Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) (43831 Views)

Meet One Of The Tallest Students In Ghana - Picture / Meet The Tallest Student In Ghana, 14-Year-Old Kwame (Photos) / Uniabuja Tallest Student โ€œevidenceโ€ Shows Off His Modelling Skills In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by georgeakins: 9:53am On Apr 08
Bestmanfornow:

Expect more this is just university of medicine and health science which Igbos are leading.

Ibos like celebrating mediocrity.
One structure university is a spectacular thing in their eyes.

Have you been to Afe Babalola University?

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by CodeTemplar: 9:55am On Apr 08
Great idea. Though the tallest tag is not really needed.

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Exceed15: 9:59am On Apr 08
It's not about TALL the building is. It is about how SAFE it is. We don't want to hear bad news.

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by aderadio1: 10:07am On Apr 08
meum:

17-storey building, the tallest building in south east & south south? What will the 21-storey building in Akwa Ibom, south south Nigeria be called? I guess the highest building in the south east & south south๐Ÿ˜‚

Tribune should research well before making such claims.
Tallest doesn't actually mean the number of floors.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by AnambraPeople: 10:12am On Apr 08

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by CorrectionFLuid: 10:14am On Apr 08
kokoA:
This building don tey small o, I remember seeing it when I went for my guy's wedding in Anambra. The man try o, na inside him village he build skyscraper.

High-rise. Not skyscraper

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by sunsweet33: 10:17am On Apr 08
Luckily the name is easily pronounceable in English. Unfortunately these things matter a lot

Changing anambra state uni to Chukwuemeka Odumegwu ojukwu university and University of Ife to obafemi Awolowo university were nice sentimental gestures but ultimately detract from marketability on the world stage.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Magnumproperty: 10:17am On Apr 08
Juliusganduje:
It is real. I've gone there before and has seen it.
You need to sue your English teachers.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by PHIPEX(m): 10:21am On Apr 08
slivertongue:
one structure University?
Better than 200 bungalow university littered everywhere. Maximum land usage and value

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by MartinsD12(m): 10:24am On Apr 08
Bestmanfornow:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/anambra-nuc-inspects-structures-of-yet-to-be-unveiled-godwin-maduka-medical-varsity/
This man could have become a better governor than soludo who is currently the governor of anambra, he has done more in anambra any politician
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by nams77: 10:26am On Apr 08
Chikel20000:
People will still complain
They are already complaining. Someone else's money o!

3 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Juliusganduje: 10:28am On Apr 08
Magnumproperty:

You need to sue your English teachers.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Stale.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by BuyMeBanger: 10:31am On Apr 08
Is that all we look for in Nigeria, useless 'records', "tallest University"๐Ÿ™„.

Saying that, I like the way it stands out in the middle of nowhere, it's giving me sci-fi/horror vibes๐Ÿ™‚.

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by PepeXKermit: 10:35am On Apr 08
slivertongue:

Go abroad and see one structure university wey get rank pass all ypur schools in africa combined. Nde Aara!

4 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by nedekid: 10:39am On Apr 08
decatalyst:
Anything that adds to the health sector is a welcome development. Well done๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Hmmm...movement in and out is a major concern.

Don't always think elevator will come to the rescue always...emergency situations nko?

What about those who do not like or use elevator at all?

I hope there is provision of Ramp that will go all the way up.
Those that don't like elevators have the option of trekking.

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by adecz: 10:41am On Apr 08
When it comes to meaningful private
projects, Igbo & Yoruba dey try...

Northerners don't have time for these
types of legacy projects that will impact
their people and the nation.. Their own
is to steal government money, use the
money to marry more wives ( preferably
Arabian women ), build mosques, go to Mecca every Friday and "assist" their community
by giving N200 each to the army of beggars
and almajiri who line up every Friday in
front of their village mansions๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Igbo & Yoruba, una wehdoneโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Igboslayer: 10:42am On Apr 08
shortgun:
This is commendable, a lifelong investment that is protected from lawless power drunk rascals like Wike who goes about demolishing peoples property illegally. angry
Hope he has the right approval to build that structure on oooo
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Originalsly: 10:44am On Apr 08
Juliusganduje:

It is real. I've gone there before and has seen it.

What was it when you went there? .... an office building? ... was it fairly occupied?.. or was like a ghost building? ... was there a/c? ... was it well lit? ... did you use the washroom? ... was there good water flow? ... well maintained? .... what floor did you visit? ... how was elevator service? ...out of 10 ... how would you rate the building?

As the headline says .... I believe this was constructed with the priority that it must be the tallest building... nothing else matters. Maintenance of this building will require a fortune. Glass panels missing.... what else? A/c has to be running 24/7 ... is it? We just don't like to be humble ... what we do must always be about the size ... not quality. How can you promote a university and say very little about the fields of study... quality of education ... fees ... studies etc?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Morbeta11(m): 10:45am On Apr 08
slivertongue:

Show us your papa house...
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by abobote: 10:48am On Apr 08
Everything must be tribalised in this tribalistic forum
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Juliusganduje: 10:51am On Apr 08
Originalsly:

What was it when you want there? .... an office building? ... was it fairly occupied?.. or was like a ghost building? ... was there a/c? ... was it well lit? ... did you use the washroom? ... was there good water flow? ... well maintained? .... what floor did you visit? ... how was elevator service? ...out of 10 ... how would you rate the building?

As the headline says .... I believe this was instructed with the priority that it must be the tallest building... nothing else matters. Maintenance of this building will require a fortune. Glass panels missing.... what else? A/c has to be running 24/7 ... is it? We just don't like to be humble ... what we do must always be about the size ... not quality. How can you promote a university and say very little about the fields of study... quality of education ... fees ... studies etc?
That place is close to my village. The man initially built it as a hospital. The owner Dr Godwin Maduka is a medical doctor based in Texas. He built it in the image of the hospital he works at in Texas. But I'm just hearing now that he wants to turn it to a university.

3 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Mandate2023: 10:52am On Apr 08
slivertongue:

The initial plan was to build a standard hospital that will attract ppl from wide and near but he latter realise such a project won't sell in such a location so he abandoned it but I just came up with dis new ideal of converting it to institution and that's not a bad idea but I know he would probably be regretting and wish he had built it like a normal university
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by nedekid: 10:52am On Apr 08
slivertongue:
Yeah, lots of universities are like that, expecially those in cities. Eg university of east London I think is similar but smaller.
Notice the focus is on health sciences not the general stuff. That building will be more than enough to contain all they need. Possibly hostels will be located outside the premises. Do not forget that place was built many years ago originally as a research institute for foreign medical professionals, if I remember right, a complex was also built to house visiting researchers.

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by nedekid: 10:57am On Apr 08
slimfit1:
Just build and educate people. Looking for the tallest university is and unnecessary records. Beautiful structure yes but too much foolishness. Focus on the education part pls.
Foolishness? Kindly explain better.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by nedekid: 10:59am On Apr 08
Originalsly:

What was it when you want there? .... an office building? ... was it fairly occupied?.. or was like a ghost building? ... was there a/c? ... was it well lit? ... did you use the washroom? ... was there good water flow? ... well maintained? .... what floor did you visit? ... how was elevator service? ...out of 10 ... how would you rate the building?

As the headline says .... I believe this was instructed with the priority that it must be the tallest building... nothing else matters. Maintenance of this building will require a fortune. Glass panels missing.... what else? A/c has to be running 24/7 ... is it? We just don't like to be humble ... what we do must always be about the size ... not quality. How can you promote a university and say very little about the fields of study... quality of education ... fees ... studies etc?
Oga, oga, the man has done and is doing his, you do yours better considering you obviously have me sense than the man and will make a better building.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by drlateef: 11:00am On Apr 08
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by clockwisereport: 11:02am On Apr 08
slivertongue:
same as skyline univ, kano

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by SaLongs1(m): 11:07am On Apr 08
Chikel20000:
People will still complain
Some of them are up above shamelessly making negative comments full of envy and negative vibes.

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Bestmanfornow: 11:15am On Apr 08
georgeakins:

Ibos like celebrating mediocrity.
One structure university is a spectacular thing in their eyes.

Have you been to Afe Babalola University?
Youruba people an envy

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Bestmanfornow: 11:19am On Apr 08
MartinsD12:

This man could have become a better governor than soludo who is currently the governor of anambra, he has done more in anambra any politician
Soludo is doing great in Anambra state
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Originalsly: 11:31am On Apr 08
nedekid:

Oga, oga, the man has done and is doing his, you do yours better considering you obviously have me sense than the man and will make a better building.

Kids everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Professor Kokunre Agbontaen-Eghafona Appointed As Pope Adviser / Outcome Of Today's ASUU Meeting With FG / Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.