Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 (40277 Views)

1 Dollar Is 950 / Breaking News : 1 Dollar Is Now 440 Naira / Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ivandragon: 6:33pm On Apr 13
Vision101:

Why is it that you guys always assume that everyone has interest in parties rather than regimes. Technocrats have no interest in parties but regimes. Go through my posts my emphansy is on the regimes.

As far as I'm concerned preBAT is preBAT irrespective of APC, PDP or LP. Can you show me where BAT personally said that the subsidized 216 to a dollar was too high?

My confidence in this regime is not because of APC but BAT. Apart from OBJ's garage leadership style, this is the first time since 1996 that someone with a good mix of sound political and economic leadership emerged as our leader. Before he came in we had evidence of his performance.

I have told people that the pains had to come because what held our growth will have to be dismantled. Of course there will be resistance.
I will be totally disappointed if BAT didn't perform.

Should BAT for any reason come in for second tenure I can bank that the nation will be restructured.

FYI I'm an Igbo but not the typical one. I repeat: I have confidence in this regime more than any before now.

Can you have a president in Nigeria without a political party?

https://dailypost.ng/2015/03/10/tinubu-claims-jonathan-has-concentrated-nigerias-money-in-bribing-people/

The above link was one if the times bat said the exchange rate was too high as at 2014/2015.

Bat cannot be excluded from the failure of apc. After all, it was only when his ambition was threatened that he spoke up.

Bat would be more likely to perform well if he is kept on his toes and not by sycophantic affirmations.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by shepherd316: 6:35pm On Apr 13
I was like you a few years ago, i don't hate Jagaban, i hate his approach to a democratic government. I pray God heals you of Islamic-tribal bigotry, it seems youre on their pay list
Donaldoni:

Shut up!

Nothing to happen to our democracy.

Tinubu till 2031. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by ivandragon: 6:40pm On Apr 13
Ofunaofu:

PDP didn't use it to campaign

APC use it to campaign against the PDP. We are merely holding them accountable to their campaign promise

That is what the clowns refuse to acknowledge. It is only thier own that is 'okay'.

It was the present crop of leaders that condemned it at 216. No one is even saying it should go back to 216, but like 400-500.

Someone took it from 700 to 1900, then his supporters are being loquacious because it came down to 1200. Imagine.

They used thier own hands to spoil something, they have not even fixed half way to its original state, they are making noise and bragging.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by shepherd316: 6:47pm On Apr 13
I pray God heals and empowers Tinubu but how can God use someone who thinks of himself as God?
Donaldoni:

Shut up!

Nothing to happen to our democracy.

Tinubu till 2031. Deal with it.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Tonididdyx: 7:04pm On Apr 13
... That demonic binance was half the problem all this while

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by MrSly(m): 7:11pm On Apr 13
Yourprick:
Road to 2k Keep your dollars closer

Tinubu met dollar at a little over #400. He messed up the economy and now trying to clean it but still far in the mess. So tell me when dollar is below #400. That is when Tinubu will earn accolades and bragging power. For now it is all for the politics.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by vince2016(m): 7:46pm On Apr 13
JASONjnr:

I'm not igboz but not everyone who criticise the bad policies of the government is Igbo.

Infact, you guys have succeeded in turning the Igbo name as "anti"

Even if a northerner wakes up tomorrow and threatened not to vote Tinubu for a second term, you will likely blame Igbos for that. Just like the NEF declared!

I can tell you that majority Ibos secretly wish that Tinubu govt fail or waiting to see the north turn against the govt. They might not say it but reactions and utterance indicates that.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by PHAYOL81: 7:49pm On Apr 13
More crash for the dollars, we pray
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by PHAYOL81: 7:54pm On Apr 13
MrSly:

Tinubu met dollar at a little over #400. He messed up the economy and now trying to clean it but still far in the mess. So tell me when dollar is below #400. That is when Tinubu will earn accolades and bragging power. For now it is all for the politics.

Not #750 or #800 again? You guys are a rare kind
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Omookunnimi(m): 7:58pm On Apr 13
keymatt:
These agbadorians are very funny grin grin grin they want us to celebrate mediocrity in the face of hunger grin grin grin they should take the Naira back to N180 where they met it in 2015 before we take their agbado govt serious. cool cool cool

Who took it to #180 as you said? They also should take it back to where they met it before we take YOU serious.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by JASONjnr(m): 8:04pm On Apr 13
vince2016:

I can tell you that majority Ibos secretly wish that Tinubu govt fail or waiting to see the north turn against the govt. They might not say it but reactions and utterance indicates that.

This is true and I won't dispute you. But imagine Peter Obi had won. Many Southwest would've had this same hatred for Obi.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Benwallt(m): 8:16pm On Apr 13
Ofunaofu:

Na Igbo Obidients make naira crash to N1900 to a dollar

The play not part in dollar coming to 1070. They were defeated to achieve this feet. Obidients are animals
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Villa12(m): 8:33pm On Apr 13
Max24:

I and my family are doubly voting for Tinubu in 2027. If you are not happy about my choice you can go and hug transformer.
naso they go kidnap you and your family and Tinubu no go pay una ransom as he no sabi una papa grin
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Kingspin(m): 8:45pm On Apr 13
blancsn1:
My Igbo obidient people how market
CBN is funding FX, that is Nigerian government is selling dollar on discount.
That is what is happening.
Let's see how far they can go.
Unfortunately, goods and services are not down yet.
Try to Focus on issue next time

1 Like

Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by fijihems: 9:15pm On Apr 13
I hope and pray that the dollar crashes further. Naira was worth a lot more than the dollar when it was equal to the pound sterling.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ashawoman82: 9:41pm On Apr 13
Bluntemperor:

Even in my Area,the Dollar is coming down to N850 to 1 Dollar now!
•But we want the Foodstuffs Prices to begin to move down too,like the Dollar.
• President Tinubu - should call all the Manufacturers to give them a template for the Prices to come down.e.g why should a Create of an Egg be above N2500-3000?
These Monopolistic Companies are wicked!
How do you want the Children,the Youths and the Masses - have balanced Diets!
• Tinubu should give the Workers and the Retirees - their dues, Salaries , Palliatives and you don't need to wait for May- Month,but have Compassion as a leader and do the needful!
it's sad man...
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Ashawoman82: 9:43pm On Apr 13
anonymous1759:

When government started sealing shops didn't some headless Mop complain that FG is killing businesses?
The thread is here on NL. Nigerians only cry wolf when the corruption is not benefiting them.
Oga if the governemnt wants to do something you think they'll care about what few citizens wi say?.. Let them do it first, regulate the prices of these commodities that's the only way the high price can reduce there's no other way..
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Nonsoco80(m): 9:44pm On Apr 13
blancsn1:
My Igbo obidient people how market
. Mu.mu kid
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Mccullum: 10:22pm On Apr 13
PointZerom:

In real sense, Naira has never appreciated since Tinubu took office. What we're seeing today is the appreciation of Tinubu's induced naira depreciation.

Pushing naira from less than 1k to a dollar to almost 2k to a dollar and bringing it down to 1070 to a dollar can be celebrated as an achievement by only fools.

Only sadistic foe always in sad mood for good news.

Foolish man with open mind far better than sadistic man which is always a virus to its state.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by darediamond(m): 10:28pm On Apr 13
See how all this inexperienced KIDS are defending Tinubu.

No go and learn how to use your Naira and any other Currency DO CRYPTO / FIAT arbitrage everyday to outsmart any Government In Any Country and be making money without you getting ENSLAVED. Keep shouting and insulting one another.

The Elites are not happy with we Youths who Knows there secrets. But what can they do about it in this Era of USDT or Alternate Dollar and Online P2P platforms that allows for Non-government controlled Foreign Exchange? What can they do about it other than using MTN, AIRTEL etc. against "US"?

This is what you should learn too. Because Neither Dollar nor Naira is the REAL MONEY!!!

They have Hijacked the real money from you and leave you with Bank Printed Notes and Minted Coins which is a Mirror of Real Money.

Now the Mirrored Money is what they are creating ARTIFICIAL INFLATION OVER EVERY NOW AND THEN TO KEEP YOU POOR FOR LIFE.

But through there Banks, both traditional and NEO Banks, you can counteract there 419.

Let stop here.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Trustyourself: 10:28pm On Apr 13
YorubaDemonswag:
Fake pastor's in the mud

Please disregard this fake news. I bought dollar today
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by zionspace: 11:02pm On Apr 13
Trustyourself:

How much
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by soullove1881(m): 12:00am On Apr 14
Phantom233:
No be for dollar to crash o, I hope the phones we are buying 120k will return to 45k which it was before now. Talkless of Tv, refrigerator etc which have al risen by over 200% because of this so-called Dollar trash.

You can always import. There's no way it won't come down.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by YorubaDemonswag: 12:16am On Apr 14
Trustyourself:

You bought it at 2700 rate bah?
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by PointZerom: 1:01am On Apr 14
Mccullum:

Only sadistic foe always in sad mood for good news.

Foolish man with open mind far better than sadistic man which is always a virus to its state.

I am a realist, you can insult yourself further it doesn't make any different.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Mccullum: 7:18am On Apr 14
PointZerom:

I am a realist, you can insult yourself further it doesn't make any different.

A realist that has no sense on different between constructive and destructive criticism.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by PointZerom: 7:22am On Apr 14
Mccullum:

A realist that has no sense on different between constructive and destructive criticism.

This is what you told your father, continue on this part ok.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Mccullum: 7:32am On Apr 14
PointZerom:

This is what you told your father, continue on this part ok.

Back to sender.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by PointZerom: 7:52am On Apr 14
Mccullum:

Back to sender.

You're right, I really sent it back to you.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Igunnu(m): 11:07am On Apr 14
When Tinubu became president dollar was around 750/800.

When it gets back to that point, we can then clap for him for undoing the mess he made.

And when it becomes lesser than that, we can start celebrating him and his policies.

But till then all this naira rising is still not worth celebrating. It is like taking 20 steps back and 15 forward.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by MrSly(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14
PHAYOL81:

Not #750 or #800 again? You guys are a rare kind
You can bleat for all I care but for now Tinubu is doing nothing.
Re: 1 Dollar Is Now ₦‎1,070 by Soleye24(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14
PointZerom:

In real sense, Naira has never appreciated since Tinubu took office. What we're seeing today is the appreciation of Tinubu's induced naira depreciation.

Pushing naira from less than 1k to a dollar to almost 2k to a dollar and bringing it down to 1070 to a dollar can be celebrated as an achievement by only fools.

But the ipob will be happy had it been it's skyrocketing. Very negative set of people

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos) / POS Fraud Transaction On My Account / Tonye Cole Buys His Wife, Sylvia Cole, A Benz For Their 23rd Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.