Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi (13213 Views)

Treasury Looting And Questions Over Tinubu’s Anti-graft Drive - Premium Times / Subsidy Removal As Elite Banditry, Reverse Robin Hoodism By Farooq A. Kperogi / Protest Against Electricity, Fuel Price Increment, Anti-People Policy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by DeepSight(m): 9:56am On Apr 07
IfnobeGod20:

It seems you guys doesn't follow through comment. This is what you wrote and you can go back and confirm it.
"Tinubu became active in a pro-democracy group, the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO). He was initially jailed for his pro-democracy activities before fleeing in exile in 1994; he returned to Nigeria after Abacha’s death in 1998"
I don't comment out of blues.

If you take a look at that post, you will see it was a quote from Britannica and was thus cast in red with the link attached - look again -

https://www.nairaland.com/8053306/tinubus-anti-people-reverse-robin-hoodist/3#129299401

I was referring my co-discussant to the element there where they cited him as a member of NADECO.

I never personally said he was jailed because I know he wasnt. Perhaps they meant a detention as you mentioned or perhaps they simply got that entirely wrong.

My initial statement was clear - I said he was part of the struggle and supported NADECO.

Edit: Looking it up, there was an arrest, so that's what Britannica was probably referring to -

Recalling that former Senators Ebute, Okorafor, Nwulu, Nwite, Ibrahim and Tinubu were arrested on 2 June 1994 and charged with treasonable felony and conspiring with others to overthrow the Government because they had met on 30 May 1994 and urged General Sani Abacha to step down as Head of State; that on 22 July 1994, they were released on bail and that in December 1995 their cases were closed with the exception of that of Senator Tinubu, who was subsequently also charged with sabotaging oil installations and went into exile for fear of his life; that the other MPs, who were warned against criticising the Government, are under strict surveillance and refrain from speaking out for fear of their lives,

http://archive.ipu.org/hr-e/163/nig41.htm
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by nairalanda1(m): 10:00am On Apr 07
lexy2014:

since things cost money, then you should have no problems answering the questions.

you claim that DISCOs owe gas worth N1.7tr.

how did discos start owing gas of 1.7tr?

is it like they have been using gas for free all these years?

Lexy, you are a big boy, you got the internet. Find it out for yourself.

Because I hate interacting with people like you who are just being offensive deliberately.

Running along now. I know it makes me look like I lost to you. Yes I have. But then again, what profit a man....
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by lexy2014: 10:02am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

Because I hate interacting with people like you who are just being offensive deliberately.

Running along now. I know it makes me look like I lost to you. Yes I have. But then again, what profit a man....

is nairaland that I am interacting with you not on the internet?

Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by nairalanda1(m): 10:04am On Apr 07
lexy2014:

is nairaland that I am interacting with you not on the internet?

grin
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by lexy2014: 10:28am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

which competition are you doing that you lost?
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by ivandragon: 10:50am On Apr 07
I have always maintained that BAT is a coward.

If there is corruption in a system that makes subsidies unsustainable, why not address the corruption issue by dealing decisively with the economic saboteurs?

It is like a father who says that because rats eat the raw food kept in the store, then the children should eat only once a day so as to reduce food kept in the store so rats don't eat it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by nairalanda1(m): 10:51am On Apr 07
lexy2014:

which competition are you doing that you lost?

You know, Lance.
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by lexy2014: 10:56am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

You know, Lance.

I dont know. pls enlighten me
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by nairalanda1(m): 10:57am On Apr 07
lexy2014:

I dont know. pls enlighten me

Then remain unknowing. Or ask the Lord and master gugle
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by lexy2014: 11:02am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

Then remain unknowing. Or ask the Lord and master gugle

who is "the Lord and master gugle"?
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by nairalanda1(m): 11:06am On Apr 07
lexy2014:

who is "the Lord and master gugle"?

You are
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by lexy2014: 11:09am On Apr 07
nairalanda1:

You are

how am I "the Lord and master gugle"
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:12am On Apr 07
Dyfynezz12:
Tinubu is reverse Robinhood,he steals from the poor and give to the rich

No room for comparism... this writer... why this...

Robinhood had comparison... stole from the rich... dealt with the rich and government and gave to the poor...

This one wen dey government.... is the continuation of the failure of buhari... Steal for the poor and enrich himself...!!...
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by Exceed15: 11:52am On Apr 07
Can fools who voted him see the results of their actions now . Kikikikikiki Tinubu till 2098.
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by IfnobeGod20: 12:14pm On Apr 07
DeepSight:

If you take a look at that post, you will see it was a quote from Britannica and was thus cast in red with the link attached - look again -

https://www.nairaland.com/8053306/tinubus-anti-people-reverse-robin-hoodist/3#129299401

I was referring my co-discussant to the element there where they cited him as a member of NADECO.

I never personally said he was jailed because I know he wasnt. Perhaps they meant a detention as you mentioned or perhaps they simply got that entirely wrong.

My initial statement was clear - I said he was part of the struggle and supported NADECO.

Edit: Looking it up, there was an arrest, so that's what Britannica was probably referring to -

Recalling that former Senators Ebute, Okorafor, Nwulu, Nwite, Ibrahim and Tinubu were arrested on 2 June 1994 and charged with treasonable felony and conspiring with others to overthrow the Government because they had met on 30 May 1994 and urged General Sani Abacha to step down as Head of State; that on 22 July 1994, they were released on bail and that in December 1995 their cases were closed with the exception of that of Senator Tinubu, who was subsequently also charged with sabotaging oil installations and went into exile for fear of his life; that the other MPs, who were warned against criticising the Government, are under strict surveillance and refrain from speaking out for fear of their lives,

http://archive.ipu.org/hr-e/163/nig41.htm

I often make comment on whatever I read and I always been careful many atimes going out of the scope of people's comments. Your quoted comment was laced with error because Tinubu wasn't jailed anywhere in this country but only detained. This is why is very important one acquaint himself with fact, so that when you see contrary issue you will know and conclude that it is more of praise singing than fact.
I also deduced from your comments that you're trying to be careful because you know the truth but the link you extracted from wasn't the true picture of what happened.
No doubt Tinubu was part and parcel of NADECO and also a heavily financial member but wasn't jailed because he belonged to the group. Those jailed know themselves and many of them still alive to tell the story and one of them is Pa. Segun Osoba who wrote a book on the formation of NADECO, in which he reeled out all the founding members and those jailed on the course of struggle. Thankfully, no tribe that wasn't involved.
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by DeepSight(m): 12:22pm On Apr 07
IfnobeGod20:

I often make comment on whatever I read and I always been careful many atimes going out of the scope of people's comments. Your quoted comment was laced with error because Tinubu wasn't jailed anywhere in this country but only detained. This is why is very important one acquaint himself with fact, so that when you see contrary issue will know and conclude that it is more of praise singer than fact.
I also deduced from your comments that you're trying to be careful because you know the truth but the link you extract from wasn't the true picture of what happened.
No doubt Tinubu is part and parcel of NADECO and also a heavily financial member but wasn't jailed because he belonged to the group. Those jailed know themselves and many of them still alive to tell the story and one of them is Pa. Segun Osoba who wrote a book on the formation of NADECO, in which he reeled out all the founding members and those jailed on the course of struggle. Thankfully, no tribe that wasn't involved.

I accept. Thanks again for your fair points. Indeed it is true that there was a misrepresentation in the quote I presented from Britannica.
Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by IfnobeGod20: 5:17pm On Apr 07
DeepSight:

I accept. Thanks again for your fair points. Indeed it is true that there was a misrepresentation in the quote I presented from Britannica.
Truly your moniker speaks volume of you. I doff my cap for you. I'm happy having a discourse with you. Have a great week ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Anti-people, Reverse Robin Hoodist “courage” By Farooq A. Kperogi by BALLOSKI: 11:15pm On Apr 07
May God save Nigerians from Tinubu’s courage.
😂 😂

Nice piece!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Fixes October For National Convention / Oshiomhole Meets Buhari, Dismisses Corruption Allegations / Buhari Receives Security Briefing From Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.