Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) (38763 Views)

How Are You Coping With The Rising Cost Of Food Commodities? / Nigeria Man Laments Over The Rising Cost Of Bread (pix, Video) / What Are The Best Foods For The Festive Period Considering The Rising Food Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 1:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

It is not news that the cost of goods and services now rises per second. No one goes to the market with a list again. Just separate your transport fare and buy as your money fit reach.

I remember the first time my market woman’s daughter tried selling homemade liquid soap to me. I replied “Noooo, I don’t use that. Don’t you have Morning Fresh or Mama?

Alakada oshi! grin

_Hey! Fast forward to today. The price of liquid soap e choke! Na me use my hand ask for that local one o. It cost N100 for 50cl. So I buy it and pour it inside my Morning Fresh container. lipsrsealed

The big Morning Fresh is 1000ml and currently, it costs N1000. With N200 liquid soap, I would fill up the big container. I save N800 on every 1000ml.

What of milk? I was always a fan of peak tin. Now I buy Peak refill and pour it into my plastic container.

I think this is the time for homemade products to thrive. kiss

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by God1000(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2022
APC brought this mess on us, a lot of nigerians today are facing existential crisis, trying to subsist.

And instead of this party to apologize to nigerians and ask for forgiveness for bringing untold hardship, they are busy gaslighting and campaigning for elections

It's really hard to adjust nowadays because almost everything is expensive.

199 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
grin

150 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
God1000:
APC brought this mess on us
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 1:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
Persephone1:
grin

This land is not for sale, beware of my son Magnoliaa

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by eliyke(m): 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2022
;Di just thank God say na everybody dey suffer am, even our nairaland zombies like manna,seun nd co hardly comment these days, money no dey to sub, suffering nd smiling

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Where is Franchasofficia?

What do you want to sell to me?
I am ready to buy now o. cry

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by GloriousGbola: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:
Are there known products you no longer use due to high cost?

Come in here and share your cost-cutting tricks with us. cheesy

i have left morning fresh over four years ago

there is this sunlight liquid dish washing soap - i think its made in ghana and is cheaper. a lot of shops are selling it

there are some cheaper dishwashing liquids, but be careful - some will mess with your skin. that is the danger of homemade

i don move from peak longest time to dano cool cow.

i have stopped buying in tins since forever

if you have cash, it may pay you to buy in bulk. just do your maths. sunlight sells 4litre bottles. it os for you to do the maths.

note however, that buying in bulk can be defeated if family are not disciplined.

73 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by folake4u(f): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
I'm not a fan of Soft drinks. I'd rather take fruit drinks or so.

Anyways, this inflation made me stopped taking Chivita and 5alive(N600/700), na Capri-Sun (N100 for one) I dey drink now. kiss
I also stopped using Peak tin milk for my cornflakes, I now use sachet milk.

God go punish Buhari and him cohorts.

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by pocohantas(f): 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i have left morning fresh over four years ago

there is this sunlight liquid dish washing soap - i think its made in ghana and is cheaper. a lot of shops are selling it

i don move from peak longest time to dano cool cow.

i have stopped buying in tins since forever

if you have cash, it may pay you to buy in bulk. just do your maths. sunlight sells 4litre bottles. it os for you to do the maths.

note however, that buying in bulk can be defeated if family are not disciplined.

I like this N100 own. I am sure sunlight would be like N600 for a litre. Instead I tell this woman to do in 4l for me at N800. grin

I would try Dano Cool Cow. I have taken it once at a friend’s place. I am not much of a milk person sha. So that one isn’t giving me headache as such.

10 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
folake4u:

Anyways, this inflation made me stopped taking Chivita and 5alive(N600/700), na Capri-Sun (N100 for one) I dey drink now. kiss

it's like you don't have long throat. That Capri sun is like 15cl

14 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2022
Cut down on travels and outings.
More of Lipton less of Milo.
I now use electricity appliances very smartly, and also try to control my cravings even if it's very hard.
Using the life of an item before changing/disposing.. no more unnecessary dash dash. Then you must gboju for some kind event.
Nobody fit bill me say you graduate abi you born. Na congrats I go give.
Agreed YOLO but the days are evu.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Ishilove: 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
Omoluabi16:
Cut down on travels and outings.
More of Lipton less of Milo. I now use electricity appliances very smartly, and also try to control my cravings even if it's very hard. Using the life of an item before changing/disposing.. no more unnecessary dash dash. Then you must gboju for some kind event. Nobody fit bill me say you graduate abi you born. Na congrats go give.
Agreed YOLO but the days are evu.
Brotherly, the days are indeed evu

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by GloriousGbola: 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2022
pocohantas:

I like this N100 own. I am sure sunlight would be like N600 for a litre. Instead I tell this woman to do in 4l for me at N800. grin

I would try Dano Cool Cow. I have taken it once at a friend’s place. I am not much of a milk person sha. So that one isn’t giving me headache as such.

Before you rush into the homemade dish washing soap, make sure it is safe for your skin. These dishwashing liquid are mixed with glycerin, I think.

No spoil your hand model hand o

9 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by nightfox01(m): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2022
folake4u:

8 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
We hardly fry these days . Groundnut oil is costly.

In my house we use satchet groundnut oil instead of the bottled ones grin

My phone camera and torch stopped working months ago.

Still using the phone without camera and torch.

Never knewI would be able to use a cameraless and torchless phone. grin

Though yet to buy, saw where chicken sellers t now kill chickens and share it on their tables instead of waiting for buyers to buy whole.

Will buy soon. grin

For hair, I use more of reusable afro attachments, crotchets grin

Quality of life going doing on a daily cry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by NotBeenPaid: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2022

The more the adjustments the more the inflation bites harder. Infact I get home angry from the mall or stores due to the continuous rising cost of things in this country. Though I buy in bulk.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Pells: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Looking for pant to buy Benz grin grin grin
dmostcheerful and pocohantas pant too dirty
Na Keke the pant fit bring come out lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by slawomir: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Damnnn niggar

I just buy in bulk and relax

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Joshmoore(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
I’m eager to hear from those supporting APC and those urchins still planning to vote a known drug lord with so many controversies and questionable characters

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by dmostcheerful(f): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
I cook soup and dish in small portions into the fridge, if I warm and dish and it wasn't enough for you, you keep your garri next time you can continue.
Since we use unmetered electricity we use more of electrical stove to gas.
As for baby milk, I make loads of soya beans grounded with crayfish add to the milk to make it more tasty and more nutritious.
We use to buy one tin of baby milk every week but now, 3weeks one milk.
As for adult milk, I buy milk and chocolate in rolls, 2sachets of milk and 2 sachets of tea per person any morning we will have tea for breakfast.
Initially, if you leave milk and tea in tins for my husband he will scope 3 to 4 spoons each.
Ask him for money to refill he will be the person asking you what happened.
Time no dey.
This are the little little adjustment I have made so far.

114 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by ipobarecriminals: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
sad
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Sablexxxtoons: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
May we not feel it is the prayer.. i thought economists say it is inevitable

Op your hands are very beautiful..

1 Like

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by lhordspy: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hdu
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by omoadeleye(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
Instead of buying hungry man size indomie, i started buying that auntie B pasta for 350 naira.
So i could not afford golden penny again sphag again.

Instead of buying a bag of water i started buying three units, one for morning and one for night.

And something something like that.

Make God no expose wetin we dey hide ..

These are just cost cutting measures for me.

43 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by seunlayi(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
Trimmed down expenditures especially anything tech or electronic gadgets.

I had a meeting last with my Current xiaomi RN10 phone that till next year ending, we LL still be together. I told my other electronics at home that our contracts are bidding till the next 10 years

33 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by tillaman(m): 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
Literally the only resources i no dey manage now na AIR ooo every other thing na manage o, no more Netflix sef till later in life
As e dey be like this sef ehn i no dey drink expensive liquor again na Guiness and Heineken sure pass
No more cologne oo body spray is the new cool and perfumed oil too

I thank God say I don buy my woman bone straight(s) last year so na just didi she dey do she go knack any of the bone straight on top

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by haconjy(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
Anytime I wake up,
I curse APC and pray for separation.

Of cause for now, I supported Peter Obi, but if at the end Obi lost, then Next is Oduduwa Republic.

Nigeria is hell fire on earth.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by Racoon(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hollanda yogurt, suya(once in a long while),

3 Likes

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by candidbabe(f): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by naijapikin2(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nothing whatsoever..
God has been a super provider.

He just updates my income.. my heavenly money apps

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Adjustments Have You Made To Cope With The Rising Inflation (Pictures) by HustlingHustler: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
sad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area? Oseni Rufai Asks / Checkout This Amazing Cake (Photos) / "I Love Your Culture But..." - British Lady To Her Nigerian Hubby (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.