Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 (12640 Views)

Workers Protest As Umahi Locks Them Out Over Lateness (Video) / Sanwo-Olu Proposes ₦‎1.69 Trillion 2023 Budget / Ogbonnia Oko Enyim Resigns As Umahi's SSA Over Interference In His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by emerged01(m): 8:21am On Apr 12
They just completed 10km,690km still to be constructed. O lo far gan o.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by BarrElChapo(m): 8:22am On Apr 12
Padi padi government
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by danowena: 8:23am On Apr 12
EponObi:
Bunch of jokers. Nigeria really spoilt her people silly with subsidies; so much they are tuned out of reality.

It's only in Nigeria that people wants all the solid infrastructures and the goodies that comes with it without paying a dime. Even tax, most don't pay. Before the fuel subsidy was removed, most were moving about with the faux reality that they are rich and earning enough. The removal shattered that reality completely. And na them dey say rubbish the previous years about the government not doing anything for them.

People think a 700km costal highway is one of those roads within their housing estates. A super highway that will have a train lane in the middle for that matter. Una never ready.

You have said it all. I really don't understand Nigerians. Some roads in the UK, US and canada have tolls. The road is not by force, if you don't want to use it, use the alternatives (which are usually longer or with more traffic).

Nigerians expect the govt to even pay their rent and but theirs cars. They think subsidy should apply to all their bills as it is their right without contributing positively to the national purse through tax and other civic duties. angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by AngryMrMAN: 8:23am On Apr 12
Helinues how far 😁
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by 36STATES: 8:24am On Apr 12
This is a great project regardless of the toll.
But my instincts is telling me that as soon as the Lagos, Ogun and Ondo part of it is completed, the project will be abandoned.
Projects of this type are usually started from different segments of the road, but this one is only concentrating on the Lagos segment.
The SE and SS part of this project will never be touched. A Yoruba man is a Yoruba man in Nigerian politics.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Coronavirus1: 8:27am On Apr 12
9 toll gate will cost motorist 27,000 haba umahi you don't have conscience.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by mainkendo: 8:31am On Apr 12
In one year they would recoup the spending
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by EponObi: 8:31am On Apr 12
danowena:

You have said it all. I really don't understand Nigerians. Some roads in the UK, US and canada have tolls. The road is not by force, if you don't want to use it, use the alternatives (which are usually longer or with more traffic).

Nigerians expect the govt to even pay their rent and but theirs cars. They think subsidy should apply to all their bills as it is their right without contributing positively to the national purse through tax and other civic duties. angry

Don't mind them brother. Someone in the article was even proposing #300 as toll fee. What a joke! Why not #50?

With an average of #3k, it will take the country 15 years to pay back the loan for the project. That's fair tbh.

Instead of demand for vigorous infrastructural development drives, Nigerians will rather want to government to keep subsidizing dollar and fuel so they eat away their future. If Nigeria can get electricity right alone, 30% are already equipped with the knowledge and drive to clear their way to financial freedom. But no, we will rather chase after frivolities.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by ClearFlair: 8:32am On Apr 12
helinues:

Have they even completed the road not to talk of building the toll gates?

You want them to wait for the same APC that has spent the last 10 years failing to finish before voicing out...lol
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by zionstaar75: 8:35am On Apr 12
Ofunaofu:

When should there be an outrage? Is it when it is fully implemented?

I have told you several times to stop making senseless comments. 
but you're the senseless one here because at the end of the day there is no guarantee that this plan will come to fruition

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Edipet(m): 8:39am On Apr 12
Road wen them no go finish in 50yrs

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Ofunaofu: 8:41am On Apr 12
zionstaar75:
but you're the senseless one here because at the end of the day there is no guarantee that this plan will come to fruition

Just go back to read your comment again, and you will realize how confused you are.

The minister is saying that the highway will be tolled; here you are saying something else. 

What is wrong with your reasoning?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Fiscus105(m): 8:42am On Apr 12
36STATES:
This is a great project regardless of the toll.
But my instincts is telling me that as soon as the Lagos, Ogun and Ondo part of it is completed, the project will be abandoned.
Projects of this type are usually started from different segments of the road, but this one is only concentrating on the Lagos segment.
The SE and SS part of this project will never be touched. A Yoruba man is a Yoruba man in Nigerian politics.

The entire money they will use to build it at go hope you would cough it for them?

Is labour party not govt of Igbo for Igbo?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Yankee101: 8:52am On Apr 12
We don’t want the road. We have connecting roads already that are bad. Fix those. Give students their loans and grants and give the money for the road as grants for Nigerian to make inventions and start/grow businesses

It’s very clear that nigeria won’t move forward if this same recycled thieves continue in power

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Sibetolo: 8:57am On Apr 12
Before 2003, I used to drive from Lagos to Makurdi with 2 stop overs at Okenne, and Ayingba or Otukpo in 8.5 to 10 hours or through Benin Enugu 9th mile in 9 hours. I used to drive Lagos to Abuja via Benin or the Akure-Owo- Ibilo ( notusing the present Akoko route) in 7 hours max. Lagos -Kaduna - Kano was 9 hours - 2.5 hours. Benin- City - Abuja was 4.5 hours Then the road were fairly good, this was about 3 years after Obj removed toll fees which stood then at 100 naira-150 per every 80-100km. I would rather pay extra 3000 for a 700km at 428.71 Naira per 100km journey than subject myself to what is going on presently with bad roads, spoilt suspensions, shocks and weakened chassis, protracted journey time and heavy fatigue amongst others. As at this morning a 55 minutes flight from Abuja to Benin is 128k on one airline and 181k economy on another. Please not everything we blow our top. Abeg. We cannot shy from the fact that infrastructural development especially like this one has multiple advantages accruable to the economy of the various communities the project would transverse.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by tenpipsperday: 8:57am On Apr 12
Welcome to renewed shege

APC go reach everybody
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Ndipe(m): 8:58am On Apr 12
Have they even started building the road before talking of the amount of money to be exacted as toll money from drivers?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by ubox: 9:00am On Apr 12
Fiscus105:
Any vehicle that cannot pay it, let him go through long route. As simple as ABC.
Asin ehn, no be by force
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by pikechukwu6(m): 9:01am On Apr 12
Mark my word... A clear cr!minal agenda. This man wan reck the future just like lekki tollgate. undecided undecided. What stop them from working on the federal high ways that link the states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Omenapounds: 9:02am On Apr 12
Well, let the project be completed first then we can come together to agree how much we can afford to pay, but Atiku's 300 naira is definitely not obtainable
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by ubox: 9:03am On Apr 12
Sibetolo:
Before 2003, I used to drive from Lagos to Makurdi with 2 stop overs at Okenne, and Ayingba or Otukpo in 8.5 to 10 hours or through Benin Enugu 9th mile in 9 hours. I used to drive Lagos to Abuja via Benin or the Akure-Owo- Ibilo ( notusing the present Akoko route) in 7 hours max. Lagos -Kaduna - Kano was 9 hours - 2.5 hours. Benin- City - Abuja was 4.5 hours Then the road were fairly good, this was about 3 years after Obj removed toll fees which stood then at 100 naira-150 per every 80-100km. I would rather pay extra 6000 for a 600km at 1k per 100km journey than subject myself to what is going on presently with bad roads, spoilt suspensions, shocks and weakened chassis, protracted journey time and heavy fatigue amongst others. As at this morning a 55 minutes flight from Abuja to Benin is 128k on one airline and 181k economy on another. Please not everything we blow our top. Abeg. Although 3k per 100km is scourching sha.

It's 1k5 for cars
5k for trucks
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by dododawa1: 9:04am On Apr 12
Let it be

Done

First.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Timmi: 9:06am On Apr 12
Bobloco:
•Cars to pay N1500, trucks N5000 – Umahi
•Says Landmark Resort, jobs won’t be affected
•Property owners to be compensated

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/lagos-calabar-coastal-road-outrage-as-fg-proposes-n3000-per-toll-gate/amp/

This CUPP people are like dogs, throw a bone to a dog, the dog will start barking. Umahi was talking hypothetically that if the toll is this much, then it will take these many years to recover the cost of construction of the highway. CUPP JUMP AT IT TO BARK, WAIL AND SHOUT. Empty barrel making the loudest noise.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by buJu234: 9:09am On Apr 12
Why not complete the project first na.

By the way, don't u think the project should have started from calabar before ending in the Lagos side?.

Since starting in the lagos side, will increase the already existing lagos traffic..

Jst my thinking sha.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by surgical: 9:10am On Apr 12
Ofunaofu:

you are very funny to expect an APC supporter to have sense,even their president no get sense, see what the country has turned into under his watch,does it look like Nigeria is being run by someone with sense,even his appointees ,one just apologised for making senseless comments about freezer and cost of electricity
So my brother place no premium of their opinions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Bluntemperor: 9:10am On Apr 12
O P,are you ok?
What is Outrage there,in the Price?
I listened to the Hon Minister Umahi and he said between 'N1000 for Cars and N5000- for Trucks,etc and he said it depends - it can rise and falls too' ie the prices rises and falls according to Economic dictate!
✓ Do you want them to create a NTrillions- Project for you without recouping the Funds- because it's a Father Christmas money?
✓Are you aware that the Fundings is Mostly from Institutions -Abroad and Repayments is a Critical Elements in a Project Success?
✓ The Project was designed by your dead Party- PDP-Decades- ago,just like the 2nd Niger Project that was abandoned but didn't have the will to start it- and remain on the drawing book! So because it is Tinubu era that is kick Starting it,then is not good,abi?
✓Have you seen or been to that of American -or Irish - Coastal Projects and see how those economies got Transformed by their Coastal Projects like this?
• This is a Project that is Passing through 9- States of the Federation but here you are writing to deliberately say trash and anybody against it should be seen as the enemy of Nigeria!
LP and PDP are enemies of Nigeria- all na same!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Yorubaponu: 9:21am On Apr 12
Ofunaofu:

let be frank to ourself , we Yoruba are the problem to Nigeria 🇳🇬
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Bliztzer: 10:10am On Apr 12
Ofunaofu:

Na apc ass licker.
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by ufotunang: 10:37am On Apr 12
Wicked people in government....no feelings and conscience for the nigeria people...see the hardship they have already inflicted on nigerians and they want to add more hardship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by Pinkybush: 10:39am On Apr 12
Ofunaofu:

Do you think that guy is sensible at all?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by ufotunang: 10:41am On Apr 12
They should stop wasting money.....they can use the money they want to use to construct the highway to rehabilitate, construct and upgrade those federal roads that are deteriorating and are in bad condition...they is a lot of federal roads that are in bad condition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Road: Outrage As Umahi Proposes ₦‎1,500 For cars, Truck ₦‎5,000 by ufotunang: 10:46am On Apr 12
If you will be collecting 5,000 naira on trailers, trucks that will be transporting foodstuffs and goods to the market that will increase the prices of foodstuffs and goods the more and increase inflation...the costs of transportation will also increase if 3,000 naira will be collected from buses...this APC government just want to add more pain ,hardship to nigerians..a government with no conscience and feelings

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Flood Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta With Security Personnel / Imo Attack: Osinbajo Preaches Peace, Urge People To Resist Any Violence / Bandits Kill Four In Zamfara Raid, Govt Closes Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.