Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Depressed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Depressed? (52 Views)

DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. / Depressed / Im Depressed And Now I Think My End Has Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Depressed? by Interesting15: 9:33am On Apr 13
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(13th April, 2024)*

by Sunday Akanni

TOPIC: Depressed?
‭‭‭‭
I Samuel 16:14 ‬
But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and a distressing spirit from the Lord troubled him.

*Message*

Under the Jewish Old Testament dispensation, Saul made history as the very first ordained King of the Jewish people who received the anointing of the Spirit of the LORD for leadership. However, he soon made some errors that made the Anointing lift from off him: "But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul..." (I Samuel 16:14).‬

When that happened to Saul, it sent a signal in the realm of the spirit of a vacuum, and an evil spirit quickly latched upon this opening to disrupt the forsaken king. What has happened? Saul opened the door to satan who started plundering and ravaging his life with anxiety, depression, and fear. He soon became a miserable man.

*A lot of people out there are suffering from depression and deep anxiety with fear. But like in the case of Saul, you will discover that the devil is the culprit, and they ignorantly gave him access to their lives. Listen, pride and disobedience always allow satan to invade your thoughts and emotions. It's always nasty when this happens, and if it lingers, you can always feel depressed and hopeless*.

*Unfortunately, some folks at this time try to find relief in money, work, sex, drugs, work, etc. All of these only offer brief relief, and soon, you face the nasty emotions again. What then is the permanent solution? Simply humble yourself and align your will with God's Will. When you do this, you are empowered to resist the devil, and he will flee from you, running off with all his dirty packages.*

*Prayers*
Pray for those suffering from chronic depression out there.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭
‭‭
‭Proverbs 12:25 NKJV‬
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad.

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

(1) (Reply)

Learn More About Beliefs And Religion / Who Really Is A Terrorist? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 16/04/2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.