Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal (19208 Views)

FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by GreatOchuks: 10:31am On Apr 14
Why not just make it 1 Million naira , round figure...

Useless and unproductive scoundrels,, thieves and corrupt bunch ...

You will go to Govt offices and have your paper stuck for days , even find out that it's missing until you give bribe before it will resurface and go to the next office for you to start another round of bribery and sorting .

Imagine a Civil service where 11 Civil servants will be working in an office but only 2 will be coming to work (late and irregularly) , the rest are doing their private businesses, some are even abroad doing Masters but still collecting salaries steady .

Once had Lady friend that works as a Civil servant, every day she's in her mom's shop selling, all she do ,,, go to work twice everyday to sign register then leave , she's also doing her Master's in another State,,, but if you see where she criticise the State Government for not increasing their Salaries ehn .

Useless folks

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by babsthegreat: 10:33am On Apr 14
How this possible only a miracle
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by victorsola: 10:33am On Apr 14
Sheuns:
Unrealistic for businesses. Both small and big.
private sectors won’t even be able to ay
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Teymanhenry(f): 10:35am On Apr 14
Omoapena:

That's why you have to involve union in any organization that isn't paying the minimum wage...
For now, it ain't going to happen
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by aniblue(m): 10:43am On Apr 14
It won't even get to 100k,
I foresee between 50/65k
Even with this, most states won't be able to pay.
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Skyehigher1: 10:46am On Apr 14
Hahahah see this joker you supplosed peg to 100k because dollars to is coming down 👇 gradually and everything is coming down and inflation is coming down too very soon
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Nolevel666: 10:52am On Apr 14
Gggjhhj:

So if them pay you 600k you go take,you dae make reference to Gabon, what of we Wey ne de work, Waiting we go come take.

Then go and bury yourself let others who deserve it earn what they deserve
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Nolevel666: 10:54am On Apr 14
aniblue:
It won't even get to 100k,
I foresee between 50/65k
Even with this, most states won't be able to pay.

I keep asking.

What is the problem?

Ordinary Kenya pays 200 usd as minimum wage.

We can’t even pay 30 usd and yet we call ourselves african giant

Our oil dependence has finished this country

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Nolevel666: 10:56am On Apr 14
GreatOchuks:
Why not just make it 1 Million naira , round figure...

Useless and unproductive scoundrels,, thieves and corrupt bunch ...

You will go to Govt offices and have your paper stuck for days , even find out that it's missing until you give bribe before it will resurface and go to the next office for you to start another round of bribery and sorting .

Imagine a Civil service where 11 Civil servants will be working in an office but only 2 will be coming to work (late and irregularly) , the rest are doing their private businesses, some are even abroad doing Masters but still collecting salaries steady .

Once had Lady friend that works as a Civil servant, every day she's in her mom's shop selling, all she do ,,, go to work twice everyday to sign register then leave , she's also doing her Master's in another State,,, but if you see where she criticise the State Government for not increasing their Salaries ehn .

Useless folks

That is what i will do too

If her salary is high enough to care for her she wouldn’t joke with her job.

How much fuel a month do you think you can buy with this current minimum wage?
Food stuff?

It is utterly useless?

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by thaoriginator: 10:56am On Apr 14
helinues:
cheesy

Jokes taken too far . Where would the state get the money from if the basic salary is N600k.

Well may be na typor error sha, it could be N61,500

This na gaslighting things jor
how much is the current amount? grin
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by frog12: 11:02am On Apr 14
this NLC is dreaming. really dreaming grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Whois(m): 11:17am On Apr 14
Osiris12:
that’s a bit over $50 a month. You’re wicked and probably stupid.

Helinues is both. Infact he is a bad belle.
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Scarcity234: 11:30am On Apr 14
234GT:
NLC has betrayed us.......why propose a senseless figure........government won't even take them serious....abi dem wan dey price the thing like fish.......

Isn't this obvious they're being sponsored by the government to propose unrealistic salary to further delay an introduction of a new minimum wage.

This is all APC's making and only the blind and dumb won't be able to see through their deceit.

Sadly, the current 30k will take years before it's changed.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by codedguy1(m): 11:36am On Apr 14
seunny4lif:
Ah
Haba cheesy
They should be asking realistically salary jooor
Max the F.G will pay is 100K per month and that one self no sure.

Labour leaders trying to get the Federal Government to increase salaries

But it is realistic for an individual to get a N160m jeep and be collecting N35M monthly as salary because he is a senator.

They can't be realistic but want others to be realistic and zombies will be supporting and agreeing with them even when they are not benefiting anything from the senators.

People that have worked 35yrs will not even see 1M naira from govt when they retire while someone who stays minimum 4yrs as senator or house of rep will be collecting millions from tax payers money.

Sickening.

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by kay29000(m): 11:44am On Apr 14
SoNature:
NLC should be realistic in their desire to get a raise. The minimum wage shouldn't exceed 100k. Do they know the number of workers this country pays salaries? Tinubu needs to shut down many MDAs that don't generate revenue for the government ASAP

The crazy thing is a lot of those workers do nothing. I have a couple of civil servant friends...all they do is go and sign in the morning and then find one bar that opens early to chill till 4 and then they go and sign out. They are thousands/millions like that...they do absolutely nothing.
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by kay29000(m): 11:47am On Apr 14
Powersurge:

The joke is on you bro.

You think it's too much yet an individual senate earns ₦35m monthly. Doing what? That's even the one we can see.

In your own mind now, Nigerian workers don't deserve a minimum wage of 600k?

Whatis 600k in this present Nigeria?

Modify: I see a lot of children wey dey stay with their parents or probably still in school learning what they will come out to hustle for 30k job insulting me.

I just shake my head and pity una.

This is a sign that the system has put a shackle on most Nigerians' mind.

Some dey even quote Adam Smith economic for me. I am truly sorry for una o.

Dude I get your analogy, but do you know the number of workers that the government is paying? Do your research on that before you say 600k monthly "MINIMUM WAGE" is not too much.

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Noblemanonpoint: 12:34pm On Apr 14
Finlja:
some Nigerians are plainly stupid.

You could see different fools above saying 600k is too much to earn for a month's work.

What can 600k do in this present Nigeria. A fool up there still said maybe he meant 61,500. Can 61,500 even get a bag of rice.

I weap for these fools

Calling people fools when that title plainly rest with your likes that have no basic understanding of economics.

So you're saying manual labourers and other artisian should be paid 600k monthly even when the business that employed them earn way less than that as their monthly turnover, or you think minimum wage is only applicable to civil service workers.
Did you guys go to school?

It would lead to severe hyper inflation, it's not realistic!! tongue

That would totally bring the country on its knees. There has to be equal economic growth before such amount can be proposed and implemented.

The leadership of NLC are dunderheads.

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Ezmans: 12:55pm On Apr 14
Ezechimma:

And u still dey naija. U for don japa go Gabon. U for don dey earn 1.2m by now
am rich am into business, government can't pay me I have relatives there
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Funflipper: 12:56pm On Apr 14
Finlja:
some Nigerians are plainly stupid.

You could see different fools above saying 600k is too much to earn for a month's work.

What can 600k do in this present Nigeria. A fool up there still said maybe he meant 61,500. Can 61,500 even get a bag of rice.

I weap for these fools

Even if the minimum wage is increased to 1 million, that same bag of of rice will go up to about 500k.

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Funflipper: 12:58pm On Apr 14
Ezmans:
am rich am into business, government can't pay me I have relatives there

How much do you pay your workers monthly?
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Ezmans: 12:59pm On Apr 14
Gggjhhj:

So if them pay you 600k you go take,you dae make reference to Gabon, what of we Wey ne de work, Waiting we go come take.
am a business man & government can't pay me but have relatives living there for many years
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by israelmao(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14
NLC is unserious for presenting such an unrealistic minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by nnewsnjobs: 1:21pm On Apr 14
It is possible for Labour to get the amount divided by 10.

So #61,500 minimum wage is possible.
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by triplechoice(m): 1:23pm On Apr 14
Angelfrost:
Lol... These people don't seem to know how inflation and economics work. grin

The best FG can do is #100,000.

...And that can only be for federal government workers only or mostly.

We all know most states will never pay that... Some are still struggling to pay the current paltry minimum wage.

NLC needs to quit clowning around...!

It's you who don't know "how inflation and economics work "

Moreover, you're not the federal government to know the best they can do. Nigerian civil servants who are privy to certain secrets about the government are in a better position to know what government can pay or not pay.

And please mention the "most states" not paying minimum wage. You people keep regurgitating things you read elsewhere without confirming if true or not. Some states are paying above the minimum . Are you even aware of that?
The states you claim not paying minimum wage are actually paying what's very close to it. So don't mislead the public with half truth.
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by soccerlite: 1:23pm On Apr 14
Can't dis nlc & tuc be reasonable
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by triplechoice(m): 1:26pm On Apr 14
Funflipper:

Even if the minimum wage is increased to 1 million, that same bag of of rice will go up to about 500k.

Why will it go to 500k a bag?
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Chetas81(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14
FOOOOOOOOOOLISH CITIZEN WHY CAN'T YOU DEMAND FOR ONE MILLION NAIRA FOR MINIMUM WAGE,IF IT'S SOLUTIONS TO THE NIGERIAN CITIZENS PROBLEMS, FRAUDULENT PEOPLE LIVING IN NIGERIA
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by triplechoice(m): 1:34pm On Apr 14
Noblemanonpoint:

Calling people fools when that title plainly rest with your likes that have no basic understanding of economics.

So you're saying manual labourers and other artisian should be paid 600k monthly even when the business that employed them earn way less than that as their monthly turnover, or you think minimum wage is only applicable to civil service workers.
Did you guys go to school?

It would lead to severe hyper inflation, it's not realistic!! tongue

That would totally bring the country on its knees. There has to be equal economic growth before such amount can be proposed and implemented.

The leadership of NLC are dunderheads.

You have come with you moronic talk again.

You keep repeating it would lead to hyperinflation without for once providing instances in the past it led to that in Nigeria and other countries where minimum wage was increased. I don't think you even know what's hyperinflation .
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Doyin2(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14
May be N615k. per annum

Otherwise,the Labour leaders should be arrested for treason and economic sabotage.

Salary and other expenditures, are functions of Revenue and PRODUCTIVITY,not grants or loans.
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by PHAYOL81: 1:40pm On Apr 14
Labour don't seem to be ready for a change. They're not realistic with their demand.
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by Tywo2018: 1:43pm On Apr 14
Jokers.... Na 50k go end everything
Re: Labour Submits N615,000 Minimum Wage Demand In Fresh Proposal by triplechoice(m): 1:50pm On Apr 14
kay29000:

Dude I get your analogy, but do you know the number of workers that the government is paying? Do your research on that before you say 600k monthly "MINIMUM WAGE" is not too much.

Please understand the 600k is just a "gimmick" by labour to get a better deal from government at the end of the day. Nothing is fixed yet.

During Buhari regime, labour at first, proposed around 150k as minimum wage ,but at the end of the day, 30k was approved by him .

You should look to past wage negotiations in this country to understand what's behind the current proposal of labour, and stop the unnecessary criticism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

An Open Letter To President Goodluck Jonathan By Chief Timipre Sylva / Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House / We Did Not Attack Obiano, He Was Attacked By His Opponents - Ipob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.