Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Salmusa Recipe - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Salmusa Recipe (4103 Views)

(PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Ofada Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salmusa Recipe by Christie(f): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2007
hello all,please i need the recipe for salmusa and how to prepare it. Thanks
Re: Salmusa Recipe by bunmeee(f): 10:51am On Sep 21, 2007
samoosa or salmusa
Re: Salmusa Recipe by Christie(f): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2007
Sorry, it is samoosa.

Thanks
Re: Salmusa Recipe by titilaelae(f): 5:27pm On Jan 03, 2008
So does it mean NOBODY on nairaland knows how to prepare Samolsa? Or peeps don't know what is so called or what? Ok, it's that triangular-shaped snack made with flour, shredded meat, onion,carrots, tomato, spices, etc(?) fried and served alongside with springrolls, puff-puff and the like. Now, can someone give us a detailed recipe? Where are all the cook(er)s in the house sef?
Re: Salmusa Recipe by omoge(f): 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2008
lol

well it's not nigerian that's why.

i tasted it from some India coursemates of mine. anyway, i will try and post one for you soon. . .when am done with what i have on hand wink. pray i find the paper it was written on grin
Re: Salmusa Recipe by Gamba(f): 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2008
I love to eat Samoosa alot but don't know how to prepare it, i'll really appreciate it if someone can help out with the recipe.
Re: Salmusa Recipe by titilaelae(f): 9:08am On Jan 09, 2008
Omoge, where art thou? Have you found the paper? We, Samolsa lovers are waiting o, wink Cheers
Re: Salmusa Recipe by TOLABABE1(f): 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2008
Yes SAMOSA, i realy wish to know how to prepare it too, it is also called small chops.

can somebody help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Salmusa Recipe by Obirin0521: 5:00am On Jan 10, 2008
Also Visit  Forums / Food / Re: Learn To Make Your Own Ketchup! Costs Less Than Excess Luggage:

Recipe with most readily available ingredients to those in Naija

To make the clarified butter or Ghee for an authentic taste:
1 - Cut the butter into pieces and slowly melt over low heat. Water in the butter will evaporate, whilst milk solids will sink to the bottom of the pan. Froth will rise to the top.
2 - Skim froth from surface.
3 - Carefully ladle or pour off clear melted butter into another container, leaving the milk solids at the bottom of the saucepan. You may also choose to strain the butter through a single layer of clean kitchen towel.

Note: Please make sure your fillings are cool or at least room temperature before adding to pastry triangles

The below recipe taken from: www.cooks.com

INDIAN MEAT SAMOSAS   

2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated or 1 tsp. ground ginger
3 sm. cloves
1 lb. ground lamb or ground beef
2 lg. onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. ghurum masala (add the ghurum masala after the curry is cooked by stirring it in before serving) (Obirin's substitution: scant dash of nutmeg, cloves or allspice)
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. salt
Oil if needed
Cooking meat filling (follows)

FOR PASTRY:

2 c. unbleached flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. oil or clarified butter
1/2 to 3/4 c. water

Sift flour and salt together. Make a well in the center of the mixture and quickly pour in oil and water. Stir briskly until combined, gradually adding more water if necessary. You should aim for a slightly moist dough that sticks together.
On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic, cover with damp towel. To assemble samosa, break off pieces of dough (leaving what's left under the towel and shape into balls. Roll each ball into a circle about 1/10 of an inch thick and 5 inches across. Cut the circle in half. In one side put filling, fold half of the half circle over to make a triangle. Seal by brushing a bit of water along the edges and pinching it together with your finger. Heat 2 inches oil in a skillet or pan to 375 degrees. Put in samosas and let it fry to a golden brown on each side. Then drain on cloth or paper towel and eat.

MEAT FILLING:

Crush ginger and garlic. Combine all ingredients in a large skillet or pan and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Add a bit of oil if meat is too lean to grease the pan. When meat is well browned, drain off any excess fat, set aside until ready to fill pastry.

VEGETABLE FILLING:

3 med. potatoes
2 carrots
1 c. fresh green peas or 1 (8 oz.) pkg. frozen peas
2 to 3 tbsp. oil or clarified butter
1 c. onion, finely chopped
2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 lg. cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
2 tbsp. fresh coriander, finely chopped (opt.)
2 tsp. lemon juice

Peel potatoes or don't as you wish. Boil potatoes and carrots until both are soft but still firm. Cut into small cubes about 1/2 inch square. In a separate pot, cook peas just until tender. Meanwhile heat oil or butter until a test onion sputters upon contact with it. Add onions, ginger, garlic and coriander and saute, 6 or 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix in the lemon juice and the cooked vegetables, gently adding peas last. Heat through then set aside until ready to fill pastry.
Re: Salmusa Recipe by Gamba(f): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2008
@ obirin
Thank you so much! kiss
Re: Salmusa Recipe by titilaelae(f): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2008
o kare, Obirin, where u dey bifo sef? grin

Thanks o jare, my family must eat samosa this weekend. Bon apetit, everyone
Re: Salmusa Recipe by Obirin0521: 4:07am On Jan 21, 2008
@Gamba & Titilaelae: My pleasure. I hope you enjoy it and make the recipe yours as you get more comfortable with the spices. Namaste.
Re: Salmusa Recipe by Christie(f): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2008
Thank you very much Obirin 4 the recipe
Re: Salmusa Recipe by Ajike: 1:12pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Obirin, a u in The Gambia or USA

(1) (Reply)

#13,200 Well Spent (photo) / Favorite Recipes Here (pictures) / Story Of The First Alligator My Brother Caught Alive This Year. [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.