Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product (20174 Views)

Court Freezes 3 Firms’ Accounts Over Non-Disclosure Of Lifted Crude Oil / Pos: Fuel Stations To Charge N50 On Product Sales From Dec 1 / Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by ufotunang: 12:05am On Apr 07
So this is their problem abi?
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by WhiteWood: 12:06am On Apr 07
Xscape1993:
Talking about price regulation is not a bad one, but why do we always talk about less important things and leave out the important ones in this part of the world? To me if you know that the price is so high for you in this place, you go to the next place for price comparison.

To me, you should be arrested for lack of understanding.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Omoejigbahe(m): 12:08am On Apr 07
Ebeano on Admiralty road, Lekki is number 1 on the list

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Truthshotcrazy: 12:13am On Apr 07
Okoroawusa:

I notice that it's becoming a common practice by supermarkets in Lagos these days.
Recently I saw a product displayed for 1,950 only for the price to be 2,300 at the cashier's point.
The problem is not the money but the glaring dishonesty
sad
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by HimName: 12:24am On Apr 07
noobody:
JENDOL!!!

Na dem!

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by bionixs: 12:37am On Apr 07
Xscape1993:
Talking about price regulation is not a bad one, but why do we always talk about less important things and leave out the important ones in this part of the world? To me if you know that the price is so high for you in this place, you go to the next place for price comparison.
see your senseless reasoning.

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Twoclans(f): 1:01am On Apr 07
Nice one , please Abuja should follow and do the right thing.

They not only fail to put price tags they also put a different tag on the product and a higher price on the system.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by bigsmoke2(m): 1:49am On Apr 07
It's due to constant change in price due to inflation. It happened in Venezuela too
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by ObalendeCMS: 2:23am On Apr 07
Igboes are very guilty of this. Very unpatriotic people!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Btruth: 2:49am On Apr 07
Okoroawusa:

I notice that it's becoming a common practice by supermarkets in Lagos these days.
Recently I saw a product displayed for 1,950 only for the price to be 2,300 at the cashier's point.
He provided the agency’s social media platforms as well as dedicated phone lines for such reports, which are 08124993885, 09064323154, and 08092509777, urging the public to actively participate in safeguarding their consumer rights.

This is the way to go sir ☝️. We will learn by force

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by stuffs2002: 2:51am On Apr 07
ignis:
it shouldn't be compulsory. Competition should be market force that drive purchases. Nobody is forced to buy.

That is just the excuse scammers love to use to steal people's money.

Place a price tag and let people know what price and item is. You can sell your items at N1million if you want. Those who will buy will still buy. Just put a price tag

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by stuffs2002: 2:55am On Apr 07
being:

Like these agencies don't have priorities ! Why not go to oyingbo market and close the entire market cos they didn't put tag on their goods... Just imagine!

IPOB hate sincerity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by friday2011(m): 3:19am On Apr 07
ignis:
it shouldn't be compulsory. Competition should be market force that drive purchases. Nobody is forced to buy.

What is this one saying? Is it so hard to understand the write up?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:06am On Apr 07
Bahamas95:
Nice one.

Nigerians are the most wicked people on earth, they take advantage of every opportunity to punish others.

"E don cost o" nai we dey always hear for Nigeria, when e cheap traders nor go talk.
You not a business owner I see
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:07am On Apr 07
JohnAOne:
Very good.

Also, the practice of putting a different price tag from the one on the system at the cashier must stop!

You'll see a lower price on the product only to get to the cashier and see a higher price.
Is exchange rate their fault?
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:43am On Apr 07
ignis:

Did you understand what the article is all about

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by 123papas(m): 4:48am On Apr 07
They should also arrest sellers on Jiji.

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:51am On Apr 07
being:

Like these agencies don't have priorities ! Why not go to oyingbo market and close the entire market cos they didn't put tag on their goods... Just imagine!

Can you enter mall and be asked the cashier the prices of hundreds items on the shelf, some the cashier doesn't if knew the items but oyingbo individually knows their items and prices.always read and understand before comments so that you don't look ........
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:07am On Apr 07
MIKOLOWISKA:

You not a business owner I see

Those customers are civil servants and businesses owners too or those money were given to them free.imagine you charter truck to transport your goods and reaching your destination the driver said 1m is the charge what's going to be your reaction

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Pat081: 5:14am On Apr 07
Okoroawusa:

You are right same thing happen to me too they are now telling me that the person that will do it is not around that day after 4 days same thing I right this the right way to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Cantonese: 5:53am On Apr 07
I absolutely agree that some supermarkets should be sealed up as a lesson.

The painful part for me aside from not placing the price tags, is not putting the right prices on the products. You get the products with a particular price on it first; when you get to the counter, the cashier machines and gives you a different price from what is displayed on the counter. That is always so embarrassing and annoying.

I can mention two popular supermarket with this very disgusting behavior.

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Cantonese: 5:56am On Apr 07
ignis:

Exactly why we have very horrible leaders in this country, when youths like you see rubbish all the time like this and support it.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by Christlike01: 6:03am On Apr 07
ObalendeCMS:
Igboes are very guilty of this. Very unpatriotic people!

Their evil plan is very simple: what you can't have,you destroy it!
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by DJInfluence: 6:03am On Apr 07
ignis:
It has nothing to do with competition. A buyer should know the price of what they are buying before putting it in their cart. This will ensure they are spending within their budget.
And not reaching the counter and the cashier just arbitrarily dole out prices on items. It's called transparency which also helps with competition.

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by OlujobaSamuel: 6:15am On Apr 07
Hmmmm, I don't think there is any illegality therein, stores are not bound to sell at displayed price, that's why, under contract, the displayed price is termed "invitation to treat", what some stores do is to have price checker at various points so you don't have to get to pay point to know the actual price.
It's just like seeing a price online, only to call to place an order, then you get a different quote.
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by gentleguy1975: 6:35am On Apr 07
JohnAOne:
Very good.

Also, the practice of putting a different price tag from the one on the system at the cashier must stop!

You'll see a lower price on the product only to get to the cashier and see a higher price.
I have experienced this too

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by honestivo(m): 6:39am On Apr 07
Xscape1993:
read to understand

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by HenryTimes: 6:50am On Apr 07
ignis:

Supermarket is different because you were not given an opportunity to price hence the need for price tag.

1 Like

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by delan40(m): 6:50am On Apr 07
being:

Your mumu too much, they said supermarket you are mentioning oyingbo market

2 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by waxxydude: 6:52am On Apr 07
talk2hb1:
Is it a crime?
Abeg make them come catch the Aboki in my street selling groceries, he didn't attach price tag to goods in his shop too.
you seem 🧠 dead
Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by naijapips02: 6:58am On Apr 07
The Prince supermarket opposite deeperlife gbagada

3 Likes

Re: LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product by HenryTimes: 7:04am On Apr 07
ufotunang:
So this is their problem abi?

It is obvious you don't shop at supermarket and that's the reason you don't know that this is a problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Union Bank Sells UK Subsidiary / Microsoft Opens It First African Development Center In Lagos / English Fixed Draws Compiler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.