Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (21181 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Ruggedman and Tuface (2Face) / Eedris Abdukareem or Ruggedman: Who Would You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2007
mailmalc:

please how do u judge if an artist is better than the other. I think the main criteria should be albulm sales, who's more popular and who most of his songs rocks?

Decide 4 yourself. Differnt Strokes for Different Folks

i am a fan of both

I think you should withdraw that statement when u can. If u could judge by hits 50 is the world's best rapper.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Wordsmith(m): 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ all,

see what i mean? Now the attacks have started again! Why can't you mode9 fans control yourselves? Granted, everyone feels passionate about their favorite artistes, but that doesn't mean we can't argue without the usual immature behaviour as portrayed now and then. It's a Sunday, dammit, wish each other well!!

@eldee,

thanks, lol, i try my best. I love to study and observe anything i'm passionate about. In this case music. I love analyzing an mc's lines, his style of delivery, style of writing, the kind of beats he/she's wont to use. I do that a lot with my younger bro. grin

@ Tjscale and .45:

i'm replying u both because u made similar comments. Now i garnered this from your write ups: Mode9 appeals to you because he raps like an American. Now my question is this - what is so bad about rapping like a Nigerian? Is being Nigerian such a bad thing that you'd want to dissociate yourself and music from it in your bid to show the outside world you too can rap? Is showcasing who u are so bad, that it becomes anathema simply because you're Nigerian? That to me is self-hatred! Again as an example, the South Africans. South African mcs sound South African, pick any out, even Proverb that punchlines like crazy sounds South African. From Tuks, Optical Illusion, H2O, Skwatta Kamp, Tumi, Prokid, Goddessa, Zola, Teargas, hell. . .even MyMan - they all sound South African! Should we pick another region? Can u tell me UK cats don't sound English? From Kano, Black Twang, Skitz, JME, The Streets, Dizzie Rascal - just name one of 'em that doesn't sound English. The point here being, what i once said and will continue to say - the music doesn't determine your soceity, your soceity determines the music.

Happy Sunday People
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Tjscale(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ Wordsmith
I never said there is anything wrong with Nigerian music i love naija music being done in the Nigerian way like hell but all i am saying is mode 9 is very good at what he does and i am sure he would have tried making music the nigerian way in his spare time at least that would get him a lot of shows but probably he didnt flow well like that. do you think he dont wanna make good money by selling more cds or shows, He won 3 awards from channel O and he desnt have the backing of KK and D1 so i dont think they were in anyway biased. Even that song that got him so many awards cannot be felt by the average Nigerian if you agree with me. What i am just saying s that he is very good at the way he does rap music and he is enjoying himself while doing it,not trying to impress an audience,
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kaydee(m): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2007
Wordsmith:

i'm replying u both because u made similar comments. Now i garnered this from your write ups: Mode9 appeals to you because he raps like an American. Now my question is this - what is so bad about rapping like a Nigerian? Is being Nigerian such a bad thing that you'd want to dissociate yourself and music from it in your bid to show the outside world you too can rap? Is showcasing who u are so bad, that it becomes anathema simply because you're Nigerian? That to me is self-hatred! Again as an example, the South Africans. South African mcs sound South African, pick any out, even Proverb that punchlines like crazy sounds South African. From Tuks, Optical Illusion, H2O, Skwatta Kamp, Tumi, Prokid, Goddessa, Zola, Teargas, hell. . .even MyMan - they all sound South African! Should we pick another region? Can u tell me UK cats don't sound English? From Kano, Black Twang, Skitz, JME, The Streets, Dizzie Rascal - just name one of 'em that doesn't sound English. The point here being, what i once said and will continue to say - the music doesn't determine your soceity, your soceity determines the music.

Happy Sunday People

Now take back the lies. Tumi,Optical Illusion(Zimbabwe) rap like South Africans? Na lie. I'll hook u up with these dudes because i don't think You've heard them spit before,then u'll know Modenine is still African. How else do you want Modenine to spit? You want him to rap in pidgin right? He's doin it just the way he should. What You gotta say bout Sauce n Overdose then? It's obvious You ain't making sense here.Modenine raps like a Nigerian and that's a fact. He's just too skillful. I don't see anybody apart from haters mistaking him for a Yankee rapper.Na lie.
I want to hear your audio stuff and see how u rap.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kaydee(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ Point45
Man! I gotta thank U openly for hooking me up with Tumi and those ill tracks i never had till i met ya.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Wordsmith(m): 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2007
@ kaydee:

tumi, optical illusion Zimbabweans? I thought they were South Africans? Apart from that, you're missing the point - the cats i mentioned sound like the areas where they're from. . .you can't tell me they sound American, nah that one go be white. . .in short multicolored lie! cheesy tongue

Mode9 rapping like a Nigerian? Dude, you're kidding right? Mode9 uses terms, symbols that are foreign to the Nigerian environment to metaphorise (permit me to use that word). Obviously you missed the point by thinking i was talking about his accent. Accent wise, he's ok. The Themes are what i've been trying to highlight. A good example's Malcolm IX- The Lost Sessions and you'd get what i mean when you've listened completely to it. Frankly, the only song i felt anybody could relate to was "Head", forget that it was subtle yet randy.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2007
No nine, no One.
9 is a rocket rapper, he hits the wall, where no one does. He's ma main mudaf*** lyricist.
Ya heard a fukt-up song titled "Abia Popo***" thats got RuggedMan's face in it? its shit men, it aint song, its a 4kin item, lol

But MODE 9, abeg respect
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 2:10am On Oct 08, 2007
@ritchboi
your stupidity knows no bounds.i gues your so DUMB u don't c anytin wrong in 'DRY RIVER'.perhaps u should go bak 2 primary school.how can a RIVER b DRY?Den how is it a RIVER?How FOOLISH can 1 b.i'm beginin 2 question d soundness of your mind.
your just another 1 of d numerous hip hop head wana-be's who keep popin up.a graphical representation of your brain would b an ANTS ASS. . . . . because that is how smal it is
Man, let's be civil and don't let all this get to our veins. let us explain things to each other like we are supposed to; understand.let us quickly swerve into literature, I stand to be corrected, you are allowed to use words anyhow in poetry, this is why we have various figures of speech to represent these uses of words. if this term, "dry river" was found as part of a line in a poem, it is a literary device called "oxymoron" which means Conjoining contradictory terms[/b]for example, "deafening silence". As we all agree rap is a form of poetry, it encompasses all forms of poetry. And remember, you don't really look at the dictionary meaning of words in a string of utterance but rather the meaning they speak to you, that's poetry. bottom line is that, "dry river" is an oxymoron. This is how i think i can explain.

[b]@wordsmith

From your lines i've seen, there is nothin that sounds naijalike and i think your accent will neva help the ["naijahiphop" God knows where this name comes from] fans. Judgin from your lines i repeat.

i still don't understand what you guys are saying when you say modenine raps like American, a lot of guys rap in English now, even rugged spit lots of English now, Overdose, Terry Tha Rapman, Gino, Sanchez, anyone you could think of except Ajasa. The point is, whateva reference you make in your lines should come from your society and i think Modenine does that a lot of times like "2 all my halers take 5, Iyawon", brief reference to the cullture of the igbos as per burial rites in "Cry", "I cause more harms than drugs with no nafdac number", "see them wack mcs and tell them Waka". Waka, Nafdac number, mourn in bald head, herbalists and so on don't exist in the U.S, they are all parts of our culture. Or are we talking bout accent here or rap in broken grammar like Zebrudahia as Terry ritely said

@Kaydee
45 inherited all those ill tracks from his great grand fathers, he's from a "ill" generation.

@point 45
Bami wa nkan kan
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2007
@rich boy,
I'm not sure but I think rappers are given a little poetic licence to lyrically use what will otherwise sound stupid. U hear rugged say stuffs like, 'up in the moon, i play cords with my umbilical'. It all depends on what the message he was trying to send was. The problem comes when he does too much of it.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by ritchboi: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2007
there r limits 2 d use of F.O.S. u cant just conjur up some dumb shit n cal it an fos.if u put it dat way den there is no such tin as wrong or bad english.
I O W ,u can jus say incoherent crap under d guise of hyperbole,oxymoron,personification bla bla bla.
damn,i bin arguin so long i 4got 2 adres d topic. Ofcourse 9 is a beta lyricist dan ruged.N 4 dose of yall insinuating his cds dont do wel,9 is d highest selin/most popular hip hop artist in 9ja.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kaydee(m): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2007
Wordsmith:

@ kaydee:

tumi, optical illusion Zimbabweans? I thought they were South Africans? Apart from that, you're missing the point - the cats i mentioned sound like the areas where they're from. . .you can't tell me they sound American, nah that one go be white. . .in short multicolored lie! cheesy tongue

Mode9 rapping like a Nigerian? Dude, you're kidding right? Mode9 uses terms, symbols that are foreign to the Nigerian environment to metaphorise (permit me to use that word). Obviously you missed the point by thinking i was talking about his accent. Accent wise, he's ok. The Themes are what i've been trying to highlight. A good example's Malcolm IX- The Lost Sessions and you'd get what i mean when you've listened completely to it. Frankly, the only song i felt anybody could relate to was "Head", forget that it was subtle yet randy.

Tumi is South African but Optical ill is Zimbabwean. I don't wanna talk much on Tumi,ask Po-Deep how he sounds and he'll tell U the truth. U know he has a neutral view on this whole shizzle. Aight!!!!!! Thot it waz bout his(Mode) accent,i missed the point.His Themes' been more Nigerian than ever lately and U know it too.
U know the truth but U just enjoy the whole Modenine bashing!
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Wordsmith(m): 12:51am On Oct 09, 2007
@kaydee:

I don't bash mode9 neither do i enjoy any mode9 bashing. The irony is, 98% percent of arguments such as this become avenues for rugged bashing. Just pick any thread that has anything to do with or comparisons between rugged and mode9, what you'll find there would speak for itself. You know it and don't even try denying it. I stand to be corrected, Mode9 fans do more ruggedman bashing than rugged fans do mode bashing. This cuts across sites that discuss both rappers.

Aight, thanks for the info about them other African cats, skul dey dull me, gas update my info and shit. Will be home soonest, see Po Deep and head off again. . .

About mode9, i'll admit his theme's nowadays are becoming more themed around Nigerian terms. More grease to his elbows and more paper to that rubber band grin
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 1:25am On Oct 09, 2007
@eldee
I'm not sure but I think rappers are given a little poetic liscence to lyrically use what will otherwise sound stupid.
i am not talking bout rappers alone, Am talking English Literature.

@ritchboi
if u put it that way den there is no such tin as wrong or bad english.
I O W ,u can jus say incoherent crap under d guise of hyperbole,oxymoron,personification bla bla bla.
Guy, am talking bout Literature, this is not my discretion, that's what it is. Here's a link from Wikipedia for you
poetic license (licentia poetica), refers to the ability of a poet to ignore some of the minor requirements of grammar for poetic effect. For example, Mark Antony's "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears" from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar would technically require the word "and" before "countrymen", but the conjunction "and" is omitted to preserve the rhythm of iambic pentameter. Conversely, on the next line, the end of "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" has an extra syllable because omitting the word "him" would make the sentence unclear, but adding a syllable at the end would not disrupt the meter. Both of these are examples of poetic license. from Wikipedia
you can read more from this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poetic_license

I just want both of us to learn, anywayz

I think am trying to make you understand,
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by point45(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2007
im happy cos the tension here is reducing, i know we may all play hard to get on the forum but go back home to count how much we've learnt from the opposition. end result? we are all learning from this and thats the koko if you ask me.

@wordsmith
i have never at any time talked in the direction of true rap style being americanish, and listing all those south africans to buttress your point just makes me feel bad cos if you remember, the thread "south africans rap better than nigerians" was initiated by moi to pull the minds of nigerians off such trivial things as mode9 and rugged.i wonder if there's a better skwatta kamp fan in nigeria? send me your mail address and i'll send you loads cos i've felt em and im TEMPTED to say say lo and behold, they take out my favy mode9.rap in whatever language you feel like, but there's no way it would be called rap if it aint.ever heard of mkhukhu funkshen? even the album name aint english and thats the best african rap album i've heard?you can hit nu metro with 2k if you wanna contest.if mode9 raps in sign language, it would still be more of real rap than what rugged is dropping now , WHY? cos he'll always drop better lyrics and pass better messages. rap has nothing to do with the language brotha, just the message. tell me im drinking too much garri but i think one idiot along the line said sales determine your strength as a rapper? ADMIN!!!!!!!!!! cut that idiot off this site .
@bouzzynizzie
she o n fe wreckx n effect?na final oldie
@everybody

"a nation is not conquered from without except it conquers itself from within"- apocalypto. lets sop the bickering, WHY? if you are a real hiphop head , you probably think mode9 is better. FINE, just stop hitting rugged and face the likes of tumi, proverb and the rest, better still, start facing up real competition like talib.(shut up and wipe that grin off ur face, cant i be alice for a little while?) and if you are in the line of rugged and his style(which i call sellout to sell in), then leave mode9 alone and face those south Africans or better still still competition like jayz(hehehehe, we can at least start). and if you are for psquare and konga boys, i guess you aint even reading this
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Wordsmith(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2007
When i read ish like what's up there, it's usually why i go into attack mode and whiplash them mode9 fans. . .
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 12:50am On Oct 10, 2007
@45
omo, the collections you told me about, are there soul music there, man, i wan sample, try send Rez demo, with one of them wreckx n effect,

@all
I guess we should move to a new topic,
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by AfroCynic: 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2007
God bless you, Wordsmith, you tell them!
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by kaydee(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2007
AfroCynic:

God bless you, Wordsmith, you tell them!

U're back with ur Afro Hip-Hop mumbo jumbo
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by bouzymill(m): 4:05am On Oct 12, 2007
@Ritchboi
i believe you get my point now, Instead of dropping shits on me anyhow, We all got to learn,
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 9:01am On Oct 13, 2007
at least everyone's understanding everyone a lil better
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by nobgee: 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2007
Da both emcees are good, you know every body have his own pattern but i think
modenine is lyricaly cordinated more than reggedman,
fans if yo wanna know more about me call 08038038457, or nobgee@gmail.com
, lov yo all,
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by eldee(m): 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2007
@bolajibaok
did u search out this topic or are u just into advertising ur stupid rap tourney everywhere
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by mace2: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2007
let's see tings dis way ruggedman does the kind of stuff normal dudes want 2 hear modenine gives the right flava 2 hiphop heads dey both claim 2 b doin hiphop but in diferent ways n it's obvious mode is doin it d right way so plssssssssssssssss never compare ruggedman 2 mode when it comes 2 lyrics,reality n even videos cuz dats a big insult not only on mode but on the entire hiphop world
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by javalove(m): 6:37pm On Dec 17, 2007
THe Best MC that ever walked on our land is Mode 9. I dont know why this debate has to get to 7 pages before facts can be established. There should have been no argument in the first place. Mode nizzy is a better representative of nija hip hop music anywhere in the world. You guys are insulting this guy by comparing him with rugged. Those who say ruggedy is better probably had F9 in english language or they just wanna bash the guy. DOnt you understand when someone spits intelligence, ? Dont you understand when a rapper spits rhymes and u are like, wat d hell, !!! IX spits intelligence, rhymes way beyond the imagination of an average nigerian. What has hip hop got to do with language, ?

This guy got 3 awards showing that people not in nigeria also feel him, All IX bashes should go get a life,

"I thought i told you all,
I dont do battle,
I only win wars, "

9 is the best Naja MC, NO COMPETITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by osasp(m): 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2007
sed it b4 nd ill say it again
mode has advanced to a phase where no nija mc has gotten to
this guy has really paid his dues abeg. yh hes an ajebo but he has really done well for himself interms of investing time into developing his flow. . .watch how his style evolved by listening to early songs like 'its about to get ugly' and then check out 'rock on' .from his production(check out the beats. . .props to kraft who did nigelbens kraftwork withhim) to his execution, this guy has really broken the ice nd we wud b mad to say he isnt good enuff 2 grab d title.i mean rugged is good and all that but common y'all. . .no one ever believed 9 wud get dose awards. . .nuff sed though. . .dr. ninestine shines
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by playmate(f): 8:28am On Dec 20, 2007
modenine of course no contender.dat guy's lyrics nd flows re tite.ain't none y'all contest.ruggedman cnt stand up 2 modenine at all cs all he does is beef odas.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by chidipupay(m): 12:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
rugged baba na him be the bomb, the nu album make sense no be small. the lyrics tap and 9ice help am finish work for there, na the song i dey sing now
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by Mustay(m): 10:44pm On Dec 31, 2007
na mode ni ne
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by dominique(f): 3:09pm On Jan 02, 2008
this topic should be polled but i think mode nine is the clear winner. i'm not a fan of hardcore rap but i think modenine is a darn good rapper and rugged is just aight.
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by frgy1: 10:40am On Jan 03, 2008
Rugeddi is good. at least we can say he saved the 9ja hiphop industry single handedly ,if not 4 him idris go still dey yernn shit give us. but wen u compare him 2 mode9, omo ,mode9 is more lyrically powerful. forget about the popular songs like 'cry'. go buy the latest alum and listed to the way he played with words on tracks like 'contradiction'. and see how hin dey use soccer words form rhyms 4 'its a goal'. that guy is good.very good
the only thing is ,his kind of rap is not appreciated by many nigerians. but for hiphop hardcore addicts like me, na no contest. and i understand if u feel otherwise, not all man dey listen to lyrics in rap music ,if chorus sweet e don finish be that
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by aikmenuk: 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2008
when ruggedman say him he then rap 4 mechanics then u are suppose to get the ryhthem that he is not up to mode.when he again did ruggedy baba u will hear him say lets make rap in our own tongue that people told him he is better when he rap hard core.that music simply means that he cant battle mode nine.this is the best rappers in nigeria by rating douth me buzz me on 07086906878
1. modenine
2. freestyle
3. O.D
4. eldee the don
5. sauce kid
6. ruggedman.
7. naeto c
8. tahilla
9. kb
10. six o
Re: Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? by aikmenuk: 11:11pm On Aug 25, 2008
when ruggedman say him he then rap 4 mechanics then u are suppose to get the ryhthem that he is not up to mode.when he again did ruggedy baba u will hear him say lets make rap in our own tongue that people told him he is better when he rap hard core.that music simply means that he cant battle mode nine.this is the best rappers in nigeria by rating douth me buzz me on 07086906878
1. modenine
2. freestyle
3. O.D
4. eldee the don
5. sauce kid
6. ruggedman.
7. naeto c
8. tahilla
9. kb
10. six o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido Ft. Meekmills- Fans Mi (official Video) / Download Music: Diamond Jimma X Stone D – Aje (cover) / Davido Release His First Risky Thriller, Dances Gbeku. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.