Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me (11736 Views)

Senator Abdul Ningi Resigns As Chairman Of Northern Senators Forum / Boy Places Shirt For Senator Akpabio To Walk On, Gets N500K To Buy New One / Senator Akpabio To Be Formally Received Into APC On Thursday - APC UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by Paulruth: 9:13am On Apr 06
Paraman:
Did you even go through the article at all Chibuzor? grin
No he didn't, Olanikpu
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by flexrivers(m): 9:38am On Apr 06
You just wrote like an idiot because you don't read the news. When you start following national issues properly, you'll be well informed before you come here to type rubbish.
Chicagograduate:
There was no investigation of Akpabio s budget padding before Ningi was suspended.He was not summon to defend the allegation in the floor of the senate chamber like they do during ministerial screening and budget defence.
Akpabio is a thief.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by Chicagograduate(m): 9:46am On Apr 06
flexrivers:
I just wrote like an idiot because i don't read the news. When i start following national issues properly, I"ll be well informed before i come here to type rubbish.

Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by bitbillionaire: 10:40am On Apr 06
Ah! The kind of undiluted stupidity some of you display on this nairaland eh!

Do you even know how the legislative arm of government operates or how decisions are made in the senate compared to the executive arm?

People like us can easily know somebody's nature from their comments. Looking at this your comments, I can tell that you are either extremely and incurably stupid and ignorant or you are just being mischievous and dishonest or a combination of all of the above

malali:
Thats how you know a weak leader.

Tinubu did not say Nigerians removed oil subsidy, not me.

Tinubu did not say Nigerians removed dollar subsidy, not me.

Tinubu did not say Nigerians removed electricity tariffs, not me.

When e reach Akpabio turn, he bucked and defaulted the blame to "The senate"

Akpabio you are in charge of the senate, anything that happens in the senate, you shoud be able to defend it with logical explanations. Not passing the buck to others.Those are signs of a weak leader.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by Fiscus105(m): 11:11am On Apr 06
Kingpele:
There's no country that have the kind of citizens we have without having wicked leaders. This man exposed official corruption within the budget and got suspended yet citizens kept quite...I thought what the senate should have done will be to clear the areas he raised...explaining to citizens how such huge amounts allocated to same areas repeatedly will be implemented without any corrupt practices...or acknowledge the error within the budget and remove the padded part of the budget...suspending a senator who came to the chamber of senate the same way u guys came in .without clear evidence of error in what he said is undemocratic and evil...yet the so called friends of the country (enemies in disguise) won't see anything wrong with what the senate did to one of their own...others have now decided to avoid, talking about what they know about the budget.same budget which impart will be felt by the citizens and residents of this great nation ...

You think the man really open corruption or ethnicity jingoism.

Go back and read carefully about his revelation, when you finally do that, I will also advise you to go deeper to last admistation to check what he accused the current senate if the last senate in which he was part of not did more than that for north
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by phemmie06(m): 1:34pm On Apr 06
Orisirisi! Wonder shall never cease.... Apa boy (Akpabio) asking Falana to be guided
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by Johnjustice: 2:57pm On Apr 06
Removing Ningi was not in good taste, the Senate at that point were serving themselves. They are there to serve the people, they are the representatives of the people. A self serving Senate has no good use for the people, this is why Nigerians are not seeing benefits from the Senate.

How can a senate, a house of debate, reason, to find out truths be acting in an arbitrary, albeit dictatorship manner, the Senate members can not take criticisms from Nigerians who they represent?

Nigerian senators have the wrong orientation, they have the big man mentality which is wrong, their work is to represent the people, they are obliged to listen to the people and correct issues and unethical behavior, by ensuring every kobo of constituency allowances is used for the people, not ordering him out of the chambers...it's undemocratic.
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by MamaletASO: 4:28pm On Apr 06
Let him know...

Ahahah!
Akpabio yeye man.. chai! power good oo...

Falana gbo tie... Lolz

Moi pepe pre
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by Greenback: 5:06pm On Apr 06
Thunda faya those northerners threatening Akpabio...namas who are when a northerner is in power....this is Nigeria,south should stop speaking grammar..the north knows how to use "patriotism" to rob the south very well.
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by ivolt: 5:29pm On Apr 06
Laurene:
Which law is that? Which part of the constitution?
If there's any, there should be a process where the matter is debated and deliberated before a vote call is brought to the floor where it's decided.

Not some bunch of agbada-wearing fascists deciding to disenfranchise quarter of a state's electorate.
Not everything is about the constitution.
A constitution is just a broad guide not a full bible of specific laws.

For example, there is no constitution that says you can't take a pig to the plenary
or dress naked but if you do, you will be barred from entering and may even risk
suspension.
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by Babinski: 8:44pm On Apr 06
Paraman:
Ningi was giving the chance to defend himself

Ningi, who brought various documents to defend himself said he never said the budget bwas padded but insisted that N 3 trillion is not traced to any project in the 2024 bugget.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/senate-in-rowdy-session-over-2024-budget-allegations/%3famp=1

Ningi later got the arithmetic and denied what he said, but it was too late for him.

A Senator is at the Senate not by himself but to represent his people. When you suspend him, then you are denying his people o representation which is against the Constitution. You cannot punish the people for any percieved offense of their senator.

Falana's Letter clearly stated the facts but Akpabio and his lawyers are trying to be smart. Falana quoted Court ruling, judgements and Acs that could easily be verified which Akpabio's lawyers couldn't contradict but rather chose to say he didn't quote specifics of the case. Why didn't they quote the specifics and contradict his position since the Law and Judgements are clearly cited?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2024/03/28/falana-writes-senate-president-seeks-reversal-of-sen-ningis-suspension/amp/
Re: Akpabio to Falana: Be guided, Senate suspended Ningi not me by francotunsco: 8:49pm On Apr 06
I love the use of words, semantics and whatever in the reply by Akpabio's lawyer. Kudos sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Alia Rages At Predecessors: Don't Interfere In My Administration / Buhari, Obaseki, Others Pay Last Tributes To Late Chief Tony Anenih / Aiyedatiwa Inches Closer To Ondo APC Ticket As 18 Lawmakers, Elders Back Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.