Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,714 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? (9903 Views)

Your Normal Eating Pattern / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) / Inflation: What Is Happening Pls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by VinnyBaba: 8:04pm On Apr 11
MrPOTUS:

This one no be bricklayer food again o, na big man food now.

You'll spend an average of #850 to 1k to eat this food to your satisfaction now.

Thank you, Brotherly.

And that YEYE tinibu Agbad0rian is claiming the Economy is getting Balanced. undecided angry

Back then, we used to Laugh at those BrickLayers and Labourers who ate that Coke and Bread Combo now,
Now Even some Govt Workers can't buy Fanta and Bread with ease again. embarassed sad

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by MrPOTUS: 8:07pm On Apr 11
VinnyBaba:

Thank you, Brotherly.

And that YEYE tinibu Agbad0rian is claiming the Economy is getting Balanced. undecided angry

Back then, we used to Laugh at those BrickLayers and Labourers who ate that Coke and Bread Combo now,
Now Even some Govt Workers can't buy Fanta and Bread with ease again. embarassed sad

Aswear!

Omo, naija choke.

Na on God o!

7 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Chicagograduate(m): 8:12pm On Apr 11
11Anonymous:
Wanted to buy half kilo of chicken this evening to cook my stew, they said ₦2,500🍗

I just kuku tell the person say I go do the stew like that and the rice will satisfy me
Na only rice and beans with stew I dey eat now.Fish or meat is off.Sometimes I buy 1 egg,fry am with the stew as protein.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Chicagograduate(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11
Nigerians life expectancy won't exceed 45 with the current hardship.As a human being,we are not suppose to be economical with food.It is essential to our life expectancy.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by pretydiva(f): 8:17pm On Apr 11
Oracleee:
Not like you can't afford them, but as a dude on a budget you need to cut cost. I do budget certain amount for everything before now, with the inflation at hand I had to adjust as not to spend investment money on food and other edibles. I reduced lounge meet ups from almost every evening to twice a week (I go to church more). I technically reduced all stuffs I do that ain't necessities. This days, I seat more at home by evenings, enjoy my favourite four cousin and red devil redemption game. I even learnt how to marinate and grill my own chicken and turkey as the one in lounges can't tally with my budget. ......

Instead of hang out in lounges, I go to play lawn tennis or Volleyball in the local stadium around. By the time I finish, na to hang out with the guys on court and go home to relax from there. I even took up reading as an hobby now. The economy brought about some good positive side Sha.
This is brilliant. Kudos
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by vivalavida(m): 8:21pm On Apr 11
Nazgul:

My brother na the problem way we de face be that. Dollar de come down, things de rise, it just doesn't make any sense.

Make dollar rise abeg. Imagine as it today exchange rate was N1,179 to $1. Something that used to be around N1,800 around February. If prices of things wouldn't come down, let the dollar rise biko.

You are a wicked soul. Just for your personal benefit u don't mind if others suffer.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Nazgul: 8:25pm On Apr 11
vivalavida:
You are a wicked soul. Just for your personal benefit u don't mind if others suffer.
Lol...you should direct your frustrations at those who refuse to bring down the prices of their goods despite the obvious crash of the dollar.

My opinion wouldn't change anything in the inflation market. So take your uncultured tongue to the right place and run rogue with it.

5 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Josipov: 8:29pm On Apr 11
Kharol1234:
0-1-1

1-0-1

snacks in between-1

Mine is 1-1-0

Due to the nature of my job as it requires a lot of energy mentally and physically.

4 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Lastpharoah33: 8:31pm On Apr 11
It's not funny for we wey be hustlers,

I dey budget 1,500 for just breakfast and lunch everyday cos my nature of work require I eat real good.

Not saving much these days, I gats to fill my belly 1st!

5 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Lastpharoah33: 8:32pm On Apr 11
Josipov:

Mine is 1-1-0

Due to the nature of my job as it requires a lot of energy mentally and physically.

We move!

1 Like

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Silentgroper(m): 8:45pm On Apr 11
Sportsolutions2:
It's A Good Thing To Live in A Town With Loads of Fresh Fruits, Cassava Tubers, Yams And Paddy Rice.

It's Always Getting Better.

Today; Wifey Prepared Pawpaw Pie, Bonze And Chin-Chin From The Cassava Flour That I Produced From The Cassava Tubers That I Recently Processed For Garri And Fufu Flour.

It Was Yummy.

Two Words of Advice: Cultivate Crops And Process Your Own Foods. It will save you Alot!

#CassavaIsUnderrrated.
how does it taste?? .. looks like something I'd to crunch on while seeing movies...

Is it true there are eatable cassava?? .. like just peel the body and boil it like yam??

1 Like

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by noruwasman(m): 8:52pm On Apr 11
It hasn’t affected my eating plans rather my budget plans. Though I knew it was going to affect Nigeria economy as a result of changes in government and has to plan ahead but never expected it get to this levy and all this affected my budget plans.

2 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by CandidAdmin(m): 8:55pm On Apr 11
Ponmo is now the order of the day.
Imaging 5 people dey share 1 spag.
Firewood to the rescue.
Omo if you no dey struggle for this economy, you no know wetin God do 4 you.
Abeg ask 4 my aza ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Silentgroper(m): 8:57pm On Apr 11
Proper food, morning and night.. junks , fruits and whatnots in the afternoon has always been my eating pattern .. so I'd say yes.. as na chicken pie I dey chop for afternoon or anything pie but now na 200n doughnuts or puff/buns i dey chop oo . Proper meal hasn't changed, except for the fact that I don reduce the amount of meat wey I dey buy .. But whenever I'm seeing a good movie, omoh i no sey get eating pattern oo cause something hast to be in my mouth..

Today, I enjoyed three Ogbomosho mango for lunch .. naso the seller dey always shout am for street in I.b

3 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by zoeymikey(f): 8:57pm On Apr 11
MOG6670:
are you a tailor?
Yes,I know how to sew..
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by ImoleNaija: 9:05pm On Apr 11
VinnyBaba:

How on Earth is the economy getting Balanced

Most Nigerians CAN'T eat Proper meals again, which caused the OP to create this Thread. undecided

Even Fanta and Bread which Pple call BrickLayer Food has become Expensive, yet you are Talking RUBBISH because of love for your Tribesman. angry sad

You tinibu supporters are such TERRIBLE Beings! sad

And the bricklayers tell you they don't have fund for bread and Fanta?

The same energy you put into supporting your own tribesman.

You can go to hell.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by CodeTemplar: 9:06pm On Apr 11
The real extent is revealed by the fact no one wants to share opinions they agree with. Just likes but no shares.

No one wants to farm now. Farms are risky because cow must chop.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by poshestmina(f): 9:09pm On Apr 11
Not pattern per say ,the quality reduced.

A 10k pot of soup then won't have the same 'Obstacles' with the same amount now.
I like meat ,fish (dry or fresh ,sometimes both) ,Stockfish, ponmo,periwinkle etc.

Now ,only meat and One fish wey be like wetin Beriberi kill go enter 6/7k .

So for me ,it's less protein and cravings.
Money for night Suya and chivita go reach to cook Spaghetti .

Wait Maria ,pattern change true true .Haven't eaten Bbq suya and pork for a long time now .Cravings sef don run ,'there's rice at home'
Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by MOG6670(m): 9:13pm On Apr 11
zoeymikey:

Yes,I know how to sew..
alright! I need to learn this tailoring cos am tired of giving huge among to fashion designer. Do u think i can archieve that in short period of time?
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Sportsolutions2(m): 9:15pm On Apr 11
Silentgroper:
how does it taste?? .. looks like something I'd to crunch on while seeing movies...

Is it true there are eatable cassava?? .. like just peel the body and boil it like yam??

Taste is Yummy.

You'll Love It When Mixed With Wheat in A 70:30% Proportion.

Yes, There Are Eatable Cassava Tubers. It's called TME 419 Varieties. We Majorly Have Them Here in Cross River State. In Ekiti State; We Call Them "Ege Oniyan".

I also use them to produce Custard.

And I Eat Them As African Salad (Abacha) Diced With Pawpaw And Lots of Onions Too.

1 Like

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by MOG6670(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11
vivalavida:

why u no dey comprehend? Ehn... Scroll up and read what he wrote and do justice to urself.

2 Likes

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Emdebby2: 9:24pm On Apr 11
The current economy has affected my eating habits. I must cut cost to be able to sustain life.

1 Like

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Sportsolutions2(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11
MOG6670:
i want to farm this cassava on a low scale, how do i go about it?

Great.

Cassava is one of the easiest and cheapest crop to grow in Nigeria.

Do you have Lands already ?

That's The First Step To Take:

"Land Acquisition".

You can rent one if you don't have one.

Over here in Cross River State; We Rent Lands For Farming Purpose for 1 Year Generally Between 10,000 Naira - 20,000 Naira Depending On The Size of The Land.

So, The Idea is To find out the price of Agricultural Land Acquisition in Your Area Before You Get Started With Other Inputs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by hansomb: 9:29pm On Apr 11
Alhamdulillah. Infant, it seems my eating has increased. But no be me dey run am, na God.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Inosky(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11
It's even this period I started visiting ShopRite regularly to buy things, something I don't use to do. We only live but once

1 Like

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by MOG6670(m): 9:38pm On Apr 11
Sportsolutions2:

Great.

Cassava is one of the easiest and cheapest crop to grow in Nigeria.

Do you have Lands already ?

That's The First Step To Take:

"Land Acquisition".

You can rent one if you don't have one.

Over here in Cross River State; We Rent Lands For Farming Purpose for 1 Year Generally Between 10,000 Naira - 20,000 Naira Depending On The Size of The Land.

So, The Idea is To find out the price of Agricultural Land Acquisition in Your Area Before You Get Started With Other Inputs.

good! Normally i'm a farmer "rice,groundnut, maize, beans and even cotton" but i've never tried cassava which i want to try it nw. I have atleast 20ft^4-square of land for it.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Hopez456(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11
Silentgroper:

Yes, even sweeter than yam.

There are some local yams we grew up knowing, called ISU Ewura, haven't seen them in ages.

They were good subs for the conventional yams and they grow anywhere then.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by vivalavida(m): 10:10pm On Apr 11
Nazgul:

Lol...you should direct your frustrations at those who refuse to bring down the prices of their goods despite the obvious crash of the dollar.

My opinion wouldn't change anything in the inflation market. So take your uncultured tongue to the right place and run rogue with it.

You are simply wicked. Prices of goods will take time to come down as present stocks was bought with higher forex value. With tine ìt will definitely come down. A bad of rice that was almost 80k is down to about 67k. So wishing the dollars to go back up because you have not seen any immediate impact and so that u can continue to cash out is evil and wicked of you.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by vivalavida(m): 10:11pm On Apr 11
MOG6670:
why u no dey comprehend? Ehn... Scroll up and read what he wrote and do justice to urself.
There is nothing he wrote there that I did not comprehend so stop throwing big English around.
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Getrich47(m): 10:24pm On Apr 11
CodeTemplar:
The real extent is revealed by the fact no one wants to share opinions they agree with. Just likes but no shares.

No one wants to farm now. Farms are risky because cow must chop.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by femi4: 10:51pm On Apr 11
Mariangeles:
With how the prices of things have gone up at a very fast rate, and refused to come down, how much has it affected how you eat?

Do you still enjoy what you used to, your comfort food and all, or do you just stick to a strict meal plan?
Do you still eat the amount of times you eat in a day?
Not anymore
Won ni kiss ti won, infact, no cheap cd again
Re: Has The Inflation Affected Your Eating Pattern? by Emekuz256(m): 10:59pm On Apr 11
Opp... It is not always easy. For me opp.. , I decided to draw a meal plan ( thus sticking to it) and also including Garri in my intake meal plan ( Every Thursday and Saturday). While also reducing the amount of money spent on taking my favorite and best meal ( Bread & Beans). Tho difficult sometimes; bt opp... Man no get choice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Food Timetable / Sausage Roll / I Sell Dried Cow Skin(kpomo) In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.