Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,676 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 (40270 Views)

1 Dollar Is 950 / Breaking News : 1 Dollar Is Now 440 Naira / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ravenna: 5:05pm On Apr 13
Ofunaofu:

Mr. Cardoso, a genius

He will surely be a genius if the naira exchanges at N200 to a dollar where the APC met it in 2015.

Olodo, this is 2024, not 2015.
Why your bastarrd pdp leaders no return N1 to USD1 as it was in 1960?!
Even if cardoso return it to N200, yall moralfvckers would still complain.
Your brain is full of shitt.

3 Likes

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Chicagograduate(m): 5:11pm On Apr 13
MT:

Respond to the question if you are capable of holding sound intellectual discourse.

Some of you will sit for one bush and be forming "Albert Einstein".

I want to engage you head long. Are you ready to pick up the gauntlet?
How do you hope to even convince me with your mungo park lecture?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by CartelKenneth: 5:12pm On Apr 13
Reality3080:
nothing can satisfy u igbos n nobody is trying to please u

Even if 1 naira is 1 dollar

Nobody send una again

How u know say na igbos?
U dey very useless o shebi u know
Or tribe is the worst in Africa abi the world sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ofunaofu: 5:14pm On Apr 13
Ravenna:

Olodo, this is 2024, not 2015.
Why your bastarrd pdp leaders no return N1 to USD1 as it was in 1960?!
Even if cardoso return it to N200, yall moralfvckers would still complain.
Your brain is full of shitt.

PDP didn't use it to campaign

APC use it to campaign against the PDP. We are merely holding them accountable to their campaign promise

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by pquaver(m): 5:14pm On Apr 13
Ofunaofu:

How?

Go read this thread to understand better because I sure say you don't what you are saying

https://www.nairaland.com/8060381/exchange-rate-what-now-true

Keep quiet.. It is a trait.. Obidients never own up to anything... Is tinubu not using LP cheftains/NLC against abure to cause problem in LP? When u all think like this.. Instead of owning up to your chairmans actions.. Why should i waste time debating what is known to all and sundry with you..
Zombie... dients for a reason...
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by CartelKenneth: 5:16pm On Apr 13
abba190:
A good development. Somebody help me i hv been hungry even 500 will do. Just wanna feed im jobless

Yoruba man go look for agbado chop na
Animal farm
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by owunabastard: 5:16pm On Apr 13
Sermwell:

The so called haters you are talking about aren't the ones who crashed the naira!! Because of your incredible stupidity, you left those you're supposed to blame and blaming the innocent masses who were grossly affected by that insanity!!
Your empty skull couldn't even ask how much was naira to a dollar when this useless government took over? Chai!!
I must contest election and win in this country oh! cheesy grin
my brother that's how your country man reasons, leaving the cause of the problem and blaming innocent people. I shade tears anytime I go through people's comments on this forum
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by MT: 5:21pm On Apr 13
Chicagograduate:

Apologies. I forgot you are irredemable cry cry.

Tough luck ahead

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ashawoman82: 5:21pm On Apr 13
adeniyiemmanuel:
That one is over unto ur igbo brothers that wanted tinubu to fail... bunch of FOOLS...
so na only igbos dey into the business?
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Everydaylove: 5:24pm On Apr 13
Until it return below N500 then what he accused GEJ for is pure hypocrisy. Useless party.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ashawoman82: 5:26pm On Apr 13
anonymous1759:
[center][/center]

Tinubu no Dey sell phone and Pepe for market talk to your fellow Nigerians to stop exploiting themselves.
let him regulate the prices of all those commodities that was inflated due to $, it's the function of some government parastals like trade union, nlc etc... Let government intervene, this business owners will not have a choice..
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ofunaofu: 5:26pm On Apr 13
pquaver:

Keep quiet.. It is a trait.. Obidients never own up to anything... Is tinubu not using LP cheftains/NLC against abure to cause problem in LP? When u all think like this.. Instead of owning up to your chairmans actions.. Why should i waste time debating what is known to all and sundry with you..
Zombie... dients for a reason...

Oohhhh! You have lost it all
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Rikidony(m): 5:30pm On Apr 13
ecomalchemistt:

Baba , which app be this ?
Coinmarketcap
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by anonymous1759(m): 5:39pm On Apr 13
Ashawoman82:
let him regulate the prices of all those commodities that was inflated due to $, it's the function of some government parastals like trade union, nlc etc... Let government intervene, this business owners will not have a choice..

When government started sealing shops didn't some headless Mop complain that FG is killing businesses?
The thread is here on NL. Nigerians only cry wolf when the corruption is not benefiting them.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by dappydozzy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 13
Ofunaofu:

Mr. Cardoso, a genius

He will surely be a genius if the naira exchanges at N200 to a dollar where the APC met it in 2015.

Shut up man, we are talking about this present administration where it met it not 2015, Cardoso was not CBN governor in 2015. So think normal, so everything will be normal with you.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Gandrova: 5:45pm On Apr 13
Dollar is crashing daily,but the price of ordinary commodities are still expensive.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Gandrova: 5:46pm On Apr 13
Chicagograduate:
lolz! Mingo park lectures indeed grin
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by millionboi2: 5:50pm On Apr 13
Kelklein:
Now that speculation is helping the Naira.. they are not complaining o..

The fact is that Naira is currently undervalued.
The support being provided by the CBN is helping it to find its true value..

Naira right now should ordinarily be around 400-450
200 jor
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ayotade09(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13
keymatt:
These agbadorians are very funny grin grin grin they want us to celebrate mediocrity in the face of hunger grin grin grin they should take the Naira back to N180 where they met it in 2015 before we take their agbado govt serious. cool cool cool
then pdp should take it back to 28 naira where the met it
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by tope777(m): 5:56pm On Apr 13
tballeyy:
those obidient are the enemy of Nigerian..they don't like good news
Negatives minded people

So Obident are the politician who dollarize their Primary and General Election.??

Those obidient commenting are not spending dollars, ask your APC politicians and businessmen..

Ordinary comment can't increase dollar....think with the box on top of you.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by millionboi2: 5:57pm On Apr 13
Reality3080:
were u igbos not happy then?

U were even saying it will get to 5000
not all Igbos,stop generalizing it makes you look foolish.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by tballeyy(m): 6:03pm On Apr 13
tope777:

So Obident are the politician who dollarize their Primary and General Election.??

Those obidient commenting are not spending dollars, ask your APC politicians and businessmen..

Ordinary comment can't increase dollar....think with the box on top of you.
obidient should also stop speculating non- sense.. think with ur biscuits box on top as well.. borehole guys
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by millionboi2: 6:06pm On Apr 13
nairalanda1:

Not going to crash to 200 naira. That's a pipe dream

The palaver is that Nigeria is not a exporter of manufacturing goods and don't have a diversified economy.

We need to get there first
is Uk close to china in production and exportation,but their pounds is strong.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by patrickcollins: 6:06pm On Apr 13
blancsn1:
My Igbo obidient people how market
Until he returns the dollar to 700 Naira he met it, his incompetent brought it to a thousand plus
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Bluntemperor: 6:08pm On Apr 13
Ashawoman82:

Even in my Area,the Dollar is coming down to N850 to 1 Dollar now!
•But we want the Foodstuffs Prices to begin to move down too,like the Dollar.
• President Tinubu - should call all the Manufacturers to give them a template for the Prices to come down.e.g why should a Create of an Egg be above N2500-3000?
These Monopolistic Companies are wicked!
How do you want the Children,the Youths and the Masses - have balanced Diets!
• Tinubu should give the Workers and the Retirees - their dues, Salaries , Palliatives and you don't need to wait for May- Month,but have Compassion as a leader and do the needful!
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by tope777(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13
MT:

Do you expect the FG to continue subsidising the Naira, and at the same time expect Nigeria to look like Dubai?

And what is happening now?

When they discover floating the naira won't work as it continuing falling on daily basis, they have to return to same subsidy ...or what are you producing that help Naira to be appreciating??
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by millionboi2: 6:10pm On Apr 13
koyeni:
As much as I'm happy abt the fall...what exactly was done to bring dollar down?
Not like we increased production/export or something
uk is not close to china in production and exportation but their pounds is strong ....we can do it
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by barinedan(m): 6:19pm On Apr 13
There's hope now, in a few months things will get better, let the dollar keep crashing, those who stocked money in dollars will be in pains and anguish now, as e pain them e go sweet us
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Dsimmer: 6:22pm On Apr 13
Lol. Nice one. Unintelligent ones should continue to keep it na and see themselves at loss 😂

Kudos to Olayemi Cardoso.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by nairalanda1(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13
millionboi2:
is Uk close to china in production and exportation,but their pounds is strong.

UK still exports a lot of...manufactured goods and services, and is a industrial country....AND...has a diversified economy.

That's what we got to aim for. Selling just oil is not going to get us anywhere, because the revenue we can earn is too small for a country of 220 million people (and yes, when NIgerian politicans loot, they make things worse for the rest of us, which is why corruption is evil)
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Vision101(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13
ivandragon:

It is always interesting to see 'you people' come up with excuses when the hypocrisy is pointed out.

BAT and Co. were at the forefront of criticising an exchange rate of 216. They took over power in 2015, so there is nothing like pre-tinubu rates.

Now, to your specific points. If the rates pre-2015 were subsidised, then why the criticism and condemnation? Why not insist that it should be raised so it can find its 'true value'? Can you see the contradiction in your position?

They never said they were condemning the 'subsidy', they said the rate was too high.

Which administration did the most abritage and round tripping? Is it not the same apc administration? During the tenure of pmb, did BAT ever criticise the balloning exchange rate?

And yes, things SEEM to be gradually easing up because some people spoke up rather than support blindly.

So, no one is even asking for 216 now, we are asking for 400-500. Consequently, we will continue to push the government to be responsive and responsible to Nigerians rather than to their own whims and caprices.
Why is it that you guys always assume that everyone has interest in parties rather than regimes. Technocrats have no interest in parties but regimes. Go through my posts my emphasy has always been on regimes.

As far as I'm concerned preBAT is preBAT irrespective of APC, PDP or LP. Can you show me where BAT personally said that the subsidized 216 to a dollar was too high?

My confidence in this regime is not because of APC but BAT. Apart from OBJ's garage leadership style, this is the first time since 1996 that someone with a good mix of sound political and economic leadership emerged as our leader. Before he came in we had evidence of his performance.

I have told people that the pains had to come because what held our growth will have to be dismantled. Of course there will be resistance.
I will be totally disappointed if BAT didn't perform.

Should BAT for any reason come in for second tenure I can bank that the nation will be restructured.

FYI I'm an Igbo but not the typical one. I repeat: I have confidence in this regime more than any before now.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by abba190: 6:26pm On Apr 13
CartelKenneth:

Yoruba man go look for agbado chop na Animal farm
u are wrong because i am hausa

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos) / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account / Tonye Cole Buys His Wife, Sylvia Cole, A Benz For Their 23rd Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.