Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi (50654 Views)

Asari Dokubo: Peter Obi didn’t achieve anything more than boreholes in Anambra / Corp Member Vs Hon. Member's Achievement / NYSC Corp Member Vs Nigeria Police Who Will Win If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by HugoBoss10(m): 8:35am On Apr 10
Okay oo cool cool cool

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Tunde835(m): 8:35am On Apr 10
salbis:
Anybody that is not happy with what HE Peter Obi did can go ahead and do what will make him/her happy.

Some people wey never give a bag of sachet water to anyone are here talking thrash.

If una no d*e of hunger, las las na bp go k*ll una!

It just shows that igbos are not rated in Nigeria.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by adekolaelect(m): 8:36am On Apr 10
tefishy:
cheesy
Is there pumping machine = yes
Is there a reservoir/tank = yes
Does it supply water = yes
Are people happy grin = yes

Conclusion:
They both serve the same purpose. No argument here.
obidient will use common sense to defend their own but irrational to criticize others. Oga that category of project embark by your pay master is meant for councillors' not for someone who is contesting for national votes . Why you no get shame Na bcs you believed that anything that comes from your camp is the best. No settle political party , No reasonable Youths or Old empowerment , No any poverty alliviation program than one Storex Borehole . Na only noise making on the Media's. Which has failed you many times.

1 Like

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Strap: 8:36am On Apr 10
What this tribalism and negative comparison will do to Nigeria and Nigerians in the long run will be beyond redemption.
Notes to takes
1. HE Peter Obi gave the funds for that project.
2. HE Peter Obi didn't erect that thing by himself
3. The contractor didn't do that thing without the support of people from the village.

So for those of you who dislike HE Peter Obi, have it at the back of your mind myopic mind that that village has an area council, local govt, and state governor who couldn't provide that for them.

He gave them what they needed and the contractor did what the people wanted.

If you want to drag HE Peter Obi do it with sense.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Moneyboyz: 8:37am On Apr 10
CilicMarin:
Do whatever you wish with these two pictures.

The copper donated one, Peter obi donated many and it's best not to spend on irrelevant things so there would be enough funds to complete the projects.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by DrMuzungu(m): 8:39am On Apr 10
MrSundry:
Watch how those that insulted Desmond 1diot

it is not a crime to call 1diot just that: 1diot.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by PointZerom: 8:39am On Apr 10
Powersurge:

Oga na rubbish Obi did there

I voted for him. But na nonsense be that.

They probably pour water into the tank for the launch.

You no nothing about water project. Let me educate you because I sell plumbing materials.

Obi own is not flahy but it's more durable than the corper own.
The base is concrete by the corper own is wood which can collapse anytime and may cause damage and death if care is not taken.

The corper own comes with a financial burden of constant changing of the woods.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by kenex4ever(m): 8:39am On Apr 10
You people are delusional.

PO that has been going around donating millions to different communities and less priviledged.

Low lives were busy waiting to find fault. Go to the community and ask them how they felt b4 that borehole got there.

Your role models are busy looting without doing anything for the needy.

Even if that is what PO could afford at that time, he gave his widow's mite.

A gift is not about the prize but the value it adds and intenstion.

2 Likes

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Richtaiwo: 8:40am On Apr 10
Benbisco:

Bro, if you ask me ehn, no much difference o. Only that the corper's own is newly done.

Did you notice that the corper's own is sitting on a piece of wood that can easily give way and the tank could be damaged while the other is on a concrete slab?

Also, is it possible that a die-hard Peter Obi fan did that and wants to give the glory to Peter Obi? (Just thinking out liud though).
From the corper's NYSC registration number, the project was done in 2015. Also, the OG prefix in the number means Ogun state. I don’t know how that translates to "newly done" and in the North as some clowns are screaming in the thread.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Bonga4: 8:40am On Apr 10
Both are serving same purpose, period.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Kei144(m): 8:40am On Apr 10
How does the ease of getting water by bore-holing in Ogun State compare with that of Zaria?
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by crixlight2(m): 8:41am On Apr 10
Towncrier007:
I be pity Obi supporter oh but Obi no try for this one,what kind of shrine did he set up there
Imagine it was one formal governor from south west or north that construct this borehole , this same people will drag the living day out of him, well I still don’t believe Obi travel all the way from Lagos to Kaduna to commission this project sha , maybe na 20 of this he commission for there dat day
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by PointZerom: 8:42am On Apr 10
adekolaelect:
obidient will use common sense to defend their own but irrational to criticize others. Oga that category of project embark by your pay master is meant for councillors' not for someone who is contesting national votes .

I am sure your community need something like this but has nobody to help them.

2 Likes

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by kenex4ever(m): 8:43am On Apr 10
The country is burning but what you low lives could think of is the gift PO that is not holding any political office gave.

1 Like

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Lordsonn: 8:44am On Apr 10
Puting the Geepee tank on wood is very dangerous.
Obi won
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by brizziedos(m): 8:45am On Apr 10
I went to do NIN date of birth modification but I was told I need a birth certificate and that I should apply with my NIN on the NPC website. The date of birth in my NIN is wrong, what do I do?
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Ibile77(m): 8:46am On Apr 10
tefishy:
cheesy

Conclusion:
God bless you!!! whatever that serves the humanity must be appreciated irrespective of differences.

1 Like

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by brainhgeek(m): 8:47am On Apr 10
Whether it is a well or reservoir, as long as there is portable and accessible water in it, credit should go to Peter Obi.
Your useless government didn't have the sense and empathy enough to provide basic infrastructure like this. A well meaning Nigerian saw a need, fixed it and yet some are bashing him. How much if your father's money went into the project? Were you blind or deaf when he did other notable projects all over the country? Where are the other aspirants in the past presidential polls? What have they done?
Everyone is entitled to their opinions but don't say or do what will incur the curse of millions of righteous people, all because of media relevance.

1 Like

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Ibile77(m): 8:47am On Apr 10
PointZerom:

I am sure your community need something like this but has nobody to help them.
as he keeps criticizing the man as he done anything meaningful for his own village?
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Bahdguyishere: 8:48am On Apr 10
Tjra:
Na this shitty tank Gbajue wan take get votes for Zaria?

The werey even put EXCELLENCY for the inscription.

You can't shame the shameless 😂
M broda I tire oo
There's no excellence in that Borehole cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by bitbillionaire: 8:48am On Apr 10
I just want to thank Mr. Peter Obi for his kind gesture of giving borehole to the community that desperately needed it. We need more people like him if this country is to move forward.

Peter Obi's job is to give money to a contractor who would fix the borehole. How the contractor handles it, whether the contractor ends up doing a borehole that looks beautiful or not is definitely not Peter Obi's business. He has released the money for it. He is not the contractor who fixed it.

You jobless miscreants going about comparing boreholes need to go and get yourselves a job.

2 Likes

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by ericmor: 8:49am On Apr 10
tefishy:
cheesy

Conclusion:

There is no pumping machine, just the sub machine

1 Like

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by nkwoemeka(m): 8:50am On Apr 10
Differences, none , similarities, both boreholes were dug by Igbo's , donated to their northern brothers which is an awesome example of positive thinking.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by kenex4ever(m): 8:50am On Apr 10
Powersurge:

Oga na rubbish Obi did there

I voted for him. But na nonsense be that.

They probably pour water into the tank for the launch.
Liar from pit of hell, you voted him in your dreams.

Have you gon round to see the amount PO donates?

Have u heard PO speak about the project? For u to be sure he did it. What if it was done by his support group.

What about apc people that give voters loaf of bread and ijebu garri during election?

How many presidential aspirants are going round doing these things when election has not reached
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by HateBigots: 8:50am On Apr 10
MrSundry :

Watch how those that insulted Desmond Elliot will come and claim that aesthetics doesn't matter now.

Stfu... Constituency project Vs personal money

2 Likes

Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by ivandragon: 8:51am On Apr 10
ppogba:

When his people are fetching from infected streams.......hmm

Who are his people?
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by Light78: 8:51am On Apr 10
The Mod who pushed this to FP and the OP is a disappointment.

Now I know why this country is not united. People will always find fault in whatever a good man does.

It's better to have good water than no water in a community.

Nigerians, rest with the hate.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by jamafa: 8:53am On Apr 10
harsysky:

This borehole has really shown how foolish some Nigerians are. Some Nigerians do not even know the work of their local Government chairman, councilor etc.; If you stayed in areas where the road is so bad, you will always pray for anyone who comes along to just pour sand on that road to make it better. Let's be truthful to ourselves, if you were in Obi's shoes, would you prioritize building expensive projects over something you know they needed sooner than later?

What is wrong with this project, or we want a very beautiful project where they would be needing generator and fuel to pump everytime? He must have liaised with people there who would have told him the best option to go for.

I may not trust any politician in Nigeria, but I will always pick Obi ahead of Tinubu and would pick Osibanjo ahead of Obi any day, any time.

Bro!

Obi is never close to Tinubu

Ah bah!

Hear Obi and Tinubu speak, u will know who's more intelligent.

Never compare Obi with Tinubu, Obi is lagging behind.

Obi vs Tinubu, leave sentiment.

Just as if u dey compare Chelsea Eden Hazard to lionel Messi. Hazard is a good footballer but u cant compare him to Leo.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by 43Ronin: 8:53am On Apr 10
But I don't see any pumping machine in both pictures
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53am On Apr 10
MrSundry:
Hypocrisy of some nigerians is at another level.

Watch how those that insulted Desmond Elliot will come and claim that aesthetics doesn't matter now.

Let's learn to say the truth irrespective of our affiliations.

Obi tried alot, spending his personal money to bring succor to the people but the project manager should at least pay attention into the design of the projects.

Peter Obi is using money from his pocket. Not allocations or stolen money. Desmond Elliot got allocations to do those works.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by adekolaelect(m): 8:53am On Apr 10
Strap:
What this tribalism and negative comparison will do to Nigeria and Nigerians in the long run will be beyond redemption.
Notes to takes
1. HE Peter Obi gave the funds for that project.
2. HE Peter Obi didn't erect that thing by himself
3. The contractor didn't do that thing without the support of people from the village.

So for those of you who dislike HE Peter Obi, have it at the back of your mind myopic mind that that village has an area council, local govt, and state governor who couldn't provide that for them.

He gave them what they needed and the contractor did what the people wanted.

If you want to drag HE Peter Obi do it with sense.
Must you defend and make everything that come from Obi as the best? What is the durability of that projects . No one will abuse him for doing good but what he did is below standard of his assumed political status you poeple out him . If you continue like this that upstair will remain dormant forever.
Re: Boreholes: A Corps Member Vs Peter Obi by vikstandon(m): 8:54am On Apr 10
I have always said, the beauty of any project in the North points to skill and craft of Northerners.

Why is it that projects like this are looking kwashiorkored, it is because they are not skillful.
The local content policy as adopted by Nigeria, which involves use of labour from the locality most times affect the aesthetics and quality of projects like this done in the North.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gani Adams At Prophet TB Joshua's Church (Video) / The Moment Atiku Rejected The Results Of The 2019 Presidential Election / Appeal Court Reverses Judgment Sacking Nwaoboshi Peter As Senator Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.