Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) (37162 Views)

See How Okada Overloaded Schoolchildren Going To School / Pupils On Excursion In A Canoe Without Life Jackets (Photos) / Sit-At-Home: Owerri Schoolchildren Run Helter-Skelter As Gunmen Enforce Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by VinnyBaba: 3:13pm On Apr 11
This School is in Deep Shit! 😏😕

If Parents of the School's Children hear this Jnr Pope news and see this Picx,
Almost all of them will Withdraw their Kids. sad
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Thevoicenew1: 3:14pm On Apr 11
Junior Pope: Eye Witness Narrates the cause of the Speedboat Crash in Details

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk6H8zS7Ko4
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by emperor4love(m): 3:14pm On Apr 11
Adult de hv aqua phobia e com b children, government should arrest the school nd others involve,even the kids are confuse without knowing this idiotic slowpoke adult are put this kids life on risk,wat is wrong wit average Nigeria, person de see this is bad nd u get mind say children to enter wooden boat not better boat ooh, no even life jacket,may God punish ppl involved in this
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Flame333: 3:14pm On Apr 11
Focusmind:

It seems you have not entered boat. The boat drivers are not different from danfo drivers in behaviour and taking of hard substance. They play a lot in water while conveying passengers, splashing themselves water and doing acrobatics style. I went to taqay Bay and saw how some of them were driving passengers across the water. So unprofessional and unconcerned about safety.

This is where experience comes in I expected him Niger Delta boy who suppose wise... Now at that age, you know say water day risky... As you dey enter that boat like this so many things will run through your mind you nor wear life jacket he go strike you say what if the boat capside...
the matter pain me sha...
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by emperor4love(m): 3:17pm On Apr 11
Ballo1292:

Sue the school for what?

Is the school that forced you to register your child or is the school that put your child on the canoe.

All this child with Phones talk while their tongue is disconnected from brain.
is ur brain on offline mode,the proprietors are one involve in this, the giv u kids to look after,not even better boat canoe,and u are here talking trash,are this children upto 18 to take there volation is it not wat there teachers ask dem to do the will do,do the involve there parents before taking such journey with such wooden canoe,did the let there parents know about this....u better stay in Nigeria becos if u carry dis stupid reason think is ordinary u will end up in jail in western world

4 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by oli360(m): 3:19pm On Apr 11
Disaster just waiting to happen.😲😲😲
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by enemyofprogress: 3:21pm On Apr 11
Which kind nonsense be this? Why do we like taking unnecessary risk in this country? If the boat should capitalize now, they will start blaming the village
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:21pm On Apr 11
In Nigeria government only acts when something terrible and that is avoidable happens. That is when they begin to form serious.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Antichristus: 3:22pm On Apr 11
Recklessness. Nigerian schools, like others state apparatuses, follow no health and safety rules, safeguarding policies and of course, I doubt if schools are routinely inspected.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by deji17: 3:23pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
It is sad that we really love taking risks in this country, this is not the first time boat mishaps have been happening in various rivers & dams in Nigeria and the passengers die while some go missing due to negligence of life jackets. Why would school children like this be taken on a boat ride excursion without proper arrangement of life jackets for the pupils?
We take too much risk in this country
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by IPDGP: 3:23pm On Apr 11
Old picture
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by airsaylongcome: 3:23pm On Apr 11
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na wa for we Nigerians.

Plus or minus life jackets, I've vowed never to embark on any trip that has to do with waterways...

Reminds me of my elder sister's mother in-law's burial ceremony that took place last month......There were two routes to the village and of which the cheapest one was the one that involved passing through a river....I jejely opt out for the road trip even though it was the expensive one cuz I no wan die leave this my small keke wey I dey use manage my life angry

Learn to swim. It's a life skill. It's like cooking or like knowing how to switch on a generator.

1 Like

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by nnadychuks(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11
Jennyclay:
Ehya! You’re a poor man!

Oga Keke rider!
tricycle is roughly 3 million now and
Tricycle riders earn 5-30k daily.

Madam…

Open your mind. White collar jobs isn’t the ultimate

2 Likes

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by santaclaws: 3:26pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many authorities in Nigeria are not proactive. If anything happens to the children, the ministry of education or the state government will form Mr. Swift Response to suspend the school.

The school in question is a disgrace to education. A school that should teach children safety is the one exposing the children to death. But the management of the school will get angry when you say the management is stupid.

Average Nigerians are careless and stupid. But sentimentalist don't want this to be pointed out. Even with life jackets, I am sure that the boat is not well-maintained. Do you know the worst? A child transported in this manner for years will grow into a careless adult. He or she will not enforce any safety measure if made a leader in future. He or she will be like, "If boat journey without a life jacket can kill, I would have been dead by now".

This is how many movie producers used boats without life jackets and AGN took no action. But the moment Junior Pope died, the AGN quickly suspended Adamma just to place all the blames on Adamma. Adamma is not innocent. But the AGN is equally or more guilty.

Over 90% of accidents and deaths in Nigeria are due to carelessness. More than 90% of vehicles used in Nigeria are not worthy to transport even wild animals. In addition to the deadly conditions of the vehicles, the driver have zero regards to safety. The passengers are not even helping matters.

It's not just the ministry of education we should talk about but the waterways and water transport regulatory bodies like LASWA and NIMASA.

What are they regulating if the boat operators don't have common life jackets? Honestly we can't blame the schools alone, the boat owners have to be able to provide life jackets to the passengers.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by nicodemusic(m): 3:30pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
It is sad that we really love taking risks in this country, this is not the first time boat mishaps have been happening in various rivers & dams in Nigeria and the passengers die while some go missing due to negligence of life jackets. Why would school children like this be taken on a boat ride excursion without proper arrangement of life jackets for the pupils?

Pls can you shed more light where this school is? This needs to be tackled to serve as warning to others
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Balablue64: 3:30pm On Apr 11
Namaster:
Nigerians are SUPREMELY idiotic.

These fools put SEVERAL little kids on a boat that has probably NEVER been maintained since it was bought second-hand many years ago and refused to provide life jackets.

When the boat capsizes and lives are lost, they'll blame the "river goddess".

The school should be tracked and shut down. The owner should be locked up along with the teacher that took the kids on the useless "excursion".

Supremely including you and your family members.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by toujurs: 3:35pm On Apr 11
Let's drop all these fake, care. Like we even care about human life. The only state that do try to meet up with standards in Nigeria is lagos.

We just don't care about human lives in Nigeria.

Tell me why there shouldn't be a strict policy on using safeguard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by isaiahethan: 3:37pm On Apr 11
westlius:
Omo if na my pikin, I will sue d school mgt ASSAP

Exactly my opinion
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:38pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:
Many authorities in Nigeria are not proactive. If anything happens to the children, the ministry of education or the state government will form Mr. Swift Response to suspend the school.

The school in question is a disgrace to education. A school that should teach children safety is the one exposing the children to death. But the management of the school will get angry when you say the management is stupid.

Average Nigerians are careless and stupid. But sentimentalist don't want this to be pointed out. Even with life jackets, I am sure that the boat is not well-maintained. Do you know the worst? A child transported in this manner for years will grow into a careless adult. He or she will not enforce any safety measure if made a leader in future. He or she will be like, "If boat journey without a life jacket can kill, I would have been dead by now".

This is how many movie producers used boats without life jackets and AGN took no action. But the moment Junior Pope died, the AGN quickly suspended Adamma just to place all the blames on Adamma. Adamma is not innocent. But the AGN is equally or more guilty.

Over 90% of accidents and deaths in Nigeria are due to carelessness. More than 90% of vehicles used in Nigeria are not worthy to transport even wild animals. In addition to the deadly conditions of the vehicles, the driver have zero regards to safety. The passengers are not even helping matters.
the same you will complain when cost of vest and worthy vehicles is transferred to you or you think these things fall out of the sky. We have forgone safety for cost. But continue forming social justice warrior. Better to lose some ppl due to risk than to lose all to poverty

1 Like

Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11
This a old picture. The caption of this should be disaster waiting to happen
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by PresidObi: 3:41pm On Apr 11
Truths9ja:
Nigeria authorities in the State should make used of life jacket 🧥 on our water ways.

Cc Nlfpmod fergie001 mynd44 Dominique ishilove missyB3 Fp

While the authorities in the Federal should keep doing nothing grin
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Benwallt(m): 3:43pm On Apr 11
This news is like 10years ago. Why do we like showboating like this. Every news platform you open, it's boat, boat and boat everywhere. Very annoying
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by RealSolution001: 3:47pm On Apr 11
Lawless country.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Truths9ja: 3:51pm On Apr 11
PresidObi:

While the authorities in the Federal should keep doing nothing grin
nope they should do enough works on our water ways. Life jacket no reach #6k. It’s not expensive at all
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Toluwanise247(m): 3:51pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
my brother, I swear to you before i sue the school, I'll so slap the principal.
You should discover the kind of people who send their children to that type of school…
Are you saying their parents are not aware
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by OboOlora(f): 3:52pm On Apr 11
Nothing will happen to them cos they are covered with the blood of Jesus.
Awon werey, using olive oil for diabetes instead of injecting insulin
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Raylight2(m): 3:55pm On Apr 11
The first day I got on a boat on the Indian Ocean without life jacket. Na so engine off for ontop water o. The boat man, go enter the water go dey start the engine while the wave dey move the boat from left to right on top water. That was the day I promised God that if I got out of that river alive, I won't ever take that level of risk on top water again.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by steeltrust: 4:00pm On Apr 11
Nigerians don’t take law suit seriously
For america here even your grass wan you no clear you go see your self for court de defend am on why you no clear am and if found guilty you go pay tire not to talk of things like this that involve life and death

When Nigerians leave to better societies that works they tell you that Nigeria is better because they know how to cut corners

To even drive okada here you go to school
Write exam, do practical and be safety cautious at all time if not you go face law suit

May Nigeria not happen to us when we don’t expect

Amen
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by Great0ne1: 4:02pm On Apr 11
Meektunz:
my brother, I swear to you before i sue the school, I'll so slap the principal.
Na only slap. I gor beat stupidity comot him body
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by babsthegreat: 4:05pm On Apr 11
This is very dangerous the school authority is careless
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by folake4u(f): 4:06pm On Apr 11
Life is cheap in this country. I can't wait to leave here.
Re: Schoolchildren On A Boat Ride Without Life Jackets (Photo) by DeepSight(m): 4:07pm On Apr 11
immortalcrown:

Forming Mr. Safety, but when it comes to your religious dogma you were not ashamed to say that it is a sin to divorce a spouse who is a serial killer. Oga how safe is such a teaching?

https://www.nairaland.com/8046826/how-first-marriage-crashed-after/2#129205462

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jim Ovia Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2016 - Full Details / Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) / 56-Year-Old Ghana Woman Celebrates Her Graduation From Junior Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.