Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

$2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria (31289 Views)

Obasanjo Offers To Testify Against Agunloye In $2.3bn Mambilla Arbitration / FG-Siemens Power Deal: Transformers Arrive Nigeria / Usman Gur Mohammed Sacked Over N781bn Siemens Power Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by MasterTeeUSA: 3:58pm On Apr 08
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by tnerro1(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08
Should have been done before the tariffs increase, but as someone said, he likes to punish the masses instead of taking the humane approach
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by vickthourh(m): 4:08pm On Apr 08
Ejiakusmith:
I just lose seven thousand naira now on a virtual bet .... Money I just withdraw for food stuffs purposes.......... Feeling like going to comma now 😭😭😭😭😭

Continue...
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Kusu12: 4:09pm On Apr 08
Honestfrend:
shocked

Everything dey say about u been a Tinubu ur-chin is true...

A reasonable and responsible person will condemn a bad thing when dey see it and complement a good thing when they see it..

But as for u, u don't enter trend where the government does something bad... U rather will wait for every for stuff like this to mastubate on..
What's bad in his comment, you are the one who is irredeemable wailing wailer, who always wailing and sad over any good news.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by ozo13(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08
mrdharkchild:
And after installation, the transformers won't taste power till power generation os sufficient. Lolz
generating capacity is around 11-13000megawat .the challenge is the transmission (majorly as we don't have the capacity to transmit all we generate because of lack of infrastructure) and distribution
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by dNortherner(m): 4:09pm On Apr 08
AskNgige2:
Audio and APC are like 5and6
Let's have hope at least for once in our lives pal, we might get there. I no blame you tho'
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by ivandragon: 4:12pm On Apr 08
Good.

These should be properly done with deadlines and sanctions upon those who would want to cause delays for pecuniary gains.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by BabaO2: 4:14pm On Apr 08
Rookie,useless, careless, irresponsible yuppie power minister. This is a mismatch appointment that will give Tinubu public condemnation.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Procashtips(m): 4:18pm On Apr 08
Ejiakusmith:
I just lose seven thousand naira now on a virtual bet .... Money I just withdraw for food stuffs purposes.......... Feeling like going to comma now 😭😭😭😭😭

The ticket betslip is edible, you haven't totally lost.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by heniford2: 4:18pm On Apr 08
Another one!!! Propaganda at its best

1 Like

Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by worksmart(m): 4:25pm On Apr 08
Propaganda and false promises started with Tinubu. Buhari tried to be honest and transparent.
Entanglement:
see the minister of power face like 33kva transformer!

The propaganda is just too much! Since 3years we are awaiting Siemens arrival. undecided
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Phred1717: 4:26pm On Apr 08
Are we just happy for the arrival of it... Why not mount it, let it run smoothly before increasing the price. One chance beta pass Tis government
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Paramount01(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08
Bonaventura:
We've been hearing of this Siemens project for years now. This is one of the redherring to distract us from the fact that Tinubu and his ministers have been failures.

Best hands in the mud.

Their reactionary approach to development wants to make one cry.

By the time the foreign reserve is completely depleted because they are pretending to be defending the naira we'll know what else they'd say.

Adelabu is one of the worst performing minister out of the bunch of mediocre ministers of Tinubu. He's the worst of the worst.

He increased electricity tariffs in the dead of the night just like his mandate thief principal was illegitimately announced in the dead of the night and now he wants to distract us with Siemens behemoth project.

Ọkα»₯ gbakwaa all of them.

Ndα»‹ ara!

Igbos will not disappoint sha
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by papalsayer(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08
Pinsho ouor idonbileeiveit
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by ozo13(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08
UTILITYMAY:
How soon will the project be completed?
I think a month minister issue order just some weeks ago for transmission company to be ready in 6months to transmit more electricity.

1 Like

Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by muyico(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08
another lies? PH refinery we no c anytinz till now!
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Ejiakusmith(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08
Heart of men ..... Desperately wicked,,, so make I begin chop pappers

Procashtips:

The ticket betslip is edible, you haven't totally lost.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Paramount01(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08
Johnjustice:
This is what FG should be talking about, generating and transmitting more power, so every Nigeria has 24hrs power a day, at that point government can subsidize for low income Nigerians.

Every Nigeria deserves 24hrs power, this is 2024, talk of band A 24hrs, band B 16hrs, band c 12hrs and d 6 hours is nonsense and discriminatory.

Nigerians must benefit from the wealth of the nation, see the Siemens project through and ensure public installation facilities are well guarded and positioned strategically, out of the reach of saboteurs and bandits.

My own is we should just get 24/7 light wen if I can't pay for it, light is not free anywhere, let be sure of light first before subsidizing it
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by concho(m): 4:50pm On Apr 08
Ejiakusmith:

Sell some stuffs in your house and place more bets , you will recover
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Bliztzer: 4:55pm On Apr 08
silento:
Nigeria will be great again only if the greed people at top will reduce way they chop

Na so dem tell us say dem dey build modular refineries but we never see one wey dey work after 8 years plus.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Dogalmighty17: 5:09pm On Apr 08
Ejiakusmith:

Hurry and go. Don't come back.

1 Like

Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by jedisco(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08
Nobody is talking about 'German' loan trap now like they would if it was China. Is this not a direct copy of what the Chinese are doing in Africa? - Something western nations including Germany have criticised them for.
$2.3 loan from Germany to be given to a German company. This is over half of all we've borrowed from China since 2007 bring taken out at once

In addition, what are the nitty-gritties of this loan
What's the loan interest rate and how competitive is it?
How much would a similar project have have cost if the bidding process was open?
What are the restrictive covenants in place e.g if Nigeria can't pay back.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by shugamummy: 5:31pm On Apr 08
I really don't understand folks like you. This was how the vulture griller was everywhere on Nairaland declaring how his fucking Darling Daddy would transform Niejeria in 2yrs. So let me ask you, why do you think Abba Kyari would be blessed because he used Nigerian money from the Niger Delta to import bunches of transformers and power plant equipments without empowering his own people to create even matchstick which would have employed thousands by simply creating the enabling environment so Niejeria can produce similar power plants and transformers?
Rubbish...

FreeStuffsNG:
God bless the family of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, the foremost champion of the project.
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari for personally leading the project at the highest offices of both nations.

God bless President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for continuing with this great legacy of President Buhari.

Thank you German Chancellor Angela Merkel for making this partnership a reality during your tenure.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by grandstar(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08
Why didn't they go for a Chinese manufacturer which might have been cheaper?

I am not condemning this transaction. It's highly commendable.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Love800(m): 5:37pm On Apr 08
What is the meaning of 33kv and 11kv?
Bonaventura:
We've been hearing of this Siemens project for years now. This is one of the redherring to distract us from the fact that Tinubu and his ministers have been failures.

Best hands in the mud.

Their reactionary approach to development wants to make one cry.

By the time the foreign reserve is completely depleted because they are pretending to be defending the naira we'll know what else they'd say.

Adelabu is one of the worst performing minister out of the bunch of mediocre ministers of Tinubu. He's the worst of the worst.

He increased electricity tariffs in the dead of the night just like his mandate thief principal was illegitimately announced in the dead of the night and now he wants to distract us with Siemens behemoth project.

Ọkα»₯ gbakwaa all of them.

Ndα»‹ ara!
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by nedu666: 5:37pm On Apr 08
FreeStuffsNG:
God bless the family of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, the foremost champion of the project.
God bless President Muhammadu Buhari for personally leading the project at the highest offices of both nations.

God bless President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for continuing with this great legacy of President Buhari.

Thank you German Chancellor Angela Merkel for making this partnership a reality during your tenure.

May God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Your level of ass licking is disgusting. Since kyari died, the project did not move forward and you are saying God bless buhari. How will God bless an incompetent man
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 5:42pm On Apr 08
Kukutenla:
I thought someone said we need $100bn every year to resolve our power issues

cc: nairalanda1

100 billion over 5 years , because we just don't need to fix transmission, we need to improve generation and do even more work on the transmission.

No matter how much you feel about it, tis an expensive venture to keep us in 24 hour light.

To get there for people on the grid, we need 30000 mw. To get it for everyone, we need far far more. Hence the high costs.

The thing is, it is an expensive venture.
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 08
grandstar:
Why didn't they go for a Chinese manufacturer which might have been cheaper?

I am not condemning this transaction. It's highly commendable.

Siemens for now is the world leader..am even surprised they agreed to do the project for us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by grandstar(m): 5:45pm On Apr 08
nairalanda1:

Siemens for now is the world leader..am even surprised they agreed to do the project for us

Same here

1 Like

Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Kokomaster69: 5:47pm On Apr 08
$2.3bn involved ?

Just know that so much padding for the cabals.

Everything like this concerning Nigerian government officials na corruption full am
Re: $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria by Kukutenla: 5:58pm On Apr 08
nairalanda1:

100 billion over 5 years , because we just don't need to fix transmission, we need to improve generation and do even more work on the transmission.

No matter how much you feel about it, tis an expensive venture to keep us in 24 hour light.

To get there for people on the grid, we need 30000 mw. To get it for everyone, we need far far more. Hence the high costs.

The thing is, it is an expensive venture.
Well, this report makes a lie of your bogus claim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Aisha Buhari And Three Of Her Children / Lagos Mention In Buhari's Interview Not Reference To Tinubu, Says Presidency / Guy Slams Mrs Aisha Buhari For Wanting To Scrap Child Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.