Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu (11663 Views)

33 Additional EKEDC Feeders Migrated To Band A / Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / TCN Shuts Down Electricity Supply To The Discos Supplying Kaduna & Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by IyaTola: 5:15pm On Apr 11
You don't need to forsee anything, it s typical Nigeria "thing".
justmondris:
Wahala awaits those who are not in the A category band, as Discos will reduce the little power supply they have been enjoying to meet the 20-hour-per-day target. I foresee significant power outages in most parts of the country.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by samwash(m): 5:15pm On Apr 11
Which one be band A or B?
You see in this country the government is not ready at all to give it's citizens 24/7 constant electrical.
I don't think constant electricity will ever happen in this country with this type of attitude. Just imagine in this age & times, they are very proud to give you 20hrs of electricity, I dey shame for this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by opera1(m): 5:15pm On Apr 11
Ggsgs
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Tonytonex(m): 5:16pm On Apr 11
They better oh. Cause, I'm on band A,
And I'm not getting power up to hr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by do4luv14(m): 5:18pm On Apr 11
MuslimIgbo:
These foolish evil and SENSELESS people in power have lost it completely.
How can this senile fool justify the increments in tariffs with how Nigerians use or "waste" power by leaving their air-conditioner on? It's very senseless and funny.
What Stops them from providing prepaid meters for all customers and creating a good system of monitoring team that will ensure that costumers are not bypassing prepaid meters to steal? (THIS IS WHAT 40-6% OF NIGERIANS ARE DOING CURRENTLY )
I know a neighbor that has not paid for light for more than 2 years now. A purposely tampered with his prepaid meter through one of the PHCN staff and he has been using free electricity since then.
I have personally reported him and others on my street directly to PHCN office and online (EKEDC), and these fools have refused to do anything about it.

Since our Govt had refused to get sense, I would still join that trend too, as for you, you go report tire, Cos all those people care about is the Csh nothing more

lemme me tell you something, in my office we hardly see 16hours of steady Light, yet we had been grouped into band B, by same EKEDC, worst still they bring a bill of #63k, and expect us to pay within 1week,

Now if you were in my shoes what will you do

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by ezenna191(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11
Is NERC working? Every effort to draw the attention of NERC to the deplorable power situation at Hatchery layout, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State and the poor performance of EEDC have failed. Bad enough is that the ministry and the regulatory commission are only interested in cashing out at the detriment of helpless and hapless customers. Businesses are collapsing, while social life are no more at Hatchery layout Abakaliki and some people are only interested in hiking electricity tariff. Shame to these shameless officers. Please resign.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by do4luv14(m): 5:20pm On Apr 11
justmondris:
Wahala awaits those who are not in the A category band, as Discos will reduce the little power supply they have been enjoying to meet the 20-hour-per-day target. I foresee significant power outages in most parts of the country.

Then they should get ready to reduce the bills too, else their officers body go tell them
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 5:22pm On Apr 11
This foolish and incompetent government should channel their weak ass energy on make electricity supply stable before increasing the tariff. When Barth Nnaji was Minister for power, he did well by increasing our megawatts upto 5000 megawatts.
That foolish fool called Fashola didn't even do anything other than increasing the electricity tariff and worsen the situation.
APC is nothing but a f**king plague.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Ten06(m): 5:23pm On Apr 11
I beg they should also sanctioned PHCN in Yenagoa, they are giving only 12 hours power for 7 days for band C and they are collecting flat rate bill, making us to pay for power we did not use.
This has been happening for many years now
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Slytiger: 5:24pm On Apr 11
Nigerians would say give us light, and we would play. They should enjoy their 20hours light.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by tnerro1(m): 5:26pm On Apr 11
Mr off freezer😁😁😁😁
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Wainey: 5:30pm On Apr 11
socialmediaman:
When Will this government stop being a government of "ready to" "set to" "committed to"

"to to to...." It's now sounding like a DJ's song beats. Haba!
they are just telling you what they will do.
This is not a govt of "set to" if you look at this government, they have been very consistent is suffering the masses. Though I pray all these policies yield good results
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Everlastingson: 5:30pm On Apr 11
This Adelabu is so crooked and insincere. Full of lies and foolishness. He knows nothing except to tell lies as per APC. "We will. We shall. We are going to". All lies.
This is the fellow that said Nigerians leave their AC on whole days. How many hours does he supply power a day that will let one leave AC on that way. In any case, if I leave my AC on for years am I not the one paying for the power? Lying liar looking for mumu excuses. This man should be relieved of his position.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by CartelKenneth: 5:32pm On Apr 11
kelvindj98:
So you approved the hike with out even confirming if the discos are meeting their electricity distribution obligation. Tinubu needs to remove this power minister. He has to be one of his worst appointees.

If this was an Arab north Asian or Latin American country , tinubu would’ve been stoned to death
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Chicagograduate(m): 5:33pm On Apr 11
To sanctioned.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by CartelKenneth: 5:34pm On Apr 11
MemphitzDgreat1:
This foolish and incompetent government should channel their weak ass energy on make electricity supply stable before increasing the tariff. When Barth Nnaji was Minister for power, he did well by increasing our megawatts upto 5000 megawatts.
That foolish fool called Fashola didn't even do anything other than increasing the electricity tariff and worsen the situation.
APC is nothing but a f**king plague.

Thunder fire APC all their members and supporters
May they die a slow brutal death and burn in hell forever for what they did to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by CartelKenneth: 5:36pm On Apr 11
What is the meaning of that stupid “enjoy” wey dem dey use there
What do they mean by “enjoy” what are we enjoying Abeg? Something we are paying for they say enjoy?
Are we begging for it or are they dashing us the light for free?

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Aroyjunior(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11
Oloriburuku
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by CartelKenneth: 5:38pm On Apr 11
Ten06:
I beg they should also sanctioned PHCN in Yenagoa, they are giving only 12 hours power for 7 days for band C and they are collecting flat rate bill, making us to pay for power we did not use.
This has been happening for many years now

They will use the money to send their children abroad and build mansions abroad
Livestock better pass common man for Nigeria on g
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Paramount01(m): 5:39pm On Apr 11
MuslimIgbo:
These foolish evil and SENSELESS people in power have lost it completely.
How can this senile fool justify the increments in tariffs with how Nigerians use or "waste" power by leaving their air-conditioner on? It's very senseless and funny.
What Stops them from providing prepaid meters for all customers and creating a good system of monitoring team that will ensure that costumers are not bypassing prepaid meters to steal? (THIS IS WHAT 40-6% OF NIGERIANS ARE DOING CURRENTLY )
If you give everyone prepaid meters and monitor the usage frequently, is it not going to be the headache of the customers if they misuse what they've paid for?

Nigerians too are too criminal minded. All most people want to do is to cheat the system then later blame the system for being corrupt.
I know a neighbor that has not paid for light for more than 2 years now. A purposely tampered with his prepaid meter through one of the PHCN staff and he has been using free electricity since then.
I have personally reported him and others on my street directly to PHCN office and online (EKEDC), and these fools have refused to do anything about it.

Every party have to be blame jare, my own is even if I can't afford it for now let the light just be stable, if is stable and we are sure Govt will now know how to subsidize it, what is govt subsidizing when the system. Is very bad
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by ZUBY77(m): 5:41pm On Apr 11
EKDC in Lekki axis should be first.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Paramount01(m): 5:42pm On Apr 11
phemmie06:
All of you na scam.....
I was questioning an ie staff some years ago that why should a commercial enterprise be billed differently, is their kw different from others?
Same thing is applicable to the variance in band, why should they pay more for steady supply, will telecommunication network provider bill me more cos their network is stable in my area?

Band is area not by meter, if the area you are is band A every body in under that meter falling to that band
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by RhinoChest: 5:43pm On Apr 11
There are various power distribution companies across the world with proven track record that would be willing to take over some of the Discos in Nigeria.

There is liquidity due to hike in prices, so it should be attractive to competent foreign companies. Minister should look to attracting foreign companies to take over.

It’s madness to blame technical glitches for delivering 20 hours of power. Don’t sanction them, just get rid of them if they keep failing and give the licences to foreign Discos.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Paramount01(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11
NGArmyTerrorist:
Band A, other bands can go and die wit ;Dh or marry darkness cheesy Band A must be Abuja

Lolz. You spoke my mind, so everybody should move to area that is band A

1 Like

Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Paramount01(m): 5:44pm On Apr 11
Ajoray:

We dey enjoy this band a for here oh
See steady light like this

Which area?
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by frog12: 5:46pm On Apr 11
you dey work for 16 hrs a day ?

do4luv14:

Since our Govt had refused to get sense, I would still join that trend too, as for you, you go report tire, Cos all those people care about is the Csh nothing more

lemme me tell you something, in my office we hardly see 16hours of steady Light, yet we had been grouped into band B, by same EKEDC, worst still they bring a bill of #63k, and expect us to pay within 1week,

Now if you were in my shoes what will you do
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Paramount01(m): 5:49pm On Apr 11
tj2018:
Na who get the discos

Tinubu, is that not wat you want to hear
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by BadMaster: 5:52pm On Apr 11
maasoap:
I thank them for reversing my area tariff down from N225 they recently announced to N67 (excluding N7.50 VAT). It was actually around N94 (excluding N7.50 VAT) before the new increment in tariff. I actually don't know what happened or happening.
Below:
1.Previous tarrif before the hike N94
2. During the hike N225
3. After the reverse N67. All excluding the VAT.

My guy, it is better to remain on N67 per unit tarrif and manage the few hours you're getting daily than to move you to N225 per unit and still not getting power supply more than the other categories. Band A is a scam and you don't want to fall under classification, trust me. Band A and others still getting roughly the same hours of electricity
The thing is, ever since the increment in tariff for Band A, power has become terrible in my area as we are on band B. AEDC has made band A the only priority. Can you imagine that they even launched a web app where they provide daily updates on the uptime of power for Band A areas? Here's the link https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYzBjMjA4ZmItNDllNC00Njc4LTk1ZTgtNTFhMzQ4ZDY0NjRmIiwidCI6IjUzMjc2MWM4LTYzZDYtNDk5OC1hNTIwLTNmZDYxOGVkNzM0MCIsImMiOjh9

If not for inverter, it would have been nightmarish for some of us. Today, I haven't had a total of up to 5 hours of light, and they probably won't bring the light till tomorrow. It's insane and annoying.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Gboyeee: 5:52pm On Apr 11
Yugoslavia247:
Lol

If this is funny laff with me.

FG want to sanction disco.

The national grid collapse who Dem sanction.

No be her we see say the megawatts don reduce from the source

Laff with me.
Jokes on Band A

National Grid does not collapse everyday. Everyone needs to be accountable including FG.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Bluntemperor: 5:53pm On Apr 11
samwash:
Which one be band A or B?
You see in this country the government is not ready at all to give it's citizens 24/7 constant electrical.
I don't think constant electricity will ever happen in this country with this type of attitude. Just imagine in this age & times, they are very proud to give you 20hrs of electricity, I dey shame for this country.

It's ALL Corruption!
Sebi,if the Minister's Car is on the Road,you have to tell others Cars not to pile the Road,abi?
It's a clever way to steal from different Areas, without Accountability!
There is nothing like Plan A,B or C abroad - light na light!
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by Billmos: 5:55pm On Apr 11
Imagine my area we can't boast of 2 hours light daily by their band placement we can't even fit to be in band E,but phed recent bill the brought the billed us using band A tariff plan,but on Monday I will enter their office cos the have more refund to us.i no agree for phed anymore.
Re: FG To Sanction Discos Supplying Below 20 Hours To Band A – Adelabu by nedu666: 5:56pm On Apr 11
For band A to get 20hrs a day that means
1. Grid must not collapse
2. Rain must not fall. Remember it takes 3 days for wire to dry
3. Other bands must get more darkness than light
4. There must be no gas shortage

You can add your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCB Denies Report Of Missing Tinubu’s Case File / PDP To Lai Mohammed: INEC Failed, Atiku Won The Presidential Election / Senate Halts Port Harcourt Refinery Concession To Agip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.