so we go hear them.
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by Iamzik: 1:54am On Apr 06
Easybet1:
I just paid now and I was charge 66naira per unit. Where are you people seeing 225 naira na

Then your area is not affected. You are not a band A customer.

Hold on...your own increment will come in due course
Re: Hike In Electricity Tariff Insensitive, Inhuman – Reps Minority Caucus by dododawa1: 10:30am On Apr 06
The fate of this areas now

Den of DARKNESS

Isheri Osun ijegun lkotun ijedodo and ABARANJE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Musiliu Obanikoro Shot / Senate Has Identified 11 Economic Recovery Bills - Saraki / Army Launches N7bn Housing Projects For Military And Civilians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.