Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits (16719 Views)

My Brother Kidnapped On The Abuja-Kaduna Train Has Not Been Released - Sarki / Bandits Kidnapped Sheikh Gumi's Brother & He Paid A Ransom / Reverend Polycap Zango Kidnapped By Boko Haram (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by olatade(m): 8:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
A popular and controversial Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has revealed the kidnap of his senior brother by bandits, saying they demanded ransom to regain his freedom.

Gummi revealed this in an interview with some journalists in Gusau, saying his senior brother was kidnapped because he made a case for bandits and for visiting them in their forest conclaves.

He, however, solicited the release of his brother, saying he had also been a victim of the bandits on several occasions.

“Also in our mosque, we have paid a ransom. Even now, somebody is asking me to assist him to pay the ransom. Our family driver who happens to be our relative, his son, a private soldier, was killed by bandits. So now I can support such people?” Gumi said.

However, the cleric said his efforts with bandits have been sabotaged recently, stressing that he has quit meeting with bandits because it will be dangerous for him to continue to engage with them.

The Islamic scholar blamed those calling for his arrest as those behind the banditry in the northern zone of the country, stressing that it is a constitutional right for someone to express his views.

The cleric said his efforts are to prevent banditry in his own way stating that he has also been a victim of banditry.

“They are clowns, they don’t know anything about the Nigerian society, they don’t know about the Nigerian constitution and liberty. It is a constitutional right for someone to express his views, so long you are not calling for violence or to harm anybody.

“These people calling for my arrest, I don’t see them different from the bandits. To say that I am supporting or sponsoring bandits is malicious. I am just trying to cure them in my own way. I am trying to prevent it my own way and I have seen how my little efforts have helped”
https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/12/sheikh-gumis-brother-kidnapped-by-bandits/

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Kdon2: 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2021
olatade:
A popular and controversial Islamic scholar, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has revealed the kidnap of his senior brother by bandits, saying they demanded ransom to regain his freedom.

Gummi revealed this in an interview with some journalists in Gusau, saying his senior brother was kidnapped because he made a case for bandits and for visiting them in their forest conclaves.

He, however, solicited the release of his brother, saying he had also been a victim of the bandits on several occasions.

“Also in our mosque, we have paid a ransom. Even now, somebody is asking me to assist him to pay the ransom. Our family driver who happens to be our relative, his son, a private soldier, was killed by bandits. So now I can support such people?” Gumi said.

However, the cleric said his efforts with bandits have been sabotaged recently, stressing that he has quit meeting with bandits because it will be dangerous for him to continue to engage with them.

The Islamic scholar blamed those calling for his arrest as those behind the banditry in the northern zone of the country, stressing that it is a constitutional right for someone to express his views.

The cleric said his efforts are to prevent banditry in his own way stating that he has also been a victim of banditry.

“They are clowns, they don’t know anything about the Nigerian society, they don’t know about the Nigerian constitution and liberty. It is a constitutional right for someone to express his views, so long you are not calling for violence or to harm anybody.

“These people calling for my arrest, I don’t see them different from the bandits. To say that I am supporting or sponsoring bandits is malicious. I am just trying to cure them in my own way. I am trying to prevent it my own way and I have seen how my little efforts have helped”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/12/sheikh-gumis-brother-kidnapped-by-bandits/

Na format abeg!

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Buliwyf: 5:46am On Dec 13, 2021
How are we sure this guy didn't arrange this just to deflect suspicion? I can easily imagine someone with beards like that ordering his bandito accomplices to capture his brother and rough him up a little bit to make the whole scheme look real.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Payus: 5:47am On Dec 13, 2021
angry
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by jericco1(m): 5:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Probably staged, this government can do and undo undecided

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by dkdmy: 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
What do we even believe in this country again

20 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Firefyta: 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Who I'm I to interfere in family business

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by InMyZone: 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Format to whip up public sympathy but dey steady cash out on the side
E Clear

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by ORACULUM(m): 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Buliwyf:
How are we sure this guy didn't arrange this just to deflect suspicion? I can easily imagine someone with beards like that ordering his bandit accomplices to capture his brother and rough him up a little bit to make the who scheme look real.
Hmmmmm!
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Belcon(m): 5:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Scope

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Ololanla: 5:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Staged

9 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by lesbiconverter: 5:50am On Dec 13, 2021
He's trying to beat Lai Mohammed's record of lying psychology grin

same religion of Taqiyya

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Croccityboi123(m): 5:50am On Dec 13, 2021
GoD!!!
Who do us for dis kontri
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Mysticwebb: 5:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Just like attack on Buhari just before 2015 general election, all na the same format.
Deceive those you can, not me.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by HugeDan(m): 5:50am On Dec 13, 2021
You mean your boys kidnapped your brother

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by stano2(m): 5:51am On Dec 13, 2021
Rubbish…. News for the gullible

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by stano2(m): 5:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Format

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by olisefom: 5:52am On Dec 13, 2021
The monster they made!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by princepee: 5:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Story believe this, and you believe anything.
Oga you know them, them know you.
If truly them kidnap your bro you know where to meet them.
The truth is that you are bandits sympathize.
Qed

7 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by floss(m): 5:53am On Dec 13, 2021
Lol....
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by joxxy01(m): 5:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Shey una dey bobo us
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Kachi4christ(m): 5:55am On Dec 13, 2021
They should keep their madness in the north....rubbish. to flog this man just dey hungry me. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Boyooosa(m): 5:55am On Dec 13, 2021
He has always wanted to make a statement, now, he has made another one!

Day is counting anyway...

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by brookz: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2021
Na friendly visit, Babah collect largesse from FG him no drop their share. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by jerry2cino(m): 5:55am On Dec 13, 2021
Action film, una dey fool una self.
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by Crusadee: 5:57am On Dec 13, 2021
No worries it's an in-house affair... Gumi is their Patron

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by PennywysCares(m): 5:58am On Dec 13, 2021
cheesy

Haaaaaaaaaaleeeeeeeeeloooooooooja
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by adecz: 6:00am On Dec 13, 2021
☑️☑️ Nice one ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by that1yorubaguy(m): 6:01am On Dec 13, 2021
Everyone thinks its a format to divert suspicion. Believe me, it is what you think.
[img]https://c./5JnY52wQQK4AAAAC/scam-alert-alarm.gif[/img]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by ShoeShineGuy: 6:03am On Dec 13, 2021
Please replace that word "kidnapped" with "hosted".

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi’s Brother Kidnapped By Bandits by TeeGentle(m): 6:03am On Dec 13, 2021
God knows best

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Adeosun: Apologise To Nigerians For Your Insensitive Comment On Recession / INEC Budgets N1.9bn To Defend Buhari, Others’ Mandate In Court / Tinubu: Coronavirus Has No Respect For Rich Or Poor, Christian Or Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.