Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,233 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu (11644 Views)

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A / Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / TCN Shuts Down Electricity Supply To The Discos Supplying Kaduna & Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by treesun: 4:23pm On Apr 11
The Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, has said the federal government will sanction power distribution companies (DisCos) that fail to supply 20 hours of electricity to customers in the Band A category.

This is contained in a post made by Adelabu on Tuesday in his official X (formerly Twitter) account.

The minister said this is part of the adjustments made under the newly revised tariff system targeted at electricity consumers under the Band A category.

Recall that the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) recently increased the electricity tariffs of customers under Band A category from N66/kWh to N225.kWh.

According to the NERC, Band A customers are the electricity users who enjoy power supply for a minimum of 20 hours daily.

Reacting to the development, the minister said the government will hold DisCos accountable for failure to supply 20 hours of electricity to customers under Band A.

Highlighting some of the provisions under the tariff adjustment reform, Adelabu noted that the federal government will save N1.5 trillion with tariff adjustment. FG still subsidizes Bands below A.

Pricing changes will help increase liquidity to the NESI and that DisCos will be sanctioned for supplying less than 20 hours electricity to Band A customers.
https://dailytrust.com/fg-to-sanction-discos-supplying-below-20-hours-to-band-a-adelabu/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by MuslimIgbo: 5:04pm On Apr 11
These foolish evil and SENSELESS people in power have lost it completely.
How can this senile fool justify the increments in tariffs with how Nigerians use or "waste" power by leaving their air-conditioner on? It's very senseless and funny.
What Stops them from providing prepaid meters for all customers and creating a good system of monitoring team that will ensure that costumers are not bypassing prepaid meters to steal? (THIS IS WHAT 40-60% OF NIGERIANS ARE DOING CURRENTLY )
If you give everyone prepaid meters and monitor the usage frequently, is it not going to be the headache of the customers if they misuse what they've paid for?

Nigerians too are too criminal minded. All most people want to do is to cheat the system then later blame the system for being corrupt.
I know a neighbor that has not paid for light for more than 2 years now. A purposely tampered with his prepaid meter through one of the PHCN staff and he has been using free electricity since then.
I have personally reported him and others on my street directly to PHCN office and online (EKEDC), and these fools have refused to do anything about it.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Yugoslavia247(m): 5:04pm On Apr 11
Lol

If this is funny laff with me.

FG want to sanction disco.

The national grid collapse who Dem sanction.

No be her we see say the megawatts don reduce from the source

Laff with me.
Jokes on Band A

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Flame333: 5:05pm On Apr 11
They should all be given their meters...

sanction shouldn't be an excuse for extortiontrue estimated billings....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by sofeo(m): 5:05pm On Apr 11
Alright.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by kelvindj98: 5:05pm On Apr 11
So you approved the hike with out even confirming if the discos are meeting their electricity distribution obligation. Tinubu needs to remove this power minister. He has to be one of his worst appointees.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by tefishy(m): 5:06pm On Apr 11
cheesy
Make everybody set alarm for this people. Time to hold them accountable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by kingsways: 5:06pm On Apr 11
Do you have the equipment to monitor what DIscos supply?

Or are you just talking because talk is cheap?

6 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by phemmie06(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11
All of you na scam.....
I was questioning an ie staff some years ago that why should a commercial enterprise be billed differently, is their kw different from others?
Same thing is applicable to the variance in band, why should they pay more for steady supply, will telecommunication network provider bill me more cos their network is stable in my area?

14 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by seunny4lif(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11
cheesy cheesy
I just love this country

Nigeria need to sign a deal with Prime or Netflix for massive season movies cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by linkers: 5:07pm On Apr 11
Audio sanction .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Jokerman(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11
Useless minister.

I don't blame you sha... A ministry that is supposed to be given to an engineer,padi padi gave it to an economist

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by helinues: 5:07pm On Apr 11
Better
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Dynamicboss: 5:07pm On Apr 11
This minister scorecard is abysmal. Zero strategy and initiative to improve power supply.

I hope this policy is implemented. The DISCOS are one of the major problems in t he power sector

4 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by maxiart2(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11
Okay na
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:08pm On Apr 11
Band A, other bands can go and die wit ;Dh or marry darkness cheesy Band A must be Abuja

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Platinumjab: 5:09pm On Apr 11
How can it be properly mo itored n implemented?

I have a used wheelchair for sale check my thread for more info

https://www.nairaland.com/8055195/used-wheelchair-sale
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by socialmediaman: 5:09pm On Apr 11
When Will this government stop being a government of "ready to" "set to" "committed to"

"to to to...." It's now sounding like a DJ's song beats. Haba!

4 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Ajoray: 5:09pm On Apr 11
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Winning123: 5:11pm On Apr 11
Yugoslavia247:
Lol

Laff with me.
Jokes on Band A

Why won't you laugh. Enemy of progress.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by justmondris: 5:11pm On Apr 11
Wahala awaits those who are not in the A category band, as Discos will reduce the little power supply they have been enjoying to meet the 20-hour-per-day target. I foresee significant power outages in most parts of the country.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by maasoap(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11
I thank them for reversing my area tariff down from N225 they recently announced to N67 (excluding 7.5% VAT). It was actually around N94 (excluding 7.5% VAT) before the new increment in tariff. I actually don't know what happened or happening.
Below:
1.Previous tarrif before the hike N94
2. During the hike N225
3. After the reverse N67. All excluding the VAT.

BadMaster:
Useless bastards. So, Band A users are the only people deserving of quality and accurate service? Every other band can go to hell.

My guy, it is better to remain on N67 per unit tarrif and manage the few hours you're getting daily than to move you to N225 per unit and still not getting power supply more than the other categories. Band A is a scam and you don't want to fall under that classification, trust me. Band A and others still getting roughly the same hours of electricity

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Dittodat: 5:12pm On Apr 11
Good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Dittodat: 5:12pm On Apr 11
Yugoslavia247:
Lol

Laff with me.
Jokes on Band A
Stop clowning.

You guys are always bemoaning govt steps at fixing issues.

If the National Grid is down, then that's a different scenario. But if things are working as expected but they supply less than 20 hours then they will be penalized. It's that simple.

All these steps will only make them work better in the long run.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Crowntop94: 5:13pm On Apr 11
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by BadMaster: 5:13pm On Apr 11
Useless bastards. So, Band A users are the only people deserving of quality and accurate service? Every other band can go to hell.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by tj2018: 5:13pm On Apr 11
Na who get the discos
Yugoslavia247:
Lol

Laff with me.
Jokes on Band A

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Sultty(m): 5:13pm On Apr 11
jokers 🤡🤡 where is the electricity that will be transmitted, how much electricity are we currently generating

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by DMerciful(m): 5:13pm On Apr 11
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by IyaTola: 5:14pm On Apr 11
Stories for the gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by PureFace1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 11
This man is very stupid

He seem to be working only for the benefits of the cabal in Power not the interest of people.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Dobodobo04: 5:15pm On Apr 11
Sanction isn’t enough Mr Adelabu. Withdraw their licences and pass it to more competent firms.

In fact, minister should have companies in background, ( mix of local and foreign companies) with good pedigree that can take over from failing Discos.

Bring in foreign power distribution companies and let them show the locals how it’s done.

Why would you be charging huge fees and can’t use part of the money to improve your infrastructure? They are doing it because there is no consequence.

Severely punish failures and you will see success emerge!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Would ‘ve Joined Boko Haram – Ex-military Gov, Onoja / 90 Minutes Exclusive Interview With The President - Muhammadu Buhari 7/1/2019 / Gov Ugwuanyi Pictured During Door-to-door Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.