Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) (37130 Views)

See How Okada Overloaded Schoolchildren Going To School / Pupils On Excursion In A Canoe Without Life Jackets (Photos) / Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by EgusiShankly: 4:08pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
It is sad that we really love taking risks in this country, this is not the first time boat mishaps have been happening in various rivers & dams in Nigeria and the passengers die while some go missing due to negligence of life jackets. Why would school children like this be taken on a boat ride excursion without proper arrangement of life jackets for the pupils?
This could be the kids I saw on the Niger, behind naval base at lokoja.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Btruth: 4:08pm On Apr 11
Jesu 😮
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by rayzar(m): 4:12pm On Apr 11
No be water d leak this both so? angry

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Unitedabby(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na wa for we Nigerians.

Plus or minus life jackets, I've vowed never to embark on any trip that has to do with waterways...

Reminds me of my elder sister's mother in-law's burial ceremony that took place last month......There were two routes to the village and of which the cheapest one was the one that involved passing through a river....I jejely opt out for the road trip even though it was the expensive one cuz I no wan die leave this my small keke wey I dey use manage my life angry
Wish you long life but wait oo... na wen peson no go die? 😀
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Sapasenator: 4:43pm On Apr 11
atiku4President:
Okay, you can see what I am saying that most Nigerians are illiterate and no nothing about safety rules. This is even a school with supposedly educated teachers who should think about safety first. But you know what, they don't know what to do. Even a passerby won't say anything or call them to order, not to talk of calling the police. Almost every Nigerian is an illiterate, including the professors.

Even the educated ones among them are mostly functional illiterates.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by flokii: 4:43pm On Apr 11
The parents should sue whoever owns that school.. this is a very big risk in the name of excursion.
The guys paddling those canoes are mostly fishermen, very good at swimming and they know how to maneuver their ways inside water in case of emergency. The passangers or tourists or whoever should be provided with life jackets in case of boat mishap.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Joy2dworldxyz: 5:03pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many authorities in Nigeria are not proactive. If anything happens to the children, the ministry of education or the state government will form Mr. Swift Response to suspend the school.

The school in question is a disgrace to education. A school that should teach children safety is the one exposing the children to death. But the management of the school will get angry when you say the management is stupid.

Average Nigerians are careless and stupid. But sentimentalist don't want this to be pointed out. Even with life jackets, I am sure that the boat is not well-maintained. Do you know the worst? A child transported in this manner for years will grow into a careless adult. He or she will not enforce any safety measure if made a leader in future. He or she will be like, "If boat journey without a life jacket can kill, I would have been dead by now".

This is how many movie producers used boats without life jackets and AGN took no action. But the moment Junior Pope died, the AGN quickly suspended Adamma just to place all the blames on Adamma. Adamma is not innocent. But the AGN is equally or more guilty.

Over 90% of accidents and deaths in Nigeria are due to carelessness. More than 90% of vehicles used in Nigeria are not worthy to transport even wild animals. In addition to the deadly conditions of the vehicles, the driver have zero regards to safety. The passengers are not even helping matters.

God forbid. Do u know if anything happens now, every one in that boat will just die.....
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by yewit37486: 5:08pm On Apr 11
Jennyclay:
Ehya! You’re a poor man!

Oga Keke rider!

Just learn to S.H.U.T U.P sometimes. Attention seeker.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by maasoap(m): 5:09pm On Apr 11
atiku4President:
Okay, you can see what I am saying that most Nigerians are illiterate and no nothing about safety rules. This is even a school with supposedly educated teachers who should think about safety first. But you know what, they don't know what to do. Even a passerby won't say anything or call them to order, not to talk of calling the police. Almost every Nigerian is an illiterate, including the professors.

The proper word you needed is "ignorant", not illiterate. You can be educated and still be ignorant but you can't be educated and illiterate at the same time

1 Like

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 5:18pm On Apr 11
Inukwa ooooo
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Puss360(f): 5:21pm On Apr 11
Jennyclay:
Ehya! You’re a poor man!

Oga Keke rider!
Hmmm.. that was uncalled-for!!!!
This statement is bad... Too derogatory!!!
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Bennie0804: 5:21pm On Apr 11
So if these children fall for inside the river now how many they go fit save embarassed angry
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Ubdavis(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11
After them go blaim the devil
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by nihinlade(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11
Our leaders are also not proactive. It is not that those oyinbos are better than us but they have strong and proactive leadership that will envision danger and make proactive laws. By now it should have been a punishable crime to allow people enter a boat without life jackets. Both the drive, owner and even the passenger should be punishable. Policies like this is what makes great countries.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by CartelKenneth: 5:41pm On Apr 11
eepeepook:
Life is cheap in this country. Everybody knows if those kids die, their parents will birth new ones. The more people who die, the more resources for everyone else to enjoy.
Livestock better pass common man for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by LiveWire85: 5:52pm On Apr 11
Water no get enemy till you fall for Oshimili.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by wolebest: 6:00pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
It is sad that we really love taking risks in this country, this is not the first time boat mishaps have been happening in various rivers & dams in Nigeria and the passengers die while some go missing due to negligence of life jackets. Why would school children like this be taken on a boat ride excursion without proper arrangement of life jackets for the pupils?

Mindlessly dangerous risky boat trip for those young souls.

This how Nigerian endanger each other's lives and when the unimaginable happens we all blame the government.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by AOB1: 6:09pm On Apr 11
eepeepook:
Life is cheap in this country. Everybody knows if those kids die, their parents will birth new ones. The more people who die, the more resources for everyone else to enjoy.
Na God go punish you

Very senseless human being
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by AOB1: 6:14pm On Apr 11
Ballo1292:

Sue the school for what?

Is the school that forced you to register your child or is the school that put your child on the canoe.

All this child with Phones talk while their tongue is disconnected from brain.
Didn't you read that the children were going on excursion.

Mumu man is it their parents that is taking them to excursion or the school? Or your eyes are blind you didn't see they were on school uniform. Senseless fool
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by mediclife1987(m): 6:17pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:

I trust Jagaban to respond swiftly to this in the coming days.

Hin no be like tone deaf Buhari. Tinubu the listening president
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by AOB1: 6:20pm On Apr 11
Ballo1292:

Sue the school for what?

Is the school that forced you to register your child with them? or is the school that put your child on the canoe.

Why can't you take your child to mainland or buy safe ship for your child.

All these children with Phones talk while their tongue is disconnected from brain.
Fool you don't read what the OP wrote that they were going on excursion, who is taking them to excursion on school uniform if not the school.

I don't think you can read foolish old man
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by maxzzo1(m): 6:30pm On Apr 11
Very Old pic
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Ayatullah(m): 6:51pm On Apr 11
Wake up as parents/guardians, engage your wards' school for the safety of the children. #SayNoToAvoidableAccidents

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by delpee(f): 6:52pm On Apr 11
shocked Why would anyone risk children's lives like this?
I wonder if the parents followed them to the jetty and allowed them to board this rickety canoe like boat without any fear. So much irresponsibility everywhere.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Ayatullah(m): 7:06pm On Apr 11
maxzzo1:
Very Old pic

So what? It's still very relevant in today's Nigeria to draw attention at waking up parents and relevant authorities.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by immortalcrown(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11
DeepSight:
Forming Mr. Safety, but when it comes to your religious dogma you were not ashamed to say that it is a sin to divorce a spouse who is a serial killer. Oga how safe is such a teaching? https://www.nairaland.com/8046826/how-first-marriage-crashed-after/2#129205462
My opinion on divorce pains you. But you are undeniably a hater of truth because I have never supported any crime. Did I say that killing is good? Answer the question if you are not a hater of truth. Your hate for truth made you to quote me and tagg a post that is not related to this thread. Go to the post you tagged and try to drag me there.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Matrix137(m): 7:16pm On Apr 11
ItisWell22:
Tiny kids at that. 😢
pls can you help me with 2k or any amount to feed ma'am. I'm really starving.

Topic: leaders of tomorrow indeed. With such early orientation happening in places of learning i don't think there's anything anyone can do except mindset reorientation. God help us all Amen

Educated illiterates everywhere without practicality.

What are they even teaching the little students without a formed mindset sef?
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Matrix137(m): 7:20pm On Apr 11
IPDGP:
Old picture
Does it being an old picture makes it irrelevant?

What exactly has changed since then?
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by DeepSight(m): 7:22pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
My opinion on divorce pains you. But you are undeniably a hater of truth because I have never supported any crime. Did I say that killing is good? Answer the question if you are not a hater of truth. Your hate for truth made you to quote me and tagg a post that is not related to this thread. Go to the post you tagged and try to drag me there.

In the link I provided you clearly said that it is a sin to divorce a spouse who is a serial killer. Your only proviso was that if the spouse was not a serial killer before the wedding, then an annulment could be allowed. Do you deny this?

There are many contradictions inherent in this position, but at the minimum, do not deny what you said, because it is written there in black and white.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by ComeToJesus: 7:31pm On Apr 11
I see this in Lagos every day around Liverpool, Igbo Ologun , Igbo Alejo and Alex, all in Apapa.

No single measures to mitigate any hazards . The Representatives Member and HOA members over there don't even care about these young souls.

Nigeria is truly in trouble. I don't care if your opinion is opposite.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by immortalcrown(m): 7:34pm On Apr 11
DeepSight:
In the link I provided you clearly said that it is a sin to divorce a spouse who is a serial killer. Your only proviso was that if the spouse was not a serial killer before the wedding, then an annulment could be allowed. Do you deny this?

There are many contradictions inherent in this position, but at the minimum, do not deny what you said, because it is written there in black and white.
Go to the post and challenge me there. Stop trying to change the topic of this thread. You can say anything you like about my comment. But shame on you if you cannot prove that I support any crime. If you are proud of yourself, go to the post about divorce and challenge my opinion on divorce.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by DeepSight(m): 7:36pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Go to the post and challenge me there. Stop trying to change the topic of this thread. You can say anything you like about my comment. But shame on you if you cannot prove that I support any crime. If you are proud of yourself, go to the post about divorce and challenge my opinion on divorce.

I said what I said. Do not twist my words. I did not accuse you of any crime neither did I say you support crime. I said you are whining about safety while you also argued that divorcing a serial killer is a sin. And I inquired how safe that is, since you are crying about safety. Is that a lie?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNILORIN Students Nab Two Thieves During Night Class (Photos) / Exam Seating Arrangement In MOUA, Umudike (Photos) / Ogun Poly Student Commits Suicide After Losing His Tuition Fee To Gambling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.