Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product (20165 Views)

Court Freezes 3 Firms’ Accounts Over Non-Disclosure Of Lifted Crude Oil / Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 / Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by AmotekunSW: 10:07pm On Apr 06
This is commendable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by BondRiv: 10:09pm On Apr 06
Greedy lots.
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by shevon: 10:10pm On Apr 06
samwash:
Na wayin dey make me vex with staff of one super market for my area, the price tag on shalve is different for m when you want to pay at the pay point, they keep telling me that they have not updated the price tag, I kukuma stop going to that super market.
SPAR Opebi and ShopRite ICM are very fond of this and it so gets me angry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by lordm(m): 10:11pm On Apr 06
Good one. The extorting nature of Nigerians is too much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by fortune1968: 10:11pm On Apr 06
QMB STORES .
QMB ROAD ,ELF BUS STOP
LEKKI PHASE ONE ,LAGOS .
Please,take note of this report .You are guilty of this .If you don't comply ,I will surely report you .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Akaegwu(m): 10:12pm On Apr 06
Just rite is no one on the list
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Babscleaning(m): 10:14pm On Apr 06
Me wey no send,if you no put price tag and I reach your stand and you've inflated the price,you'll keep removing it from what I picked o,the other day at one supermarket,you put 800naira as price for viju wheat,I reach point of payment,I saw 1k I change am for the girl,who cares about your fine face,I hate it when person isn't transparent, or not truthful or trustworthy,I told them I no dey come here again,dey just dey beg,I told them if you put 1k if I really desire the thing I'll buy it,but this corny Way I hate it.bye bye I ain't coming here again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by fortune1968: 10:16pm On Apr 06
shevon:

SPAR Opebi and ShopRite ICM are very fond of this and it so gets me angry.
Same they did to me at QMB ,@ Lekki phase one .l had picked a shoe polish with the price tag of 800 naira ,On getting to the point of payment, the attendant told me that the price is 2k. They are yet to update that was the reason .I was nonplussed . Imagine from 800 naira to 2k !

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by fortune1968: 10:19pm On Apr 06
lordm:
Good one. The extorting nature of Nigerians is too much
Wherever we learnt this wickedness,I wouldn't know .How come NOTHING is organized in our country ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Actuarydeji(m): 10:21pm On Apr 06
Frequent price fluctuation is the major cause of all this price disparity.
Okoroawusa:

I notice that it's becoming a common practice by supermarkets in Lagos these days.
Recently I saw a product displayed for 1,950 only for the price to be 2,300 at the cashier's point.
The problem is not the money but the glaring dishonesty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by tfelicityk(m): 10:23pm On Apr 06
What of the cases - like the price tag on the product is completely different from the price on their system. When you rise alarm about it they will lied that it is the merchandise of the products that didn't update the price at the shelf.

It happened to me thrice in the same supermarket I dropped the goods and visit another store when I got it at the actual price.

Guess what! The manager began to hype me that I am Oga na and the price margin is not much. I told him I worked hard to earn the money. I didn't scam or steal from people to come and be extravagant in spending here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Qoko: 10:24pm On Apr 06
All the Supermarkets in Alimosho LGA are guilty of this act, from Twinsfaja, Adidde, Jendol. In short just visit any Twinsfaja or Adidde supermarkets in Ikotun, Ijegun road and Abaranje road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Sleekfingers: 10:25pm On Apr 06
JohnAOne:
Very good.

Also, the practice of putting a different price tag from the one on the system at the cashier must stop!

You'll see a lower price on the product only to get to the cashier and see a higher price.

I was on at spar on Allen avenue. Picked a sauce pan , they displayed around 5k plus. Only to get to the paying point. It was 7k plus.
I just dropped it there.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by sleeknaija(m): 10:26pm On Apr 06
ignis:
it shouldn't be compulsory

Who is this one? lipsrsealed Shey you dey okay sha?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Cargome(f): 10:28pm On Apr 06
This should also be extended to Rivers State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 10:31pm On Apr 06
Yesterday at booku supermarket, after buying bread for ₦1150, I decided to add one drink to use chop the bread. I saw one soya milk like that. But there was no price tag. I just added it to my cart cos in my mind i was like, " e no go pass 700". Omo when i reach the cashier them calculate the bread and soya milk, my bill was ₦2,850. Aaaah. I jeje carry the soya milk go back to where i pick am. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Dundalk(m): 10:37pm On Apr 06
DeAnonymousGuy:
Yesterday at booku supermarket, after buying bread for ₦1150, I decided to add one drink to use chop the bread. I saw one soya milk like that. But there was no price tag. I just added it to my cart cos in my mind i was like, " e no go pass 700". Omo when i reach the cashier them calculate the bread and soya milk, my bill was ₦2,850. Aaaah. I jeje carry the soya milk go back to where i pick am. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
😁😁😁
You no do like big men make you accept it and regret inner mind..

😁

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06
Dundalk:
😁😁😁
You no do like big men make you accept it and regret inner mind..

😁

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ Who i wan impress na. The economy is telling on every one so no shame for dat kain thing. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by ComeToJesus: 10:42pm On Apr 06
Okoroawusa:

I notice that it's becoming a common practice by supermarkets in Lagos these days.
Recently I saw a product displayed for 1,950 only for the price to be 2,300 at the cashier's point.

Pay the displayed price only. No law can find you faulty on that. You are within your rights to pay what is displayed and not what is manipulated inside the system.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Papayaayasager(m): 10:42pm On Apr 06
Lagos sef too do
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Zico5(m): 10:45pm On Apr 06
We are getting there gradually. Dollar is striking but these devilish supermarket owners are inflating for selfish gain. We are truly our enemies in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by ebufa: 10:53pm On Apr 06
FreeStuffsNG:
He provided the agency’s social media platforms as well as dedicated phone lines for such reports, which are 08124993885, 09064323154, and 08092509777, urging the public to actively participate in safeguarding their consumer rights.

Eko o gba gbere rara o. This is a very proactive agency.
May God bless Lagos state and the Federal Republic of Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Oya proceed to Daleko market and tell iya muftau to price tag her ewedu! Ndi mgbu!! the tiger you are feeding is growing wella! go buy better chain and cage o!
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by CorrectionFLuid: 10:56pm On Apr 06
Okoroawusa:

Maybe the price has increased before stock got purchased. Not ruling out dishonesty anyway. I've owned a business where I put price tags on products. That thing can be stressful. In my opinion, it needs its own dedicated staff.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by UrPapa: 10:59pm On Apr 06
ignis:
it shouldn't be compulsory. Competition should be market force that drive purchases. Nobody is forced to buy.
they are talking about putting the price tag not the amount the retailer want to sell

3 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Okortor: 11:05pm On Apr 06
There are the cashier's point...u drop it and leave..no time for nonsense
JohnAOne:
Very good.

Also, the practice of putting a different price tag from the one on the system at the cashier must stop!

You'll see a lower price on the product only to get to the cashier and see a higher price.
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Okortor: 11:06pm On Apr 06
It's well

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by nedekid: 11:09pm On Apr 06
Nice one. They should extend it to major markets too. No the one you will go buy eg electronics, cloths etc, they will size you up, inflate the price, then make you bargain, still chop you ontop.
Imagine me pricing something, later sending my staff to go price it and he gets it for half the amount billed me.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Max24: 11:11pm On Apr 06
ignis:
it shouldn't be compulsory. Competition should be market force that drive purchases. Nobody is forced to buy.
Nobody is asking you not to sell at any price you want but display the price. If you like sell at #1m ,just display the price. Simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by yewawa: 11:22pm On Apr 06
Nice move........strongly supported!

3 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by DaFuhrer(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06
Blenco Supermarket, Abule Egba. They are big thieves. Most of their goods don't have price tag

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by slowice(m): 11:57pm On Apr 06
The comment session is filled with people who has never done business in their entire life. Lol
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by ufotunang: 12:04am On Apr 07
Government reduce the price of fuel, disel and the prices of foodstuffs and goods will reduce and be cheap...with the high costs of fuel and disel you can expect price of foodstuffs and goods to be stable .the high costs of transportating this foodstuffs and goods and high costs of production of this foodstuffs and goods causes the instability of the prices of these items

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Trade Balance Turns Positive In Q4 As Exports Jump / Union Bank Sells UK Subsidiary / Microsoft Opens It First African Development Center In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.