Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A (13829 Views)

New Band A Tariff: NERC Orders Automatic Downgrade After 7 Days Non-Performance / Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by adenigga(m): 5:25pm On Apr 12
The Eko Electricity Distribution Company says the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has approved the migration of 33 additional feeders to Band A under its franchise area.

The feeders are Adeleke Adedoyin, Ajeast, Annex, Army Resettlement, British America Tobacco, CIG, Coker, Dideolu, Droyers, Empire Court, Estate, Etim Inyang, Firro, Freeman, Glover, Heritage, M&K Express, Mega Plaza, Montgomery 1, Moore Road, Nest Oil, NIMR, Nipost, Osborne, Ozumba Mbadiwe, Palace Road, Rocky Estate, Rumens, Smith, Station Feeder (Nitel), Victoria Arobieke, DPR andNitel.

The DisCo disclosed this Friday in a statement made available to our correspondent by the General Manager, Corporate Communications of EKEDC, Babatunde Lasaki.

PUNCH online reports that on April 3, the Federal Government, through the NERC, announced that subsidy would no longer be paid on the electricity consumed by Band A customers.

From N68 per kilowatt-hour, Band A customers now pay N255/KWh, while others maintain the old tariffs.

Lasaki said customers in these areas would experience “a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours of power supply daily in line with the newly approved Multi-Year Tariff Order”.

He assured customers within the EKEDC network of ongoing efforts to improve the quality of service rendered to them.

He said, “In our bid to serve our customers better, we are looking to even add more feeders to the list of our Band A feeders so that more customers can enjoy a guaranteed 20 hours of power supply daily.

“It is also our commitment to ensure that customers under other service bands, that is, Bands B to E also enjoy their guaranteed minimum supply hours while we work to improve our power supply”.

Lasaki added that EKEDC was working to eliminate supply downtime within its franchise area and achieve its goal of a stable and uninterruptible power supply.

He said, “The EKEDC is dedicated to investing more in infrastructural capacity to improve power supply and is working with all stakeholders to ensure a minimum of 20 hours of supply is available to all its customers”.
Source: https://punchng.com/33-additional-EKEDC-feeders-migrated-to-Band-A

5 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by AbuTwins: 5:55pm On Apr 12
Band A is for rich people!

Ikeja Electric Just leave me for Band B.

Minimum of 16 hours don do me! Small for night and small for day

I need prepaid meter o!

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 5:55pm On Apr 12
BandA mostly estates and industrial areas...increase in tarrif for industrial areas= increase in prices of finished goods.

Tomorrow Nigerians will start asking why is dollar coming down and food prices going up yen yen yen.

Tinupoo is playing you the devil's advocate...give you with right hand, collect it back with left hand, nitoru olorun abi how Una talk am😂

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by meum: 5:55pm On Apr 12
The ones wey dey band A before no Dey get light reach 20 hours yet they are adding more areas to this their scam band. The next thing is to apologize for any inconveniences as if they mean it.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by deedeemob(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12
ghen ghen
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ebukamatth(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tefishy(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12

The way they keep making emphasis on Band A, you go think say na 24hrs light dem dey get

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Kellie069(m): 5:57pm On Apr 12
All this just to charge people exorbitantly! I am certain that most of these supposed band A areas don’t receive even 10 hrs of electricity daily! How does the govt scam its citizens and act like nothing is wrong ?

26 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tommy589(m): 5:57pm On Apr 12
Official scammers

It was estimated bills that led the migration to prepaid. Now, we have prepaid metres with state sanctioned fleecing scheme, where you pay for services not utilised

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Houseontherock1: 5:58pm On Apr 12
Looking for more customers to pay for more darkness...this kind of upgrade is an insult because they are lying to your face that you are enjoying more light when in fact you are powering your facility privately undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by seborrhic: 5:59pm On Apr 12
Na so.
Gradually they will migrate everyone to at least the next upper grade since they found out that Nigerians have lived up to expectations as being the weakest set of people in the world,able to absolve all sh it thrown at them

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by nedu666: 5:59pm On Apr 12
On top 2300mw. You are adding more people to band A. By the time other discos start adding more to band A, we shall see what will remain to serve other bands.

16 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:01pm On Apr 12
Add more Gini? cheesy
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Honestey: 6:03pm On Apr 12
Band A that doesn't get amount of electricity supply as expected of bandC,
Band A gets Band C amount of power supply at most while Band B gets amount of power supply as expected of Band D. Which means this band band is nothing but yahoo yahoo

7 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Omoluabi16(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12
E go reach everybody. E go surely reach everybody.

7 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:03pm On Apr 12
Scam format... very soon dem go migrate everyone to Band A. Whether u like am or not

10 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by dreamworld: 6:04pm On Apr 12
grin
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Brandon54(m): 6:04pm On Apr 12
Issoright
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by omoredia: 6:06pm On Apr 12
We are paying for a clueless government. Ignorance is costly

2 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by bluefilm: 6:07pm On Apr 12
What a balabluu
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tollyboy5(m): 6:08pm On Apr 12
grin
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by rilChilz: 6:09pm On Apr 12
Dem say i dey band A.... I swear i no dey see even 5 hours of electricity a day!!!

2 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by DagashSamson: 6:10pm On Apr 12
Technically reducing power supply to aboki in the North.
If you have stayed in the North before you will wonder why states with less purchasing power are enjoying more stable power supply than those with higher purchasing power in the south.
The recent tariff increment is too much at a go, however I think it's a scheme to redistribute power supply regionally.
How many areas in the North can afford the tariff for minimum of 20 hours a day.
Many times Buhari administration had to step in and pay the difference for Kano Electricity Distribution Company as well as other DISCO's (Kano was the highest all the time) due to shortfall in revenue collection and remittance to the GENCO's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by tollyboy5(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12
Ozommadu:

BandA mostly estates and industrial areas...increase in tarrif for industrial areas= increase in prices of finished goods.

Tomorrow Nigerians will start asking why is dollar coming down and food prices going up yen yen yen.

Tinupoo is playing you the devil's advocate...give you with right hand, collect it back with left hand, nitoru olorun abi how Una talk am😂
Olodo constant light will ease the price of goods because light is cheaper than gen.

6 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Bizibi(m): 6:11pm On Apr 12
Give em the 18 hrs light before you talk about 24 hrs electricity.
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by DeepRoyal: 6:13pm On Apr 12
My Band B dey be like Band D

1 Like

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Ozommadu: 6:13pm On Apr 12
tollyboy5:

Olodo constant light will ease the price of goods because light is cheaper than gen.

Where's the constant light? Don't be unfortunate

11 Likes

Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by JovicoEbikes: 6:14pm On Apr 12
How do you know the band you da under
Re: 33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A by Honestey: 6:14pm On Apr 12
rilChilz:
Dem say i dey band A.... I swear i no dey see even 5 hours of electricity a day!!!

It's BandIT A you dey

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SW Leaders Led By Tinubu Do Not Want Regionalism, Shamelessly Prefer Status Quo / G-7 Governors, Baraje, Accept Court Ruling On Tukur / I Joined APC To Help FG Fight Corruption, Says Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.