Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? (10759 Views)

25 Times Jesus Warned Us About Hell As A Place Of Punishment For Lost Souls. / Video: The 6 Degrees Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Shunning / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Jackanda1(m): 7:52am On Apr 07
Happy sunday.

The bible talks about hell and death been cast into the lake of fire.(Rev20:13-15)
This means every unsaved person is going to be swimming in fire for all eternity.

What about people who were unlucky to exist before the gospel got to their location? E.g people who lived and died before the gospel got to Nigeria.

What about most people in countries e.g north korea and other such countries who have little to no knowledge about christ?

What of people who were unfortunate(they're all going to hell) to be born into say islam, budhism, hinduism and other religious movements? You might say these people should simply convert to christianity just by hearing the gospel, but switching religion isn't that simple. They are plugged to their faith the same way you have been indoctrinated and plugged to yours.

What about other sects of christianity that aren't getting it right?

Are all of this people going to be thrown into the lake of fire recieving same punishment as shekau or Hitler for all eternity?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:02am On Apr 07
Sure, according to Jesus' teachings.

Matthew 10:15 (KJV)

Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 11:21-24

Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

God bless.

12 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by lomprico(m): 8:25am On Apr 07
Jackanda1:
Happy sunday.

The bible talks about hell and death been cast into the lake of fire.(Rev20:13-15)
This means every unsaved person is going to be swimming in fire for all eternity.

What about people who were unlucky to exist before the gospel got to their location? E.g people who lived and died before the gospel got to Nigeria.

What about most people in countries e.g north korea and other such countries who have little to no knowledge about christ?

What of people who were unfortunate(they're all going to hell) to be born into say islam, budhism, hinduism and other religious movements? You might say these people should simply convert to christianity just by hearing the gospel, but switching religion isn't that simple. They are plugged to their faith the same way you have been indoctrinated and plugged to yours.

Are all of this people going to be thrown into the lake of fire recieving same punishment as shekau or Hitler for all eternity?

You are still brainwashed for the bolded.

10 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by AbuTwins: 8:28am On Apr 07
Biblically they all go to hell!

Except a man be born again he shall never see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

But Islamically,...they will be tested by the Almighty on that ressurection day and if they obey Him and pass they will enter paradise. If they disobey His command, they will be doomed to hell.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).” [Al-Isra 17:15]

And there many levels of hells as established in the Islamic texts!

This life is a test. Hell and Paradise are the rewards!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Jackanda1(m): 8:31am On Apr 07
lomprico:

You are still brainwashed for the bolded.
I can't see any bolded.

How am i brainwashed? cc: nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by LordReed(m): 8:33am On Apr 07
Jackanda1:
Happy sunday.

Good questions. If you ever find an answer that makes sense make sure to tell me please.

5 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Jackanda1(m): 8:39am On Apr 07

17 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by LordReed(m): 8:43am On Apr 07
Jackanda1:
lols. I don't support the idea of people getting burnt for all eternity for any reason.

This is a part of christianity i still struggle with.

Well it's in the Bible isn't it?

I am interested in knowing what answers you think make sense to your questions. It would be very interesting indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by shortgun(m): 8:56am On Apr 07
Biblically, anyone not saved by Jesus Christ will not go to paradise with Christ when rapture takes place and the people left behind including the ones who didn't have the opportunity to be saved in their life time will be given a second chance to redeem themselves through unimaginable torture and persecution in a world ruled by Satan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by ATEAMS: 8:57am On Apr 07
You want us to snitch on hell ?
Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Starboytwo(m): 8:57am On Apr 07
What of all our forefathers who never practiced Christianity or muslimity. I guess they all in hell burning.

18 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by fawaz050(m): 8:57am On Apr 07
What of people who were unfortunate(they're all going to hell) to be born into say islam, budhism, hinduism and other religious movements?

What about Jews, they're not going to hell? grin

Onisokuso

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by WorldRichest: 8:59am On Apr 07
YES.

Somebody who killed several people for rituals will not get the same punishment as someone who was stealing goats and chickens in the village

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by saddler: 9:00am On Apr 07
The believe in heaven and hell is the most dumb and stupid thing any human can do.

All actions whether bad or good are rewarded here on earth.

You spirit doesn't have a body that will be burned nor do your spirit have a nervous system that reacts to pain.

Its all lies and falsehood concocted by the whiteman to control you.

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by FineUsername(m): 9:00am On Apr 07
All the degrees grade na first class.

You wey tell your neighbor ‘waka’ and your neighbor wey kill person na same hell fire wuna go dey dey gossip with gnashing of teeth.

1 Like

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by WorldRichest: 9:01am On Apr 07
saddler:
There is no hell

Let's assume there is. That is how I have been living my life. Just follow the Ten Commandments. If after death we discover there is no Hell, then we would have lost nothing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by twosquare(m): 9:01am On Apr 07
Yes.
Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:01am On Apr 07
The idea of hell is nonsensical, if it does exist, only the psycho who created it deserves to suffer such torment.

9 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Oakenshield: 9:02am On Apr 07
Jackanda1:
Happy sunday.

who gave u inscription of Angels poking people with spikes? The bible said all those who lived before christ will be judged according to their works and not because they didn't hear christ? Because people like Isaiah, Jeremiah, Abraham wouldn't have access to heaven

1 Like

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by WorldRichest: 9:02am On Apr 07
ReacherSaidNoth:
The idea of hell is nonsensical, if it does exist, only the psycho who created it deserves to suffer such torment.

I no dey for this your high level of drugs abuse. I am not sure of the existence of God, yet I keep His Commandments in case He exists

3 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Honestey: 9:03am On Apr 07
Of course, you can't expect Ojukwu and Abacha to be in the same depth of hell.

1 Like

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Thevoicenew1: 9:03am On Apr 07
Portable Grand entrance at Ajakaju: Beast of two worlds in Ikeja City mall, Lagos (video)
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbQFoMvGbMc
Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Chikel20000(m): 9:04am On Apr 07
Starboytwo:
What of all our forefathers who never practiced Christianity or muslimity. I guess they all in hell burning.

dis is my mere suggestions..note, it's not in d bible or the words of God....I think God will judge people based on what they know...that is...u have conscience, u have laws n constitution..

No law supports evil....pls try n check....for those who don't know Jesus, ur moral laws will judge u....pls dis is just my thinking

1 Like

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Basiljoe: 9:04am On Apr 07
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by PandoraObi: 9:05am On Apr 07
Actually hell was initially for the devil and his angels, but all sinners that refused to repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will go to hell, I didn't say those that didn't go to church, more church goers than Muslims and other religions will go to hell. Jesus Christ didn't bring religion, He bought salvation
Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Nyanabo(m): 9:05am On Apr 07
jesusjnr2020:
Sure, according to Jesus teachings.

Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

God bless.

Did you take what led to Jesus saying that into context before saying that?

What I expected to to quote is this ; Matthew 24:14, “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations.” before his second coming

2 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by vdestro: 9:06am On Apr 07
Jackanda1:

Nope!

Mathew 12:36
Not one idle word escapes so how can idle acts escale

Judgment always follows the case.

So when God gives Judgment, hellfire packages the punishment described by the judgment to.you.
Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Nlanalyst: 9:06am On Apr 07
Hell is an illusion for the poor.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by Jokerman(m): 9:07am On Apr 07
Yes there are o... Just that Hell is Hell....

Hell is not a place to be
Re: Are There Degrees Of Punishment In Hell? by EreluRoz: 9:07am On Apr 07
jesusjnr2020:
Sure, according to Jesus teachings.

God bless.
That city? Which city?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Water Baptism Really Important? / Why Do Pastors In Nigeria Pretend To Be Christians But Are Actually Freemasons?? / What's Your Favourite Version Of The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.