Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Today I Saw Another Man Cry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Today I Saw Another Man Cry (884 Views)

Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Man Caught His Wife Pants Down With Another Man / Man Spots ‘dead’ Wife With Another Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today I Saw Another Man Cry by bummyla(m): 9:15pm On Apr 12
Today I saw another man cry

Today I saw another brother! Another friend! Another man! Another husband! Another Son! Another Father sob quietly behind his office building for 20 minutes because he job was threatened! His only source of livelihood was shaken and he felt so helpless but to sob in agony.

This was not the first time I saw a man cry at his place of work, because his job was threatened and this might not be the last. Things that our fathers go through on a daily basis and most of us know nothing about them.

While I watched he cry, I kept asking myself, does this young man have a wife or a knife?

Does he have a companion at home, someone he would share his fears and insecurities when he gets back to the house tonight! Or does he have a knife that will strip him of his last dignity if he ever shows any sign of weakness.

Would he be loved at home or condemned too!

Well! I will never know! But my brother seems to be a fighter!

After sobbing for like 20 minutes, he washed his face, left and bought for himself a plate of beans and bread, plus two chilled sachet water, I would have asked him for one of the water if the circumstances were right.

After he finished eating, he washed his face for the second time, adjusted his tie, made sure his shirt was perfectly tucked in, with his shoulders high and his head raised up, he went back to his office as if nothing happened!

No matter what you are going through in Life, biko eat something my brethren

https://bummylabackup./2024/04/12/today-i-saw-another-man-cry/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by immortalcrown(m): 9:23pm On Apr 12
The society trivializes the men's pain.

That man's children will grow up to say their mother is the one that suffered for them.

1 Like

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by fyzaila: 11:20pm On Apr 12
So you wanted to still ask the poor dude for one of his sachet water 🤔❓Ahn ahn

5 Likes

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by Sapasenator: 3:26am On Apr 13
Why would a man cry, especially an African man!

Do you know the shit we passed through growing up.

The first time I cried as a man, I was driving on the highway and received a call that my healthy dad had passed.

I stopped the car, say by the roadside and cried like a baby.
That was the first thing I had to confront death in the family. Nothing will make me cry aside from that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by NPFLADMIN(m): 3:51am On Apr 13
He cried, not because he was weak, but because he has been strong for too long.
May God help us.

5 Likes

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by pretydiva(f): 5:52am On Apr 13
Sapasenator:
Why would a man cry, especially an African man!

Do you know the shit we passed through growing up.

The first time I cried as a man, I was driving on the highway and received a call that my healthy dad had passed.

I stopped the car, say by the roadside and cried like a baby.
That was the first thing I had to confront death in the family. Nothing will make me cry aside from that.
Sometimes its OK to cry you know. Probably the guy has bottled up too many things he prolly can't share with any one.

3 Likes

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by Sapasenator: 8:48am On Apr 13
pretydiva:

Sometimes its OK to cry you know. Probably the guy has bottled up too many things he prolly can't share with any one.

I see your point. Its really hard for me to cry no matter how I try.

1 Like

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by pretydiva(f): 8:49am On Apr 13
Sapasenator:

I see your point. Its really hard for me to cry no matter how I try.
Ok
Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by Sapasenator: 8:58am On Apr 13
pretydiva:

Ok

Hey your do is very cool, are you really a diva?lol
Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by bummyla(m): 12:48pm On Apr 13
Hmmm! You might be right, because he kept saying under his breath "I no go fit bear this thing any more!"

NPFLADMIN:
He cried, not because he was weak, but because he has been strong for too long.

May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by Atolu01: 5:32pm On Apr 13
men don't cry. They don't have the emotional machinery to process vulnerable, sympathetic feelings, even towards themselves. They'd rather look for who to torment continuously, to make their egos feel continuously better. If one of them so called cries, it is looking for the unfortunate person/ so called prey to manipulate. The psychopathic-narcissistic, empathy lacking animal gender.
Re: Today I Saw Another Man Cry by poshestmina(f): 7:43pm On Apr 13
Being vulnerable sometimes does make them less of a man or Human.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Angry Children Vs Calm Parents / You Earn More Than Your Hussy, What Next? / Man Stabs Mom Over Adultery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.