Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star (28152 Views)

Bobrisky: EFCC Warning On Abuse Of The Naira (Photos) / Juliet Ibrahim And Iceberg Slim Step Out On A Date / Iceberg Slim: I Am Not Exploiting Juliet Ibrahim For Fame, She Has The 3 C’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Topman7: 1:07am On Apr 13
SIRTee15:

I remember when fans of a German club complained that the team is too foreign due to so many black players and the story made frontpage on nairaland.

I pointed here that the black players are German and not foreigners.
Some idiots here said it doesn't matter, that the fan is right to complain.
I was shocked. So what should German FA do, ban black German players from playing football or what.

Amazingly the foreigners in the team were players from other white countries not Africa.
Some useless ones here still supported the fan saying he's right.

There's something genetically wrong with the black man's brain.
He's wired to feel inferior to other race

There's nothing wrong with his brain. Some of them are just brainwashed by colonialism, western media and education system, plus lack of history education in schools, foreign religion etc.

After all why are Jamaicans and African Americans the direct opposite?

Those ones don't tolerate white racism or white supremacist nonsense around them.

They don't fear whites or consider them superior in any way.

If you dare say blacks are inferior to their faces, they can shoot you. I've lived in the states. They don't mess with their black pride. It's one reason many of them cannot stand Africans, because they know Africans are still mentally colonised to see whites as 'superior'.

Do you know the average black American teenager knows more AFRICAN history than the average Nigerian/African ADULT?

I kid you not. They know all about BLACK ancient Egypt, Nubia, and can name some pharaohs. If nothing else King Tut (Pharaoh Tutankhamun) and Pharaoh Rameses. They know about the ancient black Israelites. Most of them have the black Jesus on their walls at home.

They can tell you about Mansa Musa and Shaka Zulu.

How many Nigerians can name even ONE pharaoh?

They are so ignorant they actually think Pharaoh is the NAME of a particular KING. ('King Pharaoh' as they call it).

I think it's something they got from the bible or something. They don't know it's a title, like 'Oba'.

They are totally ignorant. All they know is the garbage the colonialists slandered them with.

Trees without roots. That's why they feel inferior.
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by SIRTee15: 2:31am On Apr 13
jamesversion:

Blacks should not partake in any deliberate sensationalism or revisionism by filmmakers because the whites/Asians whose culture are affected by such baseless film production will protest in whatever way they deem fit. Blacks should not put themselves in positions of ridicule because of economic gains
It is not worth it.

See talk. Black actors should go hungry because he has another job to give them.
Like we can control the mind of all black actors n they will all agree to reject revisionist movies.

Is it all white actors that agree to reject stereotypes villain roles in Chinese movies despite the objection protest by western media?
Some white actors still travel to china to act in movies portraying whites as bad people. These actors say there's nothing wrong in what they doing...to them it's just a job n a film.

U are so dull, your knowledge base is suboptimal n very superficial. U lack objectivity in your thinking.
What U need to do now is take a researched history
book about ancestors n read.
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Maxcollins042(m): 4:24am On Apr 13
SIRTee15:

Next time learn to keep quiet about what U know nothing or little about.

You too sabi
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by 1Sharon(f): 6:25am On Apr 13
Tellmeastory:

You're an embarrassment. Another House Negro. Show us the ''skin darkening''. This is the movie Ten Commandments.

SHUT UP THERE. THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE BLACK AFRICANS, AS PROVEN IN THIS EPIC VIDEO THAT IS CRAMMED WITH ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO MAKE YOUR HEAD SPIN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJtk4rRXSPY&ab_channel=AfricanHistoryStation

You shut up idiot. Before jumping on my comment like a dog in heat make sure you follow the discussion.

You're talking about the ten commandments which is based on biblical events in the LEVANT. I'm talking about films set in Ancient EGYPT. Two different places.

And what's my concern if white people play as a biblical characters? The bible na your history book?
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by 1Sharon(f): 6:53am On Apr 13
SIRTee15:

But blacks who play these white characters are also portrayed as European. They wear european dress, have white mannerisms and culture. The problem is whites don't want to look beyond the skin colour.

As I said, If whites have problem with blacks playing white role. They should direct their complaints to right
Channel - white movie producer.

The attack on these black actors is becoming extreme. They nearly killed the confidence of Halle Bailey when she played little mermaid.

If it were black producers doing the nonsense, I will understand. That's why I said nothing when whites attacked the black Cleopatra in the docudrama about Cleopatra. The producer was Jada Pickett who should know better than portray Cleopatra as a black woman.
Cleopatra is of greek ancestry.

Finally, do not be deceived....ancient Egyptians are dark skinned. Their complexion is very similar to modern day Ethiopians.

Their hair textures can only be seen among African descents. The evidence is clear- ancient Egyptian women depicted in drawings always wear braids.

It doesn't matter, theyre still black. And it doesn't matter if the characters are fictitious or historical. A characters race is relevant to their identity.

If these writers really cared about black people they'd create a new story involving mainly black characters. Black washing old white characters is lazy. If they cared, they won't slot you where you don't belong in someone's else's story.

There are many African stories/fairytales that they can develop to truly show their inclusivity and diversity.

Why should any black person with pride and feel happy about this?

Notice how they've been doing this alot lately? Aside black washing characters, they're remaking old movies. They've run out of ideas and they need a quick money grab.

Ancient Egyptians were not just dark skinned. They were a mixed racial group.of people. Not just black, not just white.
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by SIRTee15: 7:18am On Apr 13
1Sharon:

It doesn't matter, theyre still black. And it doesn't matter if the characters are fictitious or historical. A characters race is relevant to their identity.

If these writers really cared about black people they'd create a new story involving mainly black characters. Black washing old white characters is lazy. If they cared, they won't slot you where you don't belong in someone's else's story.

There are many African stories/fairytales that they can develop to truly show their inclusivity and diversity.

Why should any black person with pride and feel happy about this?

Notice how they've been doing this alot lately? Aside black washing characters, they're remaking old movies. They've run out of ideas and they need a quick money grab.

Ancient Egyptians were not just dark skinned. They were a mixed racial group.of people. Not just black, not just white.

Then depicting white actors as ancient Egyptian is equally wrong no matter how hard they tan. I sense double standard here. Movies should portray the right characters in their roles. Descendants of ancient Egyptian still exist today.
Playing Gerard butler as an Egyptian in god's of Egypt is a big insult.

I repeat, if anyone has a problem with blackwashing white characters...they should channel their complaint to the right channel- the movie producers.
Actors should be left alone- they only hustling for their daily bread.

If a white man invites me to play Adolf Hitler in exchange for good money...why should I care whose feelings is gored. Its simply a job for me.

If U don't want to accept ancient Egyptians were dark skinned, that's fine but pictures don't lie. Ancient Egyptians painted themselves as very dark skin people. No amount of white washing would change that.

Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by samonak(m): 7:29am On Apr 13
Bruisecruise:
They love setting Black people up for insult ehn.

No white production company would allow a movie of Idris Elba to pair with some hideous white girl whatever the story line may be.

It’s time Black people build and take complete ownership of their own EVERYTHING and stop ranting or complaining to get treated better in white spaces.

Spoiler Alert: Idris Elba casted along side Ali Larter (hideous white girl) in "Obsessed" .

1 Like

Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by samonak(m): 7:31am On Apr 13
jamesversion:
The whites have every right to protest such vain revisionism.

Na Which day wey Shakespeare Juliet turn black. grin
So what do you call whites being portrayed as ancient Egyptians or Hannibal?
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by bencr7: 8:04am On Apr 13
Orlu13:
foolish black ppl dat keeps falling into d trap of these US leftist...original characters are now being tampered with impunity..they want a lady to play a role originally meant fr a man, they want a man to play a ladies role,
black man to play a white mans role
white man to play a black mans role

not to mention the infusion gays and lesbians and all sorts of creepy things inside their movies...

thank God I have deleted Netflix... bunch of leftist piece of shits
u are right, almost all their seasonal movies and cartoon,they always add gays and lesbian.
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Orlu13: 8:38am On Apr 13
bencr7:
u are right, almost all their seasonal movies and cartoon,they always add gays and lesbian.

yeah...they have tampered with almost all their movies... I hardly watch movies these days
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by JetApartment: 12:42pm On Apr 13
Elsueno:
I actually did not like how the whites ganged up on d young girl.

But to be fair, let's be honest, Juliet should not be black just as much as black panther cannot be white.

its much better to look for or create an original story that requires a young black actress.

It's a shame really, I perfectly unuderstand how she's feeling sha

What proof do you have that the character "Juliet" must be white?
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by YoungBlackRico(m): 1:37pm On Apr 13
Was Juliet black? Woke BS
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by redsun(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13
The is question is why do blacks always want to emulate white people? Why can't blacks create unique black characters that white people will envy?

Sometimes you see black actors and actresses ridiculously acting as English monarchs and aristocrats. It doesn't make sense. The less we try to identify with white people, the more unique and autonomous we will become.
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Azazyel: 2:46pm On Apr 13
redsun:
The is question is why do blacks always want to emulate white people? Why can't blacks create unique black characters that white people will envy?

Sometimes you see black actors and actresses ridiculously acting as English monarchs and aristocrats. It doesn't make sense. The less we try to identify with white people, the more unique and autonomous we will become.

Tell them o
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Azazyel: 2:50pm On Apr 13
JetApartment:

What proof do you have that the character "Juliet" must be white?

Romeo and Juliet are not African names. They are also not part of Africa history or cultural background. The Romeo and Juliet story does not have a place in Africa's history. It is of European ancestry. Some people claim that Jesus was black. What can you say about that?
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Timetravel88: 8:59pm On Apr 13
Tellmeastory:

HOW IS IT A LIE?

I AM A RESEARCHER, SO WHEN I TALK, YOU SHUT UP AND LISTEN.

THE WHITE POPULATION OF ZIMBABWE and SA ALONE EXCEEDS THE NUMBER OF AFRICANS IN EUROPE.

SOUTH AFRICA HAS OVER 6 MILLION OF THEM.

THERE ARE LESS THAN 5 MILLION AFRICANS IN EUROPE.

You are being mischievous for using SA and Zimbabwe which are not the entirety of Africa when drawing comparisons with Europe. The whites in SA developed SA for the habitation of their race, they moved to a particular location for that purpose not the whole of Africa.
Africans moving to Europe are going there cap in hand in an attempt to better their situation while the Boers who moved to SA came with an objective to transform the landscape for better so their generation unborn can thrive.
Two different things, the former is a beggar while the latter is a builder.

1 Like

Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Goddyrichie(m): 8:14am On Apr 14
SIRTee15:

U are just talking shit out of profound ignorance.
Whites don't like themselves. They only unite when they want to gang up against blacks.

Canada invaded USA and burnt down the white house in 1822.
World war 1 and 2 was fought by whites due to battle for ethnic supremacy in Europe.
Whey do U think British voted Brexit...U think it's.because of blacks? They wanted the eastern white European to leave their country. Brexit has nothing to do with blacks.

White only unite and become one when it comes to black issue.
what I’m saying in essence is that we black we hate ourselves more than d black do
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Goddyrichie(m): 8:18am On Apr 14
Tellmeastory:

VILLAGE ILLITERATE, WHITE PEOPLE SLAUGHTERED OVER 120 MILLION OF THEIR OWN PEOPLE IN JUST THIS LAST CENTURY!

THEY FOUGHT TWO TRIBAL WARS WHICH THEY DECEPTIVELY TERMED “WORLD WARS”.

ONE MAN ALONE CALLED ADOLF HITLER LINED UP 6 MILLION OF HIS FELLOW WHITE COUNTRYMEN AND FORCED THEM INTO GAS CHAMBERS WHERE THEY CHOKED TO DEATH.

STALIN KILLED OVER 10 MILLION RUSSIANS.

EVEN IN AMERICA THEY SLAUGHTER OVER 30,000 OF THEMSELVES EACH YEAR.

IT’S A COUNTRY WHERE COMMON ARGUMENTS ON THE STREET ARE ROUTINELY SETTLED BY GUNFIRE.

GET OFF CNN AND HOLLYWOOD FAIRYTALES AND GO AND STUDY THE WORLD AS IT REALLY IS, NOT AS YOU HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED TO SEE IT.

BLASTED AIR HEAD.
ur papa that’s a well educated person what have he achieve than speaking English in d street everyday idiot what I’m saying is that we black we hate ourselves so much more than d whites hate themselves when last hv u heard white kill they’re sef cuz of tribe or an Australian citizen chase American people away from they’re country like we do here in Africa
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by JetApartment: 12:40pm On Apr 14
Azazyel:

Romeo and Juliet are not African names. They are also not part of Africa history or cultural background. The Romeo and Juliet story does not have a place in Africa's history. It is of European ancestry. Some people claim that Jesus was black. What can you say about that?

Are all blacks in Europe Africans? What are you going to say about Blacks bearing European names? We have so many examples of blacks (even Africans) bearing European names like John, Romeo, James, Emmanuel, Juliet, Esther etc....what are you going to say about that?
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Iceberg3: 1:00pm On Apr 14
Tellmeastory:

SELF HATER.

ADMIT YOUR REAL PROBLEM: YOU FEEL INFERIOR TO SO-CALLED WHITE PEOPLE.

NO, YOU ARE NOT INFERIOR TO THEM.

OKAY?

YOU CAN PLAY THEIR ROLE IN MOVIES JUST AS THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING YOURS WHILE YOU KEPT SILENT.

OKAY?

IT’S NO BIG DEAL.

YOU NEED THERAPY.
Mental
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Azazyel: 2:23pm On Apr 14
JetApartment:

Are all blacks in Europe Africans? What are you going to say about Blacks bearing European names? We have so many examples of blacks (even Africans) bearing European names like John, Romeo, James, Emmanuel, Juliet, Esther etc....what are you going to say about that?

One of the things that qualifies us as Africans is our dark skin which clearly depicts our identity. Remember Peter tosh the reggae artiste? He sang a song that no matter where you come from, as long as you are a black man, you're an African. All those black people you see in Europe claiming those countries have lost track of their ancestry. They weren't able to trace their roots so they accepted their fate. Now a lot of black people are retracing their ancestry. They are coming to Africa to find out more. They are sending DNA samples to know where they match. You see all those white people in USA, their ancestry is Europe. The real Americans were the Indian hunters typically yellow skinned together with those Eskimos in Canada and Alaska area. In those days when Romeo and Juliet story started, racism was still at its peak so it wasn't possible that they would exalt black people in their culture like that. Black people were viewed as lesser beings and only reduced to household chores with no recognition of any sort. If you say Romeo and Juliet were Africans then you mean white people during that period weren't racist. The white people enjoyed the story so much that they told their children who carried it in their hearts as guidelines to live life. Romeo and Juliet story is not part of black culture. We should stop trying to live their own lives. That's the real inferiority complex
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by JetApartment: 2:35pm On Apr 14
Azazyel:

One of the things that qualifies us as Africans is our dark skin which clearly depicts our identity. Remember Peter tosh the reggae artiste? He sang a song that no matter where you come from, as long as you are a black man, you're an African. All those black people you see in Europe claiming those countries have lost track of their ancestry. They weren't able to trace their roots so they accepted their fate. Now a lot of black people are retracing their ancestry. They are coming to Africa to find out more. They are sending DNA samples to know where they match. You see all those white people in USA, their ancestry is Europe. The real Americans were the Indian hunters typically yellow skinned together with those Eskimos in Canada and Alaska area. In those days when Romeo and Juliet story started, racism was still at its peak so it wasn't possible that they would exalt black people in their culture like that. Black people were viewed as lesser beings and only reduced to household chores with no recognition of any sort. If you say Romeo and Juliet were Africans then you mean white people during that period weren't racist. The white people enjoyed the story so much that they told their children who carried it in their hearts as guidelines to live life. Romeo and Juliet story is not part of black culture. We should stop trying to live their own lives. That's the real inferiority complex

What if i told you there are black indians in india with no roots in Africa? Being black doesn't mean you must have a root on Africa, it is just a skill color. Educate yourself more and stop the confidence of displaying ignorance online.

Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by Azazyel: 4:40pm On Apr 14
JetApartment:

What if i told you there are black indians in india with no roots in Africa? Being black doesn't mean you must have a root on Africa, it is just a skill color. Educate yourself more and stop the confidence of displaying ignorance online.

Are we fighting?
Yes there are dark skinned indians. I've known this since. When the Portuguese slave traders arrived India, they brought Africans with them. Africans actually toured the globe long before several races. Some of these Africans had kids there with Indian women. A lot of interbreeding has happened in the world over the years. Did you read up on it? Look at those dark skinned indians, somalis, Ethiopians. Don't you notice anything about them? You see those people in Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya. Most na Arabs Dem be o. Most of the indigenous people there were killed.
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by maestro299: 12:20pm On Apr 16
Tellmeastory:

SHUT UP.

THERE ARE MILLIONS MORE WHITES AND ASIANS IN AFRICA THAN AFRICANS IN EUROPE AND ASIA.

REPULSIVE PEOPLE SWIMMING IN SELF HATE AND COMPLEX.

Story.
Be deceiving your generation.
You want to enjoy same privileges as the whites in their country, no? Then accept discrimination as a package deal.
Abi no be your native country dey do tribal and ethnic discrimination too?

1 Like

Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by SIRTee15: 10:06am On Apr 23
1Sharon:

Yes you're right. White people have been playing ancient Egyptians but if you look closer. They made an effort, they darkened their skin slightly to look tanned. And ancient Egypt wasn't just black or white, it was a mixture of different races.

Still on ancient Egyptian...I think U will love this.
From a white Egyptologists expert so U wouldn't say we pushing afrocentric propaganda.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5n9FZ_OtIb/?igsh=a3I1cDdjMGJkNDNo
Re: Francesca Amewudah: Black Actors Condemn Racial Abuse Of Romeo, Juliet Star by 1Sharon(f): 2:48pm On Apr 23
SIRTee15:

Still on ancient Egyptian...I think U will love this.
From a white Egyptologists expert so U wouldn't say we pushing afrocentric propaganda.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5n9FZ_OtIb/?igsh=a3I1cDdjMGJkNDNo

I really don't care about this discussion anymore. Pls explain the drawings they weren't just black people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Celebrities Blessed With A Child In 2015 (photos) / Ossai Ovie Success Slams James Brown's Father For Posing With His Son / Photos: Super Eagles Player Ejike Uzoenyi Weds in Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.