Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) (43846 Views)

Meet One Of The Tallest Students In Ghana - Picture / Meet The Tallest Student In Ghana, 14-Year-Old Kwame (Photos) / Uniabuja Tallest Student “evidence” Shows Off His Modelling Skills In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Originalsly: 11:39am On Apr 08
Juliusganduje:

That place is close to my village. The man initially built it as a hospital. The owner Dr Godwin Maduka is a medical doctor based in Texas. He built it in the image of the hospital he works at in Texas. But I'm just hearing now that he wants to turn it to a university.

Thanks for the added information. What I really want to know is the state of the building ... how well it is maintained and how much of it is occupied.... as in most of the floors have something going on?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by anonimi: 11:42am On Apr 08
Bestmanfornow:
Ndi-Anambra firing from all Cylinders

Yesterday world class Golf course that was built by Obijackson was inaugurated in Okija Anambra state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8WTyxZ4hpo?si=3LbjOHogFUqF3f4d

How far with pipe borne water supply in this all cylinder Anambra?

Do all house, hospitals, schools, offices, factories etc have water supply

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by delzbaba(m): 11:51am On Apr 08
This man don later get sense, the structure dey waste away before.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Bestmanfornow: 12:03pm On Apr 08
anonimi:

How far with pipe borne water supply in this all cylinder Anambra?

Do all house, hospitals, schools, offices, factories etc have water supply
Watch and cure your ignorant mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_SxgNLJG0g
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Squirrel1(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08
Chikel20000:
People will still complain
exactly. People that don't even own a home 🤣
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by patrickcollins: 12:10pm On Apr 08
Forkthiefnubu:

Ok I wish him well and hope he detaches his ego and being from a none living concrete structure in African tropical rain forest , if he donates his time in teaching at any of our medical institutions in the east we will appreciate it more
A man that employed numerous white people working in diffrent branches of his medical clinics across USA should come back and teach

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Bestmanfornow: 12:12pm On Apr 08
CorrectionFLuid:

High-rise. Not skyscraper
Teacher Skyscraper start from 10 stores

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by magoo10(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08
kingmaster2009:

Tell me how many Anambra university is one of the first 10 best universities in Africa....

Daydreamer ...

I'm sure....nah only 20 students the school go get....one person each course ....

Hip hip hip hurray

Keep celebrating mediocrity among your people while all the other people living you behind
God bless Anambra state
God bless the southeast
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by anonimi: 12:36pm On Apr 08
Bestmanfornow:

Watch and cure your ignorant mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_SxgNLJG0g

You should have shared verifiable data on the increased volume of water supplied and areas covered since Soludo became governor to remedy Peter Obi's gargantuan failures.

Are you able to do this to show that you are not the ignorant one here

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by goaldynboy: 12:37pm On Apr 08
benuejosh:
I thought this building was meant to be a hospital and it is now a university? Maduka wan get the money wey him spend for election back.

So you don't know that a place can both a Hospital and School simultaneously; just like the teaching hospitals dotted all over the country?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by 12345baba(m): 12:40pm On Apr 08
slivertongue:
one structure University?
come and see Margaret Lawrence uni in abj

2 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Juliusganduje: 12:57pm On Apr 08
Originalsly:

Thanks for the added information. What I really want to know is the state of the building ... how well it is maintained and how much of it is occupied.... as in most of the floors have something going on?
No. It is a ghost building. Nothing is even inside it. Even the inside is yet to be completed. Grass took over it since. They just cut the grass and put some sign post for the pictures.

3 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by deji17: 1:07pm On Apr 08
It's good that finally this building is being used for something rather than have it rot away for many years. The whole thing looks like a money miss road venture at a time.

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by deji17: 1:12pm On Apr 08
MartinsD12:

This man could have become a better governor than soludo who is currently the governor of anambra, he has done more in anambra any politician

They say the man is an OSU . The thing that goes on in Igbo land , most of it stays there. It's a cover up.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by MartinsD12(m): 1:19pm On Apr 08
Bestmanfornow:

Soludo is doing great in Anambra state
I never said he is not , just that maduka is a philanthropist, I feel he is passionate about development he will do better
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Originalsly: 1:19pm On Apr 08
Juliusganduje:

No. It is a ghost building. Nothing is even inside it. Even the inside is yet to be completed. Grass took over it since. They just cut the grass and put some sign post for the pictures.

grin ... thanks a lot! I thought as much! .... one sign post the drain was cleared.... but the other sign post the drain was all clogged with grass... a sign of poor maintenance. White elephant.... just that the man still have dreams. ... hung his hat where his hand can't reach.

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by MartinsD12(m): 1:20pm On Apr 08
deji17:

They say the man is an OSU . The thing that goes on in Igbo land , most of it stays there. It's a cover up.
Nothing like osu again in Igbo land

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by InvertedHammer: 1:37pm On Apr 08
georgeakins:

Ibos like celebrating mediocrity.
One structure university is a spectacular thing in their eyes.

Have you been to Afe Babalola University?
/
As just a University of Medical and Health Sciences, that one building is enough. He needs to have it properly equipped though. Knowledge is about quality not quantity. A closeby Administrative block, blocks of hostels and sports arena with water and constant electricity (who want climb stairs) are the only things remaining. In terms of admission, they must make it highly competitive--only admitting the best of the best.
/

/

3 Likes

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by InvertedHammer: 1:40pm On Apr 08
georgeakins:

/
As just a University of Medical and Health Sciences, that one building is enough. He needs to have it properly equipped though. Knowledge is about quality not quantity. A closeby Administrative block, blocks of hostels and sports arena with water and constant electricity (who want climb stairs) are the only things remaining. In terms of admission, they must make it highly competitive--only admitting the best of the best.

The only concern is that proposed in Nigeria usually means NEVER or NOT IN THE NEAREST future which is why I don't understand the rush to run to the press. Hopefully it won't be a rebranding for the next gubernatorial election irrespective of the denial of intent.

It doesn't help that the person advertising it is the former campaign manager known for using different monikers on nairaland.

/

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by sunsweet33: 1:49pm On Apr 08
deji17:

But It’s even Osu that get most of the juicy positions in Igboland. Due to Christian influence. So that qualifies him for the governorship even more
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by CorrectionFLuid: 1:58pm On Apr 08
Bestmanfornow:

Teacher Skyscraper start from 10 stores

Prof, I am not your enemy.

The article you screenshot clearly said historically. But now it's measured by the height, not the number of floors.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by slivertongue: 3:09pm On Apr 08
Morbeta11:

Show us your papa house...

NL is for educative discourse not for name calling. The question I asked has received elucidation.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Abagworo(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08
This Maduka highrise has really changed purpose several times from Hospital to medical research center and years later he has settled for it be made a Medical University. I hope it is realized this time around.

https://www.nairaland.com/3554305/umuchukwu-medical-research-centre-anambras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu8mWdShJ4o?si=fUPJeJkk8TNrNoFM
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Dstar434(m): 3:47pm On Apr 08
meum:

17-storey building, the tallest building in south east & south south? What will the 21-storey building in Akwa Ibom, south south Nigeria be called? I guess the highest building in the south east & south south😂

Tribune should research well before making such claims.

It's you that should read well before commenting. It says "Tallest University" and not "Tallest Building".
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by Juliusganduje: 4:21pm On Apr 08
Originalsly:

grin ... thanks a lot! I thought as much! .... one sign post the drain was cleared.... but the other sign post the drain was all clogged with grass... a sign of poor maintenance. White elephant.... just that the man still have dreams. ... hung his hat where his hand can't reach.
The man is doing it because of the coming Anambra election in 2025. He thinks he can hoodwink people with this white elephant project.

1 Like

Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by meum: 4:28pm On Apr 08
Dstar434:

It's you that should read well before commenting. It says "Tallest University" and not "Tallest Building".
It’s you that should read well before quoting me. Go back & read the entire write up. Don’t tell me you didn’t see the tallest building in southeast & south south? Get a pair of glasses if you need one.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by spartachico(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08
Was this not the abandoned building that was surrounded with bushes that was home to goats and sheep's and this building was used against Obi during campaign period... Lol now it's the tallest university in Nigeria. Afi suru
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by meum: 4:33pm On Apr 08
aderadio1:
Tallest doesn't actually mean the number of floors.
Wonderful.
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by igwebuike01: 6:55pm On Apr 08
meum:

17-storey building, the tallest building in south east & south south? What will the 21-storey building in Akwa Ibom, south south Nigeria be called? I guess the highest building in the south east & south south😂

No be by number of storeys, na by total height
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by YourKarma: 7:20pm On Apr 08
georgeakins:

Cambridge abs Oxford are just 1 structure so what's your point?
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by meum: 7:25pm On Apr 08
igwebuike01:

No be by number of storeys, na by total height
True but I doubt it is the tallest in south south too. May be only in the south east. The one in Uyo is 108.8 meters (357 ft)
Re: Tallest University In Nigeria To Unveil In Anambra State(photos) by tiswell(m): 8:21pm On Apr 08
meum:

link to the 21 storey building in akwa ibom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Professor Kokunre Agbontaen-Eghafona Appointed As Pope Adviser / Outcome Of Today's ASUU Meeting With FG / Medical Students To Spend 7 Years In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.