Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi (17597 Views)

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort / Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road / Major Landmark Rocks In Nigeria (Pictures And Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by gabicon: 6:22pm On Apr 11
Morbeta11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/landmark-property-will-be-intact-no-job-will-be-lost-umahi/#google_vignette

According to the minister "250 meters from the shoreline belongs to the FG", who sold landmark the property of the FG? Who approved the landmark project in the first place, knowing fully well that the shoreline belongs to the FG? Why is Lagos state demolition thirsty after they must have given a nod to the project in the first place.These things don't make make sense.
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Elzazzi: 6:24pm On Apr 11
Penguin2:
I said it that Paul Onwasibe’s saving grace in this whole saga would be Umahi.

If it was an Agbado that is Minister of Works, that establishment would have been bulldozed.

They can be wicked like that. But thank God for God.

I think Umahi soft peddled for him.
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by caracas: 6:37pm On Apr 11
LegendHero:

No rather it is the children of perdition that can’t read that should be ashamed.

Umahi said nothing new. Even in the letter sent by the Lagos state government showed that it is 50m that is needed from it.

People just emotionally blow it out of proportion. There was never a time where they said they would demolish all his property along that axis. If you have the proof, bring that.
Oga keep quiet , it was very clear from the tone of the letter sent to him from lasg. They told him to vacate the entire premises within 7 days cos his property was in the right of way of the road project…
Shame on you jealous wicked ppl that wanted an Igbo man’s property destroyed…
SHAME SHAME SHAME…….
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:41pm On Apr 11
richiemcgold:

The project continues.
There is no demolition and no jobs would be lost.
Case closed!
Enemies of Nigeria can shut up their mouths 🤫🤫🤫

Nobody is actually enemies of Nigeria, Lee had criticism, also Deng. But today they are the fathers of modern Singapore and China respectively. Everyone loves them. Even as they are dead. It’s just the pilot people are wary for. Past experiences. Imagine someone like atiku enter, you will criticize everything he does because he is not the pilot you refer. So let them be Lee and Deng, I swear down. They will go down in history.
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Paraman: 6:42pm On Apr 11
Blaze14k:

I wish I could send you and audio here to explain better.. listen when you check the path for coastal road you will see they've sand filled the path very close to landmark resort. They just stopped very close to that beach.

Probably the owner most have given them a strong for them to change course. This is not about victim mentality they are already close to that beach
The road is not going to affect a little part of landmark alone, it's gonna affect every business along the route
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by jaymichael(m): 6:42pm On Apr 11
rajiedreez:
This has defeated the purpose of the resort, what's the purpose of a beach resort without shore lines
It will surely affect his business. Incidentally, the FG owns the shoreline and the owner wants to utilise his property. It is not landmark alone that will be affected.

1 Like

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by BreconHills(m): 6:44pm On Apr 11
LegendHero:

Show us the demolition notice where the they mentioned in it that they would demolish all his property.

I am waiting.

He can't. How can he? There was nothing like that. The area claimed by the FGN was clearly specified.

1 Like

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by beejay85: 6:46pm On Apr 11
PressMyButton:

According to Umahi, "I saw that there's no permanent structure other than a few shanties along the shoreline that are affected".
I guess the shanties along the shoreline are part of the $200million evaluation of Landmark.

1 Like

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Blaze14k: 6:47pm On Apr 11
Paraman:
The road is not going to affect a little part of landmark alone, it's gonna affect every business along the route

But you are looking for evidence on planned demolition
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Christian36: 6:47pm On Apr 11
LegendHero:

No rather it is the children of perdition that can’t read that should be ashamed.

Umahi said nothing new. Even in the letter sent by the Lagos state government showed that it is 50m that is needed from it.

People just emotionally blow it out of proportion. There was never a time where they said they would demolish all his property along that axis. If you have the proof, bring that.
They should compensate him, even if it is 1m that is needed, so long he bought the land and the state government were aware of the purchase. Put yourself in that man's shoes and see whether what he is asking for is right or wrong. Hope you know that the 50m you are talking about is not just a small land.
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Ttipsy(f): 6:48pm On Apr 11
CartelKenneth:

Next time when god ask them which country they should born them They should say Nigeria sharp sharp 😂😂😂
what is funny ??
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by ppogba: 6:48pm On Apr 11
kikake:

Destroying the landmark tourism site would have been like destroying one of the most principal revenue earners of Lagos for a road.

The usual chest beating.

No be only principal revenue earner.

Na Vice Chancellor revenue earner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Vulcan24(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11
SpatialKing:
Shame on those wicked soul the insisted it should be destroyed

There's nothing to destroy on landmark beach except for the buildings at the entrance housing a bar, cinema and some eateries and shops

The attraction is the beach and once a few km is taken as highway it draw out the fun! Unless they factor in a resort type of road like UNILAG coastal road!

TBH landmark is a fine resort and filled with exotic bars and even for kids! I worked there sometimes ago and it's a place of fun seriously!

It's about the best private resort in Nigeria! Those call girls avoid it cos of cost of entrance too. I wish more business men should replicate that idea
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by VULCAN(m): 6:50pm On Apr 11
Dafts everywhere.

Lagos State said the man should vacate the property in 7 days.

They didn't care about the jobs that were to be lost.

People began screaming that this is the No. 1 tourist destination in Lagos.

Dafts left the govt that wants to destroy property worth $200m and are here calling the people rejecting the evil enemies of Nigeria.

It is the Dafts and their handlers that are the true enemies of Nigeria

richiemcgold:

The project continues.
There is no demolition and no jobs would be lost.
Case closed!
Enemies of Nigeria can shut up their mouths 🤫🤫🤫

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Bestmanfornow: 6:52pm On Apr 11
LegendHero:
Tsefini. Umahi don talk am.

From Umahi statement self, the FG have right to 250m from the shoreline.

I want you to watch this video from TVC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgq3Ce2YgE?si=7NiUJidn06-hJ4zY
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by PHAYOL81: 6:58pm On Apr 11
Good. All parties should be happy now. The project would only gulp away the extension THAT WASN'T ORIGINALLY IN HIS LAND (deed of acquisition) AT POINT OF PURCHASE.
Good one FG, nice work LASG. It's a win-win afterall.

Blaze14k:

I wish I could send you and audio here to explain better.. listen when you check the path for coastal road you will see they've sand filled the path very close to landmark resort. They just stopped very close to that beach.

Probably the owner most have given them a strong for them to change course. This is not about victim mentality they are already close to that beach

You don't seem to understand it: the beach areas (otherwise the shoreline) wasn't sold to him because such is always reserved by government for security and protection. Landmark just siezed the opportunity of being closest to it to turn it to his financial use. Now, the original owner of the space is in need of it and he turned it to an attack aimed against him. If he has genuine document for the purchase of the shoreline, he can present it. Otherwise, he forfeits the space. Period

1 Like

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Menclothing1: 7:01pm On Apr 11
Christian36:
They should compensate him, even if it is 1m that is needed, so long he bought the land and the state government were aware of the purchase. Put yourself in that man's shoes and see whether what he is asking for is right or wrong. Hope you know that the 50m you are talking about is not just a small land.

Did u read to understand no one will
Sell
Shoreline to you am
Sure u never visited landmark
Once ur land is close to shoreline people tend to build beach front shades they are removable they are all over from Badagry to Epe we have many beach resort

He paid for land not shoreline govt can use shoreline

1 Like

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by CluelessMODS: 7:07pm On Apr 11
SpatialKing:
Who are those?

1 Like

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Raylight2(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11
Ttipsy:
It’s not fair to render people jobless

Demolishing landmark was a senseless thought in the first place. You have not created enough jobs yet thinking of demolishing somebody's livelihood and the thousands that depend on the job
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by CluelessMODS: 7:09pm On Apr 11
SpatialKing:
It is people like you na, people that feels somebody is always after their tribe. I don't care if you are Igbo or not but that is the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by iReddington: 7:11pm On Apr 11
Lolz419:

So it is the children of perdition that gave out the demolition notice?
Is it that u people don't have sense at all?
APC blame everyone except themselves
Nawa oo
Lol, na wa oo, are you dyslexic or something for God sake! If anyone is talking about sense, you should be the S.I unit of being daft. The same thing Umahi just said now about FG taking 50meters is what has always being said, and was contained in the letter the Govt sent to landmark initially, it's just the typical birdbrained and ignorant bums like you riling up your stupid sentiments. You can't read, you can't think, you can't comprehend. Just acoustic airheads and clowns you lots are. 🤦

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Raylight2(m): 7:12pm On Apr 11
gabicon:

According to the minister "250 meters from the shoreline belongs to the FG", who sold landmark the property of the FG? Who approved the landmark project in the first place, knowing fully well that the shoreline belongs to the FG? Why is Lagos state demolition thirsty after they must have given a nod to the project in the first place.These things don't make make sense.
do they mean every shoreline or where landmark is sitting because I know so many private investors establish resorts near the beach .
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Paraman: 7:14pm On Apr 11
Blaze14k:

But you are looking for evidence on planned demolition
sigh

Look at who I quoted

Pengun2:
I said it that Paul Onwasibe’s saving grace in this whole saga would be Umahi.

If it was an Agbado that is Minister of Works, that establishment would have been bulldozed.

They can be wicked like that. But thank God for God.
He claimed the establishment would have been destroyed

I asked him to show evidence the establishment would be destroyed

1 Like

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by iReddington: 7:18pm On Apr 11
kikake:

Destroying the landmark tourism site would have been like destroying one of the most principal revenue earners of Lagos for a road.
Landmark principal revenue earner for Lagos? grin undecided 🤦

Eh God, you villagers don't have the mental acuity to talk about how Lagos IGR is modeled. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Blaze14k: 7:21pm On Apr 11
Paraman:
sigh

Look at who I quoted

He claimed the establishment would have been destroyed

I asked him to show evidence the establishment would be destroyed

Oh what you are looking for is a document to prove it. You must be smoking colos so you are literally saying landmark resort is lying 🤥🤥 I don't blame you. Infact this whole saga never happened. Mchteeewww
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Paraman: 7:35pm On Apr 11
Blaze14k:

Oh what you are looking for is a document to prove it. You must be smoking colos so you are literally saying landmark resort is lying 🤥🤥 I don't blame you. Infact this whole saga never happened. Mchteeewww
Yes, Landmark is lying. There should be a letter from the government that states the whole landmark will be demolish in 7 days time.
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Blaze14k: 7:55pm On Apr 11
Paraman:
Yes, Landmark is lying. There should be a letter from the government that states the whole landmark will be demolish in 7 days time.

Bro go to his twitter tell him he is lying and then ask him to post the documents. You not kid u have the to demand for it
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by CSTRR: 8:01pm On Apr 11
PressMyButton:

Yes, he lied and that's victim crying, that's your modus operandi. A lot of businesses from Lagos to Calabar will be affected along the shoreline but the guy quickly ran to CNN to victim cry as if he was targetted. He hasn't even met with the Minister before playing the victim.
You are a clown that does not deserve to be answered.

A business that pays billions of naira to the Lagos state govt as taxes is now "YOUR".
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by CSTRR: 8:03pm On Apr 11
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by CSTRR: 8:06pm On Apr 11
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by gabicon: 8:18pm On Apr 11
Raylight2:
do they mean every shoreline or where landmark is sitting because I know so many private investors establish resorts near the beach .

I believe it means every shoreline in Nigeria, since it's a law.
Re: Landmark Property Will Be Intact, No Job Will Be Lost — Umahi by Paraman: 8:43pm On Apr 11
Blaze14k:

Bro go to his twitter tell him he is lying and then ask him to post the documents. You not kid u have the to demand for it
I quoted penguin who made the claim on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Narrates Near Crash Experience Onboard An Arik Flight From Lagos To Ghana / Lagos To Shut Independence Tunnel For 4 Weeks For Repairs From May 3 / Flood Sacks 35 Edo Communities, Renders 30,000 Homeless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.