Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre (38422 Views)

Shock Awaits Those Challenging Obi’s Popularity In The North – Diran Onifade / Atiku's Victory On Saturday Will Come As A Rude Shock To Many!!! / Economic Prosperity Awaits Nigerians In Buhari’s Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by SirLakes: 8:20pm On Apr 06
Everybody go dey on band A by force grin

Band B wey I dey use be like band F grin

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by richard870(m): 8:20pm On Apr 06
Pointless!
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by BondRiv: 8:20pm On Apr 06
Prigidypogodo:
cheesy

lol una go adjust tire

No be small. Another instruction will come from the IMF.

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Shadomaan7: 8:20pm On Apr 06
Na true talk u talk my brother, dis new AC tariff go make pesin mind dey shake! E go affect our lifestyle and even our pockets wella.

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Starboytwo(m): 8:21pm On Apr 06
ThinkWISELY:
Interested buyers, let's meet at Falomo Mall or any eatery around Awolowo Road, Ikoyi. You can send your dispatch to confirm before payment. Whatsapp 081.69147..884. Few weeks old TECNO POP 7 bought brand new, perfectly working, going for 68k. New one is 90k+.

Wait, is it new? No.
Why add new price.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by ClearFlair: 8:21pm On Apr 06
helinues:

Indeed, Ac is the real big elephant in the room

The 4 horse power Ac na gbese

Disco needs to intestify in puting areas in the right band

Dey play. AC is not a luxury. Nigeria is not Somalia

6 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by datola: 8:21pm On Apr 06
I
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by helinues: 8:22pm On Apr 06
ClearFlair:

Dey play. AC is not a luxury. Nigeria is not Somalia

That no be issue to the billionaires. We are aware of that

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by aAK1(m): 8:23pm On Apr 06
nlfpmod:

Ugodre
na bypass sure pass. I’ll take my chances
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by DeLaRue: 8:25pm On Apr 06
Probably less than 5% of households in Nigeria has an A/c, and OP's example of households with 3 or 4 A/Cs are even less common.

So, the suggestion that A/Cs and band A palaver is some kind of universal life changing experience for the populace is incorrect.

Only a tiny minority of butty people will be affected in that respect.

And they have he choice of changing to battery/solar powered fans. That's life.

Band A rate is horroribly high, but my sympathy lies with average hard working people who are now caught up in this power nightmare, not some upper middle class people who operate 4 or 5 A/Cs in 3 bedroom apartment. That's luxury in Nigeria. You want it, then keep using it and pay your band A rate and let us rest.

3 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by faceland: 8:26pm On Apr 06
I have not used AC in more than a year.

This is the 3rd time they have increased electricity bill (and they would increase it again since they lied they are still paying subsidy for plan B C and D).

3 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by HRMK: 8:26pm On Apr 06
what is the percentage of nigerians using #ac in their homes?simply less than 5%!what then are you talking about?

7 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Nwaokunkpara: 8:27pm On Apr 06
THEY HAVE BEEN PAID TO JUSTIFY THE HIKE IN ELECTRICITY PRICE

NIGERIANS SUFFERING AND SMILING PEOPLE

8 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by edungene7: 8:27pm On Apr 06
Hit the ground running is now unleashing shege banza promax those standing on the mandate should be ready because e go reach every every

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Growing(m): 8:28pm On Apr 06
With the removal of all these subsidies, what is government doing with the trillions the are now making?

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by faceland: 8:28pm On Apr 06
DeLaRue:
Probably less than 5% of households in Nigeria has an A/c, and OP's example of households with 3 or 4 A/Cs are even less common.

Most houses with A/Cs have one or 2 - master bedroom & may be living room.

So, the suggestion that A/Cs and band A palaver is some kind of universal life changing experience is incorrect.

Only a tiny minority of people will be affected. And they have he choice of changing to battery/sola powered fans. That's life.

Band A rate is a horroribly high, but my sympathy lies with average hard working people who are now caught up in this power nightmare, not upper middle class people who operate 4 or 5 A/Cs in 3 bedroom apartment.

How many Nigerians are living in 3 bedroom apartments?
They are out of touch in Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Blaze14k: 8:28pm On Apr 06
PandoraObi:
ok

Is that all you had to say? They wan use AC deceive you this time😂😂 mumu agbadorians

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by WorldRichest: 8:29pm On Apr 06
Conner44:
Explanations & Statistics, na now Nigerians (along with apc people) go CHOP AM

I paid yesterday and it was N34 per unit on my meter.

Let time reach for me to top up again and see what they would have increased it to

It's too late for you. You cannot stop a moving train. Subsidy has been removed from Band-A Users. You cannot do anything about it. If AC is consuming too much power, switch it off. You won't die.

This is the time that fat foolish Emmanuel Iwuanyawun that was calling his forefathers Rascals will know that that fat in him will make heat to lead him to his death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Eriggs: 8:30pm On Apr 06
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Poverty is truely a disease.
Poverty is not a disease,
It's something worse!!

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Zidoh(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06
Last last everybody will be alright...
Our ancestors and hero past are watching and the generation coming are observing . Whatever legacy we all laid history will never forget and there are rewards for everyone.The God of humanity will ask everyone of us what and how we live this life. Those of you who are happy when Naira was sinking and those that are purposely sinking it and those who are working tirelessly to put everything on order ... We will all account one .
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Angelfrost(m): 8:33pm On Apr 06
Basically, you guys are teaching Nigerians how to adjust to more suffering...!

As e dey go, that means the poor and the civil servants have no business with electricity.

Just imagine... You earn your country's minimum wage but can't afford basic amenities like Electricity and Gas.

Those of you who like to compare the cost of amenities between Nigeria and other nations... Is that how minimum wage earners find it difficult to impossible to meet up with getting their basics?!!

Food for thought, you IDIOTS!!!

6 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by onecansee: 8:33pm On Apr 06
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by tuzle(m): 8:35pm On Apr 06
We band my own side go be. We haven't seen light for the past 3days now.
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by faceland: 8:35pm On Apr 06
I can forfeit even fan just for my phone to charge and laptop to work.
So government should give light users subsidized solar panels (government can still make their profit, but let's have installmental payment).

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Timoleon(m): 8:36pm On Apr 06
bigsmoke2:
Government needs to widen the taxs net and stop making life difficult for the poor masses with anti people policies. Our tax to GDP ratio tells you there are too many evaders and stealers of tax along the chain of collection. You can't jack up power rate suddenly by over 400% in a country where the middle class has disappeared due to hardship. Most people live from hand to mouth such sudden change means financial crisis for many.
how is a wider tax net in favor of the poor?

2 Likes

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by KennethOkonkwo: 8:38pm On Apr 06
LagosFirstSon:
Dumb people in government and supporters

Bunch of idiots
😆

This man below will still die as fraudulent former governor

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Angelfrost(m): 8:40pm On Apr 06
Timoleon:
how is a wider tax net in favor of the poor?

Simple... If you truly apply P.A.Y.E tax policies and enforce them, the wealthy and top earners will pay more taxes since they earn more.

In the absence of corruption and embezzlement, proper use of the generated funds to provide amenities will make life balanced and easier for everyone, especially the poor and less privileged. (That's how the welfare needs of the majority of citizens like kids are handled and met in some nations abroad).

This system works for Canada, Australia, England, and some other top nations.

In Nigeria, most high-income earners barely pay up to 5% monthly taxes... A lot of profit-generating organizations evade taxes successfully every year.

That's why some of you Nigerians making money in Nigeria dislike and grumble about the system abroad when you relocate there...!

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by olaadenigeria(m): 8:40pm On Apr 06
Beremx:
Nigerians have left the increase of electricity tarrif to God to handle. Las las we will be alright and move on.

What next is Tinubu going to remove its subsidy?
The next thing Tunubu will remove subsidy is all source of water ( bore hole, tap water, river etc

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Inspirer1: 8:41pm On Apr 06
Beremx:
Nigerians have left the increase of electricity tarrif to God to handle. Las las we will be alright and move on.

What next is Tinubu going to remove its subsidy?
Sure, they'll be thinking of the next thing they'll use to create burden for the masses. Its as if they hold meetings to consider what the masses are "enjoying " that they can touch and cause hardship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by grandstar(m): 8:42pm On Apr 06
Conner44:
Explanations & Statistics, na now Nigerians (along with apc people) go CHOP AM

I paid yesterday and it was N34 per unit on my meter.

Let time reach for me to top up again and see what they would have increased it to

I will top up tomorrow before the general increase
Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by Father4all: 8:43pm On Apr 06
Shameless APC. Government. Where are their supporters?

1 Like

Re: Increased Tariff: AC Is The Real Elephant, A Rude Shock Awaits Nigerians- Ugodre by caracas: 8:44pm On Apr 06
helinues:

That no be issue to the billionaires. We are aware of that
Seriously sense is far from you…..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwara By-election: APC Mega Rally, Does This Mean Saraki Is Gone In Kwara? / 1,400 Repentant Boko Haram Suspects Released / IPOB Members In Austria Protest With Coffin At British Embassy. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.