Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu (11655 Views)

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A / Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / TCN Shuts Down Electricity Supply To The Discos Supplying Kaduna & Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by OROSENIWO: 8:21pm On Apr 11
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Mohisah: 8:35pm On Apr 11
MuslimIgbo:
These foolish evil and SENSELESS people in power have lost it completely.
How can this senile fool justify the increments in tariffs with how Nigerians use or "waste" power by leaving their air-conditioner on? It's very senseless and funny.
What Stops them from providing prepaid meters for all customers and creating a good system of monitoring team that will ensure that costumers are not bypassing prepaid meters to steal? (THIS IS WHAT 40-6% OF NIGERIANS ARE DOING CURRENTLY )
If you give everyone prepaid meters and monitor the usage frequently, is it not going to be the headache of the customers if they misuse what they've paid for?

Nigerians too are too criminal minded. All most people want to do is to cheat the system then later blame the system for being corrupt.
I know a neighbor that has not paid for light for more than 2 years now. A purposely tampered with his prepaid meter through one of the PHCN staff and he has been using free electricity since then.
I have personally reported him and others on my street directly to PHCN office and online (EKEDC), and these fools have refused to do anything about it.
Lol I believe we shld hv 20hrs first bfr u tackle bypass meters.. Being on Band-A isn't funny o.
If there's no light, watin u wan report bypass for? Let solve one first, which 20hrs light supply grin
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by phemmie06(m): 9:24pm On Apr 11
Paramount01:

Band is area not by meter, if the area you are is band A every body in under that meter falling to that band

I know, but na scam.... Is a kilowatt in band A different from a kilowatt in band C.
A kilowatt is a kilowat
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Neoteny(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11
MuslimIgbo:
How can this senile fool justify the increments in tariffs with how Nigerians use or "waste" power by leaving their air-conditioner on? It's very senseless and funny.
What Stops them from providing prepaid meters for all customers and creating a good system of monitoring team that will ensure that costumers are not bypassing prepaid meters to steal? (THIS IS WHAT 40-6% OF NIGERIANS ARE DOING CURRENTLY )
If you give everyone prepaid meters and monitor the usage frequently, is it not going to be the headache of the customers if they misuse what they've paid for?

Nigerians too are too criminal minded. All most people want to do is to cheat the system then later blame the system for being corrupt.
I know a neighbor that has not paid for light for more than 2 years now. A purposely tampered with his prepaid meter through one of the PHCN staff and he has been using free electricity since then.
I have personally reported him and others on my street directly to PHCN office and online (EKEDC), and these fools have refused to do anything about it.

Absolutely agree.

They've succeeded in creating a class system in the society, prioritizing some Nigerians over others.

They also fail to realize that not everyone on a Band A feeder needs or can afford 24 hours of electricity. There are also people on lower Bands who both need and can pay for 24 hours but are now discriminated upon.

There are also force majeure events that can hamper the 20 hour supply, such wind and thunderstorms, vandalism, terrorist acts, and pure theft by unscrupulous Nigerians (of which they are legion)

This is a harebrained scheme that's as unsustainable as it's dubious.

This minister smells like a scoundrel
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Fiyin007: 9:34pm On Apr 11
The banding makes absolutely no sense cos those on Band A are not more Nigerian than others. We should be asking why an economist is our power minister. Renewed Hope indeed
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Paramount01(m): 9:34pm On Apr 11
phemmie06:

I know, but na scam.... Is a kilowatt in band A different from a kilowatt in band C.
A kilowatt is a kilowat

The charges is diffrent, people in bank A wil be #220 per kilowat while other band Will pay 66 per kilowat
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Paramount01(m): 9:36pm On Apr 11
Fiyin007:
The banding makes absolutely no sense cos those on Band A are not more Nigerian than others.

Are everybody will to pay for the light?
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by femicyrus(m): 10:31pm On Apr 11
I hope the population on band A in Oyo State can secure you the governorship position in 2027.
The masses plunged into darkness will respond at the polling units

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by GentleRay: 11:52pm On Apr 11
This one think sey him dey talk to mugu
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Biodun556(m): 1:35am On Apr 12
Tonytonex:
They better oh. Cause, I'm on band A,
And I'm not getting power up to hr

The minister is saying there is no reason why they should not supply constantly. I think he has something to offer

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by MuslimIgbo: 5:11am On Apr 12
Haaland21:

Why are people from a particular region so disrespectful and uncouth in their approach to issues?

U call someone as old as your father a foolish evil....this shows that u must have been calling your parents worst thing.

You can pass your message in a civilized way.

Don't be a headless mob. At least prove soludo wrong.

You be holo riburuku
Who's your father mumu?
You know everyone on the Internet and their age? Everyone is your mate on the Internet?
You're very very senseless
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by jaxxy(m): 5:25am On Apr 12
Putting the cart before the horse as usual.

Clowns
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Haaland21: 7:05am On Apr 12
MuslimIgbo:

You be holo riburuku
Who's your father mumu?
You know everyone on the Internet and their age? Everyone is your mate on the Internet?
You're very very senseless

U just confirmed what I wrote

Shame on you. You represent your parent well.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Tonytonex(m): 7:42am On Apr 12
Biodun556:

The minister is saying there is no reason why they should not supply constantly. I think he has something to offer
yes. A lot of money has been spent on it.
And power generation has increased and added to the national grid.
So they don't have any reason.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by badoh(m): 10:30am On Apr 12
MuslimIgbo:
What Stops them from providing prepaid meters for all customers and creating a good system of monitoring team that will ensure that costumers are not bypassing prepaid meters to steal? (THIS IS WHAT 40-60% OF NIGERIANS ARE DOING CURRENTLY )

You nailed it directly but let's learn to always criticize without calling people senile or fool. Imagine someone cheating the system for more than two years and same person will be blaming the govt for every rots in the system. The govt needs to strengthen the institutions and put in place effective laws to punish people to serve as deterrent to others.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by badoh(m): 10:33am On Apr 12
phemmie06:
All of you na scam.....
I was questioning an ie staff some years ago that why should a commercial enterprise be billed differently, is their kw different from others?
Same thing is applicable to the variance in band, why should they pay more for steady supply, will telecommunication network provider bill me more cos their network is stable in my area?
May be we need somebody like the Minister of Interior to manage the ministry of power but won't the mess the guy cleansed in immigration be returned if the guy is redeployed to power ministry?
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by MuslimIgbo: 12:44pm On Apr 12
Haaland21:

U just confirmed what I wrote

Shame on you. You represent your parent well.
Ewu
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by phemmie06(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12
Paramount01:

The charges is diffrent, people in bank A wil be #220 per kilowat while other band Will pay 66 per kilowat

Which is heavier a kilo of feather or a kilo of stone?
A kilogram is a kilogram so their weight is the same.

What's the difference between a kilowatt in band A and a kilowatt in band Z?

Irrespective of where you're buying your cement, a bag is 50kg there's no different measurements irrespective of places
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Digmygold: 2:51pm On Apr 12
kelvindj98:
So you approved the hike with out even confirming if the discos are meeting their electricity distribution obligation. Tinubu needs to remove this power minister. He has to be one of his worst appointees.

Discos will get sanctioned and fined. The government will take the fine leaving the end users directly affected with zero compensation. What a country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profile Of Jafiya Lydia Shehu, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member / VP Osinbajo Commissions Shared Facility For MSMEs, New Power Station In Anambra / Ex-air Force Chief, Umar, Diverted N13.3bn In 2 Yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.