Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport (43401 Views)

Pelumi Nubi Involved In Accident While Driving By Road From London To Lagos / Fulani Man Helps A Stranded Lady & Her Friends In Jos (Photos) / Pregnant Lady & Her 2 Kids Survive After Their Car Somersaulted Severally (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by franchasofficia: 12:22pm On Apr 10
in case you are looking for a proud and successful Igbo man, then look no further, I am here.

I am so proud to be an Igbo person. Even when I was a broke struggling young graduate doing underpaid job, I always had this beacon of hope and expectation in me that I will be financially successful, especially when I remember that I am Igbo, that alone gave me the assurance that my tomorrow was going to be super great if I just put in some more efforts towards owning my own business and company, and to God be the glory, it did became a reality, much faster than I ever thought, forever grateful cool

2 Likes

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Tonytonex(m): 12:29pm On Apr 10
BUSINESSARENAA:
Thats another great advantage because its a direct flight to your home country. With all these connecting flights like Ethiopian airways, thats might be a serious issue.

Airpeace to the world.

Airpeace is trying. Others should emulate
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by jaxxy(m): 12:31pm On Apr 10
cool vlog
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by CaptainFM1: 12:36pm On Apr 10
lexy2014:

I didnt ask you for the plenty grammar you wrote.

question is "if you are abroad and your passport gets expired during your stay there, what will you do?"

I didnt ask you about extension of stay. very irrelevant to d discussion.

1. what makes you think that the lady did not make a request for renewal at her country's foreign mission?

2. how will you "take your expired passport and go back to your home country"?

Sorry, I don't know your level of comprehension when I saw that question, that's why I had to elaborate in details to you.

So to keep it brief for you....

There's no way my passport will expire while I'm abroad. Latest, I will leave the very day my visa expires....which I've done twice already.

1 Like

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Agugbadin: 12:39pm On Apr 10
Meanwhile go and renew your passport so that you don't become a bad example to other Nigerians. The process is much easier and better thanks to the new minister and thank to President BAT,a president who has a listening ear and who have appointed capable hands.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by blackboy(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10
1. She is Nigerian she should not be denied entry. She can leave to Nigeria but not to travel out of Nigeria to another country with expired.
Nothing wrong or new.
2. I am aware it is allowed.
3. Even at point of entry Nigerian immigration will not arrest her.
4. I'm talking from experience. Flight from USA to Nigerian with expired Nigerian passport.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10
My first international I used air peace from Nigeria to Sharjah UAE one way.. it was smooth but one thing I hate they didn't give me enough beer to quench my thirsty
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Slytiger: 12:51pm On Apr 10
Garbage journalism. The government gave a directive that you can fly home with expired passport. It doesnt matter the airline you choose to fly with.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by osuulola(m): 1:02pm On Apr 10
Felabrity:
Na why countries no want Nigeria airlines for their airports be this

You can use an expired passport on British airways on a direct flight to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Dosland: 1:05pm On Apr 10
The fake old man helinues will not like this free promo for air peace
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Slytiger: 1:06pm On Apr 10
quadraheem:
That’s easy because it was a direct flight to your country of origin.
Because the government of BAT made it so.

BUSINESSARENAA:
Thats another great advantage because its a direct flight to your home country. With all these connecting flights like Ethiopian airways, thats might be a serious issue.

Airpeace to the world.
Nothing to do with airlines.

Dennisochampa:
So traveling with expired passports is now accepted??

If oyibo people send her back.... People go begin curse them.... But it's the right thing....
since last December.

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Slytiger: 1:09pm On Apr 10
ChizzyBuna:
On Behalf of all Yoruba people

We want to Thank Igbos for their spirit of development and ingenuity kiss

Most especially Dr. Allen Onyema

From picking up stranded Nigerians in U A.E and Sudan for free
To slashing prices to London

Air Peace has always been on their "A" game
Air Peace is a beacon of HOPE

I wish I have an Igbo friend
They are too good in business,
it flows in their blood
Governor of Buhari waived 13 billion naira of taxes for free.

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by sko(m): 1:12pm On Apr 10
Another Erisco on Air Peace.
She had better keep quiet!!!
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by fapcrook(m): 1:13pm On Apr 10
I wish people will be keeping their mouths shut and not being everything on social media
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Cantonese: 1:16pm On Apr 10
Chosimba:
There was no big deal about this.

It was the Nigerian government that put the policy in place to allow people with expired passports travel home especially as the process to get a new passport takes several months.

Even before that there was an ETC, emergency travel certificate that could be gotten from the embassy to travel if a passport was lost. The United States (and I'm sure every other country) has a temporary emergency passport for the same purpose especially if you are in trouble in a foreign country.

The problem is that Nigerians too talk. Once they carry phone they will start broadcasting their entire life..

That’s up to the airline. The airline may be paying a price for that. If you either do not have a passport or it is expired, no airline will carry you, except in this case, probably humanitarian, as Air peace did.

She gambled greatly. All she needed to do in the circumstance submit to a letter of invitation with her British passport, to get Nigerian visas.

Again, when she’s traveling back, if she has a valid British passport, the airlines will carry her. However she can quickly get her Nigerian passport now.

ETCs are issued when travelers have problems with their existing passports, or cannot easily access them before their trip. The country of origin upon confirmation, issues the ETC, which usually last for at least one month from the date of issuance.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Ykc2(m): 1:18pm On Apr 10
Woman becareful before they will tag air peace IPOB influencer
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Slytiger: 1:19pm On Apr 10
Cantonese:

That’s up to the airline. The airline may be paying a price for that. If you either do not have a passport or it is expired, no airline will carry you, except in this case, probably humanitarian, as Air peace did.

She gambled greatly. All she needed to do in the circumstance submit to a letter of invitation with her British passport, to get Nigerian visas.

Again, when she’s traveling back, if she has a valid British passport, the airlines will carry her. However she can quickly get her Nigerian passport now.

ETCs are issued when travelers have problems with their existing passports, or cannot easily access them before their trip. The country of origin upon confirmation, issues the ETC, which usually last for at least one month from the date of issuance.
You are allowed to fly with expired passport into Nigeria since December 2023. The government of the country of destination sets the rule not airline.

1 Like

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by tiger28: 1:25pm On Apr 10
ChizzyBuna:

it flows in their blood

What should the Yorubas that OWN the AIRPORT say then??

Just asking, I am just a Northerner.....I noticed that Yorubas don't make noise.

SOON one of them will float an Airline and with no chest beating or noise......They will take the Business to ANOTHER level.....Not all these local Nzogbu Nzogbu noise all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by zoomzoom(m): 1:40pm On Apr 10
[quote author=quadraheem post=129362086]That’s easy because it was a direct flight to your country of origin.

And there i was thinking that she ceased to be a Nigerian as soon as her passport EXPIRED.
The highest court in the land (SUPREME ICECREAM) agreed with BRIBER WOLE by validating one DRUGPRENEUR's STOLEN mandate.

Make una dey stay ONE LANE nah, so as not to CORNfuse dis THUNDER wey dey find una!!.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by KmniAutos(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10
kereman1:

Watch how urchins that don't have ecowas passport or birth certificate, and haven't travelled more than 2km from their birthplace will invade this thread with negativity.

God bless Allen onyema
Godspeed Air peace
God save Nigeria

Haba na 😂😂.. this savage is legendary 😂😂😂
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by BigBizzy(m): 1:58pm On Apr 10
Al the end she's promoting illegality.

Expired passport? This is wrong na.

When government take note of her now, everyone will become emotional.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Nemesis08(m): 2:01pm On Apr 10
Sometimes last year, FG made it clear that Nigerians abroad should be allowed to come home with expired passport. So no big ish
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by ojojonkembu: 2:52pm On Apr 10
Must u bring this to the internet? that's how you guys implicate yourselves
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by ksbusari(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10
ChizzyBuna:

it flows in their blood

God punish you for impersonation. It shall not be well with you. I know you are an Igbo. It shall not be well with you and ur family.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Jungleluv5: 3:03pm On Apr 10
God bless you and your family for giving us your full experience from departure to arrival on Airpeace. Once again thank you.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by lexy2014: 3:17pm On Apr 10
CaptainFM1:

Sorry, I don't know your level of comprehension when I saw that question, that's why I had to elaborate in details to you.

So to keep it brief for you....

There's no way my passport will expire while I'm abroad. Latest, I will leave the very day my visa expires....which I've done twice already.

with all your comprehension, can you show me where "elaboration" was mentioned in the question:

"if you are abroad and your passport gets expired during your stay there, what will you do?"

I didnt ask you about extension of stay. very irrelevant to d discussion.

1. what makes you think that the lady did not make a request for renewal at her country's foreign mission?

2. how will you "take your expired passport and go back to your home country"?
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by etrange: 3:21pm On Apr 10
Chosimba:
There was no big deal about this.

It was the Nigerian government that put the policy in place to allow people with expired passports travel home especially as the process to get a new passport takes several months.

Even before that there was an ETC, emergency travel certificate that could be gotten from the embassy to travel if a passport was lost. The United States (and I'm sure every other country) has a temporary emergency passport for the same purpose especially if you are in trouble in a foreign country.

The problem is that Nigerians too talk. Once they carry phone they will start broadcasting their entire life..

Yes, you could travel to your home country with an expired passport, but such trips require the corporation of airlines/travel companies. These companies are not subject to your country's policies. And there have been many cases where they did not allow passengers fly with them without a valid passport especially if the flight is not direct. To put it differently, even with the policy, it was still a hassle to travel with an expired passport. Most people were taking connecting flights. These flights first stop in thier home countries before going to Nigeria and in some cases, they have a policy that you can't come into thier country with an expired passport. KenyaAir would normally claim they are not aware of any policy. Even Delta that was the only company that offered direct flight to Nigeria from the US also gave people with expired passports issues. There are many complaints by Nigerians on reddit and X about this. So this is a step in the right direction.

Yes, you could get an ETC, but I don't even know why you're bringing that up cause what is being celebrated here is the fact that she could come to Nigeria without the need to first renew her passport or apply for an ETC. That's the whole point of this trade. So you coming to say she could get an ETC is a bit off cause you might as well tell her to go and renew her passport. It takes about 13 days to get ETC and it costs $150. Don't you see that this is a far cheaper and more convenient way to go?
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by AerialMapper: 3:57pm On Apr 10
You can actually travel on expired passports and not have any issue! I traveled on an expired Nigerian passport for an entire year without delays. When asked by immigration why I haven't renewed, I tell them to make booklets available and speed up the process. Simple
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by Krankhead: 4:05pm On Apr 10
Felabrity:
Na why countries no want Nigeria airlines for their airports be this

You ve mumu. There's nothing wrong for a Nigerian to come to.nigeria with expired Nigeria passport
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by ceejayluv(m): 4:51pm On Apr 10
BigBizzy:
Al the end she's promoting illegality.

Expired passport? This is wrong na.

When government take note of her now, everyone will become emotional.
It's not illegal. She might be a dual citizen and can travel to Nigeria with her passport even if expired. She can also return to the UK with her British passport thereby avoiding Visa fees all through .
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by onumadu: 7:20pm On Apr 10
When they landed and shouted "Halleluyah" together, I felt something sweet in my stomach.
Re: Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport by jigabanty(m): 7:57pm On Apr 10
undecided[quote author=Pooldrowning post=129361926]Thanks for promoting Nigerias own "Air PEACE"[/QUOTE]L

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Small Truck Carrying 40ft Container In Abuja (Photos) / Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / LASTMA Vehicle Falls While Chasing A Car From Onipanu To Maryland, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.